Soft vs Hard range bag/case

Alright so I mostly shoot handguns to stay sharp. I bring 3-4 handguns each time and bringing their cases is annoying. Thinking about getting a dedicated hard pistol case like this, or should I just get those gun socks and put them in a soft bag case? I'm not an overly protecting guy anal about scratches, but do take care of my guns.

Attached: 91Jf4k38YdL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1363, 258K)

I have that case and it's way easier to carry that thing into my range with 5 pistols + 3 extra mags for each than 5 individual cases or pistol rugs with a bunch of mags in a sack or some shit. Worth the money, I think I paid $110 on Amazon.

i have that case for four pistols. it is great and lockable from kids or dorks. i have 5 mags for each gun stored inside. when all mags all full it gets a little heavy

Hard case. Look into the lead dust contamination issues. It's a real thing. That shit gets in your hair, on your skin, clothes, shoes, gear. Then, if you don't decontaminate properly it gets in your car, your house, etc. Eventually some of it ends up getting ingested by you, your kids, friends, your pets, nursing mothers and newborn infants. You think you wash your hands so you are OK. But what about that stroller or picnic blanket you put in the trunk. That same trunk you routinely toss your range gear. What about when your pregnant wife borrows your car that you take to the range and sits in the seat covered in accumulated lead dust? There are a LOT of precautions you need to take to avoid contaminating your living space and everything you own with lead dust. Being able to toss your weapons and gear into a hard case that you can wash or wipe down is a BIG one. I keep all of my guns in hard cases to take to the range. My shooting rest bags get stored in drybags. Clothing gets changed and hands/face gets washed before getting in the car which has sheets on the seats. All clothes and gear not in a hard case gets tossed in a rubbermaid for the trip home. Once home the drybags and pelican cases get washed with a hose outside and clothes get washed triple.

Is this a pasta?

No. It's what I do so my shooting habits don't cause my kids to turn out like paint chip eating ghetto tards. It would be nearly impossible to avoid lead contamination of our home and auto environment if I only used soft cases. Hard cases make it easy.

>be me
>have two guns in holsters on belt
>snubbie in pocket
>go to range

Cases are for rifles or when I take some noob relative to the range with a tasting menu of gats.

You're a faggot who is worrying about shit way too much. Only people who really need to worry are range masters of indoor ranges.

Not so. You have obviously not studied the issue.

No I've just lived a Jow Forums life, have a dad and grandad who lived a Jow Forums life and everyone is fine. Ungodly shooting, reloading, casting, farming lead from berms, more shooting etc on and on year in and year out. My kids should have 3 heads to hear you tell it.

Lead poisoning is cumulative.
A little bit over multiple exposures adds up.
OCD about that is not a vice.
One of the most contaminated places in Atlanta was a lead smelter that I used to pick up rolled lead sheeting at. A concrete plant sits on the site now right off of Cheshire Bridge Road. It is surrounded by high end condos.

I've spent a good bit of cash on hard cases, but have come to the realization that for range trips, soft cases are superior. Of course, if you're flying etc, hard cases all the way. But a standard range visit? Soft case every time.

That doesn't work if you wanna bring 6 handguns for one range trip unless you have an outdoor range where you can park next to your lane.

I can fit 6 handguns into my bag pretty easily, 3 per side if I'm creative, maybe even 1-2 more in additional soft cases in the center.

Thought I had pics but I guess not. It's an I-Shot large bag but it's not ginormous, similar to this. Can fit guns inside the foam sleeves and one on either side of each sleeve.

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 9K)

you're not fooling anyone, we know you only leave your house for Wendy's

just get a hard case, also you can fly with those unlike soft bags

>That doesn't work if you wanna bring 6 handguns for one range trip unless you have an outdoor range where you can park next to your lane.

You realize that there's plenty of soft cases that fit 6 pistols, right?
Hell, a backpack to fit 6 pistol sleeves in works too.

if you don't think lead would steal and eat your baby, you haven't been reading the literature.

Link pl0x?

I use a soft range bag, can hold 2 pistols and 8 mags comfortably, 3-4 pistols in a pinch. Also has an external pocket for my ammo and ears.

The issue I have is that the lane size is tiny where I shoot, having a big case like that means it has to sit on the bench in front and get brass rained all over it.

Soft shit for me. I have 1 of these cases for each pistol. They fold up nice and compact then put then in the range bag side to side. I can easily get 4 of them in the bag with plenty of room for all the other range goodies.

Attached: 41taU3MP7SL._AC_SY400_.jpg (497x307, 15K)

>while you were out partying, I was studying the lead

I just use this range bag. Hold 4 or 5 pistols, all my ammo, targets, my hearing and eye pro, and my mags. Works great, but gets a bit heavy when fully loaded up.

Attached: This-thing-holds-a-lot-of-stuff-courtesy-Jim-Duke-Jr.jpg (522x432, 31K)