Military Parades

What countries have the best and worst drill?

My choice: UK
>god tier aesthetics
>excellent marches
>long tradition, excellent variety
>pipes and drums, most martial of all instruments
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7R2MBkqlk

Runner up: Germany
>top tier marches
>hugo boss aesthetic that somehow survived denazification
>stahlhelms
youtube.com/watch?v=6FPmvX0BGuQ

Honorable mentions:
Italy for this
youtube.com/watch?v=-N9NiEH9-vg&t=
Russians/Chinks/Norks
Impressive in scale and the Russians got some good marches but aesthetically bland unless you're some tankie

Worst: USA
>hideous uniforms
>low energy
>no memorable marches besides yellow rose of Texas and battle hymn of the republic
>no tradition
>shit coordination
>50% swarthoid
Sad!
youtube.com/watch?v=unHaJLuFNfA

Attached: 1548804639921.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cajPla9O_wM
youtube.com/watch?v=popbL1JuGqM
youtube.com/watch?v=ASViZeNnEk0
youtube.com/watch?v=VrB-8RaRotM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no tradition
Shut the fuck moron, no country in the world had military tradition until America showed the world what it means to have a powerful and respected military.

youtu.be/cajPla9O_wM

Don't forget this as one of the bong parades: youtube.com/watch?v=popbL1JuGqM

Genuinely one of the best bits of drill I've ever seen. Especially the part where they have to turn a very sharp corner.

Well, speaking as an Australian. Ours is pretty shit. At least, on remembrance day over here in Melbourne.

Where a lot of it is the old blokes who served in places like Vietnam war, and looking like straight up stolen valor characters out of YouTube. You'll see lots of people wearing suits with black tinted glasses.

islamic state

Attached: Islamic-State-RTX170UI.jpg (600x338, 75K)

>UK
a joke of exaggerated stereotypes
>Germany
literally cucked, persecuted each time they air one of their better songs

>USA
would be great, artillery march and Stars and Stripes Forever are god-tier, but the US doesn't have a nice place to march (OP pic related)

The Holy Trinity of military parades:
>Russia
>China
>India

Honorable mentions
>North Korea
>most 'dictatorial' regimes

Lmao

If your military parade is based on showing off your equipment you're an embarrassment of a country.

What is: Prussia

The Chinese are androids.

Attached: fembots.gif (400x220, 3.08M)

If you think that british parade in OP's link is anything but a collection of jesters stomping in place like mongs, there's nothing to discuss with you

Chile deserves mention
youtube.com/watch?v=ASViZeNnEk0

If you think that a military parade requires anything but "a collection of jesters stomping in place" there's nothing to discuss.
Imagine being so afraid of your population that you have to parade the entirety of your military might through the streets every week to keep them in check.

>Imagine being so afraid of your population that you have to parade the entirety of your military might through the streets every week to keep them in check.
Your mentality is very "us vs them". Military parades are meant to show pride and strength of the people to the people, not the power of the "state" to its "subjects".
I guess you lose the view that the military represents YOU when basic 2-year service is not a standard in your country.

you have a huge amount of faith in your state, where are you from?

I'm not doxxing myself, but let's say somewhere in Central Europe

>Wasting money on showing off your military's special autistic dance off

>Saying what country you live in is doxxing yourself
breh

>being such a poorfag country that you can't afford some ceremonial dress and instruments

>America
>poorfag
Sure bud. It's a waste of time, money, and training.

Italy
youtube.com/watch?v=VrB-8RaRotM

>increasing unit identity and coordination
>maintaining traditions
>improving military-public relations
How are any of these things wastes of money or time

was that a fucking car alarm

Attached: 1499190702877.jpg (466x292, 30K)

> giving a shit about pageantry
Literally means nothing. The soviets were the best at parades, but you don’t see them marching around anymore now do you?

Attached: 52D74A3D-14D0-4C76-B8F4-85F0E15CA320.gif (294x232, 623K)

I see you’ve never had to march. It’s a waste of time and energy for everyone involved. It just impresses the onlookers and the people so high in rank that they forgot how annoying marches are

>seething
Must suck when your country has no history and no culture

Attached: 1528585049908.jpg (250x251, 31K)