I've been considering buying a Bushmaster ACR for a while now...but I'm still not sure...

I've been considering buying a Bushmaster ACR for a while now...but I'm still not sure. It's sorta pricey but I'm sure that it'll go down soon, since they announced new features and caliber conversions at shot show. Should i buy now or wait? Is it worth it??

Attached: 7-gacrss16m4b_1.jpg (550x550, 17K)

I'm right there with ya user. Except I want to get it for the folding stock and the memes.

Attached: 1548045436627.png (666x1061, 353K)

>I've been considering buying
*I have considered buying

>I've been considering buying
>I have considered buying
*I have been considered to buy

> I’ve been considering buying
Buying I’ve been considering

Not finding the shotshow article so what new features and calibers?

**considering buying I’ve been

Buy the Robinson xcr instead

Attached: Game-5.png (970x545, 668K)

**considering I’ve been buying

7.62x39, 6.5 grendel, and .300 bo conversions.

member me the ACR

the XCR is way better than the ACR and the small company of Robinson Arms has made good on promises that Remington has failed to deliver after years of false starts
>all metal upper and lower construction
>bomb proof long stroke piston system
>caliber conversion kits have been available for years and function flawlessly
>ambi controls are better placed and much easier to use and can all be used one handed by the shooting hand seamlessly.
>new FAST stock is also metal with easily replaceable cheek riser and butt-pad for when they break down or wear out. locks in place against set screws for the tightest fit possible and can be adjusted after hard use to maintain fit.
the XCR is a real battle ready rifle
the ACR is a meme.

Just wait for the Radom msbs, although I haven't seen anything at shot show and its a little concerning

And yet neither are successful. It's almost like caliber conversions are a meme, and any small advantages from those other things you mentioned aren't enough to warrant the price difference from what people are already buying like ARs and shit. Also why is "all metal upper and lower construction" a positive? It's not like a polymer upper and lower can't be done right.

I just got back from shooting today with friends and one of them had one so I can speak on the subject. His ACR has a catastrophic failure with steel cases ammo. It failed to eject and was stuck in the barrel. Not something I would trust my life to, much less spend $100. Also the hand guard/rails are metal so they get pretty hot and I don’t think you have much choice in customizing that aspect. For the same price you could get a Daniel defense gun with a giessle trigger and a nice optic. I would steer clear

*$2000

>polymer upper and lower [can] be done right
and yet nobody has been successful.
the XCR is a weapon I would not be afraid to use in hand to hand combat or mortar under adverse conditions or beat down doors or use in sub zero or desert extremes. Can you say the same for the ACR? I don't think so. There's a reason the M27 and the M4, etc., all use metal lowers and upper rails now.
war is a brutal business and no place for polymers that are typically light enough to save weight.

I'm just going to say, I've had failures to extract with Russian steel shooting both a CMMG AR-15 and a Polytech AKS-223. I've seen NutnFancy get failures to extract with a Steyr AUG (he gave the rifle an F because it failures with Wolf ammo) so I honestly can't say it's a gun issue more than it's an ammo issue. Steel straight wall case ammo has extraction problems, .223/5.56 especially so.

Oh, and I watched a guy routinely get failures to extract with Silver Bear .223 today at the range out of his AR, I don't know the providence but it looked like a poverty pony pistol build. To say the least, I wouldn't take fails to extract Russian steel .223 as a major slam against a weapon.

What would be the point when you could have an AR-C for 1,300?

Attached: AR-15 CARBINE.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Imo a high quality gun shouldn’t have to be babied with good ammo. It should eat anything you feed it. Otherwise what’s the point of a carbine? For a long range rifle sure but for a carbine, you want it to be very reliable. That’s part of the reason why I don’t subscribe to these special snowflake 5.56 guns.

>garbage in garbage out
chambers have specifications, and the quality of manufacturing is often how close and how consistent they can reach the spec. guns that fit all kinds of ammo are like the M47 Medusa: you have a wildly out of spec chamber that is loose enough to fit all the various cartridge variations without jamming on oversize casings.
premium guns require premium ammo like premium cars require premium gasoline. It's simply the name of the game. you can't cheat physics.

this desu

Attached: XCR M Black.png (1024x682, 1.36M)

nice build.
what caliber is it in right now?
Also, why change the stock out? was the FAST3 not yet available, or did you just not like the FAST2?

why don't you put diesel into your honda civic and see what happens.

But he's still considering it

user heres the rundown from someone who's owned one for 2 years, the rifle is good imo, but the price is marked higher than it should be and the weight is heavier than my ars, I personally dont mind that, you may disagree. All together I genuinely enjoy it enough to look at selling my ars.
tl;dr its good, try one out before you buy and watch the used market for a cheaper one

xcr looks like dogshit

>U wot m8

Attached: 6675132143_92b540018d_b[1].jpg (768x1024, 351K)

it looks like fucking dogshit. someone slapped a half assed disgusting baguette upper on an ar lower. you can think its fine but if you actually wasted the money on one then youre fucking braindead.

somebody sounds jealous

Attached: 6675132135_1de571a1d1_b[1].jpg (768x1024, 360K)

Whats with all the salt? XCR is comfy as fuck.

Better ergos than AR, adjustable gas, runs clean with a can...

Attached: IMG_20181027_203004.jpg (4516x1579, 1.86M)

Not mine. I think it was in .243 Winchester

Attached: 12345676543.png (1024x682, 1.43M)

5.56mm is tapered, and plenty of people have no problem at all with steelcase 5.56mm

XCR is pretty cool.
To me, it stands next to the Korean Daewoo K2 rifle as one of the few really good takes on the "Let's combine good features from the AR15 and the AKM for this new rifle design" train of thought.

I'd argue it's better than a SCAR, and by far worth its pricetag more than the SCAR.

Attached: Robinson Arms XCR L, MLOK.jpg (1500x1000, 523K)