What does Jow Forums think of him?

What does Jow Forums think of him?
Are his reviews helpful and is his knowledge of historical combat and weapons accurate?

Attached: skallagrim-image.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-kBooCJHE
youtube.com/watch?v=XwkygNh_6_E
youtube.com/watch?v=wlxU3AJ6UGk
youtube.com/watch?v=hqAHji6zNf4
youtube.com/watch?v=IbzqtiUptH4
youtube.com/watch?v=we5yu1KKCuU
youtube.com/watch?v=SX_XtZ2Ms_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hes okay, kind of a faggot though. I think I would have bullied him if I knew him in high school, just the vibe I get. Seems to find difficulty in thinking of interesting topics the last couple of years, reflected in both the output rate and enthusiasm of his videos.

I'm completely mystified by his popularity. He has no idea what he's talking about, gets basically everything wrong, he's not particularly charismatic and has a grating, nasally voice.

I really like him in Lord or War and he has a couple other okay movies. But to be honest, he kinda scares me and i feel like he lives off of oxygen and cocaine

this

A bit cringy when he LARP's, but is better overall at making content than Lindybeige

Thirded

> lindy > skall > matt

boring depressed rambling fucker who talks about junk and videogames

*throws pommel*

matt Easton at least actually knows something about edged weapons and history. Lindy is entertainment with loose facts. Skall is just a bullshit artist with a load of crap who literally larps and whinges.

what is his native language? to me, it seems english isn't. he talks like a retard. or maybe he's just larping after how ragnar lodbrug talks on the vikings show? that guy too talks like an IQ 56 victim.

I'm german and to me it sounds like he is too.

he's alright.

he'a depressed kraut who wants to be a viking in an rpg vidya who lives in a small apartment in Canada with a load of fake swords of amazon, that occasionally he hits crap with and some weird little shrew of a woman. His channel document his journey towards a near inevitable suicide attempt

anybody with hair like that cant be a functioning member of society. that alone makes him suspect.

He's recommended me some shitty knives and machetes before, so not really. Also his gun collection is fucking weird man. He has poorfag guns I didn't even know existed.

Attached: 1548705472822.jpg (352x395, 13K)

>he'a depressed kraut
thx for info. do you have any proofs for this though? like a vid in which he talks german. happy though I spotted the non native speaker. I knew he had this nasal tone of a germong trying to speak Hauptschulenglisch...

Most YouTubers in this category are bad. You can't really generalize as much as they do and still put out enough content, so they end up with videos bad for information and that rely on being either entertaining or having a gimmick, and again, most actual humans interested in this field enough to be youtubers are fuds you'd be embarrassed to know irl.

Shame that car accident didn't finish the job.

Boring, but not as punchable as shadiversity

Oh god shad is actually the worst, he stretches topics that should be 5 minutes into 20+ minutes every time.
Literally unwatchable.

Matt Easton is an actual expert in the field with a day job and a family and still manages to put out informative and reasonably entertaining videos every week.

Attached: matt.png (788x475, 440K)

>cant be a functioning member of socie

e's not. Having done a couple of rants that floated in the intertoilet he proceeded to take himself seriously and decided he was fantasy sword man. He played to the zombie meme and hit stuff with ridiculous crap from the back of a budk catalogue to draw viewers and is a full time youtube, with the resulting catastrophic implosion of finances. A strange ugly shrew of a woman identified him as a source of money and attached itself. Having now sold all his fake swords and bough his exit bag fans are eagerly watching his depressed monologues about himself and his woes in anticipation of suicide day. Its near.

Calling his swords "fake" is pretty silly, many of the ones he actually likes are functional reproductions.

but on the other end of the spectrum you've got guys like KnyghtErrant who also actually know what they're talking about but only put out a video once every 6-8 months

Its all big latein to me m8. He's a Viking or some shit. I flicked through his channel its either hom droning on about hiself and his woes joylessly or him with some utter garbage zombie crap sword or other cheap fake crap hitting stuff. Occasionally his hobbit wife appears. They live in a small apartment, it sucks, he hates his life, he has no money because no one wants to watch him hit shit with junk fantasy crap. He's going to exit bag.

dunno. he seems to have picked up HEAM with blood and iron somewhat seriously. I don't take them seriously but I haven't gotten the impression he's suicidal.

Attached: hg.jpg (2505x1333, 481K)

Matts OK, he's good on Brit Victorian swords and unlike the skallgrim guy has read on the topic and is involved as a dealer and with auction houses. He does look like Gollum though

fourthing. I can't understand why anyone would watch him, let alone why he's the historical youtuber with the biggest audience

Lindybeige I get because even though he knows nothing about history and constantly lies and misunderstands and makes shit up, he's quite entertaining to watch

Scholagladiatoria is kind of the opposite, where he's a bit of a wet blanket, but has decades of expertise researching and evaluating historical arms and armor in an academic context, so he actually knows his shit.

But Skallagrim is neither. He's super boring, and half his videos are just "I don't know how this worked historically but it looks cool". His mannerisms actually remind me of Chris Chan a bit. I don't get his popularity.

Attached: arthink.png (459x591, 607K)

>functional reproductions
So, cheap fake shit like 'zombie swords' and 'movie swords' , matt Easton has real swords and knows their history. Skallgrim knows fuck all..At least Easton does not whinge on about his crappy life.

His videos used to be better, but he's gotten sucked into the YouTube bubble, where he needs to produce a certain amount of content within a certain time frame to remain competitive.
It's basically resulted in the state of YouTube today, where the only really interesting channels are the bigger budget educational channels.
Everything else is just stale repetitive bullshit, and anyone producing unique or interesting videos is either doing it as a hobby, or their channels are dying.

He's going to exit bag

youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-kBooCJHE

Anyone would in his situation.

He's cringey as fuck and his wife is fat and ugly.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

No, i mean stuff like his albion weapons. lol
I'm not too big on him either, but you seem to have an irrational hate boner for the dude.

he is dealing with his depression publicly.

He's a living cry for help. But everyone just wants the live an hero

youtube.com/watch?v=XwkygNh_6_E

(he's broke, he lives in an apartment with paper thin walls with a woman who looks like a Danish troll and h is saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad about it)

I don't hate him. Its a bit tragic he's going to kill himself but then again he decided to be a 'youtuber' instead of having any actual purpose or job so...fuck it.

fuck him being some euro/germ in canuckistan makes me even more mad. as bad as canada might be, at least you can just grab your funs and fuck off in the bush where nobody will ever find you. in my european country I can make the hike from one end to the other with a 25l backpack in less than a week.

isn't he a furry or some shit?

He promotes garbage sword shaped objects to morons for a %.

His wife buggers him. Apparently its a thing.

>He's cringey as fuck

Understatement. now we turn cringe up to 11

youtube.com/watch?v=wlxU3AJ6UGk

Any time someone refers to their girlfriend/wife as their "partner" it's a safe bet.

Attached: Laughing Celtic girls.jpg (700x960, 128K)

cringeworthy larper with glued-on eyebrows.

hes norsk, hes said it in the past too.

Finally someone shares my opinions an castle meme man.

Everyone associated with HEMA is a giant fag.

youtube (and most of the people who subscribe and watch) care for quantity over quality.

Not enough of us who prefer quality over quantity. I'm off to look up KnyghtErrant now.

everyone who publicly associates themselves with it. I have no doubt there are some cool guys who do interesting things but those guys don't go posting videos of themselves.

As a sword YouTuber, reading this thread sucks.

post your vids

Zombie tools are legitimately tough chunks of steel, go be a retard somewhere else

So who are the good ones? So far I've watched mett euston, knyghterrant, tod todeschini, roland warzecha. Who else are good? Since watching them I've got recs for pursuing the knightly arts, rafmazfar; how legit are they?

Mostly, it's because he does do testing now and then. It's not perfect but it's more than what most youtubers do.

Metatron, maybe?
I really love watching this hairy weeb pastanigga rant with cockney accent

Search IPostSwords

So what you're saying is, she is essentially the dominant one in the bedroom? Or am I missing something?

I have tried to watch Metatron for the weeb material but it's such a surface-level. He tried a lot of things but never stuck very long to learn anything he could transmit, plus it's usually fairly clickbait, video-game nerd level, which is really not what I'm looking for. Then again I imagine that it's what youtube is here for.

>has a video about not replacing hurr durr you need a crane to get on horse with hue hue armor has no encumbrance

That's entirely too logical. No wonder I haven't run into him before.

well, I like him

Metatron has some amusing "debunk" videos tho. Angry link was fun

Obviously he got bullied. Why do you think he got so god with weapons. try bulling him now.

>Metatron
>weeb
as if
youtube.com/watch?v=hqAHji6zNf4

seems like he lacks confidence. if he committed to the character harder this would be entertaining.

He doesn't know shit about knives.

God damn it. He really needs to cut his fucking hair. It's so fucked. If he wants long hair, it's not as simple as just letting it grow. You need to cut it every so often so it doesn't look like fucking shit like his does.

God damn, look at his bangs ffs. They look ragged.

This
Also he has zero credentials aside from "i do hema and larp"

norwegian

>Liking Matt "please subscribe" Easton

Attached: 1514898845254.png (2518x1024, 277K)

He is unironically the best antique sword youtuber tho

>ywn have a perfect wife and daughter who gaze adoringly at you and support your interests
Literally his only flaw is being a hairlet

Attached: 1498860147990.jpg (988x1024, 68K)

> tfw have perfect gf who gazes adoringly at me whilst i nerd out over my swords

I aspire to be matt.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones, user-kun.

agreed, hes called 420 a good steel in the past, and his reviews are nothing but substanceless garbage where he says, it fits my hand well, it opens, look at me cut paper.

It seems he's a self hating german furry pretending to be norwegian,
by, if asked where he's from, stating that he came to canada from norway.
.. omitting that hes previous attempt of running away from his unhappiness was to move from germany to norway.

>It seems he's a self hating german furry
>furry
I knew there was something off about him

Attached: 1504349111805.jpg (599x599, 99K)

He's a literal furry cuck

Don't know much about him aside from the furry thing and this - youtube.com/watch?v=wlxU3AJ6UGk
Apparently he also did guns, which is nice.

>genuinely in love with history's objectively worst sword of all time

Regardless of personal preference, the 19th c. sabre isn't exactly one of the worst sword of all time.

He’s okay at sword fighting, but damn he is a fudd

Never said it was. Easton's favorite sword is the spadroon.

THE SPADROON IS A HOLY ARTEFACT AND I WILL HEAR NOTHING ELSE ON THE TOPIC.

Holy artefact more like wholly art of crap

Metatron's videoes might be interesting, but i can't get myself to listen to him. He buys an expensive microphone, and proceeds to record in a room with no sound dampening on the walls, and just plugs it directly into his computers mini-jack, before uploading without doing anything to fix his audio. Sure i'm there for the stuff he says, but if i can't hear what he is saying, then it's pretty wasted, no?

Thegn Thrand - slightly cringy
Lindybeige - cringy but excused on grounds of autism
Metatron - super cringe, cannot watch
Shad - I feel physical pain
No Knight Errant vids for 6 months, feels bad desu

He's quite good really and shows real swords, I like his stuff..

>Obviously he got bullied

Lifestream an hero incoming. Will he exit bag or throw himself on the sword of Elrond ?

>seems like he lacks confidence. if he committed to the character harder this would be entertaining

Its cringe level is so high its actually painful.

Thanks man. I try

>He is unironically the best antique sword youtuber tho

him and ipostswords are basically it, matt is contaminated by hema but does know about british military swords and colonial warfare

>shad worse than Lindy

As awful as he is, at least he's drawing from historical sources and not his weekly LARP meets.

>HAHAHAHA
>LET ME SHOW YOU ITS FEATURES

Attached: Automatic-power-drill-crossbow-weapon-bow-arrow-slingshot-1.jpg (1000x592, 426K)

>running away from his unhappiness

It followed him in the form of reproduction swords.

youtube.com/watch?v=IbzqtiUptH4

So.... Just like Jow Forums, except he actually has some weapons?

He buys swords and lives in Canada, I wouldn't be surprised

Thrand's a bit cringy, at least Lindybeige knows what production quality is.

>So.... Just like Jow Forums, except he actually has some weapons?

/k is boxed bag but in that missed bag are ex mil, people who work in museums, ex conscripts and some quite devoted collectors, noguns, underage's and all manner of faggots, .

The stuff this guy is into is worthless garbage though. Its larpedy darpedy do stuff. He links to sellers of this crap and gets paid to push it to cringe addicts

youtube.com/watch?v=we5yu1KKCuU

But this is an example of why he should just go away, he discusses rare firearms he does not own, knows almost nothing about and can't afford. He'd have done better buying any of these antiques than his pile of zombie and elf swords.

youtube.com/watch?v=SX_XtZ2Ms_I
(cringe warning)

>/k is boxed bag but in that missed bag
Are you having a stroke?