What is the watch of choice for operators or SHTF

Which watch does Jow Forums recommend for every day carry, SHTF, and can also be used reliably in long term field ops.

Attached: 16456815-5D45-4B5F-A413-277061C261D1.jpg (750x1005, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marathonwatch.com/collections/watch/products/search-rescue-pilots-automatic-chronograph-csar
marathonwatch.com/collections/watch/products/general-purpose-quartz-with-tritium-gpq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When the chips are down, accept no substitute.

Attached: osama-bin-laden-wearing-a-casio-f-91w (1).jpg (1040x1040, 374K)

/thread

>right wrist
osama confirmed faggot

That piece of shit 10 dollar watch doesn’t even have a compass. Not even solar powered. When the batteries go, it will be useless in wrol

Thank God the batteries last forever.

>EDC
God teir: Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (muh magnetism)
Reality: whatever you want ig. Really depends on your personal style. I rotate between a Bambino, a Citizen Promaster, some seikos, and some old quartz Citizens that I inherited. Casio illuminator models are nice for night. I am currently saving for the aforementioned Omega.
>SHTF/LARP/working out
Poorfag/fiscally conservative extremist tier: F91W
Actually want a good watch tier: Gshock in whatever flavor you want with whatever features you want. I like the classic DW5600 because of its relatively slim profile, but the newer models offer more stuff if you want. The solar models require the least maintenance of pretty much any watch out there.

Or left handed

I used one that lasted 7 years and I only chucked it because the wristband rotted away and broke.

a windup meets all of those criteria if you know how to use it as a compass.

That one right there. I have one of the older models of the same thing and it's 10 years old. The band finally broke a few months ago, but it was $10 for a replacement. It's solar powered and I've had no battery issues. The other features like barometer and temperature are nice too. The glass is super hard and the entire thing is durable as fuck. Atomic timekeeping means you never have to adjust it.
If you don't like that model, go on g-shock's website and pick one out to buy on amazon. I'd stay away from analog models though.

Even worse

I'm not big on the rubber/plastic-y bands because I feel like they break easily. Are any of these watches compatible with the big nylon NATO styled straps?

Mine took almost 10 years to break, but you can probably get nylon replacement bands for pretty much any watch.

my edc

Attached: Patek-Philippe-Grandmaster-Chime-8.jpg (860x795, 137K)

You could have put a new band on it fucker

>OD Green Master Timepiece.

Fight me faggot.

Attached: 42433434.jpg (242x208, 10K)

So im trying to find a good digital watch for tech work and some light outdoor work/voulenteering. Ive narrowed things down to these and wanted to know your opinions or suggestions of other watches i might want to take a look at. Whatcha think?

Casio DW5600ms
Suunto Core
Casio G-Shock GW6900-1
Nixon Unit

Attached: 1544655568661.png (393x447, 133K)

Seiko Sea Urchin, aka SNZF17J1. Absolutely fantastic entry level automatic that looks great wearing everything from jeans to a tuxedo.

Attached: IMG_20190127_155811477.jpg (3570x2466, 2.02M)

>tux with a diver
No.

Attached: Snapchat-290049001.jpg (664x1440, 213K)

Search Traser watches, really good shit

Also the TSAR from Marathon, not for the faint of wrists

marathonwatch.com/collections/watch/products/search-rescue-pilots-automatic-chronograph-csar

The current military issue is the gpq

marathonwatch.com/collections/watch/products/general-purpose-quartz-with-tritium-gpq

>digital
What are you, 7?

I dont know how I feel about that handgat.

Attached: Snapchat-62255276.jpg (1244x2560, 552K)

Attached: 2019-01-16 11.00.27.jpg (3264x1836, 2.15M)

It’s the most durable for shtf faggot. Non digital is not as resilient

NIXON regulus
T. Grunt

Attached: file.png (500x500, 166K)

I also have this watch (pic related). I got it with a digital/analog hybrid on purpose for SHTF. The idea was that I would be able to use the analog part for navigating with the sun (if I needed to) as well as getting a more precise stopwatch and countdown timer with the digital part.

That's just me, though.

Attached: s-l300[1].jpg (300x300, 17K)

Automatic or manual. Even solar capacitors have to be replaced.
The band I just bought for a Seiko costs more than that Casio. You can use a good strap on anything though.

>tux and dive watch
Literally the James Bond look.

Attached: bond.jpg (568x640, 95K)

>What is the watch of choice for operators or SHTF

The suns position in the sky and the direction of the shadow it casts

I just want this but with a small compass....and without all the guccie looking sexspec bullshit.

You can get a nato band for like 3 dollars

I meant a good one, not made by Vietnamese orphans with a glue gun and a sewing machine. You can get a NATO for $270 if you really want to.

does casio even make a watch with a compass?

Over

Gshock. Very hard to actually stop one from working with normal use. There's a video of a basic one being slammed on the floor, run over by a steamroller, attached to a bicycle and beat and after all that it still worked.

I've had a solar one for 5 years and the battery has never gone below high. The compass ones are pretty good, but the thermometer is useless unless you take it off your wrist for a while so your body heat doesn't affect it.

Garmin master race reporting in

Attached: CDE931B2-4764-4AD0-9D4D-FEDD3EDA2110.jpg (3024x4032, 2.96M)

And needs maintenance.

What are even talking about?

I wear a seiko skx007. Water resistant to 200m, keeps running without batteries or sunlight, generally doesn't need serviced for 10+ years.

Im a fan of automatic watches, but cheapish ones are anoyingly inaccurate. For tough, outdoor use, solar quartz is unbeatable.

lul, how'd you get fucked up?

Casio protek solar

What kind of a poor arse lamer wears g-shock as an adult?

get a manly velcro strap

Mine:
Garmin fenix 3
Casio f91w
Casio Gshock dw 5600
Luminox Blackout 3051

Attached: WW194003SG_1_2kx2k_b75c26dd-fcef-4d78-873c-d3f04d0e9273_1200x.jpg (1200x1200, 164K)

hello world

Attached: 29.11.18 casio f-91w .jpg (4128x3096, 3.27M)

What's a good gshock that has a compass? A digital display, compass and stopwatch are literally the only things i want.

if the SHTF who cares if it's 2:45 or 3:10?

Retard

what the actual fuck is wrong with wearing a gshock as an adult? i wear hoodies and jeans to my wage cuck job,

its unprofessional and one of 100 reasons you have a wagecuck job to begin with.

Oper8ng

This

my Timex battery lasted 8 months. Changed the battery then lost it while surfing because the band broke.

>does Casio even make a watch with a compass?
3¾ years later, same battery, sleep with it, shower with it.

Attached: Casio Casio Casio.jpg (258x398, 26K)

When you need to operate operationally in the physical and digital environment accept nothing less than perfection.

Attached: 20190128_063935-1483x941.jpg (1483x941, 287K)

I've been surprised at how accurate my skx is. I'll readily admit that I got lucky with it, but it's generally within two seconds a day

>got hung up in a brier patch LARPing
FTFY

>Literally the James Bond look.
It's the old X is the poor man's version of Y.

In this case, James Bond is the poor man's idea of how a wealthy man dresses.
A Sub is a fine watch for diving (or was, fifty years ago) but when you're wearing a watch with a suit, it should be a slim, discreet watch (the classic version is something like a Patek Calatrava).
As for wearing a watch with a tuxedo: never. A man does not wear a watch with a tux. In such events where you would wear a tux, checking the time would be considered gauche.

As for OP's Rangeman, it's bulky as fuck. Sure it's got tons of features, but it's over a half-inch tall. It's not very effectual when you're wearing sleeves. A Tough Solar G-Shock 5600-series square is all you need

Do not go with an atomic unit. Most of them are wildly inaccurate if they lose contact with the system. Standard watches are less expensive and are plenty accurate under reasonable conditions.

Look at how small those wrists are folks.

>nigger charges at your wife with dick in hand
>goes to draw
>snags on coat and gets stuck
>get stabbed
>jaquandoinins kang the III th rapes ur wife

Attached: 11629379126_f43005a264_k.jpg (2047x2048, 983K)

Omega Speedmaster MAAAAAAN ON THA PHUCKING MOOOOOOOOOOOON YOU INEPT FUCK MUPPETS

Attached: To_the_end....jpg (1280x960, 186K)

>Automatic or manual. Even solar capacitors have to be replaced.
>You might have to replace the solar capacitor after a decade or two so instead use an inherently more fragile, less accurate system that needs to be serviced at regular intervals.

Attached: d78696483618747de6798104995bc3e8.0.jpg (645x729, 37K)

>parts that literally die at a random time and cannot be fixed without an industrial lab
>vs parts that work for 60 years just fine and can be fixed yourself with some tools
It wouldn't matter for you of course, you'd die after two days outdoors because you starred at the rain too long and drowned. You're the type of retard that tries to use a digital watch as a solar compass.

>parts that literally die at a random time and cannot be fixed without an industrial lab
??????? m8 it's a $20 part and a 1-minute job on almost all watches. Literally on-par with a battery swap.
>vs parts that work for 60 years just fine and can be fixed yourself with some tools
Oh ok so you don't own an automatic watch/don't take care of your automatic watch and don't notice that it's ±a few minutes every single day.

Mechanical watches are cool status symbols, but are beaten by solar quartz watches in all areas where you need a practical, durable timepiece over an intricate, elegant machine.

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

Dive watches will always be a top choice.
>rugged
>can withstand massive amounts of pressure
>water proof for hundreds of meters on even base models

For the price I really like the Sekio solar powered line. Battery lasts 6 months after being fully charged, and then as long as it gets lite it will constantly refresh the battery. Quartz clock is also incredibly accurate so unless you are going full mole man and living underground it's a great line. Pic related.

Attached: edc.jpg (1008x756, 329K)

Just picked up a Suunto Core, has a barometert/altimeter/thermometer plus other features. Bought it for long distance shooting. Pic related.

Attached: suunto-core-all-black-504.jpg (550x550, 41K)

Wristlets RISE UP

Attached: IMG_20190128_122715.jpg (3120x4160, 3.23M)

That same watch is going for 800 on Ebay right now thanks im going to Amazon right now.

A wind up pocket watch

>needs to be hand wound every day
Times have changed for the better

bingo was his name. OH!

hes a hajji, left hand is the hand he wipes his ass with thats why

Twink arm. Lift some weight for fuck's sake.

That's why you go sleeves down in the field you retard.

would be nice if gshocks website wasnt such trash

manlet af

That’s not how automatic watches work. They’re wound from the movement of your hand.

Surprised at how sturdy it is despite being dirt cheap

Attached: IMG_2300.jpg (2448x2448, 821K)

cool. now post a pic of it with a timestamp.

>its unprofessional

who the fuck wears expensive watches as a part of their work attire outside of execs?

Finally. I can't tell you guys how often I see fat fucking wrists and hands in these kinds of threads. Some normal hands going on this thread.

Are you saying my hand is fat or normal

Normal

Fitbit ionic

>tracks you everywhere you go

Feels good to be normal