Amateur hours

>recently turn 21
>apply for a foid card (fuck illinois)
>get it in the mail last Monday
>go to the range for the first time ever
>shoot a 9mm taurus
>pic related

Did I do good Jow Forums?

Attached: 20190127_150935.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_s-HE0DzFAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You didn't say what range.
25 yards? Outstanding. 25 feet? Meh. Practice more. 3 yards? You suck.

very decent 25 meter group with a cheap gun on your first outing..well done

....5 yards.

>....5 yards.

Attached: 1540700847704.png (414x419, 248K)

Looks like you're at shoot point blank. Buy one of the aim doctor targets, they helped me figure out some basic shit.

Just practice more. 9mm isn't bad to shoot or expensive. I've been in your boat user. Consider classes. There's nothing wrong with taking courses. Welcome to the gun community. Don't let the faggots of the world discourage you.

Reallocate some of your mallninja accessory funds to pay for a handgun training course above all else, a decent amount of practice ammo, and eventually a better pistol.

Handguns aren’t the easiest things to just pick up and shoot for most people, don’t be discouraged.

GODDAMN, THREADS LIKE THIS ARE KILLING Jow Forums. STOP IT FAGGOTS

Attached: 1548451381787.png (611x436, 361K)

Which range were you at OP?

It's great you went out and shot! Good start man!

Attached: polar.jpg (398x339, 26K)

Of course I'll need more practice, it's a skill.
I was at shoot point blank

well you'll improve and you got started so its all good.

Nice, theres lots of Jow Forums anons in the area that go to the few point blanks around. Maybe you can make a friend or two if you need shootan buddies.

>Illinois
Get out of that state as fast as you can. I finally got out 9 months ago and couldn't be happier.
As for your group, looks pretty good for a 25 yard group, not that great for 5 yards... But hey, everyone starts somewhere. Go to 10 yards next and if you can get your group to look like that at 10 yards, you're improving. Then move to 15, then to 25, once you're at 25 yards, I'd say that's a respectable enough group if you're just shooting for fun.

Move your finger to the appropriate position, wait to release your finger after each shot, take your time firing. That should at least help you move your group closer together.

Good to know!
Yeah. I started getting angsty about starting because I applied for my FOID card the first week of December and didn't get to me until last week.
Yeah man, this place sucks.

>Reallocate some of your mallninja accessory funds to pay for a handgun training course
don't listen to these Jow Forums fudds
just subscribe to Voda
youtube.com/watch?v=_s-HE0DzFAY

this guy trained John Wick

Attached: 1534768645044.png (500x522, 523K)

I'm about the same at 7yds, but I try to shoot fast and have just been trying to get more accurate rather than the other way around. Doesn't help that my only handgun is a Tok with a gritty 8-9lb trigger. Pistol shooting is hard OP.

>go to the range for the first time ever
First time ever?
Then not bad.
You kept it all on paper and didn't shoot yourself or someone else, errr right?
But I'd have started you out on a .22

It's fine for a beginner. Make a da/sa revolver in 22lr either your first or at the very least your second gun purchase, get a case or 2 of ammo for it and shoot the shit out of it.

It'd be even better if you can take a class or spend time with an instructor but definitely get the 22lr gun.

You did well for your first time. I seriously think you out shot 75% of Jow Forums (that actually own firearms

you did better than my first time out.

shoot a lot of .22. If you have a house with a backyard, buy a cheap airgun. 9mm is cheap, but you can train even cheaper