New sks stock

Ok so I've been given the chance to buy a russian sks for $175 (I'm a canifuk) but I don't want to stick with the wood stock. I want a new stock option that allows for an adjustable stock (like an ar-15) or similar and some rail space on the bottom for a fore-grip. I've been searching for a while and haven't found anything too good. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good options.

Attached: Tapco Sks.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pearcearmoury.ca/store/p41/Pearce_Armoury_ILS_Chassis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Perish

Nyet, rifle is fine!

why. I already have a norinco with a wood stock n now I want something new.

super bien

Fuck off, Bubba.

Attached: 1544854642816.jpg (2500x3500, 968K)

I already own multiple wood stocked rifles and want a change in furniture. Things such as my Lee-Enfield I wouldn't touch but an sks seems different...

SKS is a super-common and shit-tier gun compared to modern firearms. While they're a good value, fuck people who think they are rare or need to be preserved.
OP, you're gonna look like a bubba-ing faggot to everyone who knows what you have, but you can effectively make your SKS an unwieldy VZ-58 if you get a decent stock. As for which one, meh. Most of them are okay.

Also what is wrong with lighter and better places to put your hands while firing?

Then change your shitty norinko, rifle is fine.

Take the wood off the Norinco then???

I happen to have a really good quality norinco with a laminated russian stock.

>implying adding shitty plastic is going to make SKS any more accurate

If you have to go full bubba, do it to the Norchinko. Rifle is fine.

Also, I'm not trying to make some tacticool rifle. I'm just trying to make a cheap rifle a little lighter and easier to use.

Changing the stock on an SKS is only acceptable if its a commercial Chinese model with the orange wood stock

Those particular stocks are garbage

>accurate
Who the fuck said anything about accurate, nignog? We're talking about adding modernized controls and contours to it.
See

All fucking bubbas must fucking hang.

Attached: sksmod.png (982x578, 111K)

Thank you. That's exactly it. And another question. Are the "Quick mag releases" any good?It's just because I plan to just use the integral 10(5) rnd mag with clips but I don't know if it would be worthwhile to get those ak-like 30rnd sks mags and whether or not a mag release would help.

>Also, I'm not trying to make some tacticool rifle. I'm just trying to make a cheap rifle a little lighter and easier to use.
Man up, you fag. Literal 100 pound Vietnamese won a war against a fucking superpower carrying around Chinese SKSes. If they can heft that rifle, so can you.

pearcearmoury.ca/store/p41/Pearce_Armoury_ILS_Chassis.html
I found this, it's pretty neat and doesn't look like heresy warmed over. But it's on pre-order, and either they wont be ready til September or they missed their deadline by 4 months.

>We're talking about adding modernized controls and contours to it.
Might as well add an ugly-ass wing to a '57 Bel Air while you're at it. Bubbas are fucking cretins.

Why not make something lighter if you could? why carry like 10Ibs around when you could carry like 8 or 9?

>Buy $150 classic rifle.
>Spend $500 on a shitty tacticool bubba stock to make it "better".
Just buy a good rifle to start with, dipshit.

Thanks, but it's a little to flashy for me and the top rail obstructs to ability to use stripper clips.

>Why not make something lighter if you could? why carry like 10Ibs around when you could carry like 8 or 9?
Because of the shame of butchering a classic rifle because I literally couldn't carry around one extra pound of weight.

Why not buy 15 feet of rope so you can get it over with?

just screw a bare rail into the stock

why is a fucking milsurp sks a classic??

Just screw a bare rail into your nutsack.

Tapco stocks are garbage:
>make the rifle VERY front-heavy
>dogshit butter-soft polymer
>Need to diassemble stock to detail strip the weapon, rather than simply pushing a button

There are OK aftermarket SKS stocks out there. The Tapco is NOT one of those stocks.

>why is a fucking milsurp sks a classic??
Because it's a fucking milsurp sks

It's not 1997 anymore. Bubba'ing was never acceptable, but now it's just inexcusable. Stop being a cretin.

I don't want some gay shit like this I just want a minimalist sks rifle with a lighter stock...

Attached: bubba sks.jpg (480x294, 11K)

>Might as well add an ugly-ass wing to a '57 Bel Air
Except you could count the number of good-to-fine condition '57 Bel Airs left on a couple sheets of paper, while there are still literal unopened crates of SKS's leftover in the US.
Not to mention the base price of the Bel Air compared to the SKS is like the difference between a razor scooter and a hayabusa.

sure thing kid

the pic was jsut an example I do not want a tapco under any circumstances

*just

Fag tries to make relic modern
poorfag assault team

*just

Right, forgot that was a thing.
I was giving him a solution to the question he asked, you can't criticize an answer when it meets the criteria no matter how dumb the idea is.

poorfag? I already own a 5.56 vz.58 but all I wanted was another, DIFFERENT sks that I could go through 7.62x39 with

Tripfags should kill themselves

Attached: Faggot.png (222x158, 81K)

puts expensive stock on junk rifle
>see nigger rich

And why does wanting a non-wood stock automatically ma?e me a wannabe tactifag assault cunt?

And the *reason* why there aren't that many '57 Bel Airs left in good to fine condition, or un-bubba'd M1917s, or why there are endless hacked-up classic rifles out there now, is precisely because some asshole at some point in time said "LOL these are a dime a dozen! Lemmee take this into my workshop and do something with it!" That's what's responsible for shit like surplus Krags or K98ks with cut-down barrels and stocks that got rechambered in .257 Roberts in somebody's garage. Nobody thought those things would ever be more rare or valuable than they were at that moment. Now gun shows and Armslist are choked with bubbas trying to unload their chopped-up nuggets for $1200 cause "Here's a list of all the improvements I made to it! No lowballs - I know what I've got!"

Bubbas are the scum of the gun world. Worse then fudds. Worse than mall ninjas. Worse than weebs who buy knives from BudK. Worse than range traps. They are the bottom of the barrel, and everybody should point at them and shame them.

*make

>SKS is more than a decade older than the 57 Chevy
>Still unbelievably common
>Bubba retards overselling their bullshit means nobody is allowed to do anything to their own guns
>Lel I'm superior to this laundry list of people for all these arbitrary reasons
And all of this retard rage posted on a thread asking how to non-permanently alter an extremely cheap, common fun on an Indo-Chinan Silkworm Breeding Community
W E W

Attached: 2015973909728063522.gif (192x333, 2.06M)

Tape the rail onto the stock
Itll be just as accurate as any stock you put on the pos

Get an ATI strikeforce stock, there far better than the tapco

Way to miss the point, retard.

maybe try actually making a point next time, friendo

Attached: 7096846734020592511.jpg (622x767, 73K)

Yeah I was looking at those. Probably will be what I'll get if there is nothing else anyone recommends. I don't know why I come here for purchasing advice sometimes. 60% of the people on here haven't even shot a firearm before and of the 40% who have I would bet that less that half have owned more than 5 at any given time.

and even worse
some use strippers clips and that dictates what stock they use

What in the fuck is wrong with using stripper clips in an sks?

why would you limit the amount of ways you can reload?

Put the Russian stock on the Russian gun and then ruin the Norinco, if you must.

Attached: Bait1.png (2500x1645, 148K)

We’re all recommending not to be a bubba. Pay attention.

this is the only right answer.

fucking oath!

I would under any other circumstances but I've never had a problem with my norinco and I wouldn't want to meddle with it. And I don't see why people have a problem with what I do with MY guns. Isn't part of the fun of firearm ownership being to change, modify and adapt your guns to fit whatever needs you may have? Part of the reason I want to make my new sks lighter w a new stock is because I want to have a go at hunting coyotes with a 7.62x39 rifle as a have a large plot of land which has a field bordering on a tree line (I would be going on foot so weight is a factor but it isn't a huge deal lighter is just better). It is home to many smaller animals which the coyotes prey upon.
Sure I could use my current sks but I just wanted to spend a few hundred on something new which would be more of a throw around rifle.

my takeaway from user was that its real gay looking for used gun and all you see it bubbad/SPORTERIZED mosin/sks/lee enfeild

I really don't see the problem as generally I make a point to not fuck with my rifles and almost never do more but add optics or possibly a muzzle device. In the end what does it matter if I chop[ up a cheap piece of shit that goes for $250 and that im getting for $175 flat. I probably wont even shoot it at any ranges. It will most likely be used for the aforementioned purpose and be shot a little in the woods.

dunno if canada has em but the Choate sidefolder has similar aesthetics to the old Polytech sidefolder. Been debating getting one for my Norinco one
otherwise, why fuck with it? AR stocks on sks are total mall ninja autism

Attached: 1548473154947.gif (754x370, 2.68M)

also shotguns apply to the me no fuck with rule I generally go with. Handguns too but I only own 3 as they were grandfathered to me and am not a fan of handguns in Canada at least because you cant do a whole lot with them and most things a handgun can do a rifle or shotgun can do better.

boy gets first gun adds stock then gets butthurt when old timers get a kick out of stirring his tail feathers

I just meant a preferably adjustable stock as I have longer arms but would like it to get shorter for storage too. I just used an AR stock as an example.

This wasn't very important and I was just kinda rambling so ignore this if you'd like

Its an sks you dont need any of that and if you do then buy another rifle

I already have that that with other rifles I just want something cheap that I can thrown around and that is different from my other sks. You obviously didn't read above.

no shit...it has a bayonet that will never get used

Hey how do you stop the cleaning rod at the front from falling out? I have a norinco but the cleaning rod keeps jiggling and sometimes falls forward, it won't stay in place.

pics or youre lying son
airsoft dont count

>"I won't ever use my bayonet"
"I am a pussy", the post.

head fits into a slot under sight
is everyone that owns an sks a retard?

Ok well, for what reason do you want to use a substantially more rare rifle for something you're going to abuse? Why not abuse the Norinco as there are many more of them in the world than that Russian.

Most people on the board are against you for that reason alone. That gun is old, of military origin, and ideally should be at least mildly preserved. Your Norinco is a civilian-built, newer gun with much less significance to any future generation. This isn't to say that Russian SKS's are really valuable or whatever, but eventually they will dissappear, and they will raise in price. The more that are abused, the less we'll see in good condition with stock parts later on.

It happened to the Mosin, and it'll happen to the SKS, so why contribute if you're in a prime position to simply preserve the Russian gun?

Attached: file.png (1171x544, 423K)

Yes I know it fits in under the sight but it won't sit still, if I shoot or walk with it or hold the gun pointing down the rod might jiggle loose and fall out.

I haven't had that problem but they are just held in with friction so maybe you wore it out or the slot it fits into was just made too large for whatever reason. Your guess is as good as mine. it could also be that the rod is too small.

hole in stock that rod slides into is too large

fugg

willing to bet none of these kids know about the cleaning kit in the butt of the wood stock

when the rod is in the right way the end / head should be pressing against the barrel so you have to pry it down so it snaps into the notch...you may have just missed the back hole...take it apart figure it out

wait I'm retarded I forgot they have the slot under the end of the barrel that stops it from sliding out the end. The guy w the problem might have gotten a lemon without this part

>willing to bet none of these kids know about the cleaning kit in the butt of the wood stock
waiting for the shock and awe

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1745x2185, 732K)

it will sit between the two but its really loose and doesn't sit still.

Attached: think about it.jpg (1183x452, 32K)

OK so at the other end of my cleaning rod is a threaded screw piece, this fits into some hole? I'm trying to wiggle it around but I'm not feeling anything that it will slip into

pull the stock off and make it work...epoxy a small shim etc...understand what I'm getting at?

OH I see. It just feels completely hollow inside. I'll take it apart tomorrow and have a looksy

Im guessing this is an after market stock?

another quick fix is a piece of rubber tubing that will fit in the end of the support and slide the rod thru the tubing

No its the original wood stock but I think it's just worn out.

maybe because when right you have to lift the head of the rod away from the barrel with some force to drop it into the slot...you'll figure it out. ppulling the stock off takes all of 30 seconds

Attached: 1528785911076.jpg (367x347, 30K)

You're a fag if you don't do

(OP)
Just buy a cheapie Norinco M14 if you want a rifle to fuck around with, you cretin.

>And I don't see why people have a problem with what I do with MY guns
See this is where you fucked up user, you asked Jow Forums about putting a new stock on an SKS. And when you ask for advice on here you better be prepared to get opinions with it. Additionally you're asking a board where a majority are Americans that have to pay out the ass for a Russian, so don't be surprised if they get a bit offended, in their positions so would I.

All this fucking rage over a stock. I change an SKS into a new stock in under 20 seconds guys chill. I think half of you don't really know what a bubba is.

That look so ugly euurrgh no thanks
Ill stick to my old school sks

Suicide is painless, bubba.

Next time load a round and put it to the roof of your mouth. It might take a few tries to hit the brain though. It's small and very retarded.
Don't be a fag. Don't ruin a rifle.