Is Taurus really bad or is it just some models?

Is Taurus really bad or is it just some models?

Attached: IMG_1710.jpg (1170x780, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally everything they make is shit. Some fags try to claim their semi autos are different, but the majority of their shit is still produced and assembled by sub human monkeys. Sure you can get your shitty cheap firearm, but now you're propping up a cancerous blight

A fair number of their models
PT92 is alright
Taurus millenium g2 in my experience has been fine
G2S and G2C (derived from the Millenium series) seems okay atm
Their revolvers seem okay but they don't last as long as better offerings. My cousin got a .357 stainless and it already is rusting after 10 years. Meanwhile, grandpa's blued Model 10-6 is in near flawless condition.

They're alright, they just have abysmal QC. Their best model is their 92 clone.

I have a 24/7 and it's really not that bad, a poor man's glock basically, but you can tell just from the grip they cheap out a lot on the little stuff.

Some models are better than others. I've heard the PT92 is probably their best offering which makes sense considering that they took over a Beretta Factory in Brazil. All of their guns have shit QC and if you get stuck with a bad one, the company will basically tell you to kick rocks.

Theres really no reason to buy a Taurus when you could get something much better for just a little more.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
Better watch out and not shoot yourself with it

The PLY Tomcat clones are fine. So is the HTR.

This.

On the same token, how are Rock Island guns? I have a friend who swears by them, but I just don't know.

>Is Taurus really bad or is it just some models?

Taurus made some decent revolvers and an excellent Beretta 92 clone at one point, but when they took over a big hunk of Rossi firearms in the late 90's, they must have been overwhelmed and almost everything they produced turned to shit.

I have a range pal who owns and 1980's PT-92, and it's as good as any M9 or Beretta 92 in function and accuracy. Some of the small, cheap CC Taurus pistols still seem popular, although I'd buy a Ruger or a Smith & Wesson before I'd even consider Taurus unless it was a private sale and I had considerable range time with it before forking over any cash.

Some of their revolvers made in the early 90's or earlier are alright. I generally hear few complaints about the 85, which is probably their most popular revolver.

I also hear largely good things about the PT111 G2. Not saying anyone should buy Taurus, but if they had to, then an 85 or G2 are probably solid choices.

They're not cheap enough anymore to even take the chance. Back when their revolvers were half or even less than any Smith or Ruger I guess it could be worth it to some to flip the coin and see if it would hold up. Now they're as expensive and still aren't as nice.

Attached: Adventure Road.jpg (970x545, 345K)

>produced and assembled by sub human monkeys
then everything made in the US is shit.

So they're not made in the States, or are there any actual problems you want to tell us about?

Raging bulls and PT92s are good. The rest is trash.

their NEW snubs are way better than the ones from 90's to ~2015/2016, you just would do well to go loctite the screw that retains the cylinder (be careful taking it out, it's a tiny 3 piece assembly) and also they're rougher than a S&W. I have a 605 that I'm fairly satisfied with, and a PT111 G2 that has so far been excellent. Get stainless if you can without spending too much extra, though ,as their bluing rusts easily in humidity

By most accounts the 1911s are good entry 1911s. The phillipinos really, really like their 1911s and they got a bunch of old tooling from the US or something.

I have the gun in OP's pic

I bought it used, it definitely had thousands of rounds through it. I've put at least 4,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction of any kind, using many different types of shitty 9mm, and good 9mm

The gun is a fucking solid, robust, reliable firearm. The serial number on mine is from the 80's. I love that gun so much, and I think it only cost $200.

The g2, internally, is like 95% glock. field strip both and you'll see a lot of similarities. That's probably why it's not a bad gun. Taurus is actually not bad at COPYING designs, and can do it somewhat well. the G2 actually has a lot of attractive features Glocks don't have
>A really aggressive stipple that doesn't look like ass
>memory pads for the finger
>stock pinky extender
>angled around muzzle (some glocks do have it)
>second strike capability for light primers
>stock rail compared to some compact glock models (relatively few)
>unobtrusive loaded chamber indicator (some people like it)

It's honestly not a bad design, and one of their few gems. Now the bad

>love it or hate it trigger. Very light with a fair amount of travel. It has an interesting pull. It's light.. then you hit a wall... then it's light past the wall and at some point goes bang. It has a short reset though, so if you learn to ride the reset you can actually get a lot of shots off quickly
>trigger safety dongles has been reported to fail completely and break, rendering gun ded. Allegedly the new G2C and G2S have fixed this
>worse finish than glock. It'll get scratched quite a bit, and quickly. It ain't a beretta or HK, no one is going to mistake it as a flawless European gun in terms of machining--mine has noticeable circular marks where the cuts were made. It doesn't effect performance, but it's there.
>Definitely has a break in period. For a long time mine wouldn't feed anything but FMJ and hollowpoints wouldn't work.

Mine has otherwise been flawless other than some early JHP issues, mostly failure to feed the first round.

I unironically want their 92 compact, but it's hard to find.

Google Taurus class action lawsuits...FUCK TAURUS

same guy here,

to add to this, the trigger is actually nice and crisp. i'm not saying that all Taurus guns are good by a long shot, but I definitely got a diamond in the rough here. I've shot it more than my Glock and I actually trust it more. I've had rounds stovepipe with the G19 and again, zero malfunctions with the PT92.

one advantage to the 92 series is that failure to feed is pretty much nonexistant. That alone gives it a big reliability point. That and the extractor is pretty beefy compared to a lot of other guns

>as their bluing rusts easily in humidity
Which fucking boggles the mind since it's what over 50% of out territory is known for (Brazil). Seriously, if you live in America there's literally no excuse to buy Taurus since you can get used S&W or Ruger for the same price as brand new Taurus.

it's really underestimated given the price you can find them at.

you KNOW that feeling when you find a gun that just fires flawlessly every time like a piston in your hand? i just never thought i would find that with a Taurus, I want to hate it but I can't

I have a few Taurus handguns. Never had any issues. People just want to shit on Taurus because they spent 2-3x as much for a similar handgun.

It is rather surprising.

In their defense Taurus has had some pretty big fuckups, especially with QC. It probably wouldn't be so bad if their customer service was faster than molasses in january.

I actually liked the feeling of my pt111 alot better than the Ruger LC9 I was looking at back in the early teens. And at the time the S&W Shield had just came out and was far more expensive and harder to find. Actually, it may not have been out now that I think of it. I remember seeing the PT111, Kahr, Kel Tec, Ruger LC9, and that was pretty much it for the plastic fantastic wonder 9 millimeters of the era I was looking at.

I bought a G2C when I was delivering because I Didn't want an expensive gunning sitting in a evidence locker for 6 months If I ever needed to Denog a situation.

Quit said job a while ago so I havent used it often but I've put 300-400 rounds through the thing and its not bad.

I have one of their 44 mag revolvers, literally no problems, very smooth, well built.

I have the 380 TCP, probably the worst gun I've ever touched, it keyholes at 5 feet, I've sent it in for repairs and got it back after like 5 months with nothing changed whatsoever.

I'd say maybe their revolvers are fine? Don't know much about their 92 clones.

In all honesty, it's a game of luck when you buy a Taurus. Either it's just alright, or someone probably let their 6 year old assemble it. Either way, I'd really only buy one for the memes.

Attached: Eeeeh-Dog.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Ask Charles landeros about his Taurus with the extendoclip.

Attached: LiveLeak-dot-com-image_1548415598.jpg (2208x1242, 257K)

Exactly.

I always say this, they were really decent until they started to make shitty polymer guns in the early 00's.

Their 80's and 90's revolvers are great, many old timers will tell you their revolvers were pretty much on pair with s&w, or sometimes better.

Their beretta clones are also decent, ones from the 80's and 90's are very nice, have great finishes and tolerances, and that's communing from a guy who own and carries a beretta.

They have been getting better in the last 2 to 3 years, but qc is still mostly shit.

Models like the pt92af, rt82, rt689, rt85, th9 and tcp380 work just fine.

I love my 1989 dated SS PT99AF to death. It's tight as fuck, the safety is designed for human hands, and it can hit a 2 inch group at 15 yards. However, there is one massive problem with it that's had me considering replacing it with an actual Beretta: the sights. They should be good sights, but monkey manufacturing hasn't been kind to them, the pins were close to popping out while shooting and while I'm sure it's just me not being used to DA/SA, the previous owner warned me that it shot to the right, and that seems to be the case in my experience as well. 2 inch group ain't so nice when it's missing the damn center by 4-5 inches. I also need to get a Wolf recoil spring because the locking block apparently cracks after 10k rounds because of the stock springs.

Attached: taurus.jpg (1202x677, 155K)

I like the safety on their 92 better than the actual berettas my self.

Yet youre a wageslave or unemployed un the most capitalistic country in history. I think you also might be a nigger.

>buy a gun so you can spend your life saying "it's just as good as"
Daily reminder that poorfags deserve their miserable lot.

I wouldn't trust shit from them

That defect must have been fix a long time ago because is the same video everyone always share and nothing else.

Yeah, the gun is great, but those adjustable sights are always terrible.

At least you can easily move them to the side.

that and allegedly Brazil gets the worst of the taurus gun qc

I'm more worried about the pins holding the sight in popping out. I still need to test my negro-rigged solution of "screw the elevation adjustment as close as you can into the fuckin slide" and borrow some silver nail polish from my sister to seal it.

Try loctite

Doesn't matter to me how old this is, Taurus has done very little to clear their name, their defects have killed people I can't in good conscience support a company like that just for the slightly lower price

But does loctite come in silver with glitter in it?

Attached: 1543633893194.png (300x168, 85K)

The PT-92 is decent, being a beretta clone. The other designs are a mixed bag of QA issues and mixed bag build quality. I have a 24/7 G2 as well, and it's pretty much just a cheap glock; even compared to the Canik TP9 (similar price range) the 24/7 G2 feels cheap, sadly.
> Their 1911 is OK as well for the price.
> It will come packed in slimy nasty grease of manufacturing residue and whatever oil the factory uses. This needs to come off, all of it; and is probably the source of 80% of "my taurus is a shit".
> Lifetime warranty FWIW

"Stain Less" steel, user. You still should oil it, gun stainless trades some rust resistance for strength.

You get what you pay for.

You want a Beretta, but don't wanna pay the Beretta price? Okay. Buy your Taurus for 3-400 instead of the Beretta for 5-600(gtfo 92s fags). You'll get a solid gun that works well, but isn't as nicely finished and smooth as a true Beretta.

As long as you don't get the occasional lemon that slips through their QC, then you'll be fine and probably very happy with your purchase. When buying USED Taurus guns, make sure you inspect the functions very well. Part of the reason they get a bad rep is because people buy the cheapo used models that have been neglected by 200 pound gorillas for years before trading in for something else.

Most people who shoot wouldn't be able to tell any difference between a Taurus and their more high profile competitors. The Millennium G2 and G2c are excellent products, Judge flies off the shelf constantly, the only model that I would advise against would be the older discontinued PT247

This. Why can't beretta make a model that has a frame mounted safety and isn't a limited edition 3000$ gun?

They're...weird. DESU I like what they do but their QC is still so spotty...I dunno. I really want them to do well. I like what they do. They have a reputation for a reason and it's an enormous uphill battle for them to shake it. But I also don't think they're as bad as people say they are.

I have a PT92 just like the one in the picture, even has wood grips and everything. It dates somewhere between late 80s and early 90s. I fucking love it. It's smooth, accurate, and super dependable. Shoots like a dream and is probably my favorite 9mm I've ever owned.

I picked it up in a trade. I traded the guy my 4" barrel Taurus 66 for it. I actually really liked the revolver but the cylinder lockup felt a little bit too loose to me after cycling some moderate loads through it. Really I developed a hankering for a PT92 so I traded it for that reason.

I have a PT1911. I also love it to death. It has front and back strap checkering, match grade barrel, accessory rail, ambi safety, beaver tail, you name it...and I got it for $550 new. The only complaint I had about it was that the rear sight kept drifting on its own after a few mags and I think the retainer screw got stripped so I couldn't tighten it down. Some loctite saved the day and now I don't have any complaints. It's accurate as hell and has a pretty decent trigger. Not amazing, but good enough.

I had a PT111 for a while, and I loved everything about it except for the wonky super long first trigger pull. The stippling was great for grip but also rubbed the hell out of my skin when I CC'd it. I also couldn't shoot very well with it...I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't hit shit with it. Ended up selling it...and honestly, I'd get another PT111 or G2C in a heartbeat. They're super solid pistols and a total steal at the price point.

The PLY-22/25 is a pretty safe buy, it's an alloy tip-barrel pocket gun. Completely reasonable $220 purchase. I don't see the value in shelling out $400 for an Italian model.

Good 1911's, terrible revolvers, worse-than-Chinese shotguns, no idea how their new semi-autos are.

Mine will stovepipe just about every round you put through it if you don't lubricate it
Most of them are bad, some happen to be good, I prefer the frame safety but I would prefer it a lot more if it weren't in general a piece of crap
other issues with mine include...
>front sight misaligned and loose
>paint from front sight is at this point worn completely off
>grips are loose
>magazine also has low tolerances and the floor plate will shift with minimal pressure

"easily" meaning "wipe it down like once a week", dummy

>fun fact: the original 92 design had a frame safety before Italian and European police requested the change to a slide safety in the 92S
feelsbadman

>alloy
those are polymer guns user. the Italian guns are the alloy frame ones. they are generally considered much more accurate.

I've read from a couple of huehues on here that when Brazil banned firearm imports they handed Taurus a local monopoly and thus their QC went to shit.

Allegheny Arms makes custom Berettas with a frame safety for around 230 if you supply the components. Not sure about the price if they use their own tho.

I was given a Taurus .357 revolver that was made in the late 80s and neither I or the original owner have had a problem in that time. Honestly a revolver I'm very happy to own since, I agree, it's just as good as any S&W I've handled.

This is exactly why I want them to do well...when they do a good job, they end up doing a good job at a price point that's significantly less than everyone else. I loved my Taurus 66, I love my PT92, and I love my PT1911. But even having had good experiences with them, I still can't shake that feeling in the back of my mind that I'm taking a bit of a gamble any time I pick up a Taurus.

I just wish they'd get their QC and Customer Service to a place where people will have good things to say about it. They'd be a great company if they were.

Anyone know how Kahr guns are?

I bought a G2C for my concealed carry, I feel the same way. It had some kind of problem with the slide not returning to the forward position at first, but after lubricating it and putting 100 rounds through it, that went away. Now it works perfectly, and I've never had a jam of any kind using various quality ammunition. I used it for my LTC class also and did like 235/250 so it's not so bad at all.

Better than a brick when they work.

Its a gun. Its fine. Its not top tier, its not bottom tier. Taurus is a gun, and it works. The revolvers are better.

Some are made here

My 92s runs great

no, there is a part that holds back the recoil spring that is made of plastic and inevitably breaks

???