Alright Jow Forums...

Alright Jow Forums, I live in the no fun zone of America and I'm wondering: What gun should I buy that is decently priced, fun to shoot, legal to own in NY and is still good for home defense?

Attached: new-york-flag.jpg (375x250, 19K)

just buy a dumpster defender and rack the pump, if they hear that they'll run.

Any recommendations?

Mossberg 88
Ruger Mini 14
ruger pc9
Get your pistol permit and buy a glock or something

Build AR from 80% receiver, make necessary modifications to make it SAFE Act-compliant

Cost prohibitive. It's cheaper to just find a complaint rifle online.

Negative, I live in NY and built mine for $350

Pump Shotgun Rem870 or Mossb590
Ruger Mini-14
Ruger PC9
Glock 17

Attached: 1510781297353.jpg (5124x1226, 596K)

Attached: NYS Assault Rifle.jpg (3264x2448, 623K)

What lower, upper, barrel, etc

You definitely didn't get a thordson stock for less than 100

>Polymer80 lower
>PSA Freedom Rifle Kit on sale
>put it all together
Cool salt wepin
>cut pistol grip so it's even with the action
>grind off barrel threads and bayonet lug
>pin stock in place
Slightly less cool non-salt wepin

>rem 870
He probably wants a gun that will last beyond a few weeks before the rust goblin comes and claims it.

SKS
Semi-auto
ban-proof
built in bayonet
grenade launcher (yugo)
cheap ammo
not finicky on ammo brands
decent hunting gun
storage compartment in stock for post-hunt cigar

Attached: serbian-sks-surplus-762x3966.jpg (1000x470, 40K)

literally banned by name in my state's new AWB

INB4 AHAHA JUST MOVE IDIOT

...you're next

Leave NY because it's a shithole

Commifornia?

These days, I've been suggesting the Ruger PC Carbine as a good ban state alternative. An unthreaded one is NY-legal (and 50-state legal), it's accurate, compact, more than powerful enough for home defense, the takedown feature is great, and 9mm ammo is cheap and available anywhere. It's also regularly found for $300 cheaper than a Mini-14, it's not gimped like a cuck state AR, and unlike a 50-year-old SKS it has an excellent warranty. You might want to seriously consider it.

Attached: mypccarbine.jpg (3024x4032, 2.28M)

M1 carbine

>unlike a 50-year-old SKS it has an excellent warranty.
they do.
its called solid manufacturing.

>M1 carbine
Not in New York. The bayonet lug makes it illegal.

You could also take advantage of one of the few things that New York has on California, and get yourself a Shockwave. I bought mine in 20 gauge and it's my primary home defender here in 518. 20 gauge is more controllable than 12, especially with the Raptor grip, but still has plenty of power for home defense, and everyone says the Shockwave is tremendous fun to shoot.

Attached: myshockwaverange.jpg (1535x2048, 782K)

How is the memewave at the range? they look neat but they seem too impracticable for any for of target shooting.

I bought a Mossberg 88 and slapped a raptor grip on it, same general idea but the barrel is 6 inches longer. Still fun to shoot

You can remove it

>How is the memewave at the range? they look neat but they seem too impracticable for any for of target shooting.
Well, they're not really target shooting kind of guns. They're designed for home defense at ranges of 10-15 yards or so, and work great at those distances. But they're definitely not long-range guns.
How does it handle?
Bubba'ing is never an option.

You can get an M1 carbine without a lug.

It's really fun. I didn't find it that much more difficult than shooting a 12 gauge with a stock. The first couple shots I took from the hip because I was nervous about bashing myself in the jaw, but then I was just holding it up and looking down the sights almost like normal. If you can handle normal 12 gauge recoil you can handle a raptor grip.
I'm a dyel tier lanklet too, so if I can handle it you probably can.