Is Steel cased ammo ok?

I can get pic related dirt cheap. Like 150 rounds for 21$, but I have heard all over the internet that steelcase ammo is the devil. Is it fudd lore or will steel cased ammo actually damage my guns?

Attached: WinchesterUSAForged.jpg (800x483, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rMKsnoKczgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it depends what gun it is, but it's mostly fuddlore either way.

No, but they would be a nigger to reload

Doesn't work reliably in some guns and you can't reload it.
Price difference isn't worth the trouble.

It's mainly just brassjews.

For a shit gun(hipoint etc.) its straight, but I refuse to run Steel case in anything but my mak 90. The thought of abusing my beauties chambers hurts my heart!

USA Forged is garbage.

this shit is actually worse than wolf and brown bear. the powder coating seizes up my magazines and failure to fire everywhere

Monarch, Bear, Tula, and Wolf work just fine out of my AK74 and my friends AR. On a good day I'll shoot 3"-4" at 100 with irons. No malfunctions with the remaining 7N6 I got and Wolf Mil Classic works very well. If it's a bi-metal (steel+copper) indoor ranges won't let you shoot it because apparently fucks the backstop.

Its dirtier, but if you aren't firing it from a jiminez arms you should be fine

>the powder coating
its graphite i think, but its dirty as hell
works for the price

this, buy a box, find out if your gun likes it. If it does congrats on getting to use cheap ammo. It's without question the most economical way to shoot and even if it wore your barrel out twice as quickly youd still be in the positives and be able to buy several new barrels

>Is Steel cased ammo ok?
Yes. And if your gun can't shoot steel-cased ammo, it's shit and you should get rid of it.

pic is the absolute worst factory ammo on the market. dead serious. It somehow manages to be dirtier than Tula as far as powder goes. I've gotten multiple boxes in which the bullets weren't properly seated in the cases. at the very least, it isn't underpowered like Blazer, but damn it is just awful.

ignore people who say Russian ammo is the "worst quality" option. it's cheap, and it's dirty, but this stuff is WORSE.

Most steel case ammo is fine. On the other hand USA forged actually is the devil's work with it's bizarro high friction "dry lube" powder coating. Likes to cause malfunctions in higher capacity magazines IME while other lacquered steel case is fine.
A thousand times this. If a gun won't run tula, wolf, or brown bear then your gun has problems. Winchester forged is the only ammo ton the market that i won't hold against a gun for not eating as long as it's fine with other stuff.

Assuming your gun will eat either, is there any reason to choose aluminum over steel or vice versa for training ammo?

Attached: aluminium.jpg (266x189, 9K)

aluminum will take longer to break down when left out inna woods. assuming you don't pick up all your cases, that is. lacquered steel is also more water-resistant than aluminum. aside from that, Federal's aluminum rounds are great quality, very reliable and clean burning.

Seconding this; had my Jericho's magazines get stuck for the first time in the 4 years I've had it a week ago using the brand in OP's pic. Follower just would not go all the way to the top. Disassembled and cleaned them all yesterday. Other steel/aluminum has been fine.

>steel case
>winchester
That's scary. At least when I buy Tula I know that the factory has standards and the rounds will fire.

It can be less reliable due to higher friction and is normally less accurate/weaker than brass ammo (this is not because it is steel, but because steel ammo=cheap and they cut all costs)
It will accelerate normal wear, but the money you save will usually account for the price of the parts you will be replacing and then some.

Not besides price

some brass jew places dont allow aluminum cased.

It works fine in my G19.

this stuff is dirty as hell but it works
youtube.com/watch?v=rMKsnoKczgU

The USA forged shit is terrible. The commue steel case works fine. I like the aluminum cased 9mm and 45acp

no more than you faggots shoot who cares?
Its like some hacker wondering if buying 20.00 golf balls will improve his game

Quality ammo is always brass, but there's shit with brass cases, too. You can't really reload steel or aluminum, although I've seen plenty of post that claim they do. Aluminum is more likely to rupture in the chamber, but it would be easy to extract. Steel cases supposedly void the warranty on some guns, and I've seen numerous reports of damage to guns, but shittons more reports of folks saying they shot thousands of rounds of steel cases without issue.

If you have a well-made, durable firearm, shoot the steel and see what happens. If you have an expensive or delicate gun, stick to the brass. A 150 rounds for $21 seems like an ok deal.

If you're going steel go Russian, they know what the fuck. Americans can do brass and aluminum fine but we just don't have the slav magic to make bullshit usable.

aluminum cases have been known to rip rims during extraction in some guns leading to terrible jams and stuck casings, but yea aluminum is cheap and easy as fuck to recycle. the steel case voiding warranties is because some steel cases can prematurely break extractors in guns with tight chambers.
pistols like the CCP which have fluted chambers are less susceptable to this, but you'll still have chamber erosion from improper sealing when firing and friction during extraction.

Fag.

This and its not even that cheap

Armscor, perfecta, tula, and federal aluminum for practic. You're welcome OP.

That USA Forged ammo works fine through my glock. I have put roughly 1000 rounds down the pipe with minimal cleaning and have not noticed any difference in the loads compared to winchester white-box loads or even 115 gr loads from other manufacturers. It is decent range ammo and if you can get more trigger time out of your guns that is the most important thing.