Abandons you to Imperial Japan Troop assault

"Sorry guys. The President ordered me to run away."

How was this ab excuse?

Also, would the US troops in the Philippines fought to the last if they had known how the Japs would treat them as POWs?

Attached: 220px-MacArthur_Manila.jpg (220x370, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/i6ynRQSH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More reasonable than your fuhrer or commissar ordering you to fight an unsupplied position with no hope of reinforcement against a superior force to a man.

But that's exactly what he did

>"Sorry guys. The President ordered me to run away."
That's the same excuse Mattis used. "He was mean to me and as commander in chief, he directed me to do something my jewish handlers did not like".

>go through some k related folders
>find the quote about the one high ranking guy saying that he only served their interests 80% of the time
>mfw

Attached: f9b4da7bc85ecf19afbd4f70d0df47b0.jpg (1242x1230, 117K)

LOL what a retard, he should have let the Japanese capture and torture him for high level military intelligence.

Mattis wasn't the "warrior monk".
He was the "quitting rabbi".

If karma existed MacArthur would have been left to face the consequences of his incompetance and stupidity, Instead he was elevated into an undeserved acclaim via a well oiled propaganda machine, because America will rather reward a man for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory than admit any form of ineptitude.

You know the President is the commander in chief of the executive branch, correct? I guess he could have stayed on that end of the Pacific and just died. That was his plan and why he refused the first couple of orders.

>strands, kills, or captures more than a quarter million nips in his Guinea campaign
we should've nuked the yalu and you all know it

Hmmmmmm no

as much as you are right the Philippines were totally fucked. Perhaps not if he'd given additional effort to defend them, but "defeat from the jaws of victory" is a total misreading of the situation.
He was overrated tho

You're right he should have let himself, a 5 star general with massive understanding of sensitive US military information get captured. Brainlet trumanite suck my cock!!!
>IT was HIS fault
yea his fault that the Philippines were poorly prepared for war and were facing a naval force consisting of nearly half the entire Japanese fleet with nothing more than a dozen pre ww1 destroyers. They stood no chance FDR was a military retard and left the US horribly unprepared despite his clear intentions to enter the war no matter what

MacArthur knew the disposition and abilities of US forces in the Pacific, he should have left long before the Japanese invaded for opsec reasons alone.

Dumbass.

>MacArthur knew the disposition and abilities of US forces in the Pacific

He didn't have anything the Japs didn't already know.

>Mattis
fuck that guy
this is correct

everyone needs to read this about James "The Faggot" Mattis: pastebin.com/i6ynRQSH

Ah! Finally! A thread about the biggest pussy of the war! How he wasn't branded as a coward after that baffles me to this day

I don't so much fault MacArthur for retreating from the Philippines, it was a bad position and reinforcements couldn't make their way there. I do however fault him for sitting there as he gets news Pearl Harbor being under attack and not lifting a finger to do anything. Army Air Corps bombers should have been up the instant they heard it was war and on their way to Japanese airfields and other targets in the region. Instead, the IJN and IJAAS showed up to find American planes on the ground.

>"Sorry guys. The President ordered me to run away."
That's the same excuse Mattis used. "He was mean to me and as commander in chief, he directed me to do something my jewish handlers did not like".

I may not be the best orator or debater around and my English is not know to be the best but I do believe that:
1. Someone ordering you to do something and you doing it (eventually) and,
2. Someone ordering you to do something and you resign because you don't want to do it are not even close to the same thing.

This. As soon as Dugout Doug got word about Pearl Harbor, he should have dispersed his forces and started scouting for the Japanese forces that would have been on the way. He could have handled the retreats better, since large stockpiles of food and medicine got left behind in the early days and as soon as it was clear no meaningful re-enforcement or evacuation was going to happen, I think he should have started prepping to continue operations as a guerilla force. Japanese reprisals would have likely ended a lot of insurgent activity but having a 5th column in place scouting and gathering intelligence waiting for Pacific D-Day would have been better than the largest surrender in US military history.

The original plan, War Plan Orange, went through different iterations and applied to the entire Pacific theatre, but the core principles regarding the Phillipines stayed the same. The Phillipine islands would be in the shittiest position and expected to be cut-off for an extended period of time from the US mainland as the Navy mustered its forces. The Phillipnes were also expected to bet attacked within 24-48 hours after the first aggressive moves are made by Japan, regardless if war was officially declared. Forces on the Phillipines were supposed to consolidate to defensive positions around the capital Manila, Manila Bay, and Bataan. This would give them best chance at survival and deny the Japanese the use of Manila and the port facilities in Manila Bay. What does MacArthur do? "I'm going to defend every inch of coastline with insufficent numbers of troops with insufficient supplies of ammunition and not put the planes in the air so they could be destroyed on the ground". I remember watching a documentary where some units had too many rifles but only 10 rounds for each soldier.