Gas Masks

Afternoon Jow Forumsomrades. With the threat of civil unrest along with Yellowstone getting ready to clear its throat, I'm starting to get a little concerned about not having some kind of respirator that will stand up to chemical deterrents(mace, tear gas, etc) or volcanic ash.

What should I look for if buying surplus? I've heard some surplus filters contain asbestos, but I have no idea if that's BS or not. Are there any countries I should steer clear of? How much should I expect to pay for something that could realistically save my life?

Attached: dc15_gas_masks_mask_survival_nuclear_tactical_chemical_us_military_nuclear_3_.jpg (1600x1600, 153K)

Asbestos is only an issue with commie filters. The West stopped using it in the 1960s.

Attached: Gas mask guide.png (3768x1423, 1.34M)

If you’re really worried about what you listed why buy surplus? Why not buy a good, commercial, industrial grade mask?

If you’re just going to larp then does it really matter? Just get what looks cool.

Cuz new shit is really expensive

>How much should I expect to pay for something that could realistically save my life?
Stay away from milsurp. It’s made by the lowest bidder, and it’s built to lower standards than civilian respirators. If you’re serious, pay the money for a 40 hour HAZWOPER course. That way you actually understand how to use and maintain your PPE. Then get something like a 3M respirator in the size that fits you. Expect to pay $80-$150 for a basic bitch respirator. There ya go, done.

If you just want to larp, get whatever milsurp knockoff gas mask you think looks the coolest. You’re wasting money if you spend more than $15, because that extra cost is not buying extra protection.

Get an Isreali mask. They are the best value and use NATO filters.

Attached: safe filters.png (2020x832, 1.59M)

If your just having a LARP, it really doesnt matter

If your serious, 3M

MSA milenium is comfortable, good vision and can get a sun visor attachment .

An alternative to filters, assuming you are using a mask that this is practical to do so and the only threat present is mace, tear gas, or volcanic ash, is using rubberbands or zip ties to secure a damp rag to the inhalation valve on the mask. This is most practical on masks like the GP-5.

Do not recommend doing this if chemical, biological, or nuclear threats are present, but it beats having nothing.

>t. Military NBC fag

Caveat, this method has been used with varying results in a multitude of environments.

If you have the time and money, and you care, the above posters seem fairly accurate. Just get an israeli with filters or surplus US. Keep in mind most of these filters are being sold aftermarket because they have expired their military DOE, so be cautious of what you buy. They shouldn't be hazardous, but their protection standards may be degraded.

Attached: NBC suit.jpg (720x720, 39K)

>along with Yellowstone getting ready to clear its throat

>believing in the volcano jew fearmongering

Attached: china disdain.jpg (504x477, 33K)

yeah but just think, if Yellowstone does go kaboom, a Jow Forumsontingent can head into the ash zone and start a permanent Jow Forumsult.
No one will be able to stop us.

If Yellowstone does pop off. I highly doubt that anyone in North America would want to live the absolute hell that will follow. 90% of the population would die within a year

>Trusting anything made by kikes

With what food or water? Everything will be under 10ft of ash all the way into Canada

Heyhey! Why have I not seen this graph posted here before? Is it brand new?

I've got an Avon S10, it's pretty good.

Is this a good deal for $100?

Attached: C769A746-DD64-49AD-AAA0-EC2C78FCC473.jpg (828x1111, 656K)

Well, I mean, if anything they'd be super keen for effective defences against gas

We will eat the ash

Attached: 1490805173941.jpg (680x503, 65K)

VIDF pls go and stay go

GAS GAS GAS

Attached: cap.jpg (480x270, 24K)

Not even fucking close retard. 90% of people within a hundred miles maybe.

>The West stopped using it in the 1960s.

yeah, instead you have problems with decaying particulate chromium and before you say that does not matter remember that nato mills removed them from service because of it long before expiration.

kek

Attached: bc34dabad11a2f5e2f451426a71669fd81f24e1a6e68eaa4dc78d3d29665b93f.jpg (319x960, 44K)

>not wanting to survive the initial blast to re-enter the North American Exclusion Zone to retrieve artifacts in the name of the Monolith
Do you even S.T.A.L.K.E.R bro??

Attached: Our_Lord.jpg (350x323, 50K)

I've got an FM-12 and type 80 filters am I good?

Best aesthetic, would you say the protection levels are still pretty good? Also where and how much?

no

Yeah if the filters are unopened

M40 will forever be the cutest looking.

The guy selling it states it’s never been used and has all of its credentials

Chromium is nowhere near as dangerous as asbesTOSS. You'd have to keep inhaling it for decades straight to develop any risk of health problems.

Attached: Weps93_brain size.jpg (766x1400, 539K)

Did you mean S10?