/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

peacetime infantry edition

old:
LIYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = DO IT FAGGOT
LIYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 49956612_2114748568548131_8631999002810510557_n.jpg (639x798, 52K)

How does secret clearance work for an expunged charge you disclose when there, presumably, are no longer court records to give them? I was never convicted anyway, but am curious. Could they dispute a claim that a diverted charge was dismissed unconditionally?

If I have a complete degree from one college with high GPA but did a few random classes at a different one for something else, will they find or ask about the latter if it isn't in my app/CV. Would they look at FASFA history if you don't owe anything currently and potentially see it that way? Grades were meh in said classes and would rather just exclude it if possible.

>THEY KNOW
For real, just a disclose the charges to the best of your knowledge, I had no records either but they found my sealed and expunged juvenile records. They won’t surface during any typical background checks but courts will hand them over to investigators during your local agency checks or a TS investigation.
>college
They won’t know and won’t care, purely looking at credits/degree completion. Unless you’re doing OCS, then they need everything and will average GPA across all credits. Only people looking at this would be the OCS board, and they can differentiate between grad/undergrad or community college fuck off time vs successful university time.

if you're a US citizen with a pulse you can get a secret

Didn't see the new thread before I posted, so just pasting my post;

I have a bachelors and I'm looking to get a commission in the Air Force or Navy, mostly interested in intel (27, too old to fly Navy). From process start to finish which branch am I likely to commission in sooner? I haven't taken the ASTB or AFOQT yet but I'm brushing up with prep material. I'm considering the reserves as well but I'm not sure how that OCS process differs.

Is it normal for your sgt to give you your E4 Eval to have you fill out the evaluation like a self eval?

Yeah that's standard at every level almost, you think the first O-5 in the chain is going to bother writing the dozen or so he has to do from scratch? Even when your rater gets the general framework and points going, if you're not involved you're really hurting yourself because you'll end up with shit points. If he was a good NCO he'd make you write one, he'd write one, then trade at the counseling and collaboratively make one.

Ah. Yea I transfered from the Marine Reserves so I'm used to pro and cons being done entirely by my leadership, then being counciled on what I did or didn't do well that year. Not the other way around lol. This will be interesting then because I only kept loose records of what we've done this year, and have never been one to keep track of personal achievements or toot my own horn..

>From process start to finish which branch am I likely to commission in sooner?
Navy, the bigger the branch the easier, but if you want to fly join the AF

350F here.

Forget about going intel as AF, unless youre gonna pursue OSI, which even then is not likely to happen. I say this because last week I did the footwork for a friends kid who wanted to go AF intel(none of the recruiters were responding to phone or email), and after calling AD, ANG, and reserves, to recruiters and unit commanders(had to rank and job title drop to even talk to most of these people), and they all said the same shit, there are zero intel officer positions for straight off the street people. The only ones they are taking are medical, legal, and chaplain.

Jesus fucking christ AKO is the worst failed abortion like what the actual fuck is this shit? Are you supposed to actually be able to find anything on here? And naturally AKO classic isn't fucking working. holy shit.

Normal? Depends on your NCO. Some do it because they are lazy. Some do it as a way for you to be critical on yourself. And some do it because they honestly have no idea what you accomplished in the period or are trying to add to what they did catch

AKO classic has been taken down permanently for the abortion that is the new one. Got to make it hip to keep with the times and less functional for more govt contracts down the line.

>he still uses boot bands
*laughing servicewomen*

Ok so i went to MEPS and swore in then later they found out about an arrest that never got any charges and a camping ticket from years ago. Do i lose my job? Are they sending me to gitmo?

>Do i lose my job?
no but it will slow down the process to joining

>Are they sending me to gitmo?
Is this camping ticket in ghazni?

>350F
Are you reserves or NG? I've been thinking joining my states (texas) ANG or NG. But some of my active friends are saying that NG and reserves are bad. Also should I commission or enlist? I'm working on my bachelors in aviation.

All I want is my ERB and I can't find it on this halfbaked shit site. I got my career path thing, but it doesn't have practically any of my information. Jesus this makes MOL look like a fucking cake walk.

Select “Human Resources “ in the I am looking for block
Scroll till you find “my erb “

If that doesn’t work, go to minuteman.ngb.mil if it wants to load.

Last case is contact your admin guy who should have access to DPRO/eMilpo if the system isn’t down again

Scratch that minuteman link. Go to
Https://arngg1.ngb.army.mil / self service / careercenter / home.aspx
Remove the spaces

And scrolling all the way to the bottom of the new ako gives you the option to access ako classic

Yeah the closest I'm getting is an error after hitting "My Record Brief" stating "An error was experienced that could not be recovered from." I'll just have to call admin later today. Thanks for the help famalam

Chances are if it’s down for you it’ll be down for them. Good luck though

Speaking of ERB my shit hasn't updated in months, apparently some servers are fucked in DC. Thanks Army.

Attached: 50618302_134000024291786_1188885504961863269_n.jpg (750x599, 74K)

I remember thinking MOL was shit. Of all the things to be less shit than the Army, a website was not one of them lol. I'm still mad I can't do my EPHA's at home anymore too, just to rub salt into the wound.

It’s a fact. SMMS went down probably early to mid October with a giant fuck you. The original thought was that it would be up by December, then mid December, now maybe by mid week. It’s got most of its functionality back though

I'm guessing the shutdown isn't helping get it back up much.

It was being fixed before the shutdown. It’s probably got some unfunded workers fixing it if not green suiters.

>can't do my EPHA's at home
or get on Tour of Duty or ATRRS, like fuck the Guard and Reserves right?

Why would it slow things down if it doesnt disqualify or need a waiver?

Same with the PX not letting us order uniform items. Like let me get this right? The soldiers/Marines who need to mail order uniform items the most. Can't order uniform items...

Recruiter and the goons at MEPS still have to send it up to whoever decides whether you need a waiver or not, even if everyone knows you don't. Also if you were going to get a clearance there will be additional issues, probably going to need a statement from you or a new SF86.

Once I’m done with A school should I try to get sea duty done away with or just go straight to shore? I’m thinking the former. Going in as Corpsman btw.

How old is too old to join? I'm 25 now and could probably get in shape in a year. Is 26 too old to join infantry?

Why not greenside?
I turned 26 in OSUT, we had about 20 dudes older than me, you’re good to go. Just try to go in the winter and avoid the recent high school grads.

Anyone have any experience taking SARMS in the military? Will it show up on tests?

Y tho

>Is 26 too old to join infantry?
Physically, no. You'll probably be better off, actually, since men hit their physical prime in their mid 20s.
In terms of maturity, you'll be better off too, since you've been around longer, you've seen some shit, and you can probably handle being barked-at better than some 18-year old who's away from Mama for the first time.
The downside will be when you try to relate to your fellow soldiers. You're going to be about 7 years older than them and you'll be shocked at how immature and silly they are.

That complaint that soldiers have "I wish they would treat us like adults" rings hollow when you realize that the bulk of soldiers AREN'T adults.

I enlisted at 23 after college (grades weren't good enough for OCS) and I had to do a lot of adjusting. My age-group peers were already sergeants. I was lumped-in with kids who were experiencing independence for the first time.

Of course, on the plus side, I got lots of leadership opportunities since 18 year olds are still in the "Do what the older boys tell you" mindset.

I’ve figured out what I want to do /meg/
>Be me 18 years old, about to graduate high school in a three months
>Already accepted to college I want
>Use National Guard to pay for college, and MOS 68W to get that EMT cert.
>Get hired as EMT after college
>Find a way into Med school
Best plan I got. Poor ass family can’t handle college payments (I’m the first one to go in years)
Critique my plan please.

Solid, you’ll be an EMT-B after AIT and can probably get hired on at a local ambulance company or as an ER tech with just that. Paramedic is only a two year community college deal anyway if that’s what your planning on.
>med school
Honestly, no memes, try to get into West Point while you’re young. You can still do Guard and 68W, then find a one year prep program to figure out college, or apply to the Army’s prep program. Everything is paid for and you’re set up to go to DoD med school if you have a brain, and that’s also free and you come out the other end as an O-3, right when all the peers in the Academy class pick up Captain, so no real lost time.
>28/29 year old Captain user, MD
Be a goddamn pussyslayer.

Calm down.
Think about how you did in high school before even considering west point. Your plan sounds fine but make sure guard will cover it all and also make sure you can pay for med school
map this out on paper and it should help identify any hurdles

Hey /meg/, I was wondering how guaranteed it is to get the job you actually want in the Army assuming your ASVAB is high enough and you can get the security clearance if necessary. I want to go 31b but I don't want to get fucked out of it and end up being a cook or some shit.

Attached: 1544490968314.jpg (750x749, 152K)

You literally sign a contract for the job you want in the army. Just read the papers

almost certain. just make sure everything in your contract is exactly as you want it. the only thing you could fuck up is if they dont have the MOS slot at MEPS and you pick another one. If this happens just walk out and wait for your MOS to be available.

also, 31B is a shitty job and you should reconsider your choice. You'll be a mall cop for the Army and hate your life standing out in the sun all day. no one likes MPs too so youll be treated like shit

I'm really in a bad state in my life right now I think.
>Was 25B, in Natty Guard
>Got out in '15 due to PT
>I failed my first record in 2014, just got lazy
>From March 2014 to February 2015 I had a personal trainer and everything, ran my ass off all the time
>Fucking failed the record PT test by 10 seconds still
>Legs got tired on the last lap, could hardly move them, cardio was fine
>Barred from reenlistment due to PT

After that record fail, I was just so heart broken. I was set for WOCS and everything. I'm still working the same job I did, quit running for awhile, and have been back to running for about 4 months.

Part of me wants to get back in the military, be it guard, active, or reserve. I'm a much more mature, better person now than I was then. I took a mock record PT test, and I was able to just barely pass. I'm not a fat body, I weigh about 185 now, but in 2015 I weighed 165. Seems like when I do situps I wear my legs out tremendously.

What would be my setbacks going in as prior enlisted, via AD or NG?

Probably not. They now have a massive backlog to work through. A mountain of paperwork can be worked through with the right amount of effort (not going to happen), and if the rumors are true of a 21 day ultimatum before the second shutdown, there will be paperwork to the moon, and there is no working through that.

>31B
don't do this you don't want this

Also I've considered other branches as well, perhaps AF or Navy instead of Army...

im 5'9 and 189 pounds. am i too fat to join the air force?

I had a seizure last October. Was planning on Navy OCS for aviation after college (senior right now, have grades/physical.) Am I pretty much fucked? I'm not epileptic or anything, it was a one of thing due to no sleep for 45+ hours, no food and smoking cigs.

I'm guessing I could lie about this shit if I just wanted to be a boot, but I figure the aviation board will be able to get a hold of my medical records.

you're just over, loose 3 and you'll be at max, loose 20 and you'll be fine

Is it just the Army that makes it suck ass or does it suck in every other branch as well?

its all branches, if you want to do LE in the mill go 35 or 25 series then get a degree and go 31D

MP is terrible in every branch, but is probably the worst in the AF. The best is probably the Marines because you can at least say you were a Marine after.

It's just standing around in the sun, or checking IDs at the gate, or breaking up drunken brawls in the barracks. It's not a good time. Why are you interested in 31B?

will they still let me in? i cant lose weight

no nigger
>i cant
better have a medical excuse for that

>Seems like when I do situps I wear my legs out tremendously.
Sounds like bad form causing damage and wearing you out. General guideline is to work bottom up. Find out if you have some sort of foot problem, from flat feet (your arches hurt) to plantar fasciitis (bottom of my heels hurt oh god please help). If your feet hurt and you compensate, it'll mess up everything above the ankles up to the lower back. Lots of chronic injuries are made this way.

First problem can be solved with tennis balls on the arches and orthotics, stand on them from time to time and roll the arches. Second one needs some medical assistance.

Losing weight is oftentimes what helps ease the pain. Connective tissues bear about half of the impulse of activity. Your weight only acts as a multiplier of force even if everything stays constant. Chances are good if you've failed PT from being a fatass, your feet are weak from a muscular and connective tissue standpoint. It has to be built back up.

>Why are you interested in 31B?
I want to do something LE related or high-end-ish security once I get out, just using the military as a way to gain experience and to move out of the Midwest really.

>I want to do something LE related or high-end-ish security once I get out
PD's dont hire people because they were prior MPs, in fact they avoid it because MPs learned a completely different set of rules and laws in the UCMJ that doesnt transfer well to civilian laws.

I had a personal trainer, I didn't have bad form, and back then I was really skinny. My thighs would just work to muscle failure. When I got back into running I just timed myself to see if I could even run a mile. I was able to run a mile in 8:30. I tried to run back and ran out of gas about 1/8th of a mile into it.

I don't have foot pain, I don't have joint pain. My thigh muscles just quit.

>tfw ship out to boot tomorrow
Wonder what dental battalions are like. Heard Navy dental personnel have a rather sweet thing going.

Attached: B97A5793-E043-481B-91AA-F3D7AE010BFD.png (671x665, 245K)

>will they still let me in? i cant lose weight
This is bullshit. No matter where you go, you will eat fat bowls of shit if you cannot shape up. Go to your local YMCA, get a membership for $6 a month. Bring at least 750mL of water with you, this will last you about an hour. You will run a 12 minute mile (slightly faster than walking) pace for 3.2 miles, and work your way down to 8 minute miles and below. Do not stop moving even if you have to ditch the machine for a few minutes. Five times a week.

Eat less as well. No eating out. Eat more fiber, drink more water. Stay on top of your electrolyte intake, and have a multivitamin.

Need to strengthen your hip flexors, do flutter kicks and the good girl/bad girl machines.

This. If you wipe out just over a mile and it's not due to foot and leg problems, you'll need to bulk up a little.

Reserves CW3, and also a gs12 security manager for army. Was a 35p/n/f e6 when i was AD.

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to go aviation, depends on what you want to fly. If helos, go WOFT without hesitation. AF is a bitch to join period, so skip that unless you really really want to fly something specific. I have heard nothing wrong with navy or army officer pilots.

Dumb as fuck

Dont go 68w if thats your plan. Go 68C if anything.

31b is only good if youre not doing it for LEO reasons.

>25 series for LEO

Stop giving advice if you dont know wtf youre talking about.

Cont

Fyi, once you get the degree, you can go to the military medical school for free if you have the requirements for most medical schools down.

My recommendation is navy for doctor. Air force got lower medical ratings than army the past 5 years, and got their funding cut, so there is a 30% reduction in force happening this coming fiscal year, meaning less medical spots for recruitment, and less advancement.

>I just briefed a medical group command on the proposed budgets and cuts 2 months ago.

Good luck my man, remember to wear good socks and don't be scared to wear two pairs. Your feet will thank you.

Any advice on which MOS to look at if LE is my end goal?

Anything but MP. CBRN isn't a bad route I wouldn't think.

You the HMDA from a few threads ago?

Thanks fren, I know that boots and uncovered feet do not go well in the slightest, saw enough threads here to learn that. Just want to get this over with and head off to San Antonio, try to get some good C schools and whatnot. That I would be.

Regardless, I'm confident by fall I'll be able to pass PT. My other questions were more pertaining to going to other branches or into Active Duty Army. Has much changed since 2015? The recruiter I spoke with was very generic with his answers. Do you lose rank going back in? I got out as an E4.

What did the reply originally say?

which MOS lets me be the guy on webSDR that sends cryptic messages that makes the schizos on Jow Forums think WW3 is starting?

Not necessary. Just start shitposting as Q or on /ptg/ and if it appears to fit in with the current context of current events, you'll get them to freak out for a week.

You'll be fine, tooth fairy. You've done so much research and prepped so much that, in all honesty, you're probably going to be a little underwhelmed at the stress level you'll get.

You're on the way to having a sweet job and a nice path laid-out for your future. One can't ask for more.

Just don't fuck it up by doing something stupid like getting wasted.

Attached: robotjox.webm (720x384, 1.14M)

Should I go into AFROTC?

Attached: 0A5D3E5F-30E4-466E-A83A-8F8BEFB99C0D.jpg (750x571, 279K)

Thanks user, I am feeling pretty pumped for it all. Just gotta embrace the suck and take the crookeds with the straights. Dunno where I’ll end up at, but I’m gonna make the best of it regardless.

And remember to floss after you brush :^)

You pretty much already know the answer

I heard people go for multiple enlistments without passing E4, and they do it intentionally. Why would someone do this? What's the benefit of it? It seems like you'd be losing out on money and time.

Yes

Anyone here actually lie about their medical records? They can only see arrest and court records right? I’m kinda nervous

Attached: 99850741-209A-4E27-A6D5-6544B95F808B.jpg (750x1334, 135K)

Like a enlistment max before they tell you to fuck off. There's no real benefit to it, it's shirking responsibility is all. Comfy rank but it's not a spot to stay

Because of the friends, and the benefits, and just in case a war starts

I did.

3* not a

so it's like a way to stay young in the military? like turning off experience gain in real life to stay a certain level?

What was it? A little injury?

It's being lazy and I've never personally seen it. You have to be pretty shit for it to happen. By design, but still shit.
Asthma as a kid

i am autistic and i will get in just fine. yes you can and should lie

I did

anyone know which MOS's can help me become a park ranger? preferably in one of the higher positions so i dont have to live off mcdonalds pay

Anyone had Tricare and lied about medical history successfully?

i think any job will get you a spot as a park ranger, but for manager jobs you'll want to be an officer or at least an NCO

Would the military allow me to enlist if I have severe allergies to insect venom like bees, wasps, and ants?
I have to carry an epipen

you can lie about it and get your epipen when you get out of basic. just dont get stung until then