Bolters with intricate peeps are the height of rifle design

Pic related from a few days ago, the peep on my Springfield 1922 M2 training rifle. You can't even hardly buy peeps like this any more, everyone wants a fucking scope which is retarded because a peep is a objectively better overall optic 99% of the time. As far as the barrel profile, you don't even need heavy varmint barrels anymore as barrel manufacturing tech has come so far with hammer forging and stress relieving that the previous drawback of light barrels (becoming inaccurate after heating up) is a non-issue in the modern day firearm hobby. The only reason you'd ever need a heavy barrel is for a machine gun and in that case you would have a crew supporting you making the weight issue of the barrel irrelevant.

I miss the old days before the clever merchants convinced every one of you fucks that a rifle has to be $2000 of heavy barrel and 3-9x fuckhuge optic. I could outshoot every single one of you with pic related.

Attached: 1922M2peep.jpg (1944x2592, 951K)

Really loved the peep sight on my old chipmunk .22 I learned to shoot on. Put tens of thousands of rounds through that beautiful little rifle. I wish I could get those same sights on every rifle I own

Unapologetic self-bump
Based. I'm trying to vote with my wallet with regards to this

Peep.

Attached: 1896_Krag_Sporter_10-31-2018_B.jpg (1200x900, 1.08M)

Is that yours? If so, super envious. Take care of that thing

Peep?

Attached: DSCI1364.jpg (2872x2532, 1.74M)

Same. It seems like peep sights work better with your eyes, a more natural feel. Maybe I'm just biased since I learned on a rifle with them. Shit, I even preferred the irons on my m4 over the m68 they had on there.
Where do I get this and is it easy to install?

>Where do I get this and is it easy to install?
Simple, you buy a Brazilian M968 rifle. It comes stock just like that from the factory.

t. ass blasted boomer that can't let go of his obsolete technology.

>peep is a objectively better overall optic 99% of the time
Only in the sense that more time is spent carrying a rifle than shooting it and peeps are lighter. If you're actually shooting though, you're basically dead wrong. Glass is so much better than irons, you literally have to create competition classes for irons to matter at all. Fudd hunters are among the cheapest people ever, hence all the sporterized milsurp. They bought glass because it works. Military followed suit as soon as it got tough enough, and now it's basically standard unless you're too poor.
Light barrels are nice and underrated though.

Nah, boomers are usually hunters so they all bought scopes. It's usually broke millenials who can't afford good glass that write this kind of shit.

Ah damn, I wanted to put one on my turkroach mauser
T. Poor marksman

thank you for this thread

well you could just bubba them on there, because

its literally just G3 sights

>be brazil
>modernizing the army
>FN FAL production is slow to start
>but hey we have those old 1908 and '24 Mausers still around
>in 7mm tho
>we'd like to have ammo compatibility, 7.62 Nato would be nice
>and better sights than the original Mauser, are the Krauts selling anything bychance?
>and we'd like the grenade launching capable flash hider from the FAL, too

>be IMBEL
>"hold my caipirinha"

Attached: DSCI1370.jpg (2357x3143, 1.53M)

ITT poorfags that need each other to cope with the fact that they can't afford glass.

B-but it's objectively better!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

>implying you can only ever own one rifle at any given time
I think it is you who is poor

Attached: No4Mk1~04.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

I've target shot with nice glass, hunted with decent glass, and used a few different optics in the army. The m145 was by far my favorite, makes rifles a bit top heavy but great on mgs . I own various rifles, bolt and semi. On those rifles I've used cheap scopes and expensive scopes. At the moment the only rifle I keep a scope on is my 10/22 for doming squirrels.

A scope can be nice if you're shooting real long range or in combat, but for most hunting and time spent at the range, a nice aperture sight works just as well. Obviously go ahead and use what you want to on your rifles, its shooters preference, but most people that buy the outrageously priced scopes they have out there should work on their marksmanship anyway.

Peeps do work better with aged eyes because they provide a depth of field that open sights can't

I could see that. I'm not old but I do have shitty eyesight. My grandfather had that issue with his brush gun, he eventually bought an eotech for it. Looks absolutely bizarre having an eotech on a pump 30-06 but hey it works

Advantages of peep sight over glass:
>lighter weight
>more inexpensive
>immune to glass clarity issues (fogging etc)
>more durable
>no parallax to worry about
>lower profile on firearm

And quite a few I'm sure I forgot

>Is that yours?
Yah.

>implying IMBEL used both hands

Attached: 1896_Krag_Sporter_10-31-2018_C_1600.jpg (1600x1080, 1.67M)

Made one for my shitty air rifle, it's much better than the shitty scope it had. I don't have machine tools so it's rudimentary but it works
I couldn't really find much about homemade sights on the internet but I'm sure there's a lot of people tinkering with this stuff

Attached: 20190129_231622.jpg (4128x2322, 3.09M)