I've never owned or used a gun before. I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. What's a good first gun to buy...

I've never owned or used a gun before. I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. What's a good first gun to buy? I've always liked the mk 23 because metal gear

Attached: HKGray-Mk23Protos.jpg (900x600, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mass.gov/files/documents/2018/10/01/Approved Firearms Roster 09-2018_0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any mid range 9mm that fits your hand well. Get a full size so you can actually learn how to shoot. Glock 17 is the meme machine, they make a good gun and people love the gen 5s, stock is very reliable but you can buy more aftermarket shit for a glock than you can for a honda civic. Sig just got adopted by the US gubmint for standard issue, so it may become the new beretta M9 in terms of popularity and memeability. Both are also good guns. CZ 75s are also great pistols. See if you can rent these before you buy them to see which you like. I recommend 9mm because it is cheaper than .45 and practice will be the most important part of owning a gun.

Or you could go full tactical badass like pic related.

Attached: 1544287613688.jpg (960x720, 461K)

>mk 23
>huge, expensive .45
>as a first gun
Don't do it.
Shrink down to something in 9mm, .22 is for children.
Now listen very carefully
1. Lurk more in threads that interest you
2. you will notice a thread titled "questions that don't deserve their own thread". Handgun general will also work for handgun related questions.
Enjoy your stay on Jow Forums, Photon best style.

>$1700+ meme gun as first pistol
It's your money, user, but it's probably not a great first pick unless you're very well off or only plan to buy for the sake of collection.
If you want something a little more reasonable while still being a MGSfag, Snake used a normal USP-9 on the Tanker incident before he died.

I'd buy a rifle first because they are easier to shoot. A WASR was my first gun and it was easy to shoot and easy to clean but they're far to expensive now.
I'd recommend going to a store and handling a few rifles before buying one.

FN57

>standard capacity 20rds
>not much recoil
>not TOO expensive
>is a 5 star

Attached: Pistols_Thumb_Five-seveN_FDE-.png (1200x950, 317K)

Too expensive to shoot as often as you should for a first gun.

t. Owns one

Attached: 20256BC2-A628-4617-8722-6015074A5799.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

Dude you could literally buy a .22 tcm for less and convert to 9mm at will

I didn't know you could rent guns. I'll definitely try that out. I'm not planning on going tactical badass. Just owning a simple gun and learning how to properly use it

Thanks for the tips! I'll be definitely lurking

Yeah no way am I spending 1.7k. the mk23 is just the first gun that made me want to buy a gun. Curious though why is it a meme?

OP should buy a p30 or a usp if he likes Hk’s. You can blow your cash on the mk 23 but it’s honestly just a adult rare Pokémon card. As a first gun it’s dumb imo, and if you plan to carry it only gets more dumb.

Attached: 3291A1E3-C16D-474B-9C82-67FAF80BD0E1.jpg (1024x929, 182K)

If you want a more reasonable first gun that won't break the bank and still let you LARP as Solid Snake, you could get a Ruger .22 pistol.
He uses a suppressed Ruger Mark 2 as the Tranq-gun from MGS4 and the government profile barrel mimics the look of the Gemtech Oasis upper.

Attached: 20180609_231414.jpg (4032x2268, 1.53M)

It’s a meme because it’s huge and it’s capacity doesn’t really fit the size. I love them but for the price it’s not worth it. You can get a carry USPc for $500-$700 or a USP tactical for $900-$1100 and still solid snake. Watch collateral.

Attached: 68133BF1-1DD5-4482-86B1-FBD2D7DCCB38.gif (370x150, 996K)

For the love of god just don't get anything pre Mark 4. They were apparently notorious for being difficult to reassemble.

>why is it a meme
It's huge, expensive for what it is, and doesn't hold all that much considering its size.
People mainly know about it because of MGS and the entire "offensive handgun" project it exists for.

While I love shooting my MK.II, I'd have to agree.
They can be a huge PITA to disassemble/reassemble if you don't know what you're doing.
I bought a tool from gunsmither that's specially made for the MK.1/2/3 series of pistols and it does make disassembly way easier once you know how to do it.
For OP though, it would probably be best to just get a MK. IV

Don't listen to all these autists. Buy a Glock 19 and spend the rest on ammo. It's a lot harder than it looks.

Yeah, look for local indoor ranges. Call and ask. Most of the guns you should be looking at are pretty common. Just remember in other threads, all of these guns have good and bad points. Glock is the speshul forces gun. Sig is the new military approved gun. CZ isn't used by anyone that special, but I personally like all metal guns (heavier, more accurate, less recoil, let the arguing begin). Another solid choice for a used gun are the Smith and Wesson 5906 pistols. They have the best stock trigger on a pistol I have ever shot (very crisp like a single action revolver, not everyone likes this though). You might find you like a really squishy competition trigger more. This is why you need to rent the guns and put 50 rounds through each of them before buying. I don't care if every person in a thread tells you the same thing, try before you buy.

Attached: 03501f37824b9f1c2da78e37a8c1548ea2f25eaec4010bf8104d6e314deed67c.jpg (550x373, 155K)

Make sure you have a place to shoot!

My first handgun was a Glock 19x, but only because I got a really good price for it. I personally recommend a long gun for your first firearm, but if you're set on a pistol, then anything reasonably priced in 9mm should suit your needs fine, whether it's hammer or striker fired. Glock, CZ, Browning Hi-power, etc. The most important thing, however, is to find one that fits your hand. Shop around and see what feels right for you.

A .22

I've owned many pistols from different manufacturers, and I agree with you. The Glock 19 is the best choice for a first time buyer.

If you're wealthy enough there is nothing wrong with MK23. Just make sure you can afford to train with and plink with it otherwise it's just going to gather dust.
It's a meme gun because despite being well made it's still a relatively low-capacity 45 ACP gun. 45 ACP while a fairly acceptable round is considered a meme round these days.

Go to a range, rent a bunch of guns, buy whichever one you liked shooting the most.

We don't need to have this thread 3 times a week. Sage.

45 acp is not a meme, capacity is a meme

A Glock 17/19 is THE beginner’s handgun and you can’t go wrong. The Smith & Wesson M&P9 and Springfield XD are fine if you’re a boomer faggot. The CZ P-10c is a phenomenal firearm, but it’s tight and finicky out of the box. You’ll have to wear it in. The SIG Sauer P320 is also very nice if you’re willing to go up a price bracket. Current production P320s are perfectly fine so don’t listen to Jow Forums memers or HKucks. Walther PPQ and HK VP9 are some honorable mentions.

If you prefer hammer fired, then I would say CZ 75, Beretta 92FS, HK P30, or, if you’re willing to dab on poor people, a SIG Sauer P226.

>this isn’t my /ak/ thread!

>first gun
>handgun
pick 1

Not him and the /ak/ threads are fucking cancer too, but we really don't need to have an identical thread every fucking day "hey guys, getting my first handgun, what should I get?" Lurk moar used to be a meme around here for a reason. Lurking for just a few hours will turn up one of the dozens of Jow Forums infographics on which guns to get for beginners.

i bought a mossberg 590a1 for my first gun

Get one you can afford to clean, load, and shoot on a regular basis.

You dont want to be that guy who buys a .50BMG and only fires it once a year

Buy a used SKS in its original wood stock that still has its bayonet attached and after making sure you can shoot steel case ammo at your local range I want you to buy 1000 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 ammo. Now you need eye and hearing protection. Shop it for a good deal on both. You are now ready to go shooting.

if you want a handgun get a 1911
if you want a rifle get a m14 or a model 94
Its that simple

get a load of this fucking idiot

Piggybacking off the OP on the topic of first handgun, I'm planning on picking up my first too (already have a few rifles and a shotgun). However I live in the commiewealth of MA and am limited to either handguns that were in state before our stupid roster was established or any of the guns on this list:

mass.gov/files/documents/2018/10/01/Approved Firearms Roster 09-2018_0.pdf

Right now I'm torn between the p30sk (the v3 DA/SA, LEM triggers aren't on the list) and a kahr pm9 for concealed carry. The Hk has as many rounds as I can lawfully carry, while the kahr is more concealable and I feel I'd be able to have it on me when I go to the gym or am wearing less clothes. For peace of mind and an added safety while holstering I would prefer a hammer fired gun but the kahr's long double action is reassuring to me.

What would you recommend out of these two, or another gun from the list if you were in my shoes? I'll probably end up getting both but I'm not sure which is better to get first, the gun with more firepower or the gun that's more concealable.

Attached: IMG_0118.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

Buy a ruger 10/22 to learn to shoot.
Otherwise buy cheap soviet milsurp.

CZ 75 or variant of.

Fuck this faggot. Get the Mark 23.

just take the boomerpill Jamal

Henry Classic Lever-Action .22.

Attached: Henry_Classic_Lever-Action_.22.jpg (2000x521, 79K)

Buy a cz 455 or 512. Don't waste your money on outdated and inferior designs like the ruger, henry, and savage.

Here's a few handgun options OP, from various brands in alphabetical order

>Beretta
92 series
APX
Px4

>CZ
CZ 75
CZ p10c
CZ Rami
CZ Sp101 or whatever it is, all of them are great

>Glock
just pick any compact like the 19, why not

>HK
P2000
P30
VP9 is a great buy
USP if you want to spend money just cuz

>Ruger
SR9 if you're poor, but since you were planning on buying a Mk23 ignore it
>Smith and Wesson
M&P 2.0 for days

>Springfield
XD is actually an okay gun. Not great but for a starter the extra safety feature is probably not a bad idea

>Walther
Go hold a PPQ and try it. Lots of people like them.

Any gun listed above should kill paper with utmost reliability.

I'm a big HK fan. Consider the P2000sk if you want, maybe that's on the list too? It has 10 rounds in a double stack.

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS or a Mossberg 500.

Go to the gun shop and ask to see/hold a few. Make sure you read about the rules of gun safety before going, and follow them. If the shop also has a range ask them if they have any classes for beginners getting into shooting.

>.22 is for children.
.22 is wonderful for inexpensive training

>no sigs
Hah, he fell for the sig memes
>lists Springfield XD
XDDDDDD

I have no real experience with Sigs so I left them out. I hear good things about the 2022 and 226/229 lineup though. I've fired all the others listed.

>XD
XDDDDDDDDDDD isn't actually a bad gun despite the GRIP ZONE billboard and bad policy decisions they made (which they fired the guy anyway). Doesn't make it right, but it's a start. It's just a stupid name for the original design.

>PPQ
Recently made this my EDC. Good trigger, comfy grip.

Don't let your dreams be dreams OP, get a fucking mk 23 and make your Snake Solid.

Get a Jericho 941 R and be Spike Spiegel instead.

Great choice, you will not be disappoint.

just do it OP, if your only gun is a mk23, you'd be such a goddamn G
bang bang skeet skeet nigga

stfu you poverty ridden faggot.

OP, find a Mk23 for less than 1800, and get it.

I didn't know you can buy ammo with EBT.

too bad .22 TCM pistols are garbage and unreliable.

how about Taurus's new .22 pistol?

The biggest thing for me was finding a caliber that was cheap to shoot. First gun only matters if you shoot it a bunch and actually have fun with it my man. My first pistol was a s&w model 59 and forst rifle was an sks. Both reasonably priced but the biggest thing was that 9mm and 7.62x39 are pretty cheap and you can buy it in bulk without breaking the bank. Also consider how much mags are gonna be and availability of holsters and other accessories. Sorry for text block hope you have fun.