Mercenaries

Give me your best mercenary pictures Jow Forums, or non-conventional operators.
I'm running a tabletop RPG where the players are mercs, currently in Africa in the 60's, and I need reference pictures for characters. Anything helps, cheers

Attached: Siegfried-Mueller-Kongo-Mueller-Siegfried-Muller-Ko-Mue.jpg (338x386, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4
youtube.com/watch?v=UFDrRASmlyA
youtu.be/0mJy1gfHfH8
youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4&t
youtu.be/JsIs3oCXpG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To kick things off, here's an absolute madman. Attempted Coups in the Comoros Islands like 4 times, with success. Also converted from Catholicism to Judaism, then to Islam, then back to Catholicism shortly before his death.

Attached: bod denard.png (735x1102, 1.93M)

How do you become a mercenary?

Now? Either join a private military company that does security stuff for a real government (requires actual qualifications like having a deployment) or join some rebel group (Kurds, Donbass militias, Islamic militants if you're into veiled women), probably get turned away, or if accepted, don't get paid and eventually get blown to smithereens when a real military intervenes with airstrikes.
But it makes a fun game premise

What PMCs are out there? Do those rebel groups like the Kurds still see combat/accept Americans?

>What PMCs are out there
There's Academi (formerly Blackwater), as far as I know they mostly work with the US government. You'd probably need a degree and a military deployment under your belt to work for them. There's quite a few others. Now that both Iraq and Afghanistan have petered out in terms of actual combat they've all moved into more technical stuff, like building and maintaining bases and that sort of thing. STTEP International has been doing something in Nigeria assisting them with Boko Haram.

>Do those rebel groups like the Kurds still see combat?
Yes but not as much as a few years ago.
>Accept Americans?
They have, even someone from this very board joined them. Dunno about now or how you would even begin to get into contact with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4
These guys are peak mercenaries plus they're in the right place and era for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFDrRASmlyA
more of them including combat

Sweet guess I’m off to Syria then

Read War Dog: Fighting Other Peoples Wars. My favourite guy was a pilot who used the callsign "Genocide" and would circle his shitty old DC armed with barrel bombs over an airstrip all night taunting the enemy over the radio.

My gandad was in indochina with this guy and used to tell us stories, apparently he he was an absolute lad hated commies more than anything and respected every man who would fight them

Also you’re a dumbass

See you on the news faggot

Become an operator in your own country's military, then leverage that experience to become a mercenary. I'm pretty sure this is how 99% of these guys got their jobs killing people in shithole countries for shekels.

Legion, then as soon as you're out you start getting calls from "security" companies.

I heard Legion dudes don’t do anything anymore, they just sit around Marseille chillin all day

How do you get into their elite units in the FFL?

Muller was one hell of a mercenary fag
youtu.be/0mJy1gfHfH8

not a photo but i hope you gonna like it.
youtube.com/watch?v=jDGDw4GWcf4&t

You can join multiple militias (KPG, KBG, Kurds) on Facebook and antifa websites

Not the same guy but the ffl doesn't really have "elite" units. The 2nd REP ( foreign para regiment) is considered the best of the legion but still they haven't done much since Mali

>But military training is military training
youtu.be/JsIs3oCXpG4

Aren’t they still in Mali? Also how do you join them? Do you ask the FFL Recruiter for a contract for that unit?

>aren't they still in Mali
Yes and for still some time the way things look

>how do I join?
You need to be 18, not be under an active arrest warant from interpol, then you have to show up at one of the recruting offices in France (the only way is to show up there in person). You'll spend the next 2 to 5 days being prossed medical/physical exam and all and if you get accepted you sign a 5 year contract go to Aubagne near Marseille and take part in the selection.
The weak will be culled from the herd and if you make it congrats you're in the legion

>can i ask for a specific unit?
Nope, every one in basic will be graded based on their performance and from there you will be assigned your place by the légion, for the 2nd REP for exemple you need to be in the first 3 to even be considered.
Of course you can ask for something under your place but you'll look weak.

Noting that you can leave the legion at any point during the first 6 month no questions asked.

Are you a legionnaire?

man that documentary does not pull any punches
it being an Italian film from that era it does feel weird and unreal, like its filmed like some sort of exploitation flick even though that shit happened for real
I did feel a small tinge of satisfaction when I saw the dude who burned those kids get shot, fucker got off lightly

anyone got good books or sources on the whole African clusterfuck from those days to modern times? this stuff has peaked my interest, Im going to give War Dogs a read in the meantime

like jesus fuck there is no fixing this fucking continent

Attached: foxmug.jpg (535x655, 62K)

No, I lived in Guyane and in Marseille so most of my buddys are.
Cool dudes can drink you to death and say nigger more often then Jow Forums

Sounds cool, they deploy a lot? I heard they’re Cannon Fodder

Not that user but Ive heard from most is the legions mostly just cleaning toilets, no real combat for the majority. If anyone could confirm or correct that would be cool.

also
>hard labor for life, for killing an entire family with his buds
>another dude also gets hard labor for life, for vandalizing cattle

It used to be that since they weren't french you'd send them to do the hard stuff and if they died who cares. Now not as much. The legion doesn't not garrantie you'll see combat but combat garranties you'll see the legion

Oh so the legion is elite? I might check them out

is it just me or are they adding stock gun sound effects?
a hunting rifle cant sound the same way a pistol does

Have fun dying for global communism