*stops the German war machine*

Nothing personnel, kinder

Attached: mild flurry.jpg (800x542, 166K)

it wasnt the winter that stopped the germans, it was their over extended supply lines and overtaxed logistical train

winter was just the final dump that russia decided to take on barborossa after a long string of problems that should have told them that victory was not gonna happen

Don't ruin my meme with your fucking autism I got Holy Trips and you got Hitler dubs so let's just bask in this

>expecting Turks to operate well in the snow

stupid burger.

>implying hitler gave winter clothing to german soldier
>implying stalin didnt call in siberian fighters who were trained to fight in the cold
>implying germans didnt have to leave their horses on the side of the road as frozen as a popsicle

Attached: 1413085237291s.jpg (125x83, 3K)

Attached: 123431243124123.png (800x600, 629K)

the germans were woefully underprepared for it and the soviets were exploiting it greatly
the lack of winter clothing was a symptom and not a cause of the greater problems with the german supply system

winter, by itself, was not what stopped germany
it was a combination of germany being unable to properly deliver goods across an incredibly wide front covering an area three times the size of france while also running every train and truck they had absolutely ragged and facing much stiffer, better organized, soviet defenders who were willing to dig in rather than flee

Funny how Russian winter killed more Russians.

>better organized, soviet defenders
There's this funny part in Hoth's memoirs "Panzer Operations" where he mentions the Soviets are sending the Germans supplies for up to two days on average because they can't keep up with the territory they lost. They were literally supplying the German army for them. Easier just to spout military channel memes than read a book though I guess.

the blitzkrieg was stopped by the rasputitsa, not the winter. in fact the winter was beneficial at first since it hardened the roads again.

it was the deep soft mud from that rasputitsa that stopped the german war machine, preventing all vehicles and tanks, as well as heavy weapons from moving forward, thereby delaying the attack on moscow a whole month. by then it was too late and the germans were fucked.

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1981-149-34A,_Russland,_Herausziehen_eines_Autos.jpg (800x532, 82K)

>Easier just to spout military channel memes than read a book though I guess.
the real military history meme is the "soviets were only saved by winter" part that glosses over the sheer strain the germans had keeping up with their rapid gains

>the real military history meme is the "soviets were only saved by winter" part that glosses over the sheer strain the germans had keeping up with their rapid gains
Ha yeah you're right. All I'm saying is that the Soviets were not well organized or anywhere near decent. I'm just burned out of tankies and commutards trying to push the "deep battle" meme when their lead theorists got purged and their own side got deep operationed hard from the get go.
Good post. I've heard that the Mongols used to attack in winter for this reason, but I'm not sure if that's just folklore or not desu.

This. Russia's extreme poverty and technological backwardness is ironically what saved them. Germans weren't used to using such shit-tier roads, they'd been invading white countries like France, Czechoslovakia, and Poland for the past few years.

i meant better organized in comparison to their previous showing at ukraine, where entire armies made unauthorized retreats

by the time the germans were at the gates of moscow, the russians had seriously re-armed and were no longer going to simply fold when poked or outmaneuvered

>dabs on the entire German War effort
Not even the red hoard can compete.

Attached: B-24_Liberator_Consolidated-Vultee_Plant,_Fort_Worth_Texas.jpg (860x665, 147K)

he... yet, the soviets still got assraped
look up the battles of rzhev and all previous operations
the germans hold their grounds close to moscow (with some setbacks) until april '43
their glorified Zhukov bit his teeth out at this front for over a year and they lost probably over 2 million soldiers while the germans only lost ~700k
>mfw be a german soldier
>have only summer clothing
>be somewhere near moscow
>russians in front of me
>partisans behind me
>lack of food and supplies due overextended supply lines and bad weather
>constant harassment from all sides
>fingers are freezing off
>russians are sending their elite forces from the far east
>they outnumber us in everything, troops, guns, airplanes, tanks
>they are lead by their best general
>they cut us off with their elite paras who teamed up with the partisans
>they are short supply lines, are near their capital and fight on their home turf
>they are charging on the back of a t34 my position perfect winter equipment and PPSH's
>while im sitting here with my no support and only armed with a K98
>still managed to kill 3 of them before i have to abandon my position a few kilometers back, fight through partisan and para infested territory
lmao!

Attached: 1542716294616.jpg (473x642, 54K)

autism

>gases all the kikes in .5 seconds

Attached: smelly german lady.jpg (1217x1697, 197K)

Binland is warmer than russia tho

nay

Attached: 1539095161131.gif (268x185, 1.43M)

mental illnes

Doesn't matter what your K:D ratio is when you still lose.

dubs of truth

Attached: Temperature_avg_01_en_big.gif (1148x721, 283K)

>Green where most of the Russian front was
>Cyan-ish in Finland

yeah yeah

Attached: Body of frozen Soviet soldier propped up by Finnish fighters to intimidate Soviet troops, 1939.jpg (900x1145, 154K)

disco

It was actually just the Germans lack of oil and other raw materials

The Germans fought like hell. They shoulda never invaded Russia. They shoulda sent their boys home to make babies and work in factories. After Russia invades, counterattack and free the lands they hit instead of mass graving them

Wo ist die Luftwaffe?

dabs on the entire british bloodline

Attached: f9b4da7bc85ecf19afbd4f70d0df47b0.jpg (1242x1230, 117K)