Is the tikka t3x the beat budget long range gun? Guranteed 1MOA out of the box and suitabe for 1000m+

Is the tikka t3x the beat budget long range gun? Guranteed 1MOA out of the box and suitabe for 1000m+.

Attached: images.jpeg-14.jpg (983x312, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q59Lc74U-u8
skyttetjanst.se/articlegroup/grid/sauer-200-str/703
youtu.be/SfY899uNOk0
youtu.be/4cnAwRJc7Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mauser m18 in 308

M18 is shit, though. And the quality does not come near that on the tikka t3x.

You haven't shot one, have you?,

Hmm.. maybe it's the Howa 1500? It's consistently voted as having the best, most reliable factory action among PRS folks (check Snipers Hide and Lowlights demo of the Howa). The general recommendation for rifles seems to be start with a Howa 1500 chassis package to see if you like the sport, then upgrade to custom actions from Surgeon, GAP, Defiance, etc., or get a production rifle from AI, Sako or Desert Tech.

TeeSea Cumpass

Howa still does not come close to the accuracy, build, and bolt smoothness of the tikkas.

I don't think that's true at all actually. Weatherby Vanguard S2's are Howa 1500's in a different stock and they advertise sub-MOA guaranteed with proper match ammo. Also, Howa 1500s are well-liked for their upgraded extractor over the Tikka's pseudo-M16 extractor, fluted bolt, and high quality Japanese heat treats. The recoil lug is overbuilt and integral to the action as well, which is more than the Tikka can say. Tikka's are fine rifles, but I don't understand why you are so opinionated. Show Snipers Hide your current setup and ask for more clarification if you are truly convinced of your stance.

fuk off boomer fagit bitch

Attached: 8B13D823-91A8-44D1-8668-C202319DA6B0.jpg (306x165, 13K)

>600-700 dollars
>Budget
I'd hate to see what a normal price is

PRS is not cheap - at all. The number of budget rifles, especially. 300WM, up on equipment exchanges is pretty funny. We're not even getting into handloads yet.

Precision shooting is insanely expensive.
A rifle worth anything less than 2k is small time

Picked up a Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 mememoor, took it out and first time shooting it put 5 rounds into a dime at 250 yards with factory ammo. Very happy with the accuracy of the gun.

Attached: 22014971_10155367229217107_565580721_n.jpg (714x960, 119K)

>Guranteed 1MOA out of the box
This is true of $300 rifles now.

Have fun getting tight groupings at over 500m, which i get with ease with my tikka t3x.

Even at 850m, i constantly hit the gong.

Moa is moa man, angles don't change just because you're shooting farther

>he doesn't know
holy fucking kek, even satan has his blind spots apparently.

Are you really that dumb?

Speaking of Tikka, has anyone been able to get their hands on a T1x? I've been waiting to get one forever but Tikka have been dragging their asses.

Attached: tikkat1x-hero_0.png (1600x310, 92K)

Thank fuck someone gets it. Moron doesn't know there's a money fairy downrange that swats your groups apart if you try shooting farther than 300m with your rifle.

MOA is MOA.

>spending that much on a rimfire and not just getting a CZ instead

Why?

.t never shot further than 150m

That’s not the Ruger American predator in .308

Correct, the Howa is much better than the Tikka in all respects.

>Tikka shills
G T F O

The wind has a lot more time to mess with your trajectory at long range.
Range estimates become critical over 500 yards with a steeper plunge angle.
Having accurate ballistics data on your load, bullet BC, and local environmental factors all are important past 500 yards and at 1000.

1 MOA off at 500 yards is a missed 10 ring or head shot.
Off the torso of a small statured target also.

Because I have a CZ and it sucks shit.

Attached: IMAG0263.jpg (568x1014, 197K)

the tikka is cheaper than a cz you dumbo

Nice shooting, Tex

Attached: X9zbTlC_d.jpg (640x480, 32K)

thats not a dime

Gun was in a sled on a windless day with the ammo I found to run through it best at 100yd. Gun a shit.

You need to stick to 22 LR a while longer if that was off of a rest.
What range , ammo, sights?
Gun?

For 100 yards with a 22LR that is about what I would expect until you spend over $10 per box of ammo.
I spent an entire day testing ammo at 100 yards. US manufactured ammo sucks compared to RWS R50, Eley Match or Lapua Center X. My CZ.

youtu.be/q59Lc74U-u8

.17HMR.
And I can confidently say that it is the gun. I got similar, if not better, groups out of my 10/22 while leaning on a post. It is not my capability that is limiting my result. I've read that some 455 come shit out of the box, and that CZ will fix it, but they make you pay for shipping, which I am not willing to do. I'd rather just get a T1x.

Whoops, started to reply to but then read and started to reply to him.

100yards, CCI Gamepoint, and a Vortex, not sure which model, but in their mid price range.

You couldn't give me a 455.
The tennon fit barrel has too much variability and grub screw torque matters.
Crazy thing is, a Ruger uses a similar barrel attachment method. It is cheaper to manufacture unless you look at the Anschutz 2000 series actions. Anschutz went back to threaded action to barrel attachment in the newest 54-30 series.
Sounds like you got a drunk Czech gun.
I got a good one, 2002 proof marks.
Have you considered an 64 Action Anschutz or maybe the Australian Lithgow?
A Sako Finnfire Range is really nice too but out of production.
Don't care for the Sako Quad and its switch barrels.

It sure is. Very light gun, and the adjustable trigger is tits. I can't complain one bit about this rifle.

Attached: TikkaT3sep18.jpg (1632x1224, 968K)

>first groups after installing the scope

Attached: TikkaT3ultraLightstainless308_100y.jpg (1142x1237, 502K)

This, for budget Jow Forums's.
Does tikka have threaded barrel?

>has 10 CENTS stamped on the coin
kek. Canadian coins are the same size as US ones.

My cz455 is accurate as fuck.

I've not shot much in the way of rimfire rifles, admittedly. I've shot a few .308s of big name brands, and loved what is now my Tikka the most, so I do have some brand loyalty.

I guess I lucked out and got a shit model. What is yours chambered in?

that or a sako yes

22lr.

I bought a 338 mag tikka a while back and I love it for its light weight

Forgot the picture

Attached: 20190131_041156.jpg (4032x3024, 3.67M)

On what planet is the Finnish national pride Sako a budget brand?
Nigga even their hunting rifles are expensive.

user I'm pretty sure they are some of the most expensive guns out there

Looks like a dime to me?

Attached: 21979158_10155367229277107_16667863_n.jpg (714x960, 102K)

Those are easily the worst groups I've ever seen for a cz 455. I think you just got a shit one

That's a quarter...
Nice shooting though

My T3 Varmint in 224 was 0.85" out of the box. They're great.

Was thinking of getting the Ruget American/Predator, feel like it is about the same as the Tikka, anyone have experience shooting both that could shed some light on which is better?

Attached: signal-2018-11-11-224355.jpg (766x511, 62K)

Why are finns generally good at marksmanship?

I've been eyeballing this Zastava rifle since it was revealed at Shot Show. Anyone know how good Zastava rifles are? I only hear about their handguns and AKs.

Attached: 1548170922366.jpg (640x469, 43K)

most good rifles are custom since people into the game want specific reamers, barrel lengths and diameters, and chassis/stocks suited to their own needs.
$3k area is pretty normal for a low-mid tier custom before optic when you factor in gun smithing costs.
For an entry prebuilt long range chassis gun, around $1100 is common.

Here is a Tikka T3X

Attached: Tikka T3X CTR McMillan.jpg (2000x1325, 1.9M)

still yet to see this be repeatable

In Centerfire, the only production USA manufactured rifle I would drop the money on would be an FN SPR A1 or A3 built for the FBI contract.
If I wanted a custom I would use TS Customs in SD with a Lone Peak Arms Razor action, Benchmark barrel, McMillan Stock. If I really wanted to be different, find a Sig SSG3000, import the 22LR conversion kit for it from GESAB in Sweden, and have Benchmark here in the US make a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it.
SAUER still makes the SSG3000 for the European market and its STR 200 brother for Scandanavian target shooting.
skyttetjanst.se/articlegroup/grid/sauer-200-str/703

youtu.be/SfY899uNOk0
Like drag racing with Palma Style bolt actions.
Head shaped targets at 200 meters
youtu.be/4cnAwRJc7Sw
They use their ring fingers to pull the trigger.

Attached: image(2).jpg (190x41, 2K)

Looks like a good place to ask.

I've got an AR-10 I've built to try to get into long range shooting. It isn't built to be a tack driver, but I only expect to be shooting no further than 600 yards in my area. I'm looking for an entry optic to start learning the art of precision shooting. What are some good options?

SWFA fixed 10x or 12x is only Id recommend. Theyve been used by our military and are known for being tough and having good tracking. Their 3-15x is pretty good value when it's on sale.
Above them, I wouldnt bother until youre getting in the thousand dollar range.

Howa actions and bolts are all forged, bollt is all once piece.

Seconded the SWFA.
I have a Nikon M223 that is decent but it has 1/4" per click turrets rather than 1/4 MOA or 1/10 MIL turrets.
I only use the reticle holdovers for hunting.
Get the SWFA with the MIL reticle and turrets tonlearn that is system and stick with it when you upgrade. Can put the scope on a 22LR since it has insane internal elevation adjustments and easily dial in a 300 yard shot without a holdover.