The future is now old man

The future is now old man.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/shot-2019-steiner-cqt-thermal-overlaid-reflex-day-sight/

Attached: IMG_2431-768x576.jpg (768x576, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tnvc.com/shop/anpas-29a-coti/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That shit looks like VATS from fallout. I want it.

Imagine the price.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (450x450, 56K)

HOLY FUCK. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. DO I NEED A LOAN? REFINANCE MY HOUSE? SELL MY CAR? I'll DO ANYTHING.

It costs four hundred thousand dollars.

Attached: thatsheavyshit.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

holy fukken sheeit that better not be a mock-up

If you suck my dick and be my personal sex slave for a year I'll buy it for you. I'll make accommodations in my closet and you will only have access to a laptop to entertain yourself.

gun owners have wanted focus peaking for years

Attached: 1509537859906.jpg (926x515, 57K)

Wait.
Because of this^, make it 10 years of slavery.

E Sign here with your reply to begin arrangements.

>COTI are not cheap. On TNVC they go for $6,800. And while you can use them independently you should really use them with NODs (Night Observation Devices) so you can aim and shoot while seeing the thermal image. So add another $3,000 for a PVS-14 and you can see people in the dark.
>The CQT costs about $9,000 USD.

For a year? Any minimum wage person can save up in that time frame to get one.

>police room clearing with this at night
>see outline of person
>do coin flip to determine if they're good or bad
We've made night vision irrelevant, this is the future.

If they are all black you can shoot all of them, right?

Attached: 1479837188100.jpg (552x333, 32K)

I want a coti for my pvs14 so fucking bad. Even if I sell my pvs7s I'm still looking at fucking $5000 for a toy.

I'd much rather have the night vision thermal combo than this site though, infinitely more useful.

If this was $4000 I'd buy it, probably.

Kek

That’s... actually not quite as bad as I was expecting...

Deal. Just know I shit a lot

Wut am I looking at..
Alright you stupid larper faggot kids
That thermal looks low res and is using the "edge" mode which only outlines targets and is not valid for PID since my top level thermal scope won't turn on a reticle in that mode, so you'd have to use you wittle weeeapon light to see what you are shooting at at 25 yards or what the fuck it's range is
Overpriced crapfire

If you bothered to read the article you would know it has both modes available.

It's not meant for prolonged observation and ID, it's meant for low light conditions with quick target acusition you triple niggar.

fuck me we need more pictures and videos of that thing in action right now

now I think I was born too early cause it's gonna take at least 20 years for this shit to get really practical

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO LINK THIS SHIT UP WITH VR HEADSETS FOR FULL AR HUDS
FUCK
TIME TO CYBERHANG MYSELF

Attached: Gravitational_Beam_Emitter.png (1000x442, 772K)

left out about 70k.

>VATS from fallout

shut the fuck up and take my money!

Attached: 1359855113621.jpg (408x392, 53K)

>Terminator vision
IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: TERMINATOR.jpg (640x360, 47K)

Pic related is already being fielded.

Let's try that image again

one more time?

deal

Looks like the COTI thermal imager clip-on.
You can attach them to most common nods for the thermal outline functionality.
Been around for a bit.

Attached: r.jpg (869x2654, 987K)

Goddamn, now richfags can play ODST in their house

Attached: images.jpg (200x195, 7K)

>all of this crazy green bull shit cluttering my sight picture

Not even ever.

Clip on coti for pvs14 are not 70k

A normal thermal scope can cost that much, and with this setup you get NV and fucking VATS, albeit with no magnification. That seems like a sweet deal. I wonder how well it works with a magnifier.

Right? I've seen thermal scopes alone retail for like $6000.

Is 2019 going to be the year of functional sci-fi guns?

Attached: radetec4-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

If I got a thermal monocular and put it on my left eye, and aimed with my right + a red dot, would my brain overlay the two images?
Or, could you use the breach as a clip on?

I'd really don't want to pay $8k for a SkeetIR.

Yeah, but then how much would I have to pay you for that *and* the scope?

A flip-up 3x behind the scope would work.

This is Jow Forums you could just ask someone to be your sex slave, and someone would say yes.

>tfw you could probably do this with a phone app for way cheaper

i hate how miniature electronics are so advanced yet also reasonable EXCEPT for when said electronics are for guns.

Fuck, I sure hope so.

Seeing as this is the de facto spacegun thread, let’s get some reccomendations going. I’ve already got my slavshit rifle, basic AR, boring 9mm pistol and a few WW2 surp pistols, looking to get into the spacegun game. Where’s a good place to start?

Nightvision. There is no spacegun really, just slightly different form factors that never got adopted. Nightvision and good glass are the only meaningful firearm improvements of the last 50 years.

oh shit, we predator now

Dual spaceguns. .300 blackout short barrel for close range raids, 6.5 18" for DMR.

You forget this is Jow Forums, where 90% of the people here either live off neet bux or work at RadioShack part time.

Someone post that sex slave that lives under user's bed screenshot from Jow Forums

fuck, it's worth trying if you have a thermal mono already
occluded-eye sights are cool as shit

> just wait few years and it will have prise of dirt like laser sight
What a time to be alive. Small arms railguns when?

Attached: Screenshot2018-05-26-10-23-14.png (480x854, 427K)

Attached: 1532617523022.jpg (739x695, 111K)

Master poster

Made me kek. Good job.

Attached: 1496273485624.png (864x722, 264K)

They must be able to survive the recoil of guns, and the battery is an issue too

That or be powered by the recoil...

Where's your sense of ingenuity?

Attached: IMG_2503.jpg (1638x1586, 398K)

>Still doesn't have Wifi and bluetooth on their guns

This isn't replacing my old flame of g36 sights.

Attached: IMG_2370.jpg (650x650, 19K)

That would fuck up your depth perception... You'd have to train for ages to get used to this.

imagine the smell

>a sight that checks smell of the target and if it is nigger or curry or kebab gives you the greenlight
>no more need to ID the target, no giving away your position with a flashlight
>taking out targets silently from the shadows
Let the smellocaust begin.

Damn she's ugly

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Call of Duty equipment has always been a preview for things a few years ahead. Perhaps they talk with industry insiders a bit before including such things like "threat detector" optics in their games.

Yeah, no it wouldn't. When's the last time you used irons?

Attached: jfkvats.jpg (470x332, 32K)

Virgin.

Imagine display on a sort of universal rail while the base for said mount may be 3D printed for every handgun separately.

This?

Not really. The popularity of those thermal camera attachments for phones actually seemed to die out pretty quickly due to how companies release new models of phones that they'd need to ensure compatibility with every year. Also, the sensor this uses is no doubt significantly higher resolution along with the scope being significantly more rugged. The old thermal camera attachments were only something like 32x32 pixels where each pixel would cover about 20" at 50 yards.

No, they just look at what's actively available at the time and work out from there. I've been waiting for something like this to gain some level of popularity considering the ENVG that the US Army currently issues already does this, except with a night vision tube rather than a direct view sight and is only meant for use at night. Expanding this capability to normal day time use is just a logical next step.

Attached: ENVG-FWS-release-image.jpg (4800x2700, 1.83M)

terminator vision when?

Attached: nuf6y.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

Are there any pics of one of these on an ar

u niggas out of touch if you think this is new

Attached: DSNVG_6-1.jpg (1024x860, 707K)

Attached: Auto_Targeting.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

She’s making a face retard

what is this

Story?

That's expensive , but not 40k like the quad nvg

Turks fighting someone I can't remember

Very very soon

Attached: 1523670202951.jpg (645x773, 94K)

Fucking bits are flying off
What are they shooting then with? .50BMG?

but what system

a mounted 50 cal on a truck or humvee or something like that can't remember

These are NVGs. It is new when talking about a gun mounted sight.

I mean the program

you are a little enthusiastic of what you could get for PVS7s

>b-but muh guns will protect me

When you sabotage supply lines, power supply, and communications. Yes, they will.

>lrn2guerrillawarfare

Buy it here for 7k

tnvc.com/shop/anpas-29a-coti/

If you mean how they filmed it you can hook up a camera to thermal scopes and stream it.

It's fucking visr in real life. We ODST nao.

Attached: 1531378436964.jpg (511x560, 29K)

The outline turns green for good guys, and red for bad guys.

Cool but its unusable unless you are shooting at a person

top kek

What the hell else would I want t shoot at?

What's a good thermal scope?

Or any other warm blooded thing? How do you think it works and what do you think it does?
I'm genuinely curious how you got so confused.

You obviously haven't heard of the legend known as Carl Carwindows

Sorry mr. ATF I lost all my tempered glass panels in a tragic boating accident last month.

$9k is actually really cheap, and I suspect they will sharply drop in price shortly too. It looks better then the shitty inflated priced ITT hybrids imo too.
By contrast the pvs14 NVGs are around $4k and the PSQ is about 14k which is a hybrid NVG and thermal.
That being said weapon mounted vs a sole NVG is a totally different ball game since the testing to make said devices take recoil forces is a huge RnD expense.

I still keep my pvs14's because honestly they are solid and get the job done. For someone like me who used them in the sandbox and even when I just go biking at night it really gives you a whole new sense of security that honestly I consider more important then a firearm.