Self Defence, how do they work?

Is screaming "I will fucking kill you" at someone etc enough justification for lethal force?

Or does it have to get physical for it to be legal?

Of all the retards in this video, who is least retarded?

Attached: fyc.jpg (660x421, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/292847439
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What matters is you need to convince a jury that you had a reasonable fear for your life or the life of someone else. For example if someone threatens to kill you a bunch, then rushes you with a bat.
But I believe some states require you to make every attempt to de-escalate or remove yourself from the situation, as opposed to daring them to come at you.

You would likely get assraped in court and then in prison. Someone saying something isn't much of a justification for murder. They gotta back it up and you gotta prove you havnt been purposefully walking into bad neighborhoods and shooting up thugs with the claim that They said they were gonna culturally appropriate you

>you gotta prove you havnt been purposefully walking into bad neighborhoods and shooting up thugs

So, killing criminals is against the law in America?

No wonder your crime is so high.

>I believe some states require you to make every attempt to de-escalate or remove yourself from the situation, as opposed to daring them to come at you.

This is basically why they are in jail. They didn't really make any attempts to de-escalate. You get the sense that they were waiting for him to attack rather than trying to prevent him from doing so.

If I get accosted by an armed thief in a dark alley is the onus on me to "de-escalate"?

Vigilante justice is illegal everywhere that has a court system. You can't just go into a low income area and start shooting people you "think" are criminals.

Damn consitution promises due process. If not im sure the liberals would have cleansed us long ago

No, because the armed thief isn't goad a violent reaction out of you. He's trying to rob you and will mostly do it in 30 seconds. This mattress affair had going on for at least a couple days, and both sides continually escalated it until one of them ended up dead. I don't think they were entirely wrong to bring weapons, but they also could have done more to de-escalate the situation.

>This mattress affair
So, what actually happened?

But you can't just let somebody tell you what to do with your mattresses it's a matter of principle and masculinity

No. You can go where you legally please. The matter is deescalation, and that's state by state.

This, it's sad but our heroes are going away for a long time

vimeo.com/292847439

Attached: 1548686878302.jpg (793x671, 44K)

>vimeo.com/292847439

Is it wrong to think that video was worth a human life?

Attached: fffjj.png (117x192, 41K)

I doubt it

I think it's pretty safe to say the world would be a better place without any of the people in that video; except maybe the dead guy's wife

It depends.
Is he screaming at you while charging at you with a knife? Shoot away.
Is he yelling at you from the ground floor, just standing there, while you're on a third floor balcony? Enjoy prison.

>practically egging on the confrontation

She's as bad as the rest of them

>I don't think they were entirely wrong to bring weapons
They were. One went and got a gun and came back.

>suddenly carrying weapons in America isn't okay

when did you all turn into soft-cocked faggots?

if someone attacks you for doing legal activities they deserve to die and you shouldnt go to prison for it

Reminder that if they weren't so fucking stupid and simply kept their weapons concealed until mattressman brought out the bat they would still be freemen today.

I think you'll have a hard time convincing a jury that your life was in danger if you had enough time to walk inside your house and grab guns