WHO WINS?

This has literally divided my family for years. Every Thanksgiving, every Christmas, every Superbowl... We need to settle this shit. It's so obvious, but I'm not going to bias the thread with my answer. Just tell me WHO WINS and why.

Attached: Planes vs Jet.jpg (1410x793, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhistoryonline.com/korean-war/us-pilot-chased-mig-china-korean-war-shoot.html
defensemedianetwork.com/stories/tuskegee-airmen-vs-me-262s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoever is the fastest and has the most range.

Attached: Gaijin.png (610x406, 550K)

Mustangs, the Tomcat pilot has a brain anyeurism 15 minutes into the flight and crashes. Mustang squadron is immune from this as they can suffer 5 brain anyeurisms and still have someone in the air.

the f14s vulcan would cut though those mustangs like butter

f14 with rockets or only board cannons ?

Tomcat. It can missile, land rearm and go back and they will never even see it.

to be fair the .50s on the mustang would cut through the F14 like butter if they'd ever get a shot in. For example if the navy put a downs child through flight school and he somehow managed to not crash the thing long enough to fly at stall speed at 1000ft with a big "shoot me" neon sign attached to the wings

Fully loaded

Tomcat swoops in the night before the big fight and strafes the flight line.

F-14 has 10 hard points and holds 675 rounds for the Vulcan. Assuming 16 P-51s in the squadron, the Tomcat could easily splash 10 of the Mustangs with Sidewinders. Not sure if he could get the last 6 with 675 rounds though, that's about a 10 one second bursts.

As an Ace Combat Ace since 2001, and Jow Forums self proclaimed expert of everything, I think a good analogy would be a group of Indians on horses with bow and arrows, tomahawks, knives, vs a pair of marines in a Humvee, with 50cal machine gun and each individually armed with a Barrett .50 and M4.

The F14 could probably fuck them up just by ramming them each in turn it weighs about the same as that entire squadron

How many p51's are in the squadron, what (if any) formation are they flying and at what altitude and speed?

You can actually do this in DCS now....

so >>>>>>>>/DCS/>>>>>>

>Land
>Get shot apart from the air by the remaining mustangs
Never give altitude. The Tomcat is more than capable of taking them on with the vulcan if it lowers RPM, but the Tomcat was never meant to fight solo.

I dont think you understand from how far away an f-14 could kill those mustangs. They might see the missile seconds before impact but thatd be it. This isnt a videogame

F-14 wipes these retards easily.

Attached: 24 CVN71060221 F-14D 164350 AJ-103 DK 01.jpg (1024x683, 120K)

>seconds before impact
An AIM-9X flies at mach 2.5. At any altitude a Mustang can operate at, it's moving roughly at the muzzle velocity of a .308. They would see it for less than half a second even under perfect visibility.

P51s of course. It would even be the first time a jet aircraft was destroyed by a propeller driven aircraft.

Imagine being this deluded

Attached: 800px-F-14-vf-84.jpg (800x420, 52K)

Weak bait.

Attached: 1523263420182_0.webm (432x240, 2.36M)

warhistoryonline.com/korean-war/us-pilot-chased-mig-china-korean-war-shoot.html

>Four F-86 Sabre jets were attacked by fourteen MiG 15 fighters. He flew to the F-86s aid and managed to down one of the MiGs. This was his first aerial victory which happened on August 5th, 1952.

And that isn't even acknowledging all of the hot P-51 on ME-262 action: defensemedianetwork.com/stories/tuskegee-airmen-vs-me-262s/

Obvious advantages of guided missiles aside, the F15’s amazing thrust advantage allows it to choose the terms of the engagement at all times.
It can boom and zoom until the mustangs are dead and they can’t catch it.

I wonder if it could just out-endurance them.

The F-14? No, 51s could stay in the air much longer

No refuelsies allowed either.

sauce right fucking now

Tomcat would run out of missiles and bullets before taking all of them down. It would end with the Tomcat either running away or it getting shot down eventually by the mustangs if that wasn't an option.

depends on conditions

A bullet flies faster than a goddamn plane you fucking idiot goddamn

based trips of snailposting