How would Jow Forums design a better and more functional ODST battleplate?

How would Jow Forums design a better and more functional ODST battleplate?

Attached: ODST_Helljumper.png (244x600, 59K)

Given how that thing is essentially a short term space suit with high quality armor on it, at best all it needs are some magazine pouches treated to be heat resistant.

It's just a good suit of armor.

>Magazine pouches
The whole of Humanity BTFO because ODST's and Spartans can only have 1 magazine

Sup.

Attached: Halo3MC.png (820x1640, 915K)

Add spikes and cool neon lights, maybe a subwoofer

Spray paint a punisher skull on it.

Dragon dildo spikes

Need some spinning and glowing shit so it looks more advanced

Attached: 556px-AggressorMarine.jpg (556x600, 119K)

That shit looks practical as fuck

Despite being a crazy setting Halo is surprisingly grounded when it comes to the UNSC.

Attached: Contact_Harvest.png (1640x1080, 2.6M)

fpbp

Attached: 1530270383031.jpg (477x720, 65K)

>YWN be dropped from low orbit to wreck some poor innies day

Attached: 1538677318020.jpg (750x1065, 149K)

the armor is hyper focused on the shoulders and upper chest because a single shot is enough to melt the fuck out of your armor if it isn't really thick.

Bullshit, it just teaches them the essentials of conserving ammo and CQC combat.

You'd think it'd all be about protecting you from Needler shrapnel. Those things would be terrifying.

Everyone always talks about fighting the government until Halo comes up, then they fucking love centralized urban governments telling rural frontiersmen how to live their lives

>How would Jow Forums design a better and more functional ODST battleplate?

probably just drop the giant boots and vambraces, even though it'd ruin the lines.

getting hit with a baseball-sized round of encapsulated plasma probably would wreck your day pretty bad, I imagine UNSC armor early on was more ballistics based with later designs switching to being more heat ablative vs kinetic

>Once fired, a needle will seek its target until impact, entering the victim's body violently. After several seconds, the contents of the crystalline shard will detonate; injuries inflicted from the exploding shard are gruesome, as microscopic pieces of shrapnel can become embedded in tissue.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: warped pepe.png (84x84, 18K)

>tfw UNSC corpsman
>crawling over to a hit marine, his chest is blown open and covered in a glowing pink powder
>it's not powder, it's the most fucked up coating of razor sharp ass alien fiber-glass splinters, he's so shredded up inside that he's losing blood like it was being poured out of a bag
>he's dead before I can even call a chaplain

This. I've always wondered why they have no extra magazines or pretty much any other supplies.

most fictional armor at the time was DUDE POUCHS LMAO, Halo came along and was not covered in pouches. Chief still had some in 1 though

Because it’s a fantasy setting?

there's also pouchs in reach, I think older UNSC armor had it and newer armor uses internal stocks
>tfw you get hit by a round of plasma that cooks all the ammo you've got stored on you off

Imagine the amount of human/covenant surplus after the war

The original Mjolnir armor from Halo 1 had like a fanny belt of pouches.

Attached: 450px-Still_01[1].jpg (450x600, 39K)

>mfw 2557 Jow Forums
>mfw bubba'd out covenant weapons
>wood furniture BRs and ARs
>that poster who still claims the Mosin is better than all modern weapons despite being almost a thousand years old

I wonder how someone would sporterize this?

Attached: 2913B9CA-2579-4D42-88A4-5827C25658C8.jpg (377x134, 7K)

it takes alot of resources to render pouches and shit

>tfw marine in in 2552
>pinned down by elites, position about to be overrun
>Suddenly spot a Spartan sprinting towards us
>FUCK YEAH
>he walks right over to my buddy with the rocket launcher, effortlessly takes it out of his hands and slaps a plasma pistol against his chest
>buddy smarts off about it
>the spartan literally punchs his entire head out of existance
>starts teabagging the corpse as high pressure blood spews out
>starts punching the body causing more ruptures, his fists go through him like he's not even there
>turns and faces me, I become aware again of the sniper rifle I'm holding

Attached: jazz[1].jpg (800x450, 74K)

imagine that but with the optic hacksawed off and replaced with whatever the 2552 version of a walmart scope is, also the stock gets cut off too and replaced with a Br-55 stock to look more tactical

also gains a silencer, 30 pounds of attachments and laser optics all drilled on with wood screws becuase no rails

Attached: 78532717-5006-436E-ABD5-3CAA09E35CFA.jpg (326x326, 18K)

Bubba be like

Attached: 8AA5F9A3-3D0D-4A2D-9D1F-961173B28044.jpg (293x255, 23K)

>gets repainted grey to be more "Tactical"
>someone welds an extra grip onto the barrel

As much as I love Halo, the lack of ammo pouches always triggered me. Armor is fine the way it is, they just lack pouches

Attached: 1057140175.png (1440x1790, 3.33M)

> I sure am glad I put all these extra pouchs onto my armor
>gets hit by a single plasma pistol round causing both grenades and all his ammo to cook off violently

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

that's because covenant weapons are better in just about every way, so you may as well just use up your magazine and grab the first covenant plasma pistol/rifle you can get your hands on.

Innies need more love desu, if it weren't for the war against the Covenant every Jow Forumsommando would be siding with them

Attached: HM-NewBlood.png (1500x652, 1002K)

ODST armor is super aesthetic, it's like this perfect blend of tactical and futuristic. It really does look like something people would actually issue and WEAR, rather than something that just LOOKS cool.

requesting a shoop fag to make this

tbf ODSTs are fucking cool
I know what you mean though

>tfw at harvest
>tfw never seen a needler or a grunt before
>tfw you friend, who you were at boot with, takes a needler to his thigh
>tfw you try to yank it out as he panics
>tfw it pops in your hands
>tfw it showers his face with jagged ayy glass splinters
>tfw you just feel heat around your forearms and warm water on your face
>tfw you wipe your blood face on your sleeve and look down and see you hand has been split open like a banana peel and the pain is steadily burning
>tfw your friend is holding his eyes oh god why is he screaming like that please make it stop please what did I do wrong
>tfw you're only able to see because your hands ate it all
>tfw you'll never use them again

Dont forget the UNSC were the big bad guys in the setting until the covenant showed up and turned out to be even bigger badder guys

>Tfw at Harvest
>buddy takes a hit from a fully charged Plasma Pistol
>completely fucking cooks him from the inside out
>it's the worst burnt meat smell I've ever fucking smelled
>He's pale and discolored, I can see every vein in his body that flashed boiling for just a second cooking him completely evenly

>tfw
>TFW

I SAAAAAAAID >TFW!

doesn't post a pic of 2d loli.

iirc it's a legitimate issue that many covenant units took to piracy and shit, and now you have these pirate groups running around with massive armories of plasma torpedoes and stuff.

shorter barrel to SPREAD the radioactive gas MORE.

Blame the limited hardware. An OG xbox can only render so much. That and the UNSC Marines were clearly designed in the vein of the Colonial Marines from ALIENS, who had much less in the way of pouches and kit than actual modern soldiers who have straps and buckles every 4 inches.

as an unabashed fa/tg/uy I've longed to run a campaign set on an innie world during the early phase of the Covenant-Human war where no one knows about the covenant yet, so the players get to fight as innies until the real invasion begins.

>new blood
Rookie deserved better

Attached: 1488335927924.jpg (2560x1600, 1.17M)

This is also why grunts and jackals don't have microwave ovens in their home. They take their food outside and shoot at it to practice marksmenship. That's why they get fatter on legendary--they are better shots and get more cooked food.

>they spend literally weeks picking every single shard out of you with tweesers
>you go though 5 times the amount of blood you have in your body through transfusions
>it was impossible to remove all of them so now you live permanently with internal needler splinters every time you move

Never let Karen Traviss write your heroes.

fuck that at that point just give me robot hands, could you imagine the physical therapy you'd have to go through for a needler round

Integrate the armor into them

Attached: skitarii.jpg (462x1106, 177K)

I have no doubt in my mind that some faggot ODST did that unironically during the insurrection.

>a needler round
>no one has mentioned what happens when someone gets hit by a super combine yet

Attached: chrome_2019-01-30_15-30-07.png (212x240, 110K)

You explode bro, its like swalling an m67

>all the marines that got hit in the face with these

Attached: chrome_2019-01-30_15-37-22.png (217x198, 75K)

Holy shit that campaign sounds mega fucking cash oh dear god

While we're on the topic of Halo, is having your weapon reticle linked to a hud actually practical? I feel like it'll be more cumbersome. Or would being able to aim your weapon without looking down the sights be game changing?

Attached: ih_ODST_01.jpg (1143x1600, 176K)

With the kind of gear the Halo universe troops have it seems to work pretty well, not sure if currently existing real technology could achieve the same results though.

Don't worry, he did.

Attached: b931e090259adb6b3b486c1fb25efd30.jpg (756x800, 96K)

It’d be extremely useful for close range combat and unless it also displays range and automatically zeroes, completely useless in mid-long range combat.

My dream game is to have an Ghost Recon style ODST game. You pick your loadout and squadmates before each mission and get to decide where you'll be dropping on each map. You carry out your mission how you see fit. Beginning of game is figniting innies and then halfway through the game you meet Covies and the game takes huge difficulty spike as a single plasma hit can kill you

Attached: 492mf01.jpg (1499x843, 407K)

only if it's Ghost Recon 1/Island Thunder style ghost recon

>Yfw a 9 foot screaming alien gorilla runs down your buddy with a motorized industrial grinder and paints the immediate area with him
>And it was originally built as an agricultural gift

dont forget that brutes eat humans too

>some fuckhuge worm alien with some kind of plasma flame thrower bursts through a wall like its tissue paper
>starts charging up some weird gun attached to its arm
>your buddy pushes you out of the way just in time
>the worst pain you’ve felt in your life shoots up your leg
>without missing a beat, a corpsman grabs your vest and starts dragging you away
>the only thing left of your buddy is his charred legs below the knee and his boots
>you’re missing your right leg from above the knee and down
>the worm fucker vaporizes three more of your squad mates before somebody with a “spanker” finally takes it down
>yfw

A hunters shield is the size of a small car and can instant kill a spartan, I wonder how far you'd fly if you got slapped by one

Good thing Banshees appear to be shit at AA combat,or humanity would be fucked. How many covenant are there? Can we Zeg rush them? Or do they outnumber humanity?

>realize that any sort of human-sized armor plating is practically useless against Covenant weaponry
>replace hard armor with IIIA soft armor to protect against shrapnel
>throw in EVA-capable undersuit to fulfill ODST needs

Attached: Solid_Snake_(GOTP).jpg (697x1580, 193K)

There are definitely a lot more of them, they have a galaxy-spanning empire that we never get to see, the halo games only take place in human-occupied space

My guess is anywhere from 20-100 yards depending on whether or not they do that charge and spin bash or just a backhand with no other kind of momentum behind it.

The only reason why hunters can’t fuck up CAS is because of their fuel rod cannons. If they had a fuckhuge needler like in that one Combat Evolved mod, even Pelicans would be fucked. As soon as the covies start invading cities, the defense just became a retreat as the rest of the invasion fleet has probably exited slipspace in orbit. You’d best start running.

>TFW
that feel when
>MFW
My Face when

lurk more, faggot

>skitarii
you are like a little baby

Attached: grimdarkness upon grimdarkness.png (1600x1432, 3.58M)

You wouldn't. You'd be turned to pulp on the spot.

Just toss a chest rig on top of all that shit, with the main chest plate on top
Reach ODST is fucking GOAT with just a few additions like some kind of chest rig for a few extra mag pouches

welcome to pre 343
dont even look at anything after reach

Attached: ass.png (1209x1080, 1.3M)

how much can we cut off?

Attached: 4MiGOvp.png (409x151, 35K)

well all of your bones would fucking explode, which might mess up your momentum as I'm sure your skin will pop like a water balloon thanks to the 6-9" ridges on their shields and sharp edges from the last time someone trained a warthogs cannon on it, so you might not have the momentum or be solid enough to go as far as you'd think
probably comes down to how well your clothes hold you together

Reach had th best ODST design. I need to replay it.

Congratulations, now you can’t load the fucking thing.

>ship getting boarded, running to armory to hopefully keep the filthy aliens away from me until someone blows the ship up and I can die like a man
>turn the corner to see a hairy blood soaked alien with a hammer the size of my torso standing in a pool of blood and scattered mangled bodies
>behind him you can see someones legs sticking out from the armory door with a huge bootprint on it, slamming it nearly shut and compressing his entire chest down to like 4 inches shoulder to shoulder
>relief as you feel the hull beginning to vibrate under your feet and the windows fill with white light as the ships engines go up

I fucking loved the collar, the way it fit flush to the helmet made me feel like as you were dropping in it would pressurize a little ring around your neck to basically lock your helmet into place and immobilize your neck joint
>you will never stack up outside of some innie compound with a bunch of ODSTs after dropping into the rainforest a week ago
>kicking in the door and moving to a corner and taking a hit to that angled part on the shoulder pad and deflecting a round like a fucking tank before dumping 40 rounds of caseless 5x23 into his chest at such a high ROF you were done shooting before your shoulder plate stopped ringing from the ricochet
muh dik

>Highly mobile
>Well protected
>Can be made from prisoners
>Advanced sensor capabilities
>Extremely powerful weapons that do absolutely horrifying things to the enemy
>Radiation emitter pulls the targets cells apart while boiling them
>Anti-photon beam shreds the toughest armor while producing a horrible screaming sound
>Good old fashion melta, plasma, and multi-lasers

Attached: 1548224381133.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Excellent for boarding actions and lightning strikes.

Gundam style helmets like 343 did to spartans

Look at all that gear. Realistically how much do you think that weighs? For taking place 500 years in the future there's a ton of dumb things in Halo like regular infantry not having some sort of leg exoskeleton to help carry shit.

Attached: mfc-k-srd-1-h-2.jpg.pc-adaptive.1280.medium.jpg (1251x1125, 214K)

I always enjoyed the great irony in WH40K that "humans" who spent so much time in perpetual war against the "xeno" themselves became inhuman by modifying themselves so much as to barely have any shred of humanity left.

Most of those who heavily modify themselves usually do so because their religion promotes it as a means to get closer to their god and to reject the weakness in flesh. They'd do it whether at war or not, but the thallax itself is just another weapon and isn't something someone chooses.

Attached: 1543524306666.jpg (1280x1804, 500K)

Attached: 1547271082917.png (600x620, 150K)

If you run that campaign for the love of god I want in.

You'd probably just get bent around it like a car hitting a particularly tough tree at high speed.

In the horus heresy theres a decent amount of navel gazing amongst the legions about what exactly the space marines will even do once the crusade is over. I mean, the ultramarines and imperial fists could integrate into society as super-managers, but what the fuck do you do with the world eaters, death guard, or even the sons of horus?

Yeah, remove shoulders and shin plates, armour thighs instead.
Add gorget.
Done.

make them super arbites?

I've always thought thallax nailed the 40k aesthetic. Its huge, its baroque, it'll wreck your shit, and its controlled by a lobotomised human brain, because it's cheaper and safer to let a lobotomised brain die of agonising radiation poisoning than develop robots.

>World Eaters
>Super arbites
I guess, if you want the whole city block murdered with an ax if anyone jaywalks.

>navel gazing

Attached: stufftoblowyourmind-23-2014-02-navel.jpg (907x529, 47K)

now that's what I'm fuckin talkin about

She poisons everything she touches.