Bolty Thread

Time for a bolty thread, ya cunts.

r8, b8, h8 and ask McQuestions for fellow bolt gods

>Mark V in .270 Win
>Swaro 2.3-18x56
>waiting on my Innomount to arrive for the SR rail

Attached: 5A1145D7-9DAE-4175-9FC5-2E077A6596B8.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

innogun.de/en/jagd/mounts/innomount-scope.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Noice bolty boi. Bump

>Swaro 2.3-18x56
Is that $3000 or am I missing something?

What is your favorite precision rifle scope mount?

I have some CNC equipment and I'm always looking to expand into making more products.

Attached: AR trigger.png (977x663, 84K)

Here's my lefty Savage trophy hunter in .308. I had the barrel cut down from 22" to 18" and threaded for a SilencerCo ASR brake. Should be getting the stamps back on my first few suppressors soon which will include an Omega 300 I can use on it. I also just got into reloading so hopefully I can work up some loads that are tuned better for this gun. That group was with 168gr. Sierra matchkings.

Attached: 20181106_185119.jpg (3517x1712, 1.91M)

Nope. It's a Mark V so it's not out of line. What is out of line is a Mark V in. 270 Win and not something ridiculous like. 300 Weatherby.

A lil more than that cause I wanted the SR rail. Worth it though imo.

I knew I might get memed for that, but I decided on 270 cause it’s obvi cheaper to shoot a lot than a mag round, and it’ll take any game in NA. I live in Texas so I’m not gonna be doing any ELR giga-ultra moose sniping. Eventually I’ll prob get something in a bigger meme cartridge for fun.

The SR rail is arguably the best mounting system on the market from all standpoints (engineering-wise, modularity, repeatability, etc.) and it looks a ton cleaner imo. Unfortunately for most peeps in the U.S., it’s kinda difficult to get your hands on one, so the system isn’t know much at all here; got a dealer in Germany to sell me one privately since Swaro’s mfg restrictions typically bar sellers from exporting to the U.S.

I’m thinking about having mine threaded and re-crowned for a Thunder Beast Ultra 9, but will prob wait on that for a while.

Savage Axis in .223, glass is just a fairly cheap nikon i had, ill upgrade it eventually

Attached: 51003299_762133270852306_2278459036468772864_n.jpg (4032x3024, 705K)

innogun.de/en/jagd/mounts/innomount-scope.html

Attached: 1490137749208.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>Cries in lefthanded

Did they ever make a bolt action bullpup? I imagine it'd be retarded but I'm curious.

Desert Tech SRS

Attached: srs-fde.png (973x473, 475K)

Tikka T3X CTR

Attached: Tikka T3X CTR McMillan.jpg (2000x1325, 1.9M)

Can someone tell me the tiers of Bolt Rifles Companies and their flagship product?

Safari LARPer reporting in.

Attached: SR21.png (1500x1000, 3.59M)

factory 300wby is a bad choice for long range and in general imo.
>long bullet jump
>slow twists
>few great factory bullet options
>very expensive brass and loaded cartridges that arent easy to find
>only about 4% faster than 300wm with similar bullet weights/types
270 wouldnt be my first pick either but given the choice between the two is what Id choose.

My fellow Swaro niggy

Attached: A04E5EA0-3255-4197-95F0-6E7637B27380.png (1000x1000, 177K)

LARPer reporting for duty

Attached: RemM40A1bench.jpg (1600x1059, 1.14M)

Almost every firearms manufacturer has a bolty boi offering. Higher end shit are Mark Vs, Blasers (except the shit R93 that will blow your face apart), Sauer, and some other Euro mfgs. There’s tons of info out there.

Anyone got bipod recs? Was considering the Spartan Precision 300 or just going with a KDC SnipePod.

Moar SR rails

Attached: F1BE2BA2-957E-4B61-9CC6-0010332583E4.gif (234x249, 269K)

Appreciate it, looking for a higher end bolt gun for Innawoods and hunting. Mauser Rifles still good?

I don’t know much about Mausers, but maybe someone else can chime in here.

We need more bolt threads. The constant zoomercuck AR shit on this board is AIDS.

My beloved 338 mag tikka one day I will take it out to the range

Attached: 20190131_041151.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

Took this at SHOT Show last year. I really like the gun and the reviews on it since have been pretty good.

Attached: 27164958_10155685682162107_4713339741668871311_o.jpg (1848x1224, 462K)

That actually looks good for synthetic stock

Here's my Remington 700. Custom rifle chambered for 6.5x47 Lapua, 28" barrel sitting in an MDT Tac21 chassis with Bushnell 3.5-21x50 ERS scope.

It prints 0.5" groups at 100m and is capable of hitting 12" x 12" squares at 1,000m all day long.

Attached: 20180106_105602-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 522K)

Here's an example target from load development. This load produced a 0.620" group (centre to centre) at 100m.

Attached: 20180923_100506-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 384K)

There have been a number but it's pretty dumb and extra hard on lefties, so they never really caught on. I think there's a forgotten weapons video on some pretty old ones

>light build
>no muzzle brake
>xl magnum
that is going to hurt

nice user, havent seen yours before

Bamp

Thanks! I might have posted it once or twice before, tend to not post pics that much.

It's a heavy rifle for the calibre, something like 16lb if I remember correctly. There's bugger all recoil, so it's like shooting a 223.

But my god, the 6.5mm meme is true. I had this rifle chambered before 6.5mm Creedmoor was a thing, around 1 year before the Ruger RPR was a thing. Compared to the 308 win shooters, this felt like cheating!

Is there a point in getting a bolt action in .223 if I already have an AR?

Probably not. What sort of shooting do you do with your AR and what distance? How accurate are you with your AR? Do you handload?

I handload, shoot at a max of 300 yds, and am fairly accurate with my current irons.

My boltybois are my favorite guns desu
Gotta get better glass for the savage though

Attached: 20190201_161228.jpg (1633x793, 297K)

What bullets do you use? Can you cram 77gr bullets into your magazine, or are the lengths too long? If you were gonna go for a bolt I'd only do it to get those heavy bitches in. At 300 yards, if you can get 3 inch groups you're doing good! How good are your groups?

I just use 55gr. bullets because I managed to get a retarded good deal on about 1500 for $30. I'm pretty sure the bullet weight won't matter in my mags and I always make sure cartridge and overall length is SAAMI. I'll admit, I haven't shot paper in forever, I shoot an 8in. steel target only so for all I know, my groups could be horrendous.

In that case don't bother with a bolt gun of the same calibre desu. If you're hitting that gong reliably then how will you notice getting better with the bolt gun?

If you're really up for it, how about a CZ 527 in 7.62x39? You can shoot cheap surplus and with open sights, thus preventing you with a challenge!

If you're really hell bent on getting a bolt gun 223, I can reccomend the CZ 527. I have the kevlar one with a 1:9 heavy barrel, shoots like a thing that shoots well!

It’s mostly preference, I suppose. I own a bolt, two shotties and a handgun, and I really have no interest in buying an AR.

Dis

the .30-378 Weatherby Magnum is the better of the .30 cal Weatherby cartridges by far. I would move down to the 7mm Weatherby Magnum from the .300 Weatherby Magnum, as well.

get a Bolt action in .300AAC that uses AR magazines like the MVP. you won't have to buy new magazines, and it will be super fun to shoot with a suppressor.

Just got my T3X Superlight in .30-06, very impressed with it. Was shooting a Weatherby Vanguard, so it's quite the upgrade.

Attached: Savior.jpg (630x420, 28K)

Here's my savage model 10 I built.
Savage model 10 scout (stripped to receiver and built off that)
Xcaliber heavy barrel .308 win.
Surefire socom muzzle brake/mount
EABCO recoil lug
EABCO castle but
Savage bolt handle
PTG bolt face
EWG scope mount
Seekins mid pro rings
Vortex Viper PST 5-25×50

Loaded some mild 168gr ELD-match bullets for her last weekend and she shot consistent sub MOA at 100 yards. Pics incoming.

Attached: 20190119_154047.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

Attached: 20190127_125647.jpg (4032x3024, 3.55M)

Shot groups like this all day. Flier on this one was my fault, but I was consistently putting 4 rounds inside the same hole, didnt get pics tho. Anyway R8 H8 M8?

Attached: 20190127_131909.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

Forgot, HS Precision M24 stock.

your anime feet, retard

>R8 H8 M8?
Posting a picture where we can actually see anything might help

canadafag? where get your raifu?

Hows that safety workin

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-214209_YouTube.jpg (1076x1223, 505K)

Hey fellas, spoonfeed me advice on the best Remington 700 pattern to buy IF I want to put it in a chassis.
Like if I want to build a boaltyboi from a R700 which one should I get?
I'm pretty set on .308 and 18" or 20" but I'm happy to hear why that might be dumb.
Also I have my eye on US Optics for a scope. Not a poor so I'm not too worried about the cost of the rifle.

>Remington
No

Attached: 15490835472011036900572364932259.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

buy a 700 derivative action and put it in a chassis separately. don't waste your time trying to fix Remington's mistakes by ricing a standard 700.

Dont fall for the 700 meme. Buy yourself a savage action if you wanna build a bolt gun yourself.

Thanks for the really helpful feedback
I am aware that they had some issues, and I don't really care who makes it if it works so it doesn't have to be Remington. What 3rd parties make Remington derivative actions that also drop into a chassis?

neat/10

>Thanks for the really helpful feedback
Not my fault you've been living under a rock.

killed one 7 point
or it was a 9 i dont remmeber

Attached: bolt n truck.png (745x989, 1.42M)

What do ya'll call this? Mannlicher Stock or Full Stock?

Attached: wm_7017087.jpg (4151x776, 490K)

Splain

Ever looked into Blaser?

Here’s my 300 win mag. Really enjoy shooting it. Sorry for the shitty lighting.

Attached: A99D0039-A3E6-4068-AF0E-0205C0B7BB4D.jpg (3264x2448, 1.12M)

Built it

Attached: USORemington.jpg (2000x1324, 784K)

6 Shots - 200 Yards

Attached: pDV5VPv.jpg (886x886, 111K)

I'd suggest you take a look at Heym.
They build two bolt action systems, one with a straight pull and one with a turnbolt action. Also a very neat- and comparatively affordable - double rifle.
Both are a full steel constuction built entirely in-house in Germany. Due to them not being such a big brand you don't pay a lot for the name as you would with a Blaser or Mauser.
The thing that made me buy their rifle was pretty good customer service and the sheer amount of features you can choose from when buying your gun.
If you're looking for a wooden stock I'd recommend them especially, since their "Classic" stock design was conceived by Ralf Martini, renowned stock- and gunmaker.

Attached: Heym Klein.png (600x950, 286K)

>Nosler M48 Liberty in 6.5CM
>Burris Veracity 3-15x50
Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to it.
Currently saving up to put a Swaro Z3 in either 3-9x36 or 3-10x42 on my Vanguard Sporter in 7mm-08. It's likely I won't miss having one less magnification and 6mm of objective, but it is only $30 extra dollars.

What made you pick a Mark V over something like a Kimber, Bergara, Sako, or Fierce?

My dad has a Savage Edge in .223 and the only 3 shot group I ever shot with it measured 0.75ish inches at 100yds. Is yours treating you that well?

Attached: IMG_20190129_103215729~2.jpg (3048x772, 547K)

stutzen

PTG makes the cheapest alright one you can get as an exact clone made to better tolerances but they have options for better extractors. There are others that share footprint (stock, bottom metal, and normally triggers) from other companies.
How high are you willing to spend for the action alone?

what is the rifle and what is the load you use

22-250 Varmint rifle

Attached: IMG_1627.jpg (3264x2448, 1.1M)

Thank you.
Well, I'd be looking at around a grand for the chassis, plus $1500 for the US Optics glass I want with mount, then I figure the bipod and other doobers are going to add up to something under $500.
Is $1000 a lot of rifle, or is that really entry-level for precision shooting? Because that is what I was mentally budgeting for.

>What made you pick a Mark V over something like a Kimber, Bergara, Sako, or Fierce?

I chose the Mark V mainly because of the action, but the choice was also the results of lots of research and reading tons of reviews. I really didn't even consider Kimber, Bergara or Fierce, but I did read up on some Sakos.

If I had intended to blow more cash, I likely would've opted for a Sauer.

Attached: 1523111711053.jpg (426x364, 62K)

I wish more people had experience with fierce so i could find out if theyre a meme or not. They have pretty impressive claims for the weight and even price desu

From what Ive seen and read, beginners just moving to custom rifles and pros who've been into it a long time hang out around $1300. $1300 is standard for a nice custom rifle receiver that puts you in the surgeon, defiance, stiller, and big horn range. $1700 territory is where you start into gucci with titanium receivers, 6mmBR single feeders, and special features like ARC's mausingfield.
Imo, any custom action rifle has big dick swinging points even if it's just an older nicer remington 700 you had blue printed and built on. I dont know anyone with a PTG but the reviews seem good and I know they make nice reamers. Forgot to mention earlier but stiller makes remington 700 clones that get military service too.
To me, a beginner should get something thats not terribly expensive and you can switch barrels on easily like an rpr or savage. You can move your nice optic and bipod to the custom rifle you know youll be looking for in later.
Im not sure if I answered your questions desu

I glanced over their website, and it looks like they sell nice stuff. Would have to do a bunch more research to determine whether or not their pricing is warranted, in addition to reading reviews on both the guns and the company itself.

Imo, it's pretty hard to compete once you start getting north of $3k in your offerings. There are plenty of long-standing mfgs with superb reputations in that arena, which makes it really difficult for newcomers (relatively speaking) to build a significant customer-base.

>There are plenty of long-standing mfgs with superb reputations in that arena, which makes it really difficult for newcomers (relatively speaking) to build a significant customer-base.
very true, when you spend that much it's hard not to drift toward trusted names

If I was going to spend a chunk of change on a good rifle, say $2-3k without glass, would it be smarter to get 300 wm or 338 lapua?

Guess I forgot to specify, I already have a number of rifles for punching holes in paper (although I still want a 6.5 creed), but I would really like to get something that has significant energy well beyond 1000 yards.

Goal shtf larping, long range hunting, or somewhere inbetween?

Somewhere between SHTF larping and I have more money than I know what to do with. I've currently got 20 guns plus 5 suppressors pending tax stamps, but I've never been hunting.

How hard is it to put a bolt gun from parts? Is is harder than doing an AR15? Need any special gunsmith tools?

depends on what gun and parts. A lot of it can be done yourself. All of it if you get something plug and play like a rifle that uses a barrel nut with a barrel thats already chambered for you

thanks. what's a good forum to use for researching bolt gun parts?

300wm shines in long range, lighter weight hunting builds (9-15lbs) but doesnt get near its potential without handloading and having a custom barrel, sometimes action, bottom metal, and reamer that fits new gucci bullets.
338 lapua comes a lot more ready to go but in a heavier package. It has better factory long range loads but also a lot more recoil.
Id lean toward 338.

Id ask the new build question somewhere like snipers hide or to the guys on the longrangehunting forums

That sort of answers it.
I'm a buy once cry once type of guy, but I kind of earned that perspective along the way.
I really only buy high-end stuff, but I don't have very much of it because I like what I like and I make an investment out of and I actually take it out and shoot/train.
So if I got a boltyboi I wouldn't want to come back a year later needing major upgrades.

What do you want to do with it? Punch paper or kill big game?

thanks bro

Not the same guy you've been talking to, but personal preference is the nature of the beast when you're talking chassis builds. You can spend $4k in a blink of an eye setting up a long range gun. If you're gonna do that, its really best to know what helps you shoot best BEFORE you invest. A good factory rifle will hold its value well if you treat it nicely, a custom job will not. So my recommendation, for what its worth, is that you start with a prebuilt rifle, then upgrade. Buy once cry once sounds good in theory, but in practice, buying a rifle that doesn't fit your needs because you didn't realize what you wanted in the first place makes for a very expensive mistake.

Neither. If money is truly not an object, then look at something like 300 RUM, 300 Norma, or 338 RUM. Those cartridges fit in standard sized actions, are available in good factory loadings, and have the energy of the other two rounds with none of the drawbacks of a belted magnum case, or the premium price of the Lapua.

Fuck me forgot to link

Im the guy hes been talking to and this post has a lot of merit. Looking back on it, me having a very specific purpose with what I have, I would have gone the wrong direction and spent a lot doing it early on. Even what I spent a lot on now I would do differently if I had the money again but it's very close to what I want.
One of the best things for me early on was an old wood stock remington 700 and accurizing it myself first in its wood stock then eventually only retaining its action and bdl. It helped in troubleshooting later rifles, especially for friends and of course was good practice in bedding.
My theory as to why custom actions dont retain value is because people assume you fucked them up if youre selling them. When people buy them they generally keep them forever if they shoot well and just keep getting new barrels maybe occasionally switching stocks. Id only buy a used custom from a friend that Ive seen shoot well with it for a long time.
Also, not saying it's wrong to buy once cry once, you can have perfection your first go around. I just think that on this subject it can potentially be worthwhile to go a little different way.