Scenario Thread

Scenario Thread

You've been teleported to New York city. Suburbs near a walmart. You have an AirBNB house provided. Stocked with 4 weeks worth of food. The neighborhood is quite and low crime relative to the area. But high crime is less than 2 miles away.
You are some where in either brooklyn or Queens near JFK international airport

You have 5 hours before an EMP strikes
>Keys to a 1987 5speed Honda Civic (Must be able to drive manual)
>Full tank of gas
>70$ cash
>3000$ in the bank
>No gun or Stash of guns in the area. The local walmart carries ammo only

Lastly after running the first scenario. You get to bring one gun with you. But the NYPD will confiscate/detain you if caught within 4-5 days if caught with it.

Attached: 1431824248561.jpg (1280x505, 137K)

Drive out of the city before the EMP shocks my car.

Wait until FEMA sets up camps and live in a cozy tent with free meals.

Whats stopping you from just driving the fuck out?

Surprised you forgot that there would be a huge amount of traffic.
You would also have to leave out through either Manhattan or the Bronx. and to get further out you would have to cross two bridges. Assuming 2 hours to Manhattan and another hour out of Manhattan. You would end up somewhere in new jersey or hudson valley new york.

So for these purposes I will assume you end up in Newark NJ. High crime area

I gave such a large time span for people to think they could leave via the airport. Only to die in the inevitable plane crash post EMP

Attached: 1424550843575.jpg (3000x1688, 344K)

Take Honda civic
Make multiple trips to walmart for ammo, supplies and food. Also buy a bike
Scout out the local Marina and look at boats. Hope one of the boats owners are gone
Wait out the chaos.

Go to Marina when only a weeks worth of rations are left. Bug out to the south by boat

Gun of choice would be Browning Hi-power due to availability of 9mm ammo after LEO abandon post

Attached: 1351745376720.jpg (2520x613, 266K)

>You've been teleported to New York city

I blow my brains out immediately

Take Honda Civic.
Find a building material supplier, buy some rebar mesh and welding equipment.
Go to Walmart and stock up on food, bedding and drink, buy a comprehensive toolkit and a knife.
Find an abandoned warehouse, and then construct a Faraday cage using the rebar mesh and welding equipment.
Move all my supplies and bedding into the Faraday cage.
If I had enough time, I would then use the spare rebar mesh to construct a Faraday cage around the car. If not, go and chill inside the Faraday cage camp, until rescue came.

>until rescue came.

Lol

>*comes

there's no rescue, you live in NYC. what is there to "rescue"?

NYC is of zero strategic importance and the population is far too large to be cared for. everyone there will die, full stop.

Fine, I'll buy some crapper CB radio and keep inside the cage with me. Then afterward, use the torch to break the cage open and use the CB to broadcast an SOS.

How widespread is the EMP? This post seems to imply that everyone else knows about the incoming EMP. Is that right?

>to broadcast an SOS.

you're still not getting it are you

They'll come for me, I'm a citizen!

I would say nation wide
and I started this thread with the thought that no one had advanced notice except you. The traffic can be assumed because of high volume of people moving plus with the normal everyday traffic

No one is coming to rescue you. Except maybe FEMA to bring you to a camp. But would you really want to end up in a camp?

Also I would suspect that as time moved on and people become more acclimated to no rule of law. The gangs and survivors become more vicious. Making travel in the later stages even more difficult.(Reason why I opted for a boat rather than taking several bridges, which would be choke points for ambushes or corrupt fragmented government agencies)

Attached: 1317516708106.jpg (1324x1200, 483K)

I bring a 22 rifle and buy ammunition at the walmart on the way out of the city with the car packed with as many supplies as I can carry. I withdraw as much of my money out of the bank as I can. I go north, back home to nh. At some point, probably in Massachusetts or connecticut, the EMP hits and I have to restart the car.

Drive upstate, stop by my home for supplies, head into the Adirondack park and live the mountaineer life.

Turn bank funds into cash, buy food supplies/ammo/camping gear, go to local marina and jack a decent boat cuz fuck traffic inna city when shtf (if anyone stops me they'll get a cash bribe or a bullet), head up the Hudson river into upstate area, sell or ditch boat, use cash to get better guns, get to Adirondacks, go inna woods.

Why are you shielding yourself? Do you have a pacemaker?

Do I know the EMP is coming? Specifically, or just general knowledge of an attack? Does everyone else know?

bullshit, you could easily get to PA in 5 hours
but i'll play along
>handgun
like said, 9mm would be most plentiful. so i'd likely use either my beretta 92 or a glock and sneak in some sort of brace.

next purchase ammo at the walmart, as much as i can legally buy, 500-1000 rounds at the most.

also purchase:
>toiletries
>hygiene supplies
>water
>a few weeks extra food
>spend other money on card for some gold or silver
>extra gas
>buy supplies to try to make some kind of faraday's cage around the car
>so basically a lot of aluminium foil and duct tape

>wait for emp
>it goes off
>stay hunkered inside while shtf
>don't answer any doors
>intruders are killed with blades or clubs. gun is last resort
at this point I cannot really leave the city without causing attention to myself. once i have 1-2 weeks of food left, i book it.

the only real option anyone would have is to cash out and grab any supplies you can and head as far into the rural countryside as you can.
because even if you try to hunker down, all the modern cars would have some key systems fail like fuel pumps, blocking roads. so if i book it after a few weeks, the roads would be either too clogged or just laid with ambush choke points.

there isn't much of an option elsewhere unless you want to stay in a cold city with dwindling resources.

best bet for where i would head is some amish community in PA and offer to help in any way i could in exchange for their help

>tries to drive out of new york to avoid rioting from the EMP
>ends up in Newark when the EMP goes off

I'd just bust up laughing at that fucked up situation

buy a plane ticket. GTFO.

Attached: 1518628081610.jpg (1336x1011, 250K)

this is actually the best strategy i've seen yet. you just gotta get somewhere far quick

GET ME ON YOUR NEXT FLIGHT

>Lands in Flint, Michigan

I sell the car to the first person that would take it for any price and take a plane ticket out of the city and back home.

Correct. South America is by far the easiest and best option.
>Flint, Michigan
Even that's better than a large city.

Alright so if you take JFK within your first hour you have roughly 3 hours realistically if you want to be relatively safe, so that leaves me to calculate where you can go from JFK in three hours to somewhere safer.

You can get to Montreal, Canada within an hour and a half, get there and do what you can to take a taxi to the farthest out village. Hunker down there with the last of your money

Is this viable? I don't really know

I'm shielding my electronic items (I have a huge collection of priceless memes), and my vehicles electronic components.
So, I'd probably scrap the two seperate shelters, and just build them together.

>inevitable plane crash post EMP
Fuck I f I know but a jet engine can keep itself lit and there are hydraulic assists to steer the plane so of the pilot ain't a puss, a successful plane ride is possible as long as it was started before EMP.

>walmart
>backpack and bike
>put in civic
>drive civic away from nyc as fast as possibke
>does an 87 civic even have any electronics that would cause it not to run if they were disabled?
>even if it does just take the bike and backpack out of the car and keep going before any roodypoos understand whats happening enough to rob/kill/rape you

Get my friend, hop in his Cesna and wait the whole thing out on Martha's Vineyard

>withdraw all cash
>buy essential supplies at walmart
>stock car with food from airbnb house
>drive to long island
>steal sailboat from some rich faggot
>plunder the high seas

I looked it up. No one has done any real testing. DOD did a little and most cars just die and can be restarted.

>teleported to NY
>worthless car
>only have $3k
>have gun
kys is the only answer here

I was hoping I could dispel this by saying the TSA would take 2 hours for customs and boarding. Maybe its faster if you take a domestic flight?

Either way that leaves you 3 hours and if your flight is not fully landed within that time you die. Or burned/injured from barely surviving a plane crash
Maybe get lucky like

This was my plan
It seems Piracy all along the east coast will be a thing

Attached: pirate_bay_wallpaper.jpg (1920x1200, 545K)

>The local walmart carries ammo only

Theres only one walmart in Brooklyn, and they won't sell you ammo.

Go to the bank, withdraw cash
Find a renter for the airbnb on craigslist at 25% discount, with full year prepay in cash.
Drive I-87 upstate
Adjust rear-view mirrors so that flash won't blind you

Obviously just start driving away from long island. It is going to be a nightmare with all of the violence and chaos. Get into Pennsylvania buy ammo and tent then crash a campsite until things get sorted out.

Jeeesus that image is old.

>walmart in Brooklyn
Only walmart I know is in valley stream(Technically long island, but less than 5 minutes from queens) And they sell ammo

This is my fear of bugging out to the wilderness
A lot of survivalist will have the same idea. And these survivalist won't be trusting and more than likely be fighting over the same resources you will be fighting for. Its not the same as the cities which will be in complete chaos, but will be mostly amateur hour in terms of survival.

Attached: 1307630547211.jpg (487x418, 104K)

Mid-sized cities surrounded by country will be ok I think. I'm in Salt Lake, I think it will be self-organized due to Mormons and be not too chaotic like the huge cities. Other places like the midwest where it's midsized city+lots of rural areas around it will probably be bumpy at first then ok, more rural communities can hold their own by becoming self-sufficient far faster.

I don't even know how to navigate NYC, above scenario is fucked. Run I guess? I've been in the airports there, 5 hours is barely enough time to fly out.

Yes, although I would head to Dixieland to avoid snow

Yeah, a battery isn’t gonna be affected by an emp since it is a chemical reaction.

Most stuff in a car might be fine if there was some sort of faraday cage built in (ie the electronics are covered by metal)

>Jeeesus that image is old
I have been here for a long time friend
Pic related

>due to Mormons
Those Mormons really will take over all of Utah soon after shtf
How would life under your Mormon overlords be?

Attached: 4chan_pwns_all.jpg (933x658, 74K)

>will take over all of Utah
lol, the Mormons founded all of Utah and run it to this day. The majority of our senate is and always was Mormon, they completely rule this place. Because they have a very structured chain of command for their members, the amount of disorder will be minimal when the fed collapses. It will just revert to the pre-State matter: the Nation of Desert as prophesized, living a good and holy life. Since it isn't the past and they're less insecure about owning this place than they were in the 1800s, I assume us non-Mormons will fare as well as we do now. They're friendly folks; it's better to be a fag in a Mormon neighborhood than in a Southern Baptist neighborhood. Also they all have 2 years of food in their basements and wood burning stoves/survivalist shit, prepping is built into the religion. I'd fare better living in their empire than whatever shitchaos is going on to the west of us.