Help me choose a new AR 15 upper

>Have a heavy ass S&W M&P Sport 2 (mostly front weight)
>9 fucking lbs
>7 lbs all at the front
>Decide to change the barrel
>Might be cheaper if I just replace the upper, but keep the BCG and CH and everything else from S&W M&P Sport 2

I just want it to be reliable when SHTF/Revolution starts, plinking, LARPing innawoods, burglar, but I want it to be more balanced/lighter (

Attached: BCM one handed.jpg (1920x1080, 673K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-16in-556-mid-quantum-hg-complete-upper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>off hand
You sure about that? Dude looks like he jacks it with his left only about 7 times a day

>AK owners would just tape a 2.5lbs. weight plate at the stock

Attached: 1369683808530.jpg (2918x1915, 616K)

BCM is a quality rifle. I have a standard profile 14.5" that I shot out the barrel on over 10's of thousands of rounds and they replaced.

I also have a new 11.5" ELW upper that I have about 2500 rounds through now. Zero malfunctions from either

Aero is a decent brand and should be accurate and reliable, but I wouldn't put it on par with BCM

Radical is just and should be avoided at all costs. It's on par with an Anderson.

My mistake, homeboy is left handed lol

Why is your rifle so heavy? What did you stick on it?

>Airsoft peq15 (for looks)
>ozark armament flashlight
>bipod vertical grip
>Matrix Arms FF handguard
>Dagger Defense (Amazon Special) DDHB optic
>Electric tape

It totals like 1 lbs. for all this. Its definitely the barrel. Before I was a gun nut, in the past life, I was an Army grunt. My M4 didnt weigh this much. It has:

>REAL peq15
>M68
>Quad Rails
>The same retractable bipod vertical grip described above

Its the barrel, my friend says its a "Bull barrel"

Attached: M4 past life.jpg (1536x2048, 315K)

Question:

So I have a crush on pic related. Now it says the barrel is 14.5" wouldnt the ATF throw a fit? Or do they install the muzzle device to get it to 16"?

Attached: ar15 crush.jpg (1183x711, 160K)

>Airsoft peq15 (for looks)
>ozark armament flashlight
>bipod vertical grip
>Matrix Arms FF handguard
>Dagger Defense (Amazon Special) DDHB optic
>Electric tape
This can't be real. Definitely go Radical, so it matches.

Attached: 1548718360334.gif (244x250, 2.56M)

I mean if we are ever on a revolution I wouldnt mind switching to iron sights lmao the rest are just for looks (except the handguard and the bipod)

Pic related

Attached: build.jpg (1441x1393, 583K)

You don't choose your AR15 upper, your AR15 upper chooses you.

You have to permanently install a muzzle device to make it 16"

>Aero (M4E1)
Huge fan of mine personally, in terms of bang for your buck the Aero is definitely superior for cost, the BCM isn't going to do anything better while being double the price. The one thing the BCM might have is lighter weight, for some retarded reason they don't advertise the weight of any of their uppers as far as I can find, but I can tell you my Aero is on the heavy side because the rail is extremely thiccc. Now this makes it very durable and reduces recoil but it does add more weight, especially if you get the 15" one.

Attached: IMG_20180804_113240921.jpg (2560x1440, 433K)

Nice rifle.

So hold up, Aero have been advertising their weight (3 lbs.) front and center and youre saying BCM is lighter?

Cite your source

Something about regular guy training infuriates me

He is brown and he likes guns

Jesus dude, this is like the definition of the guy who gets out of the military and wants something that resembles his M4 so he guys the first gun show bargain basement AR he sees and covers it in Chinese crap. You could set up a BCM 14.5" upper with an M68 and (non-shit) quadrail just like yours was in the military, pic related was sub-1500. Have some self respect and get a good AR, they aren't that much.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 9.28.01 PM.jpg (1200x1600, 164K)

How much should one drop on an upper?
I've been thinking of dropping 700 on a "pistol" upper for fun.

What book is that? I googled some of it and came up with The Unforgiving Minute. Is that it?

Sexy rifle bro

Yeah this is meant to be my starter rifle and I would do upgrades when possible. And of course Im going to set it up like in the old days. Its all I know lol

And the quad rails are a no go for me, FF all the way and I'll just make it look like quad rails but still lighter-ish

Attached: d7dy0ff4mky11.jpg (432x576, 30K)

Nah. More like he is a know it all that takes himself too seriously

I'm guessing you're talking complete uppers and not stripped ones right? Here's my exact upper, its the 15" MLOK, as you can see on the page its 56oz.
aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-16in-556-mid-quantum-hg-complete-upper

Now I can't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt about it being heavier than the BCM but one of my friends I shoot with a good bit has a BCM and I can attest the handguard is about half the thickness of the Aero and far smaller in the hand for overall less material. Its just way lighter in general. On top of that, Aero uses a proprietary upper, this makes their rails extremely well secured to the rifle but also adds more mass compared to the BCM which uses a milspec upper.

700 is way too much unless you're going with 458 socom or something. Really depends massively on what you want. PSA will get you something that'll run well for $250 with BCG and CH. If you want something else go look into what OP wants with BCM or Aero.

Also BTW OP absolutely do not buy radical firearms, they make dogshit products, was reading about the AR bolts they make cracking just yesterday.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-11-30 at 3.46.02 PM.jpg (1200x1600, 792K)

Yes! Our instructor had a reading list and I was reading that book while we wait for weapon's turn-in. Good book.

Attached: 81shLDhSzyL.jpg (1500x2299, 441K)

Ahem. Fuck Regular Guy, fuck Lucas Botkin and his shills, fuck jannies, fuck mods and fuck niggers.

Attached: 1548175449191.png (595x447, 72K)

I don't like the way he talks. I watch his shit, because it's no nonsense, and there's good info. But he purses his lips weirdly a lot and he takes too long of pauses. It's super weirdly off-putting. I'm also an über autist, so maybe it's just me.

Attached: 1548734642579.jpg (489x669, 136K)

It's a complete MK18 upper with a BCM bcg.
Fuck I dont know I'm just bored with my AR.

600 Nitro Express

OP here, thought about changing the barrel as well:

>$160 Faxon 14.5" Pencil barrel
>$80 BCM Comp mod 1 (or 0)
>$30 Gas block
>$15 Mid length gas tube (Faxon's only comes in mid length)

Now I can save like $80 if I can somehow remove the current pinned and welded brake that I have (thanks NJ) the problem with that is I would need to pay for pinning and welding (again) and also it turned out to be not so great after all since I shoot at a place with ports.

Now is having a new barrel worth it? Its cheaper(ish) than BCM complete upper. Pinning and welding it would cost me another $50 and possibly trying to have an armorer remove the current brake will cost a bit too. Or if he cant remove it I'll have to get a new one anyways.

Attached: Adams_Arms_AA_Evo_Ultralite_AR_Upper_Receiver_Jeff_Gurwitch_Production_model_16-inch_carbine_piston_ (1500x590, 95K)

I own neither of those (Colt all the way). But all I am saying is that if The Space Force had an AR15 service rifle, it will be made by Aero.

Attached: Space Force.jpg (702x459, 114K)

BCM should really put the weight in their description.

That’s crazy light!

Attached: 4D15D807-C6DE-45F0-B9EF-5B275D532356.jpg (750x669, 69K)

Cost wise,

Is it beneficial if I just change the barrel? Maybe get a cheaper muzzle device? Or should I just save 2x the money and just buy a BCM upper? Would the weight be significantly lighter or heavier than BCM complete upper or?

Attached: barrel.jpg (1099x817, 150K)

For the quality you're getting you're probably better off just buying a complete upper, less headache that way, you'll need to buy tools as well if you want to modify your existing upper.

>reddit/10 rifle
this is really bad user; you need to start over.
Post your rifle in /arg/

You can build a quality rifle for the cheap. Just get a BCM OEM upper and build a Aero lower. Buddy build his for just $950 and it werks. Tight fitting and light as well.

The one in the pic is close to that, the EOkek is what brings it close to 1500

just throw the whole thing in the trash.

Probably would cop pic related come tax return season, I wonder what lower that is (prolly BCM). Might duracoat some parts FDE. IDK.

Does the lower even have a bearing as to how the weapon performs?

>this is really bad user; you need to start over.
Post your rifle in /arg/

Attached: AB70DB44-9365-4702-8E32-795C8CFFF722.jpg (1004x731, 65K)

Lower is largely irrelevant as long as it isn't out of spec which some cheaper lowers like Anderson occasionally are.

>post rifle
They shit talk everyone but your rifle is objectively garbage, you've got 5 pounds of chinese crap with a airsoft red dot as the cherry on top. Your rifle is garbage and wouldn't hold up through any rough use.

Not really apart from the flare of the magwell effecting reload ease or speed. That being said if fit is an issue look into Aero Precision lowers since even their basic lower has a nylon-tipped adjustment screw standard from the factory. Also get one with a longer rail, if you're gonna have a low-pro gas block it just looks goofy being that short and you're limiting your options for sight radius

Would this fit my other terrible rifle’s lower?

ITT people who think they’ll bring their rifles to actual combat.

Boy if it’s just plinking you want, go crazy in the toys you want lol

>cope with not having nice things

9 lbs unloaded? Thats a lot.
My lmt mrp is 8.2 lbs unloaded, but that is with an Eotech, Kac rail covers and grip installed, no light.
If I were you, I'd dump the airsoft crap and get a regular foregrip (save the grippod for the range ). There is half a lb off your build right there.

Say what you want but I’d give it until 2020 and this will be how your rifle will look. We all know you will comply lol

Attached: FDD147E0-B380-484D-A9D5-DF3B4C35A6C0.jpg (500x320, 30K)

I don’t mind heavy really. Though for 9 lbs I’d rather tote an M1. It’s just that the majority of the weight is at the front/barrel

the pins will probably close but there's a good chance of some looser fitment and wobble

>former mil
>doesnt know shit about the easiest to learn platform
checks out

Not really, the only Chinese made shit on this is the fake peq15 and since it’s fake and only for aesthetics, I don’t need it to be quality. I’ll never use a laser designator anyways.

Because I saw my roommate once bought an ar15 and the upper and lower didn’t fit. Like by more than a margin. I don’t have experience with BCM at all.

Also what’s weird is when I was in I never had interest in this since I associate it with work

I plan on getting one of their new 11.5 inch M4E1 uppers. I was on the fence, but that upper looks great with a regular AR lower.

This. Unlikely to use or not putting literal garbage on your rifle is just tacky and costs you money in the long run because you're going to have to replace your chinkshit. As it is it can be unsafe too like the guy who lost half his hand because he used a shitty foregrip on his KSG. And hell if the day ever does come its a lot more comforting to know your gun is covered in decent stuff compared to trash.

>red dot
>flashlight
>sights
>rail
>muzzle brake
Which of these isnt chinese

>I dont need it to be quality
Buying garbage is about as nigger tier as it gets, if you're going to put money into something you may as well not buy crap

Here is what you should have:
Light
Optic
Sling

>Red Dot
Dagger Defense, US made
>Flashlight
Ozark Armament, US Made
>Rail
Matrix Arms, US Made
>Muzzle Brake
Dead Air Keymount brake, US Made
>Sights
Magpul flip up sights, US Made

The fuck you mean?

>Buying garbage is about as nigger tier as it gets, if you're going to put money into something you may as well not buy crap

I don’t know what nigger tier job you got but $30 for looks is not gonna put me on food stamps lol

>>Red Dot
>Dagger Defense, US made
Lol no, that red dot is chinese crap, its just branded by them, believe me I owned one

>>Flashlight
>Ozark Armament, US Made
Lol no, again, chink shit, look it up

>>Rail
>Matrix Arms, US Made
Ok fine but its still dogshit

>>Muzzle Brake
>Dead Air Keymount brake, US Made
I can find nothing to indicate its US made

>>Sights
>Magpul flip up sights, US Made
Front is clearly mystery meat and isn't magpul, rear is maybe magpul but it looks fucked up and is probably a chink knockoff

The flip up sights came with the rifle senpai,
Ozark and Dagger Defense are both American gahdamnit!

>Ok fine but it’s still dogshit
It’s a handguard it’s not gonna affect how I put rounds on target

dont buy race to the bottom parts

I think the word "douchebag" describes him best.

>9lbs is heavy, no wait it’s not heavy I just like the weight distribution
>durr idc my rifle looks like and is total shit but I still want it for HD and SHTF
>my chinkshit is totally US made
>handguard totally doesn’t effect my shooting
>former mil
>doesn’t know shit about the AR platform
>niggerlogic when it comes to accessories
kys

So you’re telling me if I get quadrails I’ll shoot better

>autism, the post

Attached: A2B8AC58-9975-485B-8D88-3EE1FCC17216.jpg (770x770, 65K)

Build one on a Fulton Armory A1/C7 upper, a Faxon Gunner barrel with a pinned FSB, and a free float handguard of your choice.

Also, you wrote off my shit being Chinese made while it says it’s Made in the US and all evidence you have is

>it’s branded by them and also I have a new tinfoil hat

It has to be American made otherwise the burglar will survive your 5.56

I’m telling you that if you invest in a good FF handguard you’ll have garbage touching your barrel

That doesn’t make sense, half your crap is US “branded” with parts and labor from China

I never once said anything about lethality. You’re retarded