This is the new Resident Evil 2 game

This is the new Resident Evil 2 game.
Please say something nice about its gunplay.

Attached: 1548664299027.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJcp0dkF86I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> lol 9mm

This embarrassing shit is literally the blunder of the decade. How can GenZ 's fags eat and hype this kind of trash to heavens?

That dude is absolutely playing on Hardcore mode. I just finished Leon's story last night and most headshots I had to make in the entire game was 5 on standard difficulty. Average was 3, occasionally 1. This is with the starter pistol. Shotgun is usually a 1 hitter head exploder and they don't get back up.

Multiple headshots needing to kill standard enemies has been around since RE4, some of the plagas took more than 10 on higher difficulties. It's nothing new. The game is actually pretty fun.

>Resident Evil
>in 2019
No, just no. Resident Evil was a great concept for the 90s given the hardware of the time but today this shit just doesn't fly.

You weren't killing them dead. If you wait around they'll get up. Usually you have to explode their heads which can take anywhere from 6 to 10 shots.

>go on steam
>re2 remake
>overwhelmingly positive reviews

You seem to be in the minority.

Why

Sometimes their head explodes with one 9mm shot. It's random.

I finished Leon A last night and it never happened for me, so I am calling bullshit.

this

speedrunners won't be killing every last zombie unless the level design mandates all zombies being dead for progression to happen
hardest difficulty of re4 and 5 did not involve you killing every single zombie with guns, you'd be out of ammo and wasting your time running circles around the map trying to cheese the encounters

there is a stun and melee finisher system that kills zombies and gives you iframes, you're supposed to pop kneecaps and abuse melee finishers. it's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be tedious and difficult

It does happen, also there's adaptive difficulty so the number of headshots may vary depending on playstyle

Nice thread

Attached: this is on hardcore too.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

>4 wasnt one of the last objectively good videogames to be sold, period

18 to post on Jow Forums etc

>trusting online reviews
Give me a break.

Because today we can do much better games. Resident Evil was made the way it was due to hardware limitations. Not a problem during the 90s, good idea during the 90s but we can do better now.

You realize they remade it, right?

>not trusting what are exclusively user reviews

Play it again because it happened I think 3 times in my playthrough. Each time was a total surprise, which made them memorable. You get to a certain point where you realize running past what you can is better in the long run. I started playing defensively because you run out of ammo pretty quickly. I just killed what I had to near the end.

>thump thump Thump THump THUmp THUMp THUMP THUMP

Mr.x is coming for you, what gun are you going to defend yourself with?

Attached: resident_evil_2_mr_x-2.jpg (3840x2160, 369K)

I am starting Claire B tonight. I remember some would fall after one shot but would get up soon after.

It’s shit and only Zoomer babies like it

Plagas =/= zombies. The parasites are the weakspot, not the host's body parts.
Previuos games already established zombies going down with one shot to the head, with RE2's opening cinematic showing Leon twice taking down a zombie with a single 9mm blast.

>The game is actually pretty fun.
Nah, it's streamlined and boring as fuck.

PKM with belt fed box

None. I take him to a larger room and juke him. Preferable do a couple laps around the main hall. Stairs really slow him down.

I got an achievement for blowing hit hat off with a frag grenade. He barely slowed down. I never fired another shot at him after that, I just ran and cried.

If their head pops, they don't get back up. 12ga will usually take care of them if you stuff the barrel in their face.

I missed out on a lot of guns in my first playthrough. I know there's a Browning Hi Power I didn't get, a Deagle, a S&W model 36 with a shrouded hammer, and a USP. I know there's more than that.

This is a remake of 2, dummy. The continuity has been changed, so now any umbrella virus zombie takes multiple headshots. 4, 5, 6, and 7 had this.

Have you even played it? Post proof, cause It's better than you think.

>"Hurr durr only headshots work to kill zombies bro. Because their blood magically pumps trough their body and they dont need kneecaps to move brooo "
how the fuck did that hole idea of zombies being able to magically move even if their head is the only thing intact on their body

Attached: 47502925_1971911146233807_401788499709132800_n.jpg (589x571, 28K)

Some guns are character specific. Theres a minigun, and a thompson too

I had a chemical flamethrower in the last couple of hours.
Protip: use your fuel wisely

>another retarded jap game developed by people who have never shot a gun

Attached: disappepe2.jpg (903x864, 97K)

Zombies aren't really reanimated dead, it's a disease that causes necrosis and makes them mad and strong

>Love using the shotgun, waiting til the last possible moment to shoot to garantee a 1 hit kill
> Horde shotgun ammo for the most of the game
> Save up in case I need it later
> Even become reluctant to use it against bosses and minibosses
>Ultimately finish the game with more than 40 shotgun rounds in my inventory

It's like the idea of having ammo is more important to me than actually using it to kill things

>I don't like fun

I used the 870 so much that I rarely ever had a full tube of shells in it. I had the 20in barrel and 8-shot mag tube installed, and got a stock later. It looked a lot like the Wingmaster I have sitting in my closet.
Flame fuel, though... there's a section where certain enemies can only be put down permanently with fire, and since toi have to run through that area a few times for like 15 mins the best thing you can do for yourself is to BBQ those things and make sure they don't get back up. The fuel is very scarce.

>watching that desperate retard that likes to jerk off on stream

Here is your zambie clearing tool

Attached: 30115396_1.jpg (1800x1350, 282K)

>implying any western dev has ever gotten guns in a video game right

You know, I dont want to be "that guy", but we literally have 2 other video game threads up right now

I was just about to post this. Most US devs can't even animate a 1911 that actually fires in single action, and all they have to do to get a working model is go down the street to buy one. It's a constant embarrassment. Canada's Ubisoft makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Rainbow Six Siege is a fucking travesty of gun design. Easily the laziest shit I've seen in over a decade.

Jow Forums is barely a weapons board. Between the /vg/ threads, the fantasy threads, /ak/ threads, /x/ threads, it's just noguns living vicariously through media or actual hasguns.

Attached: 1547616079509.jpg (1130x768, 405K)

Killing floor 2 is pretty gud i think

I like the whole flashlight stye. Going from fbi searching to harrys postion for aiming was great. Overall the game seems pretty Kommando when it. Comes down to it.

There is plenty of fuel in the game though, was able to use it to kill every plant zombie and even a few lickers on my 3rd return to the police station. By the final boss I still had 366 fuel

Is it much of a surprise when pretty much every thread actually related to guns is shitposted to oblivion by Jow Forumsfags?

>never got the browning hi-power
Holy shit, you fucking missed out on an almost blatently overpowered gun.

Is it avauliliable for Leon? If so, how did you get it? I saw the LT pointing one at me but I couldn't find it... later.

>avauliliable
I don't know what the fuck my phone is going through, but thought and prayers pls.

>This is a remake of 2, dummy. The continuity has been changed
Nothing has been changed.
Just like REmake 1 back in the days, it is just meant to re-imagine the original, keeping to the roots. The only reason the enemies in this one are fucking damage-sponge terminators is because the lazy hack of a devs couldn't figure out any other way to balance out their OP gameplay changes.

>Zombies aren't really reanimated dead
wrong. Several times in the series, literal dead rise from their fucking graves.

>implying any western dev has ever gotten guns in a video game right
>what is Doom
>what is BLOOD
>what is Killing Floor, STALKER, FEAR ...

>Is it avauliliable for Leon?
No.

No, it's a Claire thing, she gets it from a squad car

>Nothing has been changed.
Confirmed for not having played it. Not reading the rest of your shit post, faggot.

>wrong. Several times in the series, literal dead rise from their fucking graves.
Then you missed the part in this remake where they specifically say the virus just causes necrosis and makes the infected angry and strong

STALKER is full of mirrored guns, dude. None of those animations even look right until you mod it drastically. Doom isn't even realistic.

HOW... THE FUCK IS IT ....THAT THIS THREAD.... IS STILL UP
-
BUT WHEN I MAKE A THREAD ABOUT DEMOCRATS AND TRYING TO TAKE MY GUN RIGHTS
-
AND POST LINKS, VIDEOS, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION SO THAT ANONS CAN
-
JOIN IN WITH ME TO PROTEST FOR OUR COLLECTIVE RIGHTS - THE WORTHLESS
-
MODS/JANITORS ON THIS FUCKING BOARD COME ALONG AND NUKE TH THREAD????????
-
-
-
THIS PLACE IS BROKE
AND I'LL BUMP THIS THREAD
JUST TO FUCKING CONTRAST
WHAT I AM SAYING

Stop posting in every cocksuckfucking thread you autistic fucking asshole. You're worse than Jow Forums.

This new pasta is great, it ignores the first two pinned posts of the board and guarantees replies

That's totally off the point, bro. All of them have satisfying as fuck gunplay, and STALKER goes extra mile to simulate various ballistic features.

Cope.

>Cope.
It must be fun being this retarded

There's no reason for realistic bullet travel in RE2. Furthest shot I took in the whole game was maybe 20ft. The gunplay IS satisfying, so it's clear to me you haven't played it and don't know why we and the vast majority of people are liking it right now.

flashbang and run

youtube.com/watch?v=JJcp0dkF86I

Why are you being so salty?
It's a video game. Not exactly good one, but still.

>There's no reason for realistic bullet travel in RE2.
It would make the gameplay instantly better. Even more so if they'd also add some proper recoil and aim-sway to the game, and remove the player's capability of moving and shooting at the same time.

>The gunplay IS satisfying,
But it's not. It's the whole reason threads like this keep popping up every other minute now, and why the most fanatical shills try to provide all sorts of excuses why it's a good thing that it's so bad.

>it's clear to me you haven't played it
That's the typical go-to argument to everything for you zoomer bois nowadays, isn't it?
Sorry to ruin your fun, but I beat Claire A on HC at 4:55. Really don't feel like going back to it anymore, while I still replay original RE2 once every couple years or so.

>I beat Claire A on HC at 4:55
I don't believe you.

>but I beat Claire A on HC at 4:55.
post a screen shot baby

>No, just no
People still say this in 2019?

>Why are you being so salty?
I'm not, I'm just point out that you're retarded. You're criticizing a game for points that prove you've never played it while pretending that you have.

Nigger detected

>It would make the gameplay instantly better
how. Game has a at most a handful of places where bullet simulation would result in any variance in gameplay.

>remove the player's capability of moving and shooting at the same time.
This worked in RE4. Doesn't mean it will work in every game, or that it's the only way to make an RE game. Frankly speaking I find it fucking annoying in a way that feels like the game is gimped, not in one that makes the game scary or tense. Would much have a greatly reduced movement speed, which is still claustrophobic, but allows for repositioning and slight movements, both of which become massive annoyances in RE4 and 5.

>It's the whole reason threads like this keep popping up every other minute now
that's because Jow Forums is autistic and spergs out over any game where guns aren't depicted exactly the way they want them to be, AKA red orchestra. RE has never been about realism

>It would make the gameplay instantly better.
Why
>But it's not
Why
>but I beat Claire A on HC at 4:55
That's bullshit lmao 9/10 I replied

>>Really don't feel like going back to it anymore
>not playing B scenario where things from 1st run effect run 2
>not playing until you fight birkin's final form
>not playing HUNK story
Wew, you cucked yourself out of money

I finished Leon A last night. Should I do Leon B or Claire A now?

>You're criticizing a game for points that prove you've never played it while pretending that you have.
...such as?

>how.
It would remove this kind of embarrassing bullshit, and make shooting things that tiny inch more challenging.
You wouldn't even need actual physics, but even RE4 had projectiles leaving out of the barrel.

>Doesn't mean it will work in every game
It would work perfectly in a survival-horror game, as it makes engaging enemies a voluntary risk you're willing to take. It also forces you to think of your environment, where and when to engage and how to move if nasties are closing in on you.

> both of which become massive annoyances in RE4 and 5.
Nah, you're just ADHD as fuck casual.

>that's because Jow Forums is autistic and spergs out over any game where guns aren't depicted exactly the way they want them to be,
this is not Jow Forums. And all classic RE games were still sort-of based on reality, as in a human skull could not just bounce off a dozen 9mm hollow points at point-blank range.

>not playing B scenario where things from 1st run effect run 2
From what I've seen and heard, they barely do in 2019. The whole Zapping feature is practically removed. Such wasted potential; they could've expanded upon that so much.

Attached: re2 upwards shotgun.webm (1280x726, 2.53M)

>announcing report

Good gameplay doesn't age, faglord.

>It would remove this kind of embarrassing bullshit

as would properly syncing what during what animations weapon firing is disabled, or just using a hitscan system that's tied to the barrel of the weapon rather than as an independent event. As you said, was done in previous games, does not require a projectile system

>make shooting things that tiny inch more challenging
In a handful of situations, sure. Wasn't a focus of the dev team, doesn't really need to be either given how little it would affect the game. Always nice to see but it's a lot of workload for very little return. The "embarassing bullshit" you brought up isn't tied to a projectile modeling system.

>Nah, you're just ADHD as fuck casual.
here's your (you) but nah. I play a lot of slow as fuck games, I like playing careful and patient, and I like impeding player movement as a mechanic but don't like it requiring the player to completely freeze as it feels like a bullshit copout in the post RE4 era. Feels dated, and not in a good way.

>this is not Jow Forums
bruh

> all classic RE games were still sort-of based on reality
This is a fucking tenuous argument at best given that

>a dozen 9mm hollow points at point-blank range.
minus all the BOWs which could, you know, take all that and more, because we're talking about a series with zombies and a virus that handwaves reality away.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking the game mind you. Movement aside I share a lot of the same sentiments. To me NMRIH hardcore realism is about the peak of zombie mechanics, hitscans aside. I'm saying your arguments for why the remake is bad are entirely subjective- which is totally fine- but they're not objective, and they're sure as fuck not universal or applicable to everyone.

I know a guy who worked for Ubisoft Montreal as a consultant and even helped him shoot videos on how things like DA/SA pistols work. We used my 1911 to demonstrate how a single action only pistol works. The only thing they ended up getting right was the colour scheme of my 1911 (Norinco sport model two tone. Black slide and matte chromium coated frame.) Literally been in every ubisoft game since. I was genuinely surprised they managed to match that after seeing their idea of how DA/SA works.
Idiots literally have a video tailored to noguns, in slow detail explaining how simple mechanics work, they still fuck it up.
Frankly, neither US or Canadian devs can seem to get it right, even with tailored reference materials and trips to ranges. (Easier in the US perhaps, but hardly out of reach in Canada).
There's a reason some people go into vidya development. Can you imagine these people running a CNC machine? You'd ask them to mill stock down by a couple thou, and they'd probably take 1 inch bar stock and machine it down to .2000
>That's what u said!

They don't want to invest the time or money into the accuracy because they don't see the benefit to their bottom line.

It would be nice if they could see that at least having something function properly is better than not having it work at all.

*motor jams*

Its not that they didn't understand, its that all those nit picky little things people like us would enjoy are 100% unnoticeable by the general masses. Why spend all this time and money on making every gun be exactly like real life if none of that will matter in a video game where soft stats are going to be constantly moved around to create a perceived balance.

Having actually used one of these to clear thick brush and jokingly cut down larger tree trunks than its ever made for. What a fucking hassle that would be to use against a zombie person.

Just something as stupid as an ejection port on the wrong side, or loading shells I to a pump action shotgun through the side, or a 1911/Hi Power firing with it's hammer down, or a regular M16 flash hider being 3x it's normal size, or pulling on a forward assist of an M4 instead of the charging handle. Just basic shit that takes the exact same amount t of time to animate, but just all fucking wrong. It's the same amount of man hours but it's clearly being done by someone who doesn't give a fuck at all.

>all classic RE games were still sort-of based on reality
you're fucking retarded

Its just a video game you sperglords

Attached: 1536176736215m.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

Same here, i always finish with hoarded ammo in these games. Same for stuff like fallout, i have crates full of ammo and repair supplies i never draw from. It just feels good to know you have it and can unleash a LOT of firepower

You don't belong here. Git.

I bet you're a noguns faggot
Sperging about guns in a video game is the height of retardation

Attached: 1536344191952.jpg (500x377, 15K)

>implying

Attached: 515827-mr_kojima_mgs4_training.jpg (640x456, 119K)

>...such as?
Everything you've said. Also this:
>From what I've seen and heard
You haven't played it, so go play it or shut up.

Have they not seen the webm of that spics head getting blasted into mush?

That zombie specifically has more health, he's effectively a miniboss.

Not based and baitpilled.

>The fuel is very scarce.
You should have gone back to the police station.

>Tfw Capcom makes the ultimate incel that relentlessly fists Claire into an orgasm filled death
God, that made my dick fucking hard as shit, is that normal?

>The fuel is very scarce.
See
There is a ton of fuel.
Same here, I haven't decided myself yet. I'll probably do Claire

>Please say something nice about its gunplay.
It's over 100000000000x better than the original. The combination of "cinematically" placed fixed camera angles and tank turret controls made the originals a living hell. The over the shoulder 3rd person perspective and actual aiming reticle are huge improvements and generally workable
>why grey man no die
Its supposed to be survival horror, not a shoot em up. That's literally a walking corpse, it manages to stay ambulatory and functioning despite having no circulatory system or oxygenation of the brain in complete defiance of typical human physiology. Exactly how this process, or the T-virus in general, works isn't clear. For all we know they only need a brain stem and a few chunks of grey matter left connected to it to do their thing. Shooting them repeatedly in the face/jaw isn't exactly the most reliable way to complete disrupt something like that. also, it's a fucking game.

Western devs barely get guns right either. Treyarch actually went out and recorded live-fire of all the different guns for Call of Duty World at War, and the balance of the guns is still fucky in multiplayer with the MP-40 being as powerful as any of the bolt-action rifles or M1 Garand, and the PTRS-41 being a sniper rifle. Resident Evil is a fantasy/horror/suspense series, so of course they are going to take liberties with the durability of the NPCs.

Attached: 6615771.png (1200x1042, 247K)

Attached: nuke launcher.jpg (431x342, 17K)

Killing Floor 2 devs are haveguns tho.

This game looks fantastic. Feels bad having a shit computer and no money to buy a decent computer.

I always thought Mr.X was a nigger.It explains why he only chases the ehite woman instead of the white dude

he chases both them

The first three Resident Evil games - 2 in particular - were largely responsible for my interest in guns as a kid. This remake looks surprisingly true to the spirit of the original, can't wait to try it. Shame they had to use fake names for the guns this time though, but it's a small gripe.