/wfg/ Writefag General- field of flowers edition

This thread is for writing Jow Forums related stuff and the recommendation of books that are Jow Forums related

>It's been unscientifically proven that a lack of (you)s for writers can lead depression, alcoholism, story abandonment, and an hero.

>But it's so easy to make a difference in a writer's life. Just one (you) a day can make the difference between a happy writer and a writer on permanent hiatus.

>Please, post now. Help make a writer's day.

AKManon
The desert Wolf: A US soldier befriends a terrorist AK geist, shenanigams happen
pastebin.com/u/AKManon

EchoFiveSeven
Gun Spirits: Some one tell us about the emergence of the gun spirits
pastebin.com/PpjUvW5k

Link to Sticky: pastebin.com/BpLSpmMN
>Last Thread:

Attached: 1484882074659.jpg (2000x1125, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Q4EZpP0P
pastebin.com/fKpRMtyW
pastebin.com/P2USBdi3
youtube.com/watch?v=NuDTVy6uqag
pastebin.com/Fp9ZJKpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 works kills me this time

Attached: ffs.png (248x368, 130K)

any good books on african conflicts?

Attached: c7175580152c4596d0a1dd8fa279dc37-d.jpg (326x500, 64K)

A Few Hard Men is about the SAS and Grey Scouts in Rhodesia

Attached: 1540137856084.jpg (1500x2405, 2.44M)

Thanks for everything you, Bump user, and Archive do. Seeing these threads makes my day.

Springfield is so pure.

Super SASS is the cutest 3* in-game, change my mind.

>protip: you can't

Attached: 1548856126195.png (1102x1672, 842K)

Lmao super sass is super shit just like your opinions

Attached: 1540598561102.jpg (800x1131, 235K)

Alright I'm back from my business trip. Flying on budget airlines is great for saving money, but god damn the seats are uncomfortable.

Chapter 016 of fire-breather.com is posted now. Enjoy spooky plus nakedness.

bumping for more not heaven

Anyone want anything from me? okay. Back to the vise I guess.

You know what, just for you I'll get back on that, today

The Rain Goddess if you're interested in Rhodesia. A large part of my A Mandate from Heaven is inspired by it.

Attached: F6D2DB28-0626-4D3B-B2F0-53C8DCDFDBCB.jpg (1440x1018, 153K)

bump

Attached: yande.re 368003 sample graf_zeppelin_(kancolle) kantai_collection moyoron neko pantyhose uniform.jpg (938x1500, 202K)

bump

Attached: Hamakaze.(Kantai.Collection).full.1899055.jpg (563x800, 298K)

(a oneshot, maybe)
>A man yawns as he walks up to the CNC mill and checks the terminal to see what caused the machine to stop milling and start beeping instead.
#"Of course something goes wrong just as my last shift for some time is about to end, what broke this time?" he talks to himself while shutting the machine down & looking around for the padlock used to lock the machine's main power switch so it can't be switched on while someone is inside the machine.
>Having found the lock and secured the power switch he opens a panel to see the problem for himself, the error code referred to a jam while the machine was milling the bolt head.
#"Let's see, wha-, how did this bolt head end up looking like this at this point of the process? Ahh, I see, the bit got chipped at some point, causing this part to not get shaved as it should, should be easy enough to fix..." he mutters while flagging his supervisor.
§"Is there a problem user?" the supervisor asks.
#"This bit is chipped, leading to the machine jamming when the bolt head doesn't get milled properly, should I simply replace the one bit or do you think we should check all of them?"
§"And halt the production for hours when we just got a big order from the government? Are you nuts?" the supervisor asks.
#"So, just the one bit then?"
§"Yes, write it down in the log so I can sign it & go home, any further breakages will be the next shift's problem anyway..."
>user replaces the chipped bit, checks the unfinished bolt for irreversible defects & upon finding none decides to try and let the machine finish milling the bolt.
@"Are you aware your shift ended already?" the guy from the next shift asks user while walking up to the machine.

#"I already started fixing this thing, might as well save you the time and effort of figuring out why the machine has been stopped, what has already been done to get it working again & what remains to be done" user replies as he closes the panel, removes the lock, turns the machine back on and tells the machine to repeat the last couple steps of the milling process before moving on to the phase where the machine stopped.
@"...You are trying to salvage the bolt?"
#"Well, yeah, all of the bolts get thoroughly inspected before they are taken to the Assembly, the alternative would mean extra paperwork in order to account for a missing bolt."
@"Good point, what happened anyway?"
#"A jam caused by a chipped bit, I replaced it, didn't see anything else wrong with the machine, you might want to take this bolt and the next one straight to Quality Control to make sure everything is in order" user says after picking up the finished bolt, giving it a visual check for imperfections.
¤["I'm fine, thank you very much"] a female voice says seemingly out of nowhere.
#"Wha-did you hear that?" user asks, startled.
@"Hear what?"
#"...Nothing, soo happy this is my last shift in a while..."
@"Oh, that's right, take care out there user!" the colleague exclaims while grabbing & shaking user's hand.
#"Yeah yeah, enjoy your night shift!" user says as he hands the finished bolt over
¤["Thank you user"] the female voice from before whispers in user's ear.
#"...Soo tired..."

END(?)

bump

Attached: Maxim1.png (1554x394, 67K)

I like the premise, but wtf is with your formatting?

not sure what you mean

if it's about starting lines of dialogue with different symbols, it's to help people tell who is speaking, I'm not the first person to do that.

The one you posted.

>Tfw you will never get to see some congo nigtard get btfo of a battle and get sent a single bm 30 by their room temp iq dictator and hail it as a superweapon and then short circuit it and flee.

and if it's about the square brackets, there's a reason for that & it's (sort of) explained in another story.

(the list of my stories): pastebin.com/Q4EZpP0P

Good shit. Formatting is initially bizarre, but in leu of the old "switch paragraphs when you switch speakers" rule, I think it works. Just takes some getting used to.

>the old "switch paragraphs when you switch speakers" rule,
never heard of that before, doubt I have ever even seen it in a book.

It's an English thing, and as I recall, your Finnish. Maybe it's taught differently there.

also glad you like it

I don't recall seeing format like that in any of the books I have read in English, maybe I just haven't noticed it...

Really digging the story friend. Like the descriptions of the land scape. Looking forward to reading more of this adventure.

Update on its way.

Hey guys made some substantial edits to the first two chapters (13 and 14) of A Mandate from Heaven, so i'm reposting them in case anyone wants to take another look or read it for the first time. Chapter 15 is coming, eventually.

Chapter 13
pastebin.com/fKpRMtyW

Chapter 14
pastebin.com/P2USBdi3

Attached: 406708-blackangel_2048x1536.jpg (2048x1536, 739K)

Attached: 20248002_1786634681634836_3068360225445506095_o.png (1351x366, 483K)

bump

Attached: araara.png (1377x372, 23K)

Ooh. Mill a raifu workshop! She gonna be a 95?

Nice shit, man. Never heard of resetting a jaw. Interesting stuff.

Attached: 2c718de-1.png (960x960, 1.11M)

>Ooh. Mill a raifu workshop! She gonna be a 95?
these days SAKO focuses on bolt rifles, like T3 and TRG.

*T3x

The salty sea air buffeted the thousands of Jow Forumsommandos on the brow as they lined up to board the freshly-restored USS Iowa, their rifles slung over their shoulder. The port was busy with dozens of freighters off-loading shipping containers and personnel, while hundreds of forklifts constantly shuffled crates and boxes back and forth. The USS Iowa sat proudly in drydock with her shiny new paint and polished superstructure, displaying her 16-inch triple-turrets without shame. As her new crew boarded her, the Iowa seemed to shudder with excitement, ready to set sail after sitting in port for so long. For the first time in six months, the dry dock began to flood with seawater. After six agonizingly-long months of autism-fueled retrofitting and upgrading, Iowa was ready to sail under her own power once more.

With the last of the provisions loaded onboard, the gates of the dry dock opened to the vast waters of the Pacific Ocean. A collective cheer was heard amongst the Jow Forumsrew and throughout the docks; nuggets were fired into the air in celebration, and one could hear the collective sigh of relief from the dockworkers, happy to be rid of the rowdy bunch.

They had barely made it out of the drydock before half of the men on deck thrust themselves against the bulwark, vomiting out whatever they had for lunch.

~~~

The first day at sea was uneventful. The Jow Forumsrew had far surpassed the Jow Forumsaptain’s expectations; he’d prepared for and expected shitposting on a weapons-grade level, mass amounts of ND’s, and even the possibility of Darwinism at work. Instead, the Jow Forumsaptain was pleasantly surprised to find a cohesive, capable crew, willing to learn and work, held together by their ideals. A brave few had even uprooted their family to live aboard the Iowa, though most were military-aged men brought together with their love for liberty and firearms.

Attached: Iowa Dry Dock.jpg (1600x1056, 196K)

Some 200 nautical miles from the coast of California, Iowa leisurely steamed forward at a mere 10 knots. Men sat under the cool Pacific sun with their fishing rods cast over the sides of the steel behemoth; in her wake, Iowa tugged massive fishing nets, trawling for trophy-size yellowfin tuna and whatever other fish may have been captured. One of the nets was reeled in, covered in white, foamy seawater as it broke the surface of the deep-blue ocean.

>There was hardly anything in the net.

With pitiful catches throughout the day, the galley had hardly anything to process. A mere 400 pounds of edible seafood was all that was caught that day, hardly enough to feed the 3000+ men onboard. The sounds of frying fish and the smell of freshly-seared tuna wafted throughout the galley as hungry Jow Forumsommandos strolled in and out of the jam-packed galley. Jow Forumsommandos walked to their tables, each one holding a plastic-encased, dirt-colored MRE bag in one hand, and a sushi-sized slice of steaming yellowfin tuna on an off-white ceramic plate. The looks on their face told you exactly how they felt; their emotions ranged from enthusiastic to utterly disgusted.

If they didn’t find a reliable source of sustenance soon, the voyage of the newly-acquired Iowa would be short-lived.

~~~
Thoughts? I know it's not very well-written and it's all over the place. I'll probably go back and fix it sometime after I have a decent night's rest. I plan to write more, but we'll probably see an update for a/k/ademy first. I'm currently listening to 20,000 leagues under the sea to get a feel for inspiration, so expect some underwater fishing with APS dart rifles in the future. As always, any (you)s are greatly appreciated, and I'd be glad to answer any questions that you may have. Any criticisms are welcome, constructive or not.

Suggestions are nice too, late-night writer's block is the worst.

Attached: Iowa chibi.png (525x625, 211K)

Haven't written anything in a while but can't sleep so here goes.

Oranges are great, they stave off scurvy and taste good. I have lots of them preserved down here. When the bombs fell I was prepared. I couldn't afford a fancy bunker, hell I was homeless, but I could afford a shovel. I dug myself a tunnel system that would make charlie blush and started living there. I had a few guns I owned before I lost my house and I'd kept them with a few friends until my tunnels were done, but now they stay with me down here. I brought my grandad's old double barrel, he cut her down before I was even born, left the stock, she's a pretty coach gun and I like to know I've got her down here in the tunnels. My shitty AR that I made from whatever I could afford, she ain't much but she feeds fine and shoots decent. And an old Nagant revolver I picked up cheap with some ammo at a pawn shop before I lost everything. The Nagant ain't much but it's nice to have something on my belt. I use mostly candles down here to light the halls and rooms, I save my batteries for emergencies, like invaders, human animal or other. Last week I think I heard something lurking in the night, it crawled through my tunnels, it rattled the cans I have setup and triggered the tripwires I have to tell if anything comes through. It might have been an animal of somesort but it sounded too big and too purposeful, despite not doing anything. I haven't slept well since, I worry it may come back. When I do sleep it is with Grandpa's coachgun beside me and my Nagant on my belt. I just hope it doesn't get me in my sleep. I reinforced my entrance, I put a bolt on the hatch and added more folliage to the outside, hopefully it won't come back. If it does I think I might just try and corner it, maybe use one of the flashlights, and pump it full of buckshot or 5.56. We'll see what comes of it.

for some reason, that's setting of skinwalker alarms in my mind
(couldn't find a decent enough pic for a reaction)

Attached: The Future that is Big Wing.jpg (3000x2000, 751K)

I quite like it. As you said it is a bit all over the place, but that really doesn't bother me that much in a story like this.

Idk where to post this on 4channel, I only frequent /out/ and Jow Forums but it's kinda an action dream, so I'll post it here on /wfg/ and see if you guys.

>be me
>tail end of extremely vivid and high intensity lucid dream
>barely avoided apprehension after spotted in parking garage
>snagged my GetHomeBag and glock out of Xterra
>parking garage crawling with beat piggies and detectives
>arrive at ground level
>lone young officer about my size with his back to me
>uses poor rookie officer as a brake
>rookie spills spaghetti all over sidewalk
>Sorrybro.mp3, I'll buy you a beer in another life
>dead sprint up a hill on a busy street with mainpack
>avoiding sentinels/bureaucrats that recognized me
>they *will* relay my location, no matter what I do
>get yanked into Spirit of 77 in Portland by bartender/server
>mildly freaks the fuck out
>qt3.14 server assures me everything will be fine
>shoves napkin in my gut
>she hurries off to tend to a table
>looks down at napkin
>scribbled in worst hand writing I've ever seen
>New Mission Objective Added
>[At roughly 1500-
>Looks down at watch: 1458
>excellent.wav
>-scour bar area for a woman
>brunette who "looks like she repeatedly gets turned down"]
>that will be my contact to get out of the country
>Sees Tina Fey seated at the bar picking olives out of hot dog
>that must be her
>sees two empty stools next to her
>ImSaved.gif
>sees Mayim Bialik approach Fey and sits down to talk to her
>wait, WitchOne.png

Attached: ta-img-20171110-221434.jpg (550x412, 40K)

Seems pretty solid start to me. Fighting giant squid with APS rifles sounds pretty fucking cool too.

If you'd like a suggestion, I'd recommend our intrepid heroes venture forth and free the shit out of something. Maybe a little no-name island in the pacific.

Story with the molemen of Jow Forums? Sign me the fuck up.
What the fuck is going on here?

This is trippy, in an interesting way.

Thanks man, I want to start writing down my vivid dreams (in my phone's notes or RiteInTheRain if I have fielddrill). Maybe something cool could come out of it, if I string the stories together.

Or maybe give me more insight into my inner psyche.

Attached: 555b9f63282bf.image.jpg (1200x830, 155K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NuDTVy6uqag
sad bump

Attached: waste.jpg (963x700, 215K)

bümp

Attached: conscripts.png (1579x749, 97K)

Bouncing, Big Wing, and Maloney

bump

Attached: ISU152.png (1561x629, 122K)

bump

Attached: T28.png (1487x562, 114K)

comfy thread-unrelated bump

Attached: pallas-cat-manul-12__880.jpg (880x587, 122K)

en bump

Attached: gripen2a.jpg (728x2031, 258K)

Yeah, that's actually how you relocate dislocated jaws. Brute strength.

>T. Medfag

Attached: 960250_564957506915264_1804159853_n.jpg (750x750, 98K)

Do you mean "A Handful of Hard Men"?

bump

Attached: 14 - iziQu8n.jpg (1440x900, 81K)

Bush War in Rhodesia by Dennis Croukamp
The Wonga Coup by Adam Roberts

Reposting to see if I can get some more feedback.
pastebin.com/Fp9ZJKpw

Like I said in the last thread, this was written when i was in high school, so it's not the best. Thankfully I have improved significantly since.

Attached: L1A1 in Africa.jpg (800x645, 90K)

That is a truly comfy kitty.

en bump

Attached: gripen2b.jpg (728x2038, 242K)

Could use some working over, mostly just filing down some rough edges. Look pretty neat otherwise.

Also
>tfw you realize you write non-original characters way better than your own

bump

Attached: foxbat1.jpg (728x2232, 247K)

bump

Attached: foxhound1.jpg (728x2051, 199K)

bump

Attached: scary lolis.jpg (728x2109, 207K)

bump

Attached: swarmed by flankers.jpg (728x2071, 244K)

bump

Attached: 1515718573280.png (500x608, 141K)

Attached: 29872306_1784835281577228_146803066335046750_o.png (1876x703, 963K)

And on that day, the Jow Forumsube smiled.

Attached: 32985101.png (1297x2861, 394K)

I had a weird dream, but I got a story idea from it.

>Police raid on an illegal, underground gambling ring
>In the shoes of one of the police raiders, blue uniforms with G36C/Ks
>Wall breach, rush inside with only 3? officers
>Three officers have to detain 20+ individuals

Obviously, it's a shitshow. People ain't listening, pretend not to understand the three men screaming "hands in the air!", hands in pockets everywhere.

>notice man in blue suit calmly shoving others, see glint of light in his hand
>It's a fucking derringer
>damn near vomit my lungs out trying to tell him to drop it
>Instead, he raises it, so I put a good 2-second burst in him. Must've dumped at least twenty rounds into him.
>Distinctly remember it pulling high and left.
>the other officers start unloading into whoever fucking moves.
>My brain rationalizes this as "well, we'll have to worry about less people if they're dead."
>One of the detainees is an early-model android, with plastic/synthetic shell. Think mannequin.
>Proclaims that we've raided the wrong place, we acted on bad intel.
>Doubt begins to form in my mind, and I feel guilty for mag-dumping into blue-suit man.
>ask him if he knows where the gambling ring is

note: inna dream, androids cannot lie to the law

>The gambling ring operates here
>Gotcha, bitch.wav
but then,
>One of their hitmen is among your team as well

this lead me into the train of thought of

>Hitman takes care of lesser crime without care, but sets up and sabotages rivals on the assault team.
>Kills other incorruptible officers via 'duels' for their honor
>best of all, the hitman doesn't even know what he's doing via brainwashing or some shit.

Lucid dreams are wack.

Attached: legal kanna.jpg (800x1067, 149K)

Neat.
I wish I had cool dreams. Every now and then I'll get one, but most of the time my mind just shuts down when I go to sleep. Or it gives me dreams that almost mirror my everyday life, except I notice glaring inconsistencies once I wake up.

Attached: 45400815_1749931678467443_2343730706733072384_n.png (505x720, 463K)

Lesser-known war bump.

Attached: the seoul of korea.jpg (5773x4597, 2.18M)

Attached: 228 - nxw10Ou.jpg (2560x1600, 622K)

I had a dream last night where my sister, and I where on motorcycles next to Gordon Ramsay taking two Mexicans on a motorcycle tour. We then stopped at some sort of narrow arch shaped concave chrome bridge thing that was supposed to take us home. My sister rode her motorcycle up it while Gordon tried to sell us spots on his tour. My sister then fell off the road thing and died. I ran over to her body and saw in really good detail her broken arms and legs with bone sticking out n shit. Was pretty wack.

my sides

bump

Attached: 1477709613916.jpg (912x703, 72K)

oc
I was hallucinating because I went septic and started screaming incoherently in the ICU. Waifu had enough of this and did the "angry mom shush" on me.

Epic meltdown. Pulled out PIC line, peen catheter all IVs when nurse turned his back for 30 seconds. I called 911 from hospital room because I thought they were torturing me. Hospital almost got SWATed.

Attached: WIN_20180926_21_36_37_Pro.jpg (640x360, 33K)

Checked

>picrelated
Fucking nice. I'm sorry I missed that.

Attached: checkum.jpg (1600x1318, 481K)

bump

Attached: 1471094418374.png (834x1509, 303K)

bump

Attached: 1476539481482.png (863x1165, 243K)

Schoolgirl M4!

Attached: 42a4ebb.jpg (1080x1634, 142K)

Bitch finna get shot up

Attached: IMG_20180917_161739.jpg (868x1228, 125K)

bump

Attached: 1490921225546.jpg (764x580, 32K)

Attached: bill and fred's excellent adventure.png (1000x4748, 3.85M)

Attached: a_PVC_cannon.png (657x769, 75K)

Attached: bee_gun.png (1308x895, 130K)

Just binged most of the stories, fantastic stuff!

Attached: 553 - lURHxFg.jpg (3000x1654, 410K)

Slow Super Bowl weekend is slow.

Anyone know what happened to Jow Forumsommando vs wild? Does he still post or did he just stop

Took a few days, but that thing came back. I killed it. I blasted it in the fucking chest with 00 buckshot and it kept crawling at me. Right until I put the other barrel's load through it's head. From what was left of it it seemed almost like a disgusting, twisted human. Like a midget made into a raisin and wrapped over a full sized skeleton, but if the midget were a regular person and the normal person a too long, too tall, creepy looking bastard. I fear that this one might've been a runt. It seemed uncomfortable as it crawled through my door and it struggle to break the bolt of my door which I could've kicked in with a bit of effort. For this thing to be a decent hunter at it's size it'd have to be stronger than me. And it seemed wrong. But to really know I'd need to run into another and I've got to pray to God this thing was unique cause if there are others I'm not gonna survive long. I don't know what to do with the body now though. I can't just leave it in my front entrance and I really don't want to leave close to my door where it might attract scavengers, or worse, friends. I'll figure that out tomorrow.

Silver linings, I didn't have to deal with the things corpse. Something else did. Dragged it's ass out my door, left marks and blood for a few feet out the hatch and then disappeared. It must've picked up the body and carried it off. I was right, I'd killed a runt. God help me. I'll have to fortify. I need to make a proper bolt for my hatch and set up some real traps. It would be great if I had a few more people. But I doubt that'll happen, it's been well over a year and there's been no sign of other humans. I don't want to die.

I've reinforced my hatch, it's now made of small logs bound by rope and nailed together, my bolt is an inch diameter branch set a foot into the ground beside it, I set up more cans and I can set up some firecracker traps, old school m60s with tripwires to strike matches near the fuse, but that's about it.

Forgot my name, but this is me.

Up to Chapter 020 on fire-breather.com. I'm hitting one chapter a day, but I don't know how long that'll last.

bump

Attached: aquisition of a swordarm in briton.png (677x559, 1.05M)

glad you like it

bump

Attached: US-army-patches.jpg (960x720, 69K)