Never liked hunting, fine with eating meat but never wanted to kill a large animal myself (Even small)

>Never liked hunting, fine with eating meat but never wanted to kill a large animal myself (Even small)
>Go shooting with uncle
>Bring my Tikka T3X lite in 308, i wanted pure accuracy
>Uncle decides we are going hunting instead for deer
>Oh shit
>Tell him i don't want to kill animals
>Ignores it
>We get to the hunting area, after 3 hour drive
>Get all our equipment
>Hands shaking
>Walk out for about 50 minutes, and find a deer about 150 m away
>Uncle tells me it's mine, and that he wants to see how good my shot is
>We are Slavic so he will look down on me for not killing it
>Go into the prone position, and aim at the side of the head of the deer
>Was praying my gun blows up, or the bullet only grazes the animal and he runs off
>Took me around 10 seconds to man up to pull the trigger
>End up pulling it
>.308 goes flying, hits the deer right in the side of the skull killing it instantly
>Have tears down my eyes

Attached: d11567e291a88d9559242383990ad77d--internet-meme.jpg (236x285, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdKlubTRkk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don’t like hunting either user, I’d much rather we had predators that would take deer. Killing animals just feels wrong.

I don't like it, and still don't. Now i find it weird my rifle i loved target shooting with, has taken a life (Human or not).

Well aren’t you a sissy for not standing up to your uncle

Courage can be defined as holding steadfast to your convictions even in the face of decent

Apparently you are a coward

Pussy
>Don’t want to hunt
Ok, a little bit of S O Y, but not bad.
>Won’t stand up to uncle
Bitch. I’ve almost had to shoot my uncle. Man up, family ain’t shit beyond mom, dad, and brother/sister.

What's the big deal man? Eat the liver raw and cook the heart it's delicious. You finally became a man, proud of you user. Stop giving animals human characteristics, they are animals and they are food, either you eat them, another animal eats them, or they die and the microbes eat them. It gets easier the more you get hungry for them.

Attached: feels.png (976x548, 46K)

I hit a rabbit with my car on the way to work and it ruined my whole day. I saw him running from the side of the road and yelled "BUNNY NOOOO" as he ran straight in front of me and then the thud/crunch as I hit him. I'm sure this was the only option he felt he had left. If only one of his little bunny friends had noticed the signs. His little bunny wife and bunny kids probably heard about what happened later that day. I feel so bad.

>He feels things when he kills animals
>He didn't nail squirrels and small birds with rocks as a kid and give the corpses to stray dogs
>He didn't shoot birds in his backyard with a BB gun

I pity you.

Attached: hinasmug.png (812x653, 646K)

>he didn't kill animals so that scavengers can have a free meal on tough days
I mean, at the end of the day you're feeding something out there anyways. So I don't feel bad killing stray animals.

Mostly I was afraid of my parents catching me by noticing there was something up with all the dead birds in the garbage can, so I chucked them at places I knew strays passed by and live. The corpses and occasional twitchers usually didn't last longer than a day.

Cuck

>>We are Slavic so he will look down on me for not killing it

If you wanted to impress him you should of wounded it so it couldn't run and slit it's throat.

>okay with paying people to kill your food in torturous factory farms, not okay with harvesting your own free range organic meat
Retarded shit like this is how you know Slavs aren't white.

>doing something against your will because muh social pressure

Man up nigger. While I also consider hunting to be unpleasant at least I acknowledge that it's a good practical skill to have and everyone should do it at least once to learn some self sufficiency.

Hijacking thread for people who enjoy the taste of blood.

Attached: IMG_4285.jpg (3024x4032, 3.93M)

Check out that neck gurl

Attached: IMG_4291.jpg (3024x4032, 1.98M)

OP, I assume you still eat meat purchased from the store, so why do you have a problem with hunting an animal for food? I can understand if you might feel nervous doing it, but on principle, there's nothing wrong with it.

For the record, I love animals, and the last time I killed one was when I ran over a stupid bird that flew in front of my car. I looked back and saw it flapping around on the ground with broken wings. Felt bad about it.

Attached: 1541554527387.jpg (287x300, 28K)

Or the other option is to watch a loved family member crash their car hitting a deer on the highway

>itt OP is a huge pussy

.25-06 Might be light compared to other rounds, but it does a damn good job.

Attached: IMG_4306.jpg (4032x3024, 2.1M)

That animal had a cleaner death and happier life than every single other animal you have every single animal you've ever eaten.

I ONLY eat hunted meat.

Attached: 1547003004228.jpg (512x288, 118K)

Holy crap that tongue is incredible. I might have to rub salmon on my buttcrack next time I go in the woods.

>Own hunting rifle
>Use it to hunt
>Feel bad
Uh...

Attached: 1546880549105.jpg (540x706, 73K)

Nice humblebragging, OP. Next time, aim for the heart. Hitting a deer in the jaw is a risk you can't afford to take.

OP does this give you flashbacks?

Attached: boomheadshot.gif (320x180, 1.16M)

Unless you live in Asia you shouldn't worry too much. Sun bears are the only bears with this feature.

man up loser

We are at the top of the food chain. Quit being such a faggot

Probably healthier for doing it.
We raise our own eggs but can't hunt enough to meet all of our needs for protein.
Only got two deer this year.

Welcome to being a man.

>healthier
Lead disperses so far through the meat that you're guaranteed to eat it if you don't toss half the torso or headshot exclusively.

Yes, pretty much what it looked like with .308.

Attached: 1541055612877.png (772x730, 582K)

I eat a lot of plant matter but I'm actually pretty fat still lol I'm 6'2" at 250, all muscle is from labor and it's not much.

I just like ethics.

If you need more meat make an exception for farms you've personally visited (the only exception I really have), buy a cow half and deep freeze.

Humans have been harvesting animals since... man the fuck up you hypocritical coward if you love animals do what hitler did get rid of jews and muslims who slaughter their animals in the most torturous way

Source on this outrageous claim?

This. I do to a small degree feel bad for slicing open mice with my friend in his room as a kid, but I think I'm less squeamish for it. I think you build up a tolerance for killing, as horrible as that might sound. Now that you are an adult, you should have respect for life and thus kill appropriately (without unnecessary pain). But, having killed an animal for the right reason, in the right way, your day shouldn't be ruined.

Exaxtly not to mention hunting is by far the most ethical way to eat meat

This is a good point tho actually. I really suspect people that don't hunt food but eat the products are far bigger sociopaths or just ignorant about it.

Use a fucking bow and arrow if you're going to believe that shit.

At least you went, which is more than most people.
I'm in the same boat. Didnt really think I would enjoy it, went with my dad anyways, and didnt care for it whatsoever. Didnt even find it rewarding in any sense, just long, sad, gross, tiring work.

Faggot, at least you fucking did it.

>aim at the side of the head of the deer
Fucking LOL.

The AZ hunting regs include x-rays of various animals shot with lead bullets. Fragments everywhere. And I've personally had airgun pellets fragment on rabbit bone. What I like about AZ is they don't mandate lead free ammo, just appeal to hunters to protect themselves and the environment. There's really no good lead free ammo for airguns, but I'm going to start reloading my 308s with solid copper.

>>Go into the prone position, and aim at the side of the head of the deer
>>Was praying my gun blows up, or the bullet only grazes the animal and he runs off
>>Took me around 10 seconds to man up to pull the trigger
>>End up pulling it
>>.308 goes flying, hits the deer right in the side of the skull killing it instantly
HIT OR MISS
I GUESS THEY NEVER MISS HUH

Its just fine for mule deer and smaller. I wouldn't shoot a moose or elk with one.

How many bullets have you recovered from a game animal?
A good bonded jacket 30 caliber 150 grain will be a complete pass through on nearly any White Tail here in my area.
If you use a BTHP you will get fragments.
Barnes, Hornady and others manufacture lead free hunting ammunition.
Lead contamination is easily avoided by proper ammunition selection.
You will need a faster twist barrel to stabilize a lead free bullet than a traditional bullet of the same weight.
The lead free bullet will be longer.

Hit the neck next time. Quick and less a mess

>I’ve almost had to shoot my uncle
Story?

Zoomers were a mistake. Ladies and gents these are your tactiqueers.

At least you stalk hunt, i stopped hunting cause my family just wakes up at the buttcrack of dawn to sit in trees.

Ya gotta be a little bit of a hippie, its okay to cry on your first, you realize whats going on and can respect "muh animals" better. Dont fucking turn into bubba yeehawing through the woods on a 4wheeler killing anything with points. Only tag what youre going to eat that year.

This. Scouting and stalking is the most fun part

Attached: IMG_3355.jpg (3024x4032, 3.27M)

JACKPOT!

Attached: IMG_3344.jpg (3024x4032, 3.81M)

Also a blackbear and her cub in the area.

Attached: IMG_3359.jpg (3024x4032, 3.47M)

Fuck those bears though, I ate every berry I found in the area.

Attached: IMG_3352.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

>Headshotting a dear
lmao, deer have tiny brains. You're lucky you didn't just blow it's jaw off or tear up a hunk of it's face and have it running around all bloody while doing that dear scream.

But yeah, if you are unwilling to kill an animal, you should not eat meat. That just hypocritical.

Ayyy, my fellow stalkers
Plenty of time to sit in a tree when we're old

Lead dosen't really fragment against soft targets, moreso with jacketed or semi-jacketed bullets.

You sound like a nogunz.

. Youre gay. Men were made to kill. I was so proud when i killed my first bird. I was like 7 or 8. I called my grandpa and he was proud. Now i want to kill a deer and make some stuff out of it. Gonna eat a heart to gain its power, make a knife out of a rib or other bone maybe make some gloves from the hyde. You should be proud of your first kill. No one can take that from you. Plus deer jerky is hella nice.

You were saying m8? this is a hornady btsp. You see that shiny bit of metal? What do you think it is?

Attached: IMG_4308.jpg (4032x3024, 2.29M)

>Exposing Apex Predators to a good rich environment with no competitors
>Not fucking up the Eco-System
Also
>Not shooting deer, the oversized rat population

Ignore the sperg. Half the faggots on this board who talk about ballistics or firearms from a position of authority don't own guns or at the least have never actually fired them in anger, either at a person or an animal.

A small pellet that came off when it hit a rib? The dude said lead fragments into tiny parts and that it contaminates "half the torso", that's just retarded. At the very most you get a pellet here or there that is easily found and identified.

Lucky nigger. I wish my uncles were outdoorsmen.
I'd have been happy as fuck. My grandfather was a farmer at heart, but never hunted that I know. Took me on the water for some kind of birds, but too little to remember.

So fucking stale. Fuck off.

Attached: 1543632332054.jpg (1000x1000, 89K)

>First user claims "Lead disperses so far through the meat that you're guaranteed to eat it if you don't toss half the torso"
>No that's retarded regular jacket hunting bullets don't fragment like that in soft tissue
>NO LOOK AT HIS IMAGE OF A BULLET ALMOST COMPLETELY STAYING INTACT AND ONLY HAVING ONE OR TWO LARGE CHIPS OF LEAD WHERE IT HIT BONE AND NOT ACTING LIKE A ROUND DESIGNED TO ACTUALLY FRAGMENT: M193
You're the only sperg here, smoothbrain.

After my grandmother died, he wanted her house. It was left to me and my mother in the will.
I’m living there now, and he takes his frustrations out on me.
>Be me, not long ago
>Uncle comes onto front porch
>He starts yelling
>”You get off of this property!”
>I don’t awnser door
>He straight up punches the solid wood door
>I (In plain view) load a mag into my 1911 and cock it
>He turns away, and walks up the street
I really should just ventilate him.

Idk. Rats, deer, a pig, goats and snakes i dont care but once i killed a small yellow breasted tit with a bb gun taking a shot without aiming and i felt bad i was about 14 and i got to say i almost cried.
Shortly after i shot an arrow that went through the target and killed a chicken straight triugh the hearth too. It was delicious but i remembered the bird and felt bad again...

The fact that lead bullets fragment into hundreds of tiny pieces when hitting an animal should not be the least bit surprising or controversial unless you're an absolute backwoods fudd.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdKlubTRkk8

It's okay if you don't like to hunt, but you need to stop letting people pressure you into doing shit you don't want to. There's no way that ends well for you.

Ay, so you be saying
>I don't want to kill an animal no matter what
>my uncle decided he wanted to go hunting to my surprise
>so I grabbed all my equipment and hopped in the car, set it up at the hunting area, aimed at an animal I didn't wish to destroy, and pulled the trigger when I wasn't ready to shoot
>I have no control over any of this and wish for magical external factor to prevent the end result
how many layers of S O I is this? Heck I could see a dindu somewhere among that passage if I looked hard enough.