Alternate Universe U.S. Military

In a freak accident, all the retarded U.S. Army generals were hit by a duty van, and without them the U.S. military adopts the best of everything.
>M16/M4 is kill
>XM8's for everyone
>M8 Light Tank's
>Woodland and Desert MARPAT (MarineARmyPATtern)
>AH-66 replaced the AH-64
>F23 won over the F22
>F32 Boeing killed the F35
>LAV-25 killed the Striker
How cool is the military now?

Attached: xm8_rifle-tfb.jpg (900x419, 125K)

What makes the XM8 better than the M4 in your mind?

>XM8
>the best of everything

opinion discarded. the AR is so streamlined through bns of $$$ being funneled into it it's basically perfect as it can be tailored to suit the needs of literally anybody. still, a basic bitch 500$ AP AR is leagues ahead of the XM8 in every department.

>F23 won over the F22
I thought you said that this was a "good things happen" fantasy.

R U L E _ O F _ C O O L

every one of those systems is garbage except maaaaaaaybe F-23, what are you doing?

how many drugs are you on?

>integrated optic
>the same gun that melted on the Germans with a different lowest-bidder plastic shell
>cool
No even by that measure.

Isn't the F32 too big

AH-66 doesn't even fulfill the same role as the AH-64.
It's closer to the armed Little Birds.

Anyways, even if it got adopted, your alternate universe would've replaced them with drones already.

xm8 had a gay way of mounting optics fixed instead allowing for basically anything to be strapped on quickly. Also had useless plastic styling on it and was basically just a little better g36

f22 wasnt the wrong choice but f23 would have been pretty great and sexy.

>the same gun that melted on the Germans with a different lowest-bidder plastic shell
you are a fucking idiot, dont reply to this post and never post anything on this board agian

Attached: 1657c68eb073090.jpg (650x969, 73K)

>XM8's for everyone
If only we had a G36 with a bodykit on it, what an upgrade that would be over the M4.
>M8 Light Tank's
Waste of money
>AH-66 replaced the AH-64
The Commanche was not an Apache replacement.
>F23 won over the F22
The F-22 was a better fighter, stay mad.
No
>LAV-25 killed the Striker
Not even remotely the same thing

You named all the shit projects that were killed with good reason while ignoring the actual good ones. Nice job.

>xm8 had a gay way of mounting optics
>more modular than muh modularity ar15
>less failures during testing

>M16/M4 is kill
>G11s adopted as ACR
>OICW with G11 based rifle component adopted later on

I don't believe for one second that the XM8 can beat the AR-15 in terms of sheer modularity. Maybe at the time, but definitely not today with stuff like M-Lok available.

>US ditches Abrams and adopts the Merkava

Attached: merk.png (1024x685, 982K)

>a rifle that melts
>a tank with no armor
>an attack heli that only carries six missiles
>the air superiority fighter from the company that went 15000% over budget with the B-2
>the JSF competitor that was too heavy to take off without the ground crew removing all the fucking fairings

what the actual fuck are you doing?

plenty of fish in the sea

Attached: 2xm8.jpg (850x911, 116K)

the AR has more variability in the available fire select switches than the HK has parts in total across the whole family.

>Buy a shittier tank than the one we have

Attached: garfielf.gif (640x360, 393K)

>the AR has more variability in the available fire select switches than the HK has parts in total across the whole family.
no

the metling meme has gone for too long, it is von der leyens fault for asking for a) cheaper manufacturing and b) cheaper ammo. The exports g36s are fine

Attached: 1548621891812.jpg (750x1334, 166K)

>no
yes

no

Attached: 1547670915634.png (842x598, 82K)

most certainly yes

Attached: 5699783.1440281661.jpg (800x534, 226K)

You really think there aren't variants of the AR which can easily fill all those roles?

definitly no

Attached: f9b4da7bc85ecf19afbd4f70d0df47b0.jpg (1242x1230, 117K)

does it matter even? no biogermn owns one or will ever own one.

Attached: equipped for total failure.jpg (720x480, 24K)

none that can change roles as quickly as the xm8, no

Attached: 1548594872723.jpg (1604x6750, 1.74M)

tell me when you get your rights back and greet feinstein from me

A B S O L U T E L Y
S E E T H I N G
L A D

>Er glaubt tatsächlich ich wäre ein Ami...

>he thinks I am an european

rent free

Attached: XM8 Full auto mag dump.webm (560x348, 2.04M)

How long does it take to swap out upper receivers?

>File: XM8 Full auto mag dump.webm (2.04 MB, 560x348)

fugg now I'm hungry for some grilled fish...

>B2
>bad
Nigger what in the absolute fuck did your mom drink in the womb?

In alternate world, we probably using this American-made instead of that Belgian Minimi...

Attached: image.jpg (724x221, 18K)

>tfw no g11

That image is like something a serial killer would have in their house

>initial estimate per-unit cost: $56 milion
>what it actually cost per unit: $737 million

Northrop fucking Grumman, folks. Not even once.

There was that alternate timeline episode of Stargate: SG1 where the Stargate wasn’t found and the US military was using A2s and woodland PASGT in 2020. Was pretty comfy desu.

Don't forget about the subcontractor McDouglas and the clusterfuck that was the A-12.

Make me faggot. I'll be in ur mom's bedroom waiting.

I hear it is, at long last, done and done in the courts.

>XM8
>better than the M4/M16

Not for the price they were charging it for. Other than that.

>How cool is the military now?

Basically Tom Clancy Universe-tier. Not as cool as the 1980s and 1990s, but still way better than our current universe.

Also

>no faggots, women, and trannies ruining my desire to enlist almost as much as the shitty aesthetics do

Attached: 90s A E S T H E T I C.jpg (2902x3842, 3.24M)

>US military was using A2s and woodland PASGT in 2020

Attached: awesome boner.gif (483x305, 147K)

>XM8's for everyone
And we all keep 7.62 as the main cartridge right? And Glocks are standard issue? We at least would have saved a billion or so in wasted research funding.

Attached: buschemi.jpg (692x978, 238K)

Except the rest of the shit on his list was goddamn retarded as well.

Kryptek camo wins and now is a replacement for m81. WOT never happened and so the army never changed to fight the doon coons.

Attached: arm-patch-1200.jpg (640x427, 60K)

>US military was using A2s and woodland PASGT in 2020

This is literally the only way you could ever get me to enlist in the modern US Military desu.

I don't believe in any of the wars. I have zero confidence in the government's ability to prosecute the wars it's currently in. I despise the faggotization of the American military (and American society in general and don't feel that it's worth defending). The only reason I would ever enlist would be so I can operate in M81 Woodland/Chocolate Chip Desert camo with an M16A2/M203 and die living out my childhood Cold War gone hot/Black Hawk Down fantasies.

Attached: US Soldiers on patrol with humvee Bosnia.jpg (1164x767, 354K)

Bruh, I feel ya. The problem is that my disillusionment with the current state of the US wasn’t complete until I was already locked into the military.
It’s an abstract sort of hell. The people are cool and I’m around aircraft a lot but it’s kind of sickening to see all these people so gung-ho and naively believing that they’re defending “beer-commercial America”. Also, the politics make me wanna die (organizations being staffed heavily with female officers very transparently for the purpose of being progressive).
Oh well, like 6 years from now I’m gonna get out with my Master’s Degree and be ANG in the ethnostate anyway.

>alternate universe
>US military is white

Screw the m8. Something like an lmt mrp is the service rifle of the future.

goddamn M81 the M16A2 was peak US military aesthetics

Let's take a look at those stoppage results again, faggot

The xm8 used a rudimentary system of attaching rails that was similar to mlok/ dickmod

What's this gun?

Not when the XM8 was a thing. The easy modularity was something it could call uniquely its own at the time.

F-14 gets upgraded to stay as the Navy's ASF

Attached: stealth-tomcat-concept-peter-van-stigt.jpg (900x562, 58K)

Attached: 5781bad9ac96b1b63a397f7fdf300466.jpg (1313x609, 38K)

Attached: chiasma-spirit-f14s-2.jpg (1421x800, 123K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>U.S. military adopts the best of everything
>XM8
Explain this

>operational date
>2032
Nigger, you are literally borderline retarded, for a 1st gen stealth aircraft to keep pace with 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th generation stealth aircraft is absolutely fucking impressive.

>US adopts the FAL

Attached: 1496725867131.jpg (800x585, 73K)

>Polymer fire control group
>Overpriced "stealth" helo to fight the last war
>Two planes which give me a stiffy but lost the contracts for a reason
Not very.

>>AH-66 replaced the AH-64

That's not what the AH-66 was even designed to do. It was a stealthy scout, not an Apache replacement.

An American LMG that is really lightweight and for some reason is only used by Danish Navy SOF

I hope Delta or AWG got some, they ran with Ultimaxes for a little bit of field testing in Iraq.

Holy shit hnng

>The people are cool and I’m around aircraft a lot but it’s kind of sickening to see all these people so gung-ho and naively believing that they’re defending “beer-commercial America”

I have that same feeling desu.

>Also, the politics make me wanna die (organizations being staffed heavily with female officers very transparently for the purpose of being progressive).

Yeah, when I was in high school (a very left-wing leaning one), I used to fantasize about joining the military, thinking it would be some kind of escape, a last bastion of American society that wasn't contaminated by liberal bullshit (figured at the time the defense department was the one institution that that powers that be couldn't afford to compromise, lest they wind up reaping what they sow). Just when I hit 18, DADT gets repealed and all this progressive bullshit starts up.

Now I feel like I have no place in this society desu.

>Oh well, like 6 years from now I’m gonna get out with my Master’s Degree

I've considered joining the Navy for career advancement. But part just doesn't have it in me. Feel like I'd be dishonoring myself if I cynically swore an oath to defend government that I would gladly stab in the back the first chance I got.

>and be ANG in the ethnostate anyway

I don't think the ethnostate will ever really be a thing unless a Second Civil War starts, in which case, most of us will be lucky if we're still alive within a couple of years of that shit kicking off. Let alone living in the Whitetopia described in Moonman songs.

They truly was. Panama and Gulf War I were truly the American Hail Mary.

Attached: us-army-ssgt-william-yurconic-from-the-511th-military-police-company-fort-drum-bba818.jpg (976x1532, 451K)

I want to see the timeline where the Army adopted the G11 for the ACR.

Attached: H&K G11.webm (640x480, 1.95M)

AK-47 is the best assault rifle.

This image is depressing. Why is the average woman so fucking retarded?

No.

Attached: 1543359503871.jpg (320x317, 11K)

woke

X M - 2 5
M
-

Attached: Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_Testing_the_new_XM-25_weapon_system.jpg (1920x1275, 345K)

>ctrl+f stoner 63
>no matches
baka senpai

Attached: Stoner63lmg-2.jpg (600x321, 60K)

>pic rel
Guess I'll fit right in

also we not discard the airborne laser

Attached: yal1.jpg (649x373, 18K)

>opinion discarded. the AR is so streamlined through bns of $$$ being funneled into it it's basically perfect as it can be tailored to suit the needs of literally anybody. still, a basic bitch 500$ AP AR is leagues ahead of the XM8 in every department.

Decades of development, billions of dollars, and still a prototype a medium sized german company quickly bashed together is more reliable.
Really makes you think.

Attached: dust.jpg (500x380, 25K)

Not that guy but I've heard some comments on Jow Forums about the way the conducted those tests.

>Not that guy but I've heard some comments on Jow Forums about the way the conducted those tests.

Yeah i heard they used european dust, totally unfair.

The Army did adopt it though. It just saw little service because it turned out to be a piece of shit.

The comparison was between rack-grade M4's and brand new guns for the test guns. Makes sense if you think about it, the army wants to see how much better new rifles would be over their current inventory, not a brand new M4.

There are also people talking about "stoppages" including failures of the M4 to complete a 3 round burst.

People who believe AR's are anything but reliable guns are idiots

>laughs in Wanat
Shut the fuck up you NPC.

6.5 Grendel gets adopted.
Lav25 is literally the Stryker, so the Stryker and all similar vehicles die and we get good 8x8s

Actually, replacing the DI with longstroke, ala FNC, would be a solid upgrade

>implying anyone would have ever used HK's fishgun

if we never went M14 we'd be too busy modernizing FALs at this point to give a shit about stinky HK and their G36 repackaging
>T48 FAL gets adopted
>.308 phases out of infantry rifles
>everyone is now using FAL as it was originally designed with an intermediate round
>HK shits itself and is now the equivalent of generic slavic gun companies churning out low-effort clones

Attached: 1540022295689.jpg (913x1171, 311K)

>People who believe AR's are anything but reliable guns
Know what carbon fouling is and arent retarded. They are also aware of the FNC longstroke system.

AR15s are plenty reliable if you use a good lube that dissolves carbon while still lubricating and keep it away from sand. Mineral particulate build up is not friendly to many guns unless they're rattly shits with loose tolerances and a shitload of reciprocating mass to punch past nature's favorite anti-lubricant.

>the U.S. military adopts the best of everything.

advanced power sources are declassified and distributed, which changes everything. basically we jump directly to a classic scifi world of energy weapons and shielding, all sorts of crazy free flying/levitating shit. there is no more standard infantry, only optionally-manned micro flying tanks.

>mfw World in Conflict timeline

That's all I really want desu

Attached: US Soldiers taking cover with civilians Invasion of Panama.jpg (2560x1681, 374K)

>has never fired a weapon in anger at brown people in their own land for no higher purpose than to shed blood
>acts like the perceived reliability of a weapon platform is important to him

I mean i know it's a butthurt sensitive topic, obviously, but let's put memes aside for a second.

The think H&K has going for them is german superanal turboautism. If you are the german army for example, and give H&K specs for a new gun, you're gonna give them literally a couple hundred of pages of specs this gun has to fullfil. And H&K will then build a gun and test every single fucking spec with a test that was actually designed together with the german army to prove that the spec is meet.
Yeah, they don't just write up specs that need to be matched - they write up *exactly* how the spec has to be tested.
That's H&Ks big strong suit. They test shit literally to death. That's why H&K has the reputation of not only being expensive gucci, but also reliable.

Doesn't mean shit is perfect, just means shit is usually quite well engineered and you can have a high confidence the shit will work.

H&K has also a tendency to overengineer shit.

Look at the MK23 pistol, nobody could meet the insane specs like 60k rounds +p+ ammo and 5000 rounds between failures. H&K could. They're used to getting insane specs and then working towards them. It's their thing. It's their game.

Look at the G28 the german army adopted. An 8kg+ (that's like 18 pounds) (loaded, scopes) AR-10. Why is this shit so heavy? Well the upper is steel. You ever seen a steel upper AR-10? H&K got specs from the german army for accuracy, drop tests, and 30 years lifetime. And H&K determined that an aluminium upper would not be capable of holding zero with a heavy scope mounted and being drop tested. So they made it out of fucking steel.
Now H&K also says it's a 1.5 MOA gun and the most accurate self loader in the world. Now you probably gonna go "user, 1.5 MOA isn't that good". Yeah, but what about 1.5MOA with military standard issue ammo after being drop tested from 1.5m onto concrete?
That's the shit H&K does.

I don't think the AR-15 is an unreliable piece of shit. But i am entirely certain that a G36 or an XM8 is more reliable. Maybe by a factor of 2 or 3 even. The reason is that the G36 and the XM8 seal up better, and that the gas piston has a lot less surface area that can carbon foul, and if it carbon fouls, the forces per surface area are so great that it blows the carbon out.
H&K tested the G36 with 60.000 rounds without spare parts or lube used, and never cleaned it. Try that with an AR-15. You'll foul up the gun so bad it will jam eventually.
Is that relevant im combat? Idk. Probably not.

I'm not an H&K fanboy, in fact i hate the company. I think stupid management decisions have driven it into the ground. I think a lot of the stuff they made could be better. They've stuck to roller delayed way too long. The G36 has way too much polymer and not enough steel in the receiver. And the HK416 is .. uninnovative. Well done gun, but uninnovative. And the HK433 makes me think their manufacturing engineers are all retired, because look at that thing. Extruded aluminium reciever which then is milled and has a part welded to it. Who the fuck builds guns like that.

Aesthetics fags are worse than trannies.

wouldnt the xm8 be a meltomatic like the g36

Yes

>XM8's for everyone
how about further back we got FAL's instead of M16's?

I was thinking about getting a 417, should I?