Thoughts on Negant Revolver?

I don't own one and I'm not old enough yet but I like revolvers a lot and the negant seems pretty unique, got any owners on?

Attached: Nagant_Revolver.jpg (2270x1473, 450K)

You must be 18 or older to post here.

Well damn I outed myself, carry on I guess

It's shit, maybe even worse than the Reichsrevolver.

Yeah gate loaded sucks but isn't it dead accurate? Heavy trigger ignored of course.

The coolest part about the nagant imo is that the cylinder is forced forward as the trigger is pulled to create a gas seal with the chamber meaning you can effectively suppress a nagant.

but it's 21 senpai

Just remember if you need cheaper ammo, I heard 32 s&w is safe to use with it, as it is the same caliber with less power

Mine keyholes at 15 yards

>UNCIRCUMCISED BULLETS

Attached: Nagant_Carbine.jpg (720x540, 50K)

Attached: Nagant_Carbine_2.jpg (720x540, 38K)

I can say they are fairly accurate if you can keep your hand still enough. honestly as far as a gun goes it fucking sucks. But that doesn't stop me from absolutely loving it. It is one of my favorites.

This isnt a video game. No its not dead accurate

Old revolver sights aren't even very good.
Mechanical accuracy doesn't mean as much if you can't aim.

To buy, not to own. You can always get a "gift" from a family member.

I'm upset I sold my nagant revolver because I wanted to do this to it. Probably not so over the top with the forearm/barrel though.

Hah I did that when I was 14

its a piece of shit

This, also, some are in 32 h&r mag if you want something slightly cheaper.

I was very tempted to buy one for $245. It’s still there and I might go back for it. However I found an lcp for 170

>Worse than the Reichsrevolver
Short of a Liberator, I cannot believe there is a worse gun than the Reichsrevolver.

It's an interesting but terrible gun. If you want to actually fire a gate-loading revolver you can probably get a used Ruger Blackhawk for $350.

What's wrong with it exactly? Shoddy worksmanship? Prone to failures? From what I've been reading it was in service for quite some time for the red army until the TT-33 replaced it mid-WWII

Two things. The basic design is that of a cheap Belgian revolver from the 1890s, the kind that are $50 gun show specials when they're not used by the USSR. It's super slow to load and unload, and the trigger is awful. Ammo is expensive and not very powerful. Second thing is the manufacturing quality is poor so it exacerbates the grittiness of the mechanism.

An SAA-type revolver is a much better gate-loader. Or if you just want a cheap DA revolver you can get many modern S&W/Ruger/etc models for $300-400 that are lightyears better.

Maybe I just got lucky but when I shoot mine single action, the trigger is a tiny bit heavy but rather crisp. The double action feels like I'm peddling a bike with my finger.

That being said, It's kind of poop. You can see the bullets coming out of the barrel which I find kind of neat. It's not very loud, either. I shoot raccoons and shit without earpro with mine.

Worksmanship is okay, no noticable issues on mine. Double action is atrocious. Ammo is easier to find than I expected. Painful to reload. Cool for the memes but unless you're a slavaboo, just buy something else. Lots of way cooler and more functional surplus pistols for a similar price.

I'm rather intruged by that carbine. I'm guessing it's a chopped M44 or something?

good
>

bad
>40lb single trigger pull
>225lb double action trigger
>and that's if it doesn't get gummed up and need manual cocking
>rear sight is made with two single passes of a nail file
>6" groups at 25 yards clamped in a vice (that i tested on two different hand nuggets that had no barrel wear/damage)
>loading gate is annoying
>ejector rod is manual and really stiff to use

that's like saying "nagants are really accurate if you ignore the low quality trigger, rough and unzeroed sights, low quality inconsistent ammo, non floated barrel, and nonconcentric bore"

>ejector rod is manual and really stiff to use
Mine is so stuck I feel like I'll break the gun if I try to use it.

It's a revolver that was produced primarily as a show piece and used mainly to execute dissidents and deserters. It's not a great gun but it is a certain kind of cool and fun to fuck around with.

My almost 100 year old c 96 with pretty much no rifling left is more accurate than my 1944 nagant revolver. Pic related.

Attached: Resized_20170212_121822.jpg (1328x747, 636K)

>to buy from an FFL
ftfy, bought my first handgun at 18 through a private sale and I bought ammo for it online

No, its that 32 h&r, 32s&w, and a few others can be fired with an original, though s&w I've heard does best
Shitty loading, infact bf1 thinks its faster to just replace the wheel entirely than reload it all
It also has a shitty double action, but that doesnt mean you cant just single action it
Its basically slavic colt single action army
A collector's, shit to reload, and used for novelty these days

It has a long trigger pull, no Abedy system and no spring on the ejection rod.
Also some got refurbished by a special kind of drunkard slave and mare the trigger pull long, heavy and shittier.

I wonder how much it would cost you to custom order a Nagant with an Abedy and a Spring on the ejction road. Also can any user confirm if the trigger pull is better on the single action variant or are they equal?

The cartridge (7.62x38R Nagant) is also rare, expensive, proprietary to the gun (even 7.62 Tokarev can also be used in shitty closed-bolt conversions of SMGs like the PPS-43, and the Czech CZ-52, and 9mm Makarov has the CZ-82, PA-63, and P-64 going for it), and the commercial loads are underpowered compared to the dried-up milsurp.

It was a great deal when you could get one for like $150 and a spam can for another $150, but that is no longer the case - as with much Eastern Bloc stuff and much other surplus.

Youre mom gay

In California the age to own pistols is 21

Hey guys. I want to answer a few of you but I'm no good at this computer shit. I own one of these and I like it. I got mine for 24 bucks when I had a C and R. It can shoot .32sw/long but the case is done after one shot and some brands of 32 Mag go in there but I haven't had the balls to try. (Should I?) You can find ammo now that popularity has grown. I have made good ammo from 32-20 and proper ammo from .223. Pretty accurate and the good but heavy trigger pull makes a better shooter of me. There are .32ACP conversion cylinders kicking around at gun shows. They are the ones with seven holes. I've only came to Jow Forums a couple times before so you can suck a dick or I'll be back around if ya'll got anything I can try and help you with. Hot shot (I think privy partisan) out of Serbia is also reloadable but that yellow box shit is berdan primed and I haven't figured how to make it worthwhile.