/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

31K Edition

old:
LIYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = YES MOTHERFUCKER
LIYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = NO NO NO BAD IDEA

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 15234234234324.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

1st for don't join the infantry

How do I stop eating like disgusting fat piece of shit? I know what to eat and what not to eat, but I can't stop myself from gorging on sugar

when do we get our own board?

Almost done with college land, really thinking of aplying to OSC. I want to get my ass in shape mentaly and physically, but id rather kill myself painfully than enlist.

>how different is the OSC process than the meat grinder?

>can I get in with a pants on head retarded gpa? (2.4)

>can i reddit space?

join artillery

Bit of an off topic question, but it relates. How would /meg/ help a combat vet from offing himself this sunday?

WOW the fact that I can't even get the acronyms right should be testimony to my redardation

>>can I get in with a pants on head retarded gpa? (2.4)
Are you STEM? If not then you're probably fucked

Artillary men don't get into Valhalla

The memiest of all meme degrees....communication

They would shot him to ensure he doesn't kys himself.

Join a club or volunteer, like Team Rubicon or RWB, or show up for a vet’s funeral that died without family. Maybe hang out at he VFW but ymmv with the crustys, the can’t be off put by GWOT vets. Call up old service buddies; regardless, just get out of the house and talk to someone.

Talk to a recruiter, you're probably out of luck though, you can get on as an E-4 if you go enlisted though

Any engineering officers in here? I'm trying for marine or air engineering officer with the surface fleet (British, but any info's appreciated)
>What's your day-to-day like? How hands-on do you get to be?
>How's the management/engineering split? Which do you do more of?

Attached: 1548111925879.png (364x852, 131K)

FUCK, please tell me there is a way. My onitis' dad is a vet, I HAVE to become a butter bar somehow.
Do other branches have lower standards?

Attached: IMG_20190131_121438.jpg (1564x1564, 878K)

Hey guys
Anything I can do to ensure me getting into 75th RR?
>Any advice,tips,things that I can do?
>MOS that would beneficial towards 75th?
>How long should I take?
>What to do if I fuck up?
Down to answer any other questions you guys have.
>20/140lbs/shit eyesight/HS diploma
- - -planning to enlist THIS year- - -

Attached: trumpwall.jpg (540x546, 50K)

Option 40 you retard, maybe google a bit?

No other branches have higher, go talk to a recruiter though, even if you can't get into OCS there's nothing wrong with going in as an E-4 and sucking dick to try to fast track yourself to E-5 and trying to get in to OCS later

>My onitis'
Yeah good luck with that

Okay, I'll just go to Jow Forums.

Like what advice do you want? The answer is stop eating shit, no one can physically force you to stop shoving food into your fat fucking mouth but yourself, Jow Forums is going to tell you the same thing

Are the asvab tests all out of 100 points? I don’t see how I got a 91 by getting D minuses on all the tests, unless everyone else who takes the asvab is also a knuckle dragger since the AFQT is a percentile.

Attached: 6DAA7A1C-F61C-4132-9836-9A53FDAFF1FD.jpg (640x766, 87K)

>doesn't do well in school
>reaps what he sows
>can't fathom being enlisted
You're not special

have you considered killing yourself you fat fuck? your kind are disgusting and disgraceful. dont even bother joining the military. no likes a lazy fat ass

Discipline user. If you really want something, you'll do and sacrifice anything necessary to get it.
>sugar
I'm guessing you're fat and don't want to be. Get rid of all the junk within easy reach. Set tight budgets for food, do not allow for sweets no matter how cheap it is. Drink water for fluids only. Clearance may have a baker's dozen of donuts for $0.59, but you only fail yourself if it's in your hands. Leave it for some other fat nigger to shoplift.

It's designed for high school students

You're a retard
It's not graded out of 100. Fortunately retards worse than you are the bulk of the test takers but afqt doesn't matter at all. It's the section scores which each branch uses differently

It says that 2.0 is the minimum for most branches

>person can't swim
>joins the navy
Why do people do this? That's like going to Five Guys or In-N-Out and you don't like burgers.

Attached: Sunday's paper.png (483x470, 184K)

>Artillary men don't get into Valhalla
WHAT?

My told my army recruiter of a health problem I have and it's taking too long to get a waiver. If I just join another branch can I start off with a clean slate or will they know about my condition?

>artillery men dying a heroic death
lol never gonna happen

>toilet scrubbers and landscapers dying a heroic death
hate to tell you this user but infantry aren't gonna make it either

we already did this

Any one here from the CF i was looking in to joining and just wanted to chat with some one see what its like and hear it from some one serveing not a recuiter whos gunna make it sound like the best thing in the world to do but i been looking at the reserves and the aborginal entry program as a possibility cause im from a shitty reservation and need to get out

Attached: 427037EE-D657-40F9-962B-40A3E664DC92.jpg (1024x712, 56K)

Going to be leaving for basic soon in the CAF, should I bring extra pairs of glasses with me or will I be given any? I'm -5 in both eyes so i'm pretty well useless without them

So it fucking turns out

My old separation code of KFN "Medical condition existing prior to service" is legit waiver-able right now. Was talking to some bro's at the army recruitment. Entertaining the idea of rejoining, as either 89B ammo spec again, possibly small arms/arty repair, or 31B MP. You guys think this is a decent idea, or am I just fantasizing with when I was in and about to make a mistake?

My cousin was in your shoes, he had to enlist but damn it if he didn't outshine the rest of the turds around him. Enlist and use your maturity to stand above the rest. Go Army for that automatic E4 and try to get yourself to Sergeant by the time you get out, or go green to gold. It ain't the fastest way but you still have options man. Good luck to you, even just doing your 4 and getting out will leave you much better off than not doing it at all

Actually, also talk to your recruiter about WOFT, not sure if you'll make it but it's worth a shot

if you dont got anything else going on go for it

I felt euphoric when I swore in for the Air Force.
Just waiting on my ship date and I'm off bros

If we're entering peace time and joining the infantry is considered a bad idea, does that still apply to Rangers?
Will Rangers still be seeing action in our "peace" time in undeclared conflicts or will they be stuck stateside too?

Rangers still do plenty of work, and with Venezuela heating up there will be plenty more soon enough

Going Ranger is the only way you should go if you choose a combat MOS

I'd still say go non-combat and go after something that will net you a good job after your contract

Fair point
I feel like this Venezuela thing is a meme, I have a hard time seeing the US gain popular support for more Iraq/Nam style foreign intervention
Then again they could just do what Obunga did for almsot a decade and wage undeclared war

>Obunga
Cringe

I say it as a meme, relax. I'm not some Republican

>wants to go infantry
>dislikes republicans

Man you are going to have a rough time

Most infantrymen are dumb as a sack of dirt. He'll be fine.

>I'm not some Republican
Cringe

Attached: 1547247299880.jpg (640x640, 27K)

>23 year old HS dropout
>GED
>Didn't do shit in life after a couple deaths in my family
>want to get my shit together

what do

Attached: 1487825028492.png (1045x526, 55K)

Well if you like you can enlist.

Join army

Hey reddit fags
I know you found this site through Jow Forums but the Republican and Democratic parties are not the only two political ideologies on the planet
One can have grievances with both
If you think the Bush family and McCain are on your side you're wrong

S

>Bush
>McCain
>2019

Bro, what fucking year did you time travel from?

Are you expressing disgust because you think that NeoCons and RINOs are on your side?
Most Republicans are fuckign this country as bad as democrats
Voting red won't "save" America, our political system is fucked

is SFAS harder or on par with RASP?

Actually that's probably a bad question, I guess I should ask, which one is more physical?

I just can't stand the thought of being around highschool age fortnite dancing assholes and being treated like one too... The monotonous shit like mopping up the rain and shit. I mean I know it's to be expected being this age and having done jack shit but fuuuuuggg

Attached: armystronk.jpg (640x1136, 106K)

No you retard I'm spitting on grave. Fucking idiot

Then get a highly technical job or one that is just more difficult.
or don't join, but without having anything to offer to people in life you won't be treated magically better than people

Depends on if you’re strong or smart.
Cole Range during RASP is a a smoke fest, but team week and the star course can be grueling in other ways at SFAS. I’d say they’re equally taxing.

What do you want to do independent of military? Say in 5 years where would you like to be? 10?
What jobs help you get there?
start thinking like that and then try to incorporate how the military can help you out.

Oh, then I'm right there with you
S

I completely understand. I wish I would have stayed in school and gone to college for a couple years or something to have officer options

If its any consolation I think our founding fathers predicted such calamity and I believe our govt is inherently strong. It just has to outlast the monsters and dynasties

I want to join the airforce but I'm scared of heights

Let's say I'm slightly above average at PT right now but I'd like to believe I'm smarter than the average ranger recruit (I'm 22 too)... should I try for 18x or should I just drop this idea all together of being an operator.

>won't get to rasp in time to invade Venezuela
REEEEE

Well you didn't. Also officer requires a bachelor's.
You could still try to get an rotc scholarship but you'd need some really solid recommendations and likely to show you didn't suck at school... And also demonstrate you've been productive since in your essay.
It'd be harder for you but I don't think it's off the table if you wanted to do that.

holy shit its so obvious you're from reddit. go back faggot

I've been thinking about that a lot lately.
Maybe Sheriff's Deputy, border patrol, Game & Fish, Park Ranger, Armed security, something related to firearms/training

Lucky for you, the air force actually does minimal flying as long as you aren't a pilot or aircrew. Plenty of comfy jobs on the ground friend

Great. Most airmen don't fly around.

Assuming you have an employment history you could just apply and see what bites. Just know government jobs are slow to respond and take longer to hire than normal jobs.
really any job would help you get into those, just the experience means stuff to the feds and a lot of jobs in general. Private side gets tax breaks for vets they employ.

Is a fear of heights an issue at Airborne School?
Has anyone here ever seen anyone not pass it because of this?
This isn't really that important I just saw another user mention fear of heights and it popped into my head

>criticizing republicans is reddit tier
Not that user but wot m8

Assuming you can pass the APFT you just have to basically show up and not break anything

It’s just a saying, there’s strong rangers and then there’s smart rangers. Strong do well at RASP, smarts does better at SFAS. As for where to go, I’d recommend really thinking about the mission of the unit you want to go to. Obviously the 75th is strictly DA, and will be an, albeit non-traditional, infantry experience. SF is trying to get back to FID and more along the lines of instruction, they still do a ton of cool guy shit but under the guise of being able to pass on that knowledge. If you just want to strictly rooty tooty shooty and do shit like freefall and dive then look elsewhere.

What I'm asking is has anyone ever refused to jump due to fear of heights and gotten the boot?

It's heavily structured in such a way that they work you up to the real deal, you'll be fine... believe in the system

At the hotel for MEPS tomorrow morning and I noticed on my temporary job reservation paper, it doesn’t mention the quick ship bonus (while ship date is less than 30 days). At MEPS during the signing in, can I refuse to sign the contract because it doesn’t give the supposed bonus?

You are not legally obligated to sign anything.

Listen to You don't need to sign shit unless it's exactly what you were promised by your recruiter. It's a classic trick that they pull. Recruiter promises you X, then at MEPS they give you Y and you feel pressured to sign because there's a giant line and everyone's being rushed here and there.

Hell, I'll admit I fell for it. I checked the job, the rank, the bonus, yup, yup, yup ...forgot to check the enlistment term. Six years, not four. Dammit.

Do not feel any pressure to sign, do not feel any shame in saying "No, this is not the contract I was promised. It's OK, I will wait. I'll come back when you guys have your paperwork squared-away."
I mean, it's not like when you get to your first duty station, the others there will say, "Hey, that asshole was a pain in the neck at MEPS! Let's rush him!" No one will know, because no one will care enough to want to know.

You are never forced to sign anything. Definitely read it because what's on there is what you agree to and if it's not on there you agreed as well.

Can I join the military? I have bachelors in Chemical Engineering, but I can't find a job. I'm 27 btw.

Yeah high school kids do it all the time. You should probably try to be an officer though

21, associates degree, EMT1 license, got up to calc 3
Want to go into medicine since I was really good in EMT1 course
What do?
Talked to recruiter already, dude tried to sell me on nuke, immediately gave that a hard pass since nuke is apparently shit.
Any advice?

What is officer culture like?

Obviously, I'm not gonna be around a bunch fuckn kids who don't know how to do their damn laundry, but are officers know-it-all jackasses?

How do you get promoted quickly? Kissing ass and suckn dick, in addition to being good at your job, or what?

Enlist in anything medical then do IPAP or try to get into one of the academies then mil med school.

Just an nco but they vary. They're not universal in how they behave, in fact they are more diverse in personality than enlisted leaders as their scope is wider to allow them to do what they need to do.
boot officers are generally a bit quick on the draw to get their career started and fuck up a lot but it's understood and part of their growth. Their fuck ups aren't usually major anyway.
if you're worried about officer culture don't be an officer.
you can figure out promotions after you join when you decide to stick around or not since you'll get promoted normally at first

Appreciate that. What's your best and worst experience with your officers?

So I've signed a Nuke contract. I know, I'm fucked, 90 hour work weeks, no respect, no libbo ect. Save it, I've heard it and I made my choice. That said, what is the feasibility of and how stupid would it be to buy a car/home in Goose Creek with my bonus money? I'm from NY so the money for homes around those parts is ludicrously low compared to what everything around me is (Fuck NY, a state full of nigs and money grubbing merchants). I know I won't be able to drive until phase II of A school, but that still gives me a year or so of driving before I could give the keys to my wife while I'm away, the same idea applies to the house, she'd live there while I was at sea. Has anybody done this or have experience doing it?
>Inb4 Jodie

Attached: 1544563292385.jpg (800x600, 117K)

Would it be easier to waiver medical shit like eczema or to just lie about it and lay low during MEPS?

Theres no money in the reserves. You could make like 20k a year if your constantly on course and working full time in the summers.

I had eczema on my groin, went through MEPS last week. Marked down on all sheets I didn't have it, doc took one glance at it and didn't say a word. Remember; If you don't disclose it, they don't know it. You only have eczema if you tell them you do, if they make a comment on it, "it's just a rash". Maybe you didn't even know it was there.

im 22 and have only worked under the table construction. also no schooling besides highschool. also don't have a driving license, just a permit because thats all you need for under the table work.
do I not have enough credentials to join the army? I heard no employment record means they won't consider you.

Attached: 2ef.jpg (1280x960, 666K)

cheers, user

Attached: ehhl.png (922x889, 853K)

will joining the army help me develop basic life skills? like the little things for independence that you need to know?