Jow Forums related jobs/occupations

Jow Forums related employment thread

What jobs do you guys think are enjoyable and worthwhile that incorporate firearms or other things Jow Forums? No police shit

Attached: innawoodsandlonesome.jpg (1280x749, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tstc.edu/programslist/browse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

infantry

A field in geology if you can actually find one, but it's more /out/ than anything really.

It's nice doing field work. You get to carry around a hammer to use as a weapon against rocks I guess.

OP here
> I'm in my mid 20's no college education and have only worked menial wagecuck jobs
> Only real interests and hobbies consist of firearms & gunbuilding, reloading, preppershit, hiking & just enjoying the outdoors in general.
> I'm trying to find a way to incorporate those hobbies/interests into something that will pay the bills. I don't need to make a lot. I just want to be content
> I'm cool with working towards certifications, take classes in whatever field it is etc I'm just not looking to jack off in community college or something like that

Any suggestions? Do any of you fine upstanding gentlemen of this board have jobs you actually enjoy? What do you do?

Attached: allon-kremer-firewatch.jpg (1920x1021, 301K)

Sucks, but the fun stuff doesn't pay well because it's fun. Boots get paid because they're assuming risk. You will probably have more time/funds to enjoy your hobby if you work towards an in demand career that pays well. If you're THAT passionate about firearms you'll carve a path, but it will probably be a lonely one.. just not enough money, and stability to support a family based on a hobby unless you're very skilled and create a demand for yourself

I live cheap in Texas & I don't want a relationship or a family down the road even in the slightest. So I really only have myself to look after... I'd live EASY with 5k a month. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of path to take/what to work towards

NPS or FS park ranger.

Basically forest cop.

that is something I have thought a bit about

Work at a fucking gun store
I literally just applied and I’ve now I’ve been working for 6 months at my LGS/Range
Have some gun knowledge, retail/cash handling exp, and don’t fuck up the interview which means
1. No memes faggot
2. Dress normally button down shirt and slacks /and take a fucking shower +shave +deodorant
3. Show up with a notepad and pen
4. Ask intellegent questions
5. Don’t give them the impression that you’ll be a liability
6. Ask if you can get training to be a instructor or RSO that your willing to pay for yourself
7. Smile for fucks sake pretend and practice with a mirror if you have too

Are tugboats Jow Forums?

amen. and these tips go with every job interview, not just gun store.

Honestly this. I've seriously considered it as of late seeing as college is retarded and I hate myself for being here. You get to work with guns all day and if you are I to it, you can get the pleasure of talking to random fags about guns and what you prefer and maybe give some facts about some of the historical aspects of older guns. Seems nice and Jow Forumsomfy

I work on weapons systems for a defense contractor, it's a pretty Jow Forums job.

congrats you work retail. Please dont tell me that no ones made 8mm mauser since the second world war or I will slap you.
Oh look I found privi partizan 8mm on your shelf. Have a nice day.

Hell just work part time there
And see if you like it or not it’s retail
They’ll be happy for the bodies as long as your not fucked in the head

Gun Store user here
No joke I went to one of our competitors
And asked if they had any Garand specific 30-06 ammo
This jackass hands me a box of American eagle M1A .308

>Jow Forums related employment thread
I'm waiting to become an air traffic controller but I've been seriously thinking about joining the texas air national guard

Attached: fallout__flag_of_the_texas_commonwealth_by_okiir-d8x47sx.png (1600x900, 2.66M)

I guess they picture looks close enough
So know your shit or be willing to research
And be able to read for fucks sake

Bounty Hunter

There are a surprising amount of people who work at LGSs who are retarded and barely know anything about funs. At my LGS, they have some kind of PTR there that I asked them about to see if they had any specific info for me so I could figure out if it was good or not or basically fucking anything. The guy working there just called it a .308 rifle. It took him a bit to cough up that it's a PTR after I just sat there looking at him for a bit waiting for him to continue because ".308 rifle" means fucking nothing to me. On top of that all the guys who work there besides the owner sorta really only understand firearms in terms of what they shoot and basically nothing else. It's honestly kinda cringey but the owner is a REALLY nice guy and the place is so close to home that I'll keep going there, but it's amazing to me that people who work at gun stores arent gun nuts

Here in small-town Texas a gun store job would consist of just selling dumb boomers kimber 1911's all day long...sounds pretty shit. And they only hire fellow white monster sipping beerbellies anyway for like 9.50$/hr 30 hours a week

>And they only hire fellow white monster sipping beerbellies anyway for like 9.50$/hr 30 hours a week
100% true t. wacofag

welding, nuclear contracting, security guard (with clearences not that mall shit im talking secure facilities, truck driver, CNC, bankrobber

>I'm cool with working towards certifications
tstc.edu/programslist/browse

I was a Cav Scout years ago, and had my dick broke overseas.

In second year of grad school now to become an archivist, beginning an internship at the U.S. Air Force Academy Archives on Friday. Pretty excited.

Hope to get a job in DOD, or some Jow Forums related agency.

Attached: nuts.jpg (788x1000, 139K)

that's awesome user, good luck!

You give me hope, as things haven’t been working out as much as I’d hope. Fiddled greens has me down.

Get a real job, then use the money for Jow Forums activities

Appreciate it user.
I won't lie, the transition is nothing easy, and finding a new path takes time. Took me two years to pull my head out of my ass.

Use your G.I. Bill, focus on prerequisites and find a career course to make your own. Do the work, and it will start working for you.

Attached: Cavalry.jpg (450x338, 44K)

I graduate in May and want to basically do some kind of environmental work but im getting a BA in Natural Science and Mathematics. How fucked am i finding a good outside job that isnt some field technician job that only requires a GED

Attached: 50959530_392193198256664_4058593904008626176_n.jpg (2048x1536, 469K)

Also forgot to say good luck.
I did my undergrad in history, so I knew I needed to do more school to get a job relative to my degree.

Try securing internships, and perhaps pursuing a grad-level degree with a greater focus.

Only thing getting me through grad-school is something called Public Service Loan Forgiveness (ten years paying income-dependent student loans on a 25 year loan schedule).

Your degree and focus very well have many applicable needs within whatever level of government service, and you could do the same thing.

Attached: EOD summed up.jpg (960x960, 124K)

Forrest fire prevention officer

I scouring Indeed for jobs and i can technically qualify for many of them its just finding like 10 jobs to apply to so i can get like a couple calls back

Learn welding and machinist shit, you can literally build your own guns or work on guns. Don't try to go into gunsmithing though, there's no money in it unless you've got years of experience working on obscure shit.

Alternatively do something like be a game warden/deer cop for Game and Fish.

Maybe you should have a talk with the owner about his employees and getting them more familiar with the products and general people skills.

If they act like autists with everyone, and other stores have similar prices with better customer service or more knowledgeable staff then your neighborhood place may go under.

Attached: 250px-Fudd_on_Tap.png (250x189, 79K)

I have looked into game warden/fish and wildlife. it seems like quite the process, it would take years and a lot of schooling. I don't think I would have the funds to get me there. It seems like the same process of becoming a state police officer + then some. Anyone with experience in fish+wildlife here?

Also seems like a shit ton of work for an average salary of 48k a year

might not be super Jow Forums but I work maintenance in a steel foundry and end up shooting the shit with a bunch of older gun loving dudes that invite me to date their AR lovin daughters. they're mostly just pokin fun but its because they like that im intelligent enough to learn from them and have my own opinions on the government and I think Jow Forums minded people that aren't outspoken about their waifu bodypillows would fit perfect.
im trained as a cnc and manual machinist as well so that's my skill set that I bring to the team, its important that you have enough experience with rebuilding, creating, and repairing anything from a weld to high pressurized sand transport lines. Its lots of fun but you do work for your money. you pick up a lot of manufacturing skills so you can bubba up your guns and have them look great. All in all, id rate it an 8/10 paychecks on time and job security cause production crew is literally retarded

they just slap you into an academy for x months like officers here

I'm a security contractor (armed guard with a company under contract, but security contractor sounds cooler) who works in conjunction with Dept. Of Corrections to transport inmates and provide security 100% of the time.
I carry my own CZ75.

PMC unironically.

shit requires a 4 year bachelors lol

F Y

Police !

-Got paid to go to Firearms Instructor School
-Got Paid to go to 6 SWAT Schools and Blackwater
-Paid to go to FBI Officer Survival course
-Unlimited access to ammo in 5 calibers for practice
-Paid to go to Glock/Colt/HK/Remington Armorers School multiple times, for multiple weapons
Paid to go to Multiple Sniper Schools, FBI In-service also, cases on cases of Match Ammo, and Glass Ammo (Bonded)
-Every year Dept gets a few hundred thousand dollars to buy me the latest SWAT gear.
-Issued NVG and Thermal. Cases of Batteries

I win.
Too bad you have Felonies, a Drug Problem, or Mental Health Issues. Manlet

Attached: barrettposter8287.jpg (1600x1067, 818K)

Attached: 1547589854048.gif (299x235, 832K)

Does anyone know any decent jobs that put you far away from people? I enjoy living alone with my doggos and dealing with as few people as possible on a daily basis. Honestly, if I could learn the language I'd see about moving to Finland but again, the problem of work arises. Thinks, anons?

Sheriff’s deputy in rural America