We nuclear arms race again

We nuclear arms race again

Attached: Screenshot_20190131-142414.png (1873x2048, 2.51M)

So what does it mean?

>nuclear weapons
>relevant

pick one

Finally we'll get some nice medium range ballistic missiles again.

50s technology gave us some of the most badass military technology ever conceived and it makes my dick hard thinking about what we can do now

Attached: 220px-Convair_F-106A_Delta_Dart_1.jpg (220x147, 5K)

I'd rather have a space race with china desu.

Thank idiot white people for voting for nigger Obama to apologize for slavery becuase that faggot fucked up NASA for life.

We'd walk on the moon - again - while China is busy photoshopping another probe.

For real, right? I keep waiting for people to realize that the last half of the 20th century was as much about the development of computers as it was civil rights.

Consider some grad student in EE in 30 years in Indonesia of all places. Do you think MLK or Robert Noyce will have a bearing on his day to day? In 200 years, they'll be looking back at the 21st century as the dawn of solar system colonization, and I'd like to be part of that history in some helpful way.

The INF treaty was about weapon eange, not nuclear weapons.

Attached: SloMo1.webm (1000x720, 619K)

I hope Russia nukes California and New York.

Too late America. China already leads.

That fireball looks kind of like a giant boob crashing into the ground.

would I survive that if I hid in a refrigerator?

We lost our way, it's been almost half a century since we invested on a national level on space exploration while countries like China have caught up and may even surpass in a few years

Attached: gordonnukes.png (612x387, 397K)

We launched an ICBM from a C130 just to see if we could. In the 60s we could insert nuclear equipped UDT teams anywhere in the world in 24 hours. Although it was a failure then, I think we could rework the Davy Crockett for some fun shit. Let's go, boys. It's about to get all Fallout up in here.

if you turn it on you would be kept safe from the heat

is that a genie?

I want off this planet. Let the commies and the jews nuke each other, but only after I made it to Mars.

How come Euroshitskins aren't getting involved in meaningful space exploration? Why is it only China leading the way?

Not enough rocket scientists. It's why they're desperately trying to import more from Africa and the ME.

Why cant they join in with China?

Wait what?

He scrapped all the planned missions and turned the organization into a global warming research center. He also cut their funding to redirect it to gibs
Trump give no shits about nasa as well.

China has functional space program and will likely put people on the Moon in a decade meanwhile the US will still be struggling to build some rocket out of shuttle scrap. I don't see how it's going to be a race. Rather its looking more like a massacre answered by chest beating about "muh Apollo we won already no point doing more heh take over the solar system it doesn't matter USA USA USA" but only from the patriotic bunch. The others will wave red flags and cheer in bad Chinese.

Attached: 723909F5-6BB4-42FB-8DB1-E76455EF2D3B.jpg (1024x1024, 154K)

make three wishes

Attached: Plumbbob_John_Nuclear_Test.jpg (388x484, 24K)

Who fucking cares? The entire solar system is shit-tier rocks and gases

lmao

Do you seriously not understand how China works? There isn't any "joining" with them.

What missions?

Semi-centrally planned economies and nanny state culture.
As long as the planners give no fucks no fucks will be given and currently nobody considers space valuable aside from pride/prestige and the yuropoors don't want any of that.

>manned space exploration = space program
80 IQ

Constellation.

>Implying the us won't instantly fund every NASA pipe dream when China starts doing impressive stuff in space.
Space battleships here we come

>Weapon that can obliterate large portions of a city and contaminate land for decades
>Irrelevant

spending billions of tax dollars AGAIN
Contracts for all the contractors of the 1% to get richer

>weapons that sit in silos for decades before being scrapped after getting too old

Yes, irrelevant

This user is correct. The Constellation Program would have given us a Heavy-Lift Rocket, a Man-Rated Vehicle far superior to the current Orion Spacecraft and aimed to have us back to the Moon by 2020, a permanently-staffed Moon Base to follow short and long duration missions and, ultimately, a manned mission to Mars. Obama wiped it and replaced it with Bullshit.

>aimed to have us back to the Moon by 2020, a permanently-staffed Moon Base to follow short and long duration missions and, ultimately, a manned mission to Mars

As a taxpayer, why should I support any of this shit?

>Semi-centrally planned economies
Just stop.

Attached: 1456849664546.png (795x1022, 435K)

Because it's a massive leap in human reach and ability. Just because you're fucking retarded and oppose shit you don't like doesn't mean humanity should stall and wait for you to stop being stupid.

we're wasting the money either way, we might as well get something out of it

This is the same dumb shit that people say "global warming isn't real because I don't understand it" and then a politician stops progress in scientific avenues because they're a dumb Christian or some shit.

>humanities reach

Mars is a shithole.
The moon is a shithole
.Venus is a shithole

There's literally nothing out there worth exploring.

>I don't know anything about it but we shouldn't do it because I have an opinion

Yeah, maybe in 2030, after spending 130 billion more than planned.
The SLS is a shitshow, but lets not pretend the Constellation program was anything better

Yeah, you're right, there might be some microscopic fossils of long-dead bacteria on Mars.

Totally worth 100 billion dollars.

T. Brainlet

Attached: 1301157681563.jpg (523x426, 31K)

How many trillions were spent on the minuteman missiles only to be destroyed

your tax dollars

>That vatnik hysteria
Kind of reminds me the Soviets noping 180° fuck out of Europe after Perishing placement in Western Europe.

what is russia gonna come up with when their economy is smaller than texas?

Attached: laughing_moomins.jpg (350x346, 31K)

Literally could become a post-scarcity civilization if we could go out there with relative ease

How many trillions have we wasted on the drug war, war in general or other useless things that haven't gotten anyone anywhere. Imagine if we threw those trillions into science and research where would we be?

Better than spending it on nigger gibs and more pointless wars in the sandbox. At least if we establish a self sufficient colony on mars with at least 5k people humanity can survive once we inevitably nuke the planet.

You are dumb as fuck.

>I don't want my tax dollars going to poor people
>but I like paying a corporation money to take care of poor people because wealth distribution bad but giving money to a profit company to do the same thing is good.

Aries I was legit a good manned transport

>Imagine if we threw those trillions into science and research where would we be?

Bladerunner 2049

Fuck yeah bring back real life mini-nukes

Ask the japs if they feel the same

Most of your tax money goes to social security and medical, user

>As a taxpayer, why should I support any of this shit?

It will inevitably aid in efforts to improve our satellite and communication tech, further the race to make use of orbital resources (each asteroid is a literal gold mine), and show other countries just how cool we are. There's economic benefits on top of bragging rights, a good investment by any means.

Nothing. The INF treaty is obsolete. It just covers land based missiles with range between 500 and 2500 kilometers.
Containerized ship missile? Put it on land, done.
2 stage ICBM? Remove the firs stage, done.
If you really want to be a dick take a sea launched missile, dig a ditch, fill it with water and put it in there. LEGAL!!!

>inb4 lol different software cant put on land

The following countries also (have/probably/can make within year) the missiles without being treaty bound
China
Israel
Pakistan
India
Saudi Arabia
South Korea
North Korea
Japan
Taiwan
Iran
Egypt
Turkey
France
UK
Germany
Ukraine
and more.

>It will inevitably aid in efforts to improve our satellite and communication tech

So I can check facebook quicker? Oh boy, I cant wait.

Those "fingers" going out of the fire ball are the wires holding up the tower the bomb is on, they get fried by x-rays and vaporize (then the plasma is charged by the x-rays some more) before the fireball reaches them.

We already had plenty of missiles with a range of "499 km"
Now we can just be obvious about it

>each asteroid is a literal gold mine
Spend that bandwidth on learning how to read

This,wth. This board has actual retards in it.

That's no news, has always been like that. The treaty only exist because Texan crazy gun man and Ruskie pockmark on face man needed some foreign policy win to sell at home. The whole treaty has been nonsensial from the start.

>40453558
Better than paying for La fonda's 4th child

we abandoned the gold standard user

Apply any other metal instead of gold then

It gave you the ability to bitch about it on this malaysian pit viper emporium

you have gold in your phone dipshit

Constellation had one more crucial advantage - it started from the ground up. In other words it trained engineers and workforce on design and manufacturing of all the needed vehicles rather than management and maintenance, which is what NASA has been doing for decades and in the process losing the people who could make a moon rocket to old age and retirement.
Obama cancelled it, then lobbyists in congress voted into law creation of super heavy lift vehicle to keep jobs and here we are now with no rocket no missions and no people experienced enough to make them without major fuck ups and waste of time and money.
Meanwhile the chinks have been steadily chugging at it.

And there's plenty on Earth

successful trolls are successful
if only people knew how to ignore posts

>Meanwhile the chinks have been steadily chugging at it.

Chugging their own dicks maybe.

Their own heavy lifter? The Long March 9, first time i heard of it was back in school, 2005. And it will fly in 2030. At least 25 years from idea to flying. In that time NASA went from nothing, to the moon and back to (nearly) nothing.

Rocks made of literal platinum floating high above you
is that better? Just tow it to orbit and slice it up crash the markets overnight

Imagine not having developed object permanence as an adult.

>crash the markets
This isn't a good thing

I work for a consulting group that advises on evolving threat dimensions in Central Asian countries. I am a director with a PH.D. that gets paid too much to work honestly 20 hours a week in a salaried position. Anyway, Hillary Clinton was, as everyone is aware, the favored candidate to win although we predicted a win for Jeb! as well (in late 2015, that is). It's my personal belief, derived from months of very specific threat analysis, that several three letter large roundtable groups that you probably know wanted to agitate separatist groups in multiple non-state, barely functioning "countries." We were doing an incredible amount of research in 2015 and 2016 for a few of these groups. My constant nagging suspicion, because of thesis, was, to put it bluntly Russia's nukes are less reliable now than they were in the late 1980s and they wanted to "strike while the iron is hot." This news today from Reuters is huge. This changes a lot of input variables.

It is if you're not the dude profiting of 20k$ for 1g of platinum
Can you imagine gold being cheaper than gas? Food literally being thrown down to various shitholes from orbital farms? Fuck youre dumb

I'm sorry, is there another weapon that creates giant ball that is an order of magnitude hotter than the core of the Sun?

>rods from god, but the rods are chicken wings
Aight, you convinced me.

Project Marauder

Nothing other than nuclear weapons becoming a bigger money sink

>Can you imagine gold being cheaper than gas?

Then Gold loses value.

It's like you have no idea how markets work or something.

Do you seriously think more precious metals = suddenly no poverty on Earth?

Fuck you're thick m8

You're so smart

Project Marauder never existed user, stop talking about it. It is not relevant to the discussion

Your glow is showing

Nothing.... FOR NOW. We might get some cool new rocket designs and actual funding for NASA. Then we can get off this planet before the resource wars start and nukes suddenly become a rational choice again. I mean what else are you going to use to stop Metal Gear?

Attached: boom.webm (1280x720, 510K)

London to New York in 15 minutes
Almost free drought/disease free food
Orbital factories pumping stuff out non stop with no delivery cost
Lots of things we could've had right now if we focused on space instead of niggers

>space instead of niggers
They're the informal underclass still, they have a value to the people paying for them. If they were actually worthless do you think the government would put up with all their shit?

Yes

If only there was a way to feed and house the black population in exchange for manual labor.

Oh, wait...

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门CCPCorruption

Let's face it, guys, pols don't give a shit about NASA. The future of space lies in the hands of entrepreneurs. The first nigger to offer a home retirement community to rich people on the Moon, the first nigger to get a mountain of gold out of an asteroid, the first nigger to mine tritium and bring it to fuel fusion reactors, the first nigger to offer a Jewish ethostate on Mars after Israel is shoah'd - these guys are the future. At this point our democracy is so late stage that it's just gibs and theft and debnts until collapse.