Favorite, best fighting knives used in war. The knives. How they were used. Why they were designed the way they were...

Favorite, best fighting knives used in war. The knives. How they were used. Why they were designed the way they were. The successful, the failures. Theater made, issued. I'll start with this Case and the v42 stiletto. Pretty simple and effective design for the intended use.

Attached: 1_7e7b8b70a8721eb68d875ca8acf44bc3.jpg (500x375, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnXpMRI5KYg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber_Mark_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 91994.jpg (400x515, 42K)

Floyd Nichols fighting knife.

Attached: nichols_3.jpg (4893x3668, 3.75M)

east bloc AK 47/74 bayonets are actually pretty kino. absolute practicality, you have wire cutters (which can even cut electric fence wires), a saw blade on the back, a really nice sheath and frog, and a strap to make easier to use for some throat slitting action.

Attached: LG-4.jpg (3432x2162, 2.26M)

Cole knuckle knife.

Attached: knucks-02_thumb.jpg (1400x856, 110K)

The Gerber MK2 is the greatest fighting knife ever developed. Read into it’s use in Vietnam, got banned from being used while deployed for a while due to the violence with which it was used

Attached: 997EF7CA-F83D-43D6-8497-F7447D001193.jpg (1360x1015, 104K)

kukris are also nice forgot to mention.

Attached: xd4f6f36fe.jpg (576x286, 73K)

>Reminder that pure combat knives were daggers, almost always
>Reminder that bigger is better, in most cases
>Reminder that handguards are to protect you from your own blade, not your enemys blade

That said, I still like the bowie. A great compromise for stabbing, hacking and cutting, a good tool and good weapon at the same time.

Attached: Bowie_Knife_by_Tim_Lively_16.jpg (487x248, 23K)

It's not a coincidence the shape has been used in combat "knives" for a long time.

Attached: Consider+the+humble+grosses+messer+_7b27156385caa3412e0f3567456ad5cb.jpg (960x537, 126K)

Bowie knives are from an era when getting into knife fights when guns were around wasn't pure retardation, I'd say that's a pretty good sign of them being good fighting knives.

>Grosse Messer
Relevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=LnXpMRI5KYg

The arkansas toothpick was also a thing though.
Daggers>Knives, but only by so much.

Attached: 0008607_arkansas-toothpick_550.jpg (550x550, 120K)

>Read into it’s use in Vietnam, got banned from being used while deployed for a while due to the violence with which it was used
Link??

The cold steel maa messer is supposedly a pretty good sword... but not actually a messer by construction, ironically.

I don't know if they work but I always liked how the Ek Knives looked.

The old, original version.

Attached: original.jpg (850x500, 219K)

And the new version, manufactured by Ka Bar.

Attached: new.jpg (1100x797, 331K)

we don't need no stinkin links on Jow Forums
we just make up legends

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber_Mark_II

Just read the wiki on it if you want more just click the references. It couldn’t be sold on a base for a while cuz people were being real savages with it lmao. Also prob cause some army autist cut himself but who knows, price is only bout $70 if you get it from the right store but from what I’ve seen the quality is right on. Also was the recommended knife in a few controversial books, literally everything about this knife is designed with hand to hand combat in mind. Thin blade makes it easier to penetrate and go in between bones like the ribs to stab the organs and all that. Same deal with the Stiletto (which is the reason it’s a restricted weapon in a lot of states, lot of people don’t know that’s the reason) cept the Mark two has a stronger and somewhat thicker blade since stilettos are known for breaking on impact with a hard object. Not saying the Mk2 is the perfect all around knife, I wouldn’t use it for utility work or opening cans or cutting wires. anything like that’d definitely fuck it up real quick

Attached: C930294A-1FB5-41AA-ACDA-A9F945553D68.jpg (382x751, 33K)

they are shit steel cant cut for shit cant even be sharpened to a usable, they are a useless bayonet and a useless knife like all bayonet knives IMO

The Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife. Another battle tested well known knife like the Case, EK, and others.

Attached: smooth-handled-p3-001_orig.jpg (1100x778, 221K)

Fairbairn said “In close-quarters fighting there is no more deadly weapon than the knife. In choosing a knife there are two important factors to bear in mind: balance and keenness. The hilt should fit easily in your hand, and the blade should not be so heavy that it tends to drag the hilt from your fingers in a loose grip. It is essential that the blade have a sharp stabbing point and good cutting edges, because an artery torn through (as against a clean cut) tends to contract and stop the bleeding. If a main artery is cleanly severed, the wounded man will quickly lose consciousness and die.”

Applegate-Fairbairn collaboration.

Attached: 120543DES (1).jpg (2500x1251, 175K)

>>Reminder that pure combat knives were daggers, almost always
nice memes

Are you the same guy who posts that in every knife thread?

Kind of a stretch with that claim. This is one of the ones from Vietnam. I actually owned one like the one you posted a long time ago.

Attached: e6a832c24c7d66e08e994c173b0f22bd (1).jpg (1536x906, 478K)

Another.

Attached: 7_10b-037.jpg (2669x2667, 2.25M)

Fuck you nigger I’ll make poopoo on you just watch