10mm

Is it worth it?
Best 10mm pistols?
Mp5 10mm clone?
Is it too hard to find?

Attached: 300px-10MM_AUTO_-_FMJ_-_1.jpg (300x225, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ
theboxotruth.com/educational-zone-18-shooting-wolf-steel-cased-ammo-in-an-ar15/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-to-air_missile
youtu.be/jhv0LbhNigk)
youtu.be/YRkKoe3g9lA
youtu.be/Y8Q6bEMJHpY
gmriflebarrel.com/40-blank-40-cal-10mm-20-x-1-gunsmith-edition-raw-barrel-blank/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.
Glock 20SF, 29, XDM-10, Ruger SR1911 in 10mm.
Iffy teir
Tanfoglio, Sig, Rock Island, Grand Power.

Maybe. Not for plinking unless you want to toss .40 in it.
>best
Glocks, 1911's, Sig P220. Steel Witness is fine.
The round itself isn't tough to find. I have no idea how hard it is to get an mp10 clone anymore.

Is it worth it? Wtf kind of question is that? Is 9mm worth it? What pistol caliber is worth what exactly?

>yes
>glock 20/40, sig p220, colt delta elite
>don't cheap out on a clone of anything
>no its getting more popular

>steel tang
Don't. I know this from experience, steel doesn't handle 10mm that well, polymer flexes and lasts longer, steel cracks.

what's the biggest advantage 10mm has?

From what I hear on Jow Forums, you can kill bears

Sky high muzzle energy for production automatic handguns (Deagle doesn't count- 700 to 800 ft lbs from a 5" barrel). Tons of penetration with hardcast anti-bear rounds. You can hunt medium game pretty comfortably with it (Deer) and you can shoot 40 for cheap.

So the hole shooting 40 out of a 10mm, do you need a different firing pin for most guns? Wouldn't the standard firing pin be too short?

Extreme versatility. You can load hot .40 S&W for plinking or even self defense, all the way up to bearfucker 9000 rounds. .40 S&W was done simply for gun companies to sell guns in 9mm frames.

No, buy something in .45 Super or .460 Rowland which are superior calibers.

No, the firing pin is just fine, it's just that the round is headspaced off the extractor, and not the chamber.

How do you find an original HK in america?

Interesting, how convenient

And you're one barrel swap away from 9x25 Dillon

Attached: 9x25 Dillon.jpg (2350x3426, 1.42M)

Yes it is worth it

Attached: D3F46951-D728-4CE1-8E2A-410CFC2618A0.jpg (300x225, 8K)

Both 10mm and .40 headspace off the case head, in a 10mm chamber a .40 will shoot just fine, even accuracy won't be affected. But caution is advised, make sure your extractor is in good condition, and be sure to clean the chamber after, think steel case in a AR15, the 1mm of chamber will get dirty and cause 10mm rounds to "stick" in the chamber.

>be sure to clean the chamber after, think steel case in a AR15, the 1mm of chamber will get dirty and cause 10mm rounds to "stick" in the chamber.
fuddlore
meme

Its worth it

youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ

Check out the Underwood test around 4 minutes in this video.

>fuddlore
>information that disagrees with my pre conceived notions, often from sources that have been involved with said topic for longer than I've been alive
Fucking zoomers, day of the SAM when?

SAM?
steel case doesn't make an AR chamber sticky dumbass, this has been covered before

No. It's too expensive. Just use 9mm or .45 ACP.

>doesn't know what a SAM is
Holy fucking shit newfag, lurk fucking more.
>steel
Not because of any lacquer or other bullshit, it's because steel doesn't expand like brass does, and due to this there is leakage from the case, blowing hot carbon back into the chamber. If you shoot brass immediately after, even after 30 or so rounds of steel, you'll often have failures to extract or eject, the worst case (heh) scenario would be a sheared rim. The brass expands to seal the chamber, and the carbon sticks to the brass, acting like a glue.

[citation needed]

bringing up the problem that firing .40 out of a 10mm is murder on the extractor and ejector.

I don't recommend doing it. just buy the cheapest 10mm you can find.

I've been on Jow Forums longer than you have and never heard "SAM" before.
Steel case does not make brass stick.

Attached: fitelight.png (262x187, 23K)

That makes me want Underwood in 220.

Attached: IMG_3260.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

You can't get much better than this.
theboxotruth.com/educational-zone-18-shooting-wolf-steel-cased-ammo-in-an-ar15/
>I've been on Jow Forums longer
No, you haven't.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-to-air_missile
Furthermore you don't even know what one of the most known acronyms in military aviation, on the fucking Jow Forums board no less.

Dumbass

Its FUN to plink with though

1 shot of 10mm is as fun as 4 shots of 9mm

Glock 40 master race

You have bullet weights that go from 60 to 230 grains, with corresponding velocities of 2600 fps to 1100 fps.

This massive amount of variation means that you can find a load for almost anything youd want to do with a handgun.

For self defense against typical dindus theres a plethora of 155 to 200 grain hollowpoints.

Another area where 10mm shines is handgun hunting.

For Small game: 10mm is the only autoloading pistol round that I can think of which has bonafide varmint grenade rounds (liberty civil defense 60 grain rounds). 135 grain hollowpoints would be good for coyotes and the like.

Medium game: Heavier bonded soft points and hollowpoints in the 165-200 grain range make excellent deer slaying rounds. Theres lots of good solid copper options too, like the extreme hunter or penetrator, if you dont feel like eating lead.

Large game: Many, many companies load hardcast lead rounds in the 220 grain range, amongst the hotter loaded rounds you can expect 6+ feet of tissue penetration. While I'd reserve hunting large game for a big bore rifles, there have been many documented african hunts where a hunter used 10mm to kill everything from large warthogs, to waterbuffalo, black bear, and even coastal brown bear. It has the penetration needed for the job. 10mm lehigh extreme penetrators dont have the penetration of hardcast lead but they still go in a little under 3 feet and open up an inch and a half wide permanent cavity.

Additionally, The magnum power and large case capacity of 10mm means that certain projectiles which wouldnt be effective in a lesser autoloading caliber are viable.

Examples include all copper projectiles (like lehigh extreme penetrators, solid copper hollowpoints, etc), which need more case volume as a result of being far less dense then lead bullets. For example, .40 sw 140 grain extreme penetrators must be loaded very cold due to pressure concerns from the lack of case space.

Another example is Superfast projectiles, such as liberty civil defense rounds, extreme defenders, etc. Due to reaching 2000+ fps the temporary cavities of these rounds are actually somewhat permanent, tearing flesh instead of allowing it to snap back into shape.

Glaser safety slugs and other frangible rounds become viable in terms of penetration and total wound creation when you impart them with 700-800 ft lbs of energy, while they still wont go through much dry wall or nearly any steel or wood.

Hell even rip ammo in its 10mm form gets 12 inches of penetration and becomes a lethal (if laughable) option.

Btw, You have 7+ 10mm options that will blow through level 3a body armor. I tested some 100 grain extreme defenders by underwood, and some 60 grain liberty civil defense rounds. Both blew straight through and completely destroyed several water jugs on the other side.

Attached: 20190101_153049.jpg (4032x3024, 3.84M)

how the fuck did "surface to air missle" have anything to do with our conversation you fuck

what makes it so perfect Jow Forums?

Attached: 890.jpg (1600x1032, 151K)

.45 super isnt even real, its an esoteric wildcat for old fudds that tries and fails to emulate 10mm. Its literally made by like 2 ammo loaders, who wank off its power by using 6 inch longslide test guns, and it's still shit compared to 10mm from a number perspective

You have no choice in ammo variety, all you get are solid copper / lead projectiles in the 185-255 grain range (with a single 120 grain lehigh bullet that tumbles instead of properly doing its job because it's too short youtu.be/jhv0LbhNigk) .45 super hollowpoints use projectiles meant for normal .45 acp speeds, which means they will frag themselves instead of reliably expanding.

Nobody makes guns in .45 super, and all of your 1911, hk, and glock conversions are going to shoot themselves apart.

Its 45 acp +p+, but people like to larp as if it's some incredible 10mm killer because it can throw bullets that are 25 grains heavier (and 200 fps slower).

The one thing it has over a caliber like 10mm is diameter, but this has the direct effect lowering your capacity, and making your guns big, which equals out this advantage somewhat. 10mm has some loads that can expand to an inch if that's what you want.
youtu.be/YRkKoe3g9lA
youtu.be/Y8Q6bEMJHpY

.460 rowland is 45 super +p, with the downside of now needing a whole new gun.

You nigger

Everything

You're not too bright are you?
>zoomer
Gen Z, the anal cancer that is killing both good video games and Jow Forums.
>zoomer(s)
Is slang for fast moving aircraft, often by grunts.
>day of the SAM
The day where all zoomers get fucking rekt by admin.
>being this assmad
Awww, it's ok go get mummy to make some tendies, you'll feel better.

Attached: Nv4CsfO_d.jpg (491x491, 35K)

>posting shit memes
Git, this is a hasguns thread.

Attached: angry-terminator-rages-in-the-fire-with-an-evil-stare.gif (500x227, 817K)

Attached: 8fa.jpg (600x761, 56K)

Dont forget 10mm Ruger Redhawk, Hi-Point carbine and a T/C ProHunter pistol or carbine. 10mm has options.

>10mm has options.
Absolutely. Here's a short list, it's not complete but it's a few 10mms.

American Derringer 10mm
AMT (Automag IV, Javelina)
Armalon PC
Auto Ordnance 1911 & 1927-A1 Tommy Gun 10mm
Bond Arms 10mm
Bren Ten (Standard, Military & Police, Dual Master, Special Forces Dark & Light, Jeff Cooper, Pocket Model)
Colt Delta (Elite, Gold Cup)
CZ/Dan Wesson Razorback
D MAX Industries 10mm
Dan Wesson (Bruin, Silverback)
EAA (see Tangfolio)
Fusion Arms 1911 style 10mm
Glock (G20, G29, G40)
Grand Power P40
Heckler & Koch (H&K) MP5/10 A3
KIMBER Eclipse Custom II
Korriphila II / Minigun PP-10 (by Edgar Budischowsky)
Korth 10mm
KRISS Vector 10mm
LAR Grizzly
Mechtech Conversion 10mm
Nighthawk
Olympic Arm AR 10mm
PARA Elite LS Hunter
Para Ordnance P16-10
Republic Forge
RMW AR 10mm
Rock Island Armory (Pro Match Ultra, Rock Ultra, TAC Ultra)
Ruger 10mm/38-40 (Roy Rogers Museum)
Ruger Buckeye 10mm
Ruger GP100 10mm
SIG Sauer P220 10mm Auto
Smith & Wesson (Mod. 1006, Mod. 1026, Mod. 1046, Mod. 1066, Mod. 1076, Mod. 1086, Mod. 610)
Sphinx 10mm
Springfield Armory (Omega-Match, Linkless)
Star Megastar
STI Perfect 10mm
Tanfoglio (Stock I/II/III, Match, Hunter, Limited, Limited Pro, Polymer, Xtreme), Imported by EAA
The Laser Aim 10mm
Thompson Center Arms Contender
Thureon Defense 10mm
Tony Rumore's M1 Carbine 10mm
Wilson Combat
Wyoming Arms Parker Model (3 types)

100µm a best

The best

Attached: 10mm.png (1750x1100, 1.37M)

450 SMC or gtfo

pistol stopping power is a myth, shot placement is key, 9mm is king, 10mm is meme

I shoot steel case when training and brass in competitions for improved accuracy and I have never noticed any sticking problems in my AR.
Carbon is a dry lubricant and many delayed blowback rifles use fluted chambers to aid in extraction.

I could believe this. I shot a shit ton of .380 in my 92FS and when I started shooting it like normal, I'd have about 1 in 40 rounds fail to extract because it was stuck in the chamber. I cleaned it afterwards and it has been good to go

Penetration and expansion are not memes, especially against body armor large animals

If the grizzlies are now wearing armor I think we're all boned.

Good thing I have a Glock 40 then which has 10mm ft. lbs. with 9mm capacity, you absolute manlet.

>which has 10mm ft. lbs.
noguns detected.

I meant to say body armor / large animals

10mm would still be a usable option against a bear wearing 3a armor.

Baste

Keep crying, manlet.

>Get the poly Witness instead
It feels like holding on to a wet noodle when you fire it. The poly ones actually are garbage.

that is a funny way of saying 9x25

>literally two people on Earth who shoot it
.45 GAP is less of a meme.

>If the grizzlies are now wearing armor I think we're all boned.

We need something to stop those armored bears from raping our churches and burning our women.

>9x25
Shit meme cartridge.

>Is it worth it?
Yes.
>Best 10mm pistols?
Glock 40. Haven't tried SIG 220 yet.
>Mp5 10mm clone?
I'm sure they're out there. I like Vectors more.
>Is it too hard to find?
It's on Luckygunner. If it's at your LGS, pick some up.

9x25 - 147gr; 6" 1,495 fps - 730 ft lbs. This is claimed by DoubleTap Ammunition.
.357 Magnum - 140gr; 6" 1580 fps - 775 ft lbs. This is from Ballistics by the Inch (BBTI).
10mm - 180gr; 6" 1428 FPS - 814 ft lbs - BBTI.

It's an obscure wildcat cartridge, but I wouldn't call it shitty because it's almost like having 15 rounds of .357 Magnum. Almost.

What's the cheapest gun in 10mm that won't blow itself apart?

One of the derringers probably

>ejector
How? That doesn't even make any sense.

9x25 is kinda just worse then 10mm

It's a good meme for replicating rifle performance from a handgun I guess

10mm MP5s have a bolt hold open device, which I think is pretty cool.

Attached: vwpvyli7fwpz.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

gmriflebarrel.com/40-blank-40-cal-10mm-20-x-1-gunsmith-edition-raw-barrel-blank/
27/64 reamer
1" pipe and miscellaneous parts as per pic related

Attached: The_Four_Winds_Shotgun.gif (720x2304, 394K)

10mm tops out at 975 ft lbs, .357 tops out at ~900 foot lbs

10mm is more powerful and more versatile

>9x25 - 147gr; 6" 1,495 fps - 730 ft lbs. This is claimed by DoubleTap Ammunition.
This is an advertiser's claim, not a real source, for that matter doubletap numbers are infamous for being "optimistic". Googling around shows most people reporting around 1350fps or so without getting significant pressure signs. For comparison .357 magnum can get 1500fps with a 158gr bullet.
>but I wouldn't call it shitty because it's almost like having 15 rounds of .357 Magnum.
Personally i would because just about any testing i've seen has shown it to have less than 100fps advantage over .357 sig with comparable loads and barrel lengths. That gap in performance is miniscule and not worth the drastic difference in market support and moderate difference in size efficiency.

Fuck you’re seriously oozing autism out of every pore.

>autism
Do you know where the fuck you are posting at?

If no one uses it then it is, by definition, the very opposite of a meme

ye but what's some good CCW 10mm's?

Attached: 1538857413426.png (349x257, 124K)

>zoomer(s)
>Is slang for fast moving aircraft, often by grunts.
What are you? Never served or an ASVAB waiver? Not even the crayon eaters call jets anything stupid like that.
T. Marine

>Is it worth it?
everyone will say you have a little dick behind your back

Attached: IMG_1008.jpg (250x334, 8K)

Yeah. Theres no reason not to just shoot 10mm and be done with it.

Glock 29, for w

>zoomies
>slang for air force
And you think that the word "zoomer" isn't used for "fast movers"? Fuck off you stolen valor bitch, before I make my OKC tickle your spinal cord.

long boi g40 with extendos and rmr

Get back in line for Starbucks