Would you feel comfortable spending a few days in the Cascades in Washington state with only a Winchester 94 and an M&P...

Would you feel comfortable spending a few days in the Cascades in Washington state with only a Winchester 94 and an M&P 45? I’m going on a trip with some friends and those are my only guns, and they’re saying they’re not going to be enough for what might be in the woods in Washington.

Attached: 402F6785-E923-4D89-8AF8-2A2E02144270.jpg (3940x2670, 542K)

bring a gps transponder so we know what happened when you get missing411ed

Yes. Quit being a pussy.

There’s like 3 little 150lb black bears there and maybe a few wolves that will wind you and be long gone before you’d even see them.

Dude i drop moose with a .32 special winchester 94 and i bum around northern ontario with only that so i feel u should be fine

Not going to be enough?
What, are you planning on waging guerrilla warfare and assaulting hidden enemy bunkers or something?

>.32 special winchester 94
my nigga

Don't be the retard who tries to pet a grizzly bears cubs and 30-30 will be fine for whatever you need, honestly you probably won't even fire a shot at anything other than some cans.

PNW is skinwalker country user. make sure you get your ammo blessed by a priest

Attached: rural_def.png (1600x740, 2.39M)

>Would you feel comfortable spending a few days in the Cascades in Washington state with only a Winchester 94 and an M&P 45
Yes. Just load hardcasts.

Attached: cyYqBGq.png (691x597, 4K)

Never going to make it.

Attached: operatebitch.jpg (640x423, 20K)

You would probably be fine unarmed and there's an actual chance of outright having cell coverage most of the time depending on carrier.

There's plenty of people all over out there, not remotely as spooky as the barren wastelands or the for actual rocky mountains found further inland. Just don't be a dumbass in the woods and you'll be fine, generally speaking.

Attached: redfish.jpg (1800x1200, 305K)

If you don't have an AR with 6 loaded mags in a chest rig and at least 3 spares for the pistol you will imminently die

>that definition

What about Moose though, I figure those are probably the biggest danger in the area

Never be ashamed of a proper gun-boner

With a 30-30 lever gun, I wouldn’t worry at all. You probably won’t see anything if you make a bit of noise while you walk. Just try not to spook anything.

Defending against a moose and trying to take it down with one shot are two different things, if you're fast enough with your 94, a .30 calibre round will probably keep you fairly safe.

>Would you feel comfortable spending a few days in the Cascades in Washington state with only a Winchester 94
Of course.
>they’re saying they’re not going to be enough for what might be in the woods in Washington
Unless you run into manbearpig, I think a Winchester 94 will be plenty.

Yes, absolutely, that's a rock solid rifle and a rock solid pistol. Pack good ammo and you're fine.
I recommend hardcasts for the .45, and Hornady polymer tips for the .30-30

.30-30 would be maybe a liiittle bit on the lower end for an adult moose, but I figure it could still do it, as long as you're not like 300ft away.

This too. Mind that a lever-action can be repeated pretty fast, and a fistful of .30-30 Winchester adds up.

Attached: ODL0116_SHT11.png (1000x664, 613K)

Dude you will be fine

It depends on when your Winchester was made.

Yes.

Just bring a knife and Bear Grylls your way through the mountains

Ya see user, up round these parts it's not the gun that matters as much as your ammo.

You're gonna need some of the following;

-Iron tipped slugs for fey
-HE for wiindigo
-White ash for skinwalkers
-JHP for hippies
-Incendiary for the God of the Lost

Remember those and have your personal incantation memorized for shadow people. After that make sure your powder is dry and you leave a proper offering for the unnamed at the northern most shrine.

Sounds like a comfy trip and your firearms are fine. People are retarded about calibers today. Don’t listen to them.

I swear you assholes all live in fucking basements and never go outside. I've spent literally years worth of time in the Cascades and Rockies and nothing is going to hurt a group of you and your buddies during your circle jerk unless you forget to lotion up and accidentally chafe each other up.

Perfectly fine, your friends are just pussies. You don't seem like a guy that goes outside very often if you're asking that.

There is nothing in Washington state that should even register as a threat to you

isn't there a lot of druggies there

I have a variety of semi automatic rifles but I always take my .308 Ruger gsr when camping in the Cascades. It's hard to beat at that weight and versatility

yes, in fact just lovely. what you need is four cheap pir/tripwire perimeter alarms unless you plan to stay awake all the time or pull shifts.

No fucking Moose is going to attack you dipshit.

.30-30 and .45 Auto would do pretty decently against druggies.

During breeding season, Male Moose are complete cunts, not rare for them to attack people.

No moose.
yes:
bear
cats
coyote
Maybe wolves.

You're going to be fine. Everything except the cat, if there are any, are more afraid of you than you are them.

Yes Moose.

I'd feel fine going into the Washington back country and cascades with no weapons.

Reminder that, while there are dangerous things in the woods, the woods aren't nearly as dangerous as Jow Forums makes them out to be. Most places aren't as dangerous as Jow Forums makes them out to be.

All these "I'm going hiking--what guns should I bring?" threads contrast with actual serious hikers who usually don't carry weapons because they're rather use that weight for extra water or clothing/shelter.

It's nowhere near rutting season.

careful op. there far more bigger things in thes woods around the PNW
you might not come back as the same man as when you left

Attached: bigfoootsz.jpg (500x680, 45K)

Tell me about PNW skinwalker shit.
Which tribes are into that kind of medicine?

People have killed Moose with .40s&w (as seen in a popular webm which is falsely attributed to 10mm by 10mm fags), bears have been dropped by 9mm. And you think a 30-30 rifle which hits harder than 7.62x39 and a M&P .45 is being under armed? Truth be told you're carrying more than you need.

Take some FMJ .45s with you instead of hollowpoints. Over penetration is not a concern in the woods, if anything, under penetration is. It's a free country so carry what you want, but I typically tend to carry a shotgun with a mixture of slugs, bird shot, and buckshot for different hunting needs. And a USP9 compact with hardcast +p+ ammo as my defensive back up firearm.

I don't really hunt big game though, otherwise I'd probably have a rifle, but I am plenty confident in slugs for big game hunting/defense. Your 30-30 should be able to put down anything not in Africa or some places in Asia

You need an AR15 with a Bump Stock, and at least 1000 rounds.

He said Washington, not Nevada.

Unless you actively look for big game and take zero precautions, you'll be entirely fine.

t. skinwalker

Sure, but he didn't say when this planned trip is.

The Win94 is top patrician choice for a woods gun. JMB guns are always great for the outdoors