AR thread AR General /arg/ Trip Containment Development Group

MARSOC CQBR Edition

old

Attached: 5c50611e12fb0d0011ad6d23.jpeg.jpg (1080x809, 368K)

Are you guys actually putting fake QR code stickers on your guns to make them more military-ish? That seems...a bit faggy to me.

Attached: IMG_20190128_224925.jpg (1731x1298, 672K)

Anyone know a good optic to put on an Aimpoint gooseneck? I know they were made for the M68's but Ive considered a T1 but would I need a riser?

Attached: hggjhjhg.png (777x584, 532K)

Thoughts?

Attached: fabulously furious fuschia.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

assthetics

Attached: 562b073f3d570e0bfb789fc991dced81.jpg (480x480, 43K)

22.3 Remington

Califag here. It’s about time I got an AR. What are my best options? Or am I better off just building one?

Best option is move some where that you can’t buy a real ar and some shitted on bastardization of a rifle that they are just gonna come take away anyhow

Not some shitted on bastardization*

Just buy a lever/bolt action

Lol, I wish that was an option. Thanks tho

buy an assembled upper and build a lower, the few times ive been to commiefornia, I was quite surprised with the kind of stuff people had while shootin innadesert, saw sbrs, drum mags and even suppressors.

I have bolt action and an M1A, just wanted something to have extra fun with at the range

Which should I get?:
18" Faxon Gunner with faxon block pinned by aim under 14" handguard.

18" Faxon Gunner with v7 pinned gas block under 14" handguard.

18" faxon gunner with A1 FSB, sight cut off but bayonet lug protruding from under 14" handguard, the bayonet can be mounted becasue the muzzle device is a 249f.

Attached: gookmk18.jpg (2537x3923, 2.56M)

LMT Mk18 mod 0

Attached: 892C7BA5-E88D-4371-B220-4C93011E9DE3.jpg (2872x1536, 711K)

Attached: B5F631B7-A8EE-457B-947A-9A98CDBA2565.jpg (3202x1536, 830K)

18" Faxon Gunner with Superlative arms, or DD mk12, block pinned by aim under 14" handguard.

Hi Ian.

Your opinion is wrong.

Attached: 20181231_141556~2.jpg (2958x3266, 3.19M)

>Fagson
Hard no.

This guy is on acid

You guys are literally playing barbie doll dress up with your rifles. Yes, it is a bit gay. But that's OK. Whatever floats your boat.

say the jelly poorfags.

This is all you really need.

Attached: 20190128_145412.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

I like how it doesnt have the gay dildo sticking out the handguard

>if you don't put military dress up stickers on your rifle you're a poorfag

the autism is strong with this one

Attached: IMG_20180729_182953.jpg (1743x1307, 730K)

>nice poorfag ash clone.

>PWS MK111 upper (almost 12"bbl)
>Maxim brace
>Trijicon Accupoint 1-4

Should I change the optic for a RDS+magnifier? I feel like that may be an autistic combo.

>bufferoni everything
>no optic

It's like you spent a whole $850.

Attached: giphy.gif (320x320, 2.58M)

For the record there is not a gay sticker on the right side of my reciever.

Getting back from Afghan next month, and getting my tax return. Seriously thinking of buying a JP LRP-07 in 6.5mm Creedmoor with two sets of furniture:
One set with bipod and good DMR buttstock for distance (friend of mine was a sniper when he was in, said he'd teach me how to shoot to ~1500m and beyond this summer) and some good glass, and another set of furniture/glass with an angled foregrip and standard buttstock with a CCO so I can finally do 3 gun competition; I already own a Benelli M2 and a USP 45CT.

Thoughts?

Attached: 320.jpg (1024x410, 25K)

It's /arg/ what do you expect?

The first time I saw a fake UID label on an AR I thought it was kind of cringe too. They kind of grew on me though. I've thought about getting one for my SBR, but there's a manufacturer rollmark on the receiver and I think putting a sticker over it would look retarded.

Is there a trigger in the same price range as the Larue MBT that I should get instead? I was originally gonna get an ALG ACT but the Larue with the heavy spring seems like it would do the same job a lot better

>6.5 3gun
hard yikes

the shit chink sight, the shitty ring risers and the faggy stainless barrel ruin what would otherwise be a nice meme gun

you're all terrible people that make terrible posts

oh yeah well I can spend more money than you so lmao i don't even read you're posts

Dropped. So close to an A4, but you had to ruin it. Probably not an FN or Colt either.

Should I go with Vortex HD Gen 2 or NF NXS 1-4? Also why are there no more Geiselle dirty colored mounts?

retro lads

Attached: ar 1.jpg (2016x1504, 1.06M)

Okay, so with my tax returns I'm going to purchase an AR. I've never bought a firearm before, I don't really want to spend TOO much on it, maybe a max of $900 for a good one, and I live in Upstate NY.
Where's a good place to purchase one and have it shipped to either a gun shop near me or directly to me?
And If you could, give me a few recommendations since I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to AR's.

Online gun purchases can only be shipped to a registered FFL (site will list with instructions).

You can buy an upper and ship it to your home but the lower will have to be shipped to the FFL.

Check NY laws for gun purchases.

M&P-15 Sport II or Ruger 556 are decent starter AR's at $450-500.

What are the best out of pmags and those lancer ones?

Thanks for the info user.
Now because NYS is beyond fucked when it comes to it's gun laws and regulations. Would you recommend me personally going out to a gun shop and buying one straight from there? Just to bypass the possibility of purchasing anything illegal within my state?

AFAIK most major online gun shops have "NY/CA compliant" options that can legally be shipped and bought in NY.

From experience, the same gun is cheaper online (even with the small transfer fee) than buying the same new gun from the shop.

I would say find a gun online, research its model/features to confirm they are complaint with NY and go for it. These online shops are unlikely to ship an illegal gun without them double checking from their end.

Waiting on a stamp for a was tirant 45
Just bought a glock barrel from them as well.
Today I get an invoice from REMINGTON...
What the fuck?!?
AAC is actually REM-SHIT!?!?
did I fuck up?

Yes, kys now

>took the red pill

Okay Industries usgi mags

That wasn't what I was asking, stupid

You were asking the wrong question ya dingus

Just get whatevers cheapest like you did with the rest of everything you have.

>>out of these two options I have available to me which is better
>this other one you don't have access to! durr
>m-muh poorfag!
ok.

hi5 gotem

>I live somewhere shipping is impossible
I don't believe you

Have you heard of magazine limits? Not going to say where I live because it's going to devolve into a "move from there cuck" argument and I just want to know which of my two options are better.

Why the fuck does no one but retrofags sell 11.5's with pinned FSB's.

what gasblock do I get you cunts

I dont want an adjustable one, just one that will never ever fall off

But I didn't put the UID label on it, FN did

Just a have a smith drill and tap a FSB for you if that's what you really want

Attached: 20180420_184621resized.jpg (2016x1134, 1.21M)

Is a 11.5 really all that noticeably shorter than a 16" in actual practical usage?

Nice gookfoot clone

Do you know what literally means?

Niether

So no magazines at all. This general is useless.

You'd be surprised how much weight savings that 4.5 inches gets you. Also matching it with a shorter lighter handguard than you'd use on a 16.

Thanks, I liked his AR so much that I bought it before he did.

Niether is better than the other you pathetic cry baby.
USGI>PMAG=Lancer
Go to reddit for your future stupidity.

>ask a question on the general
>you're dumb go to reddit
What is the point of this general then besides tripfags calling people poor?

Nothing.
Now you're starting to get it. Maybe.
Either way fuck off.

>What is the point of this general
There isn't one, it honestly just needs to die

This general is more useful than your cuckstate compliant POS

when will your ash clone be finished?

Then stop posting here.

Because you're an idiot, Ballistic Advantage and Daniel Defense both offer this and that's just two that immediately come to mind, whom'st are categorically not nobodies

So what's the best ACOG mount since larue is shit?

Aight I'm sick of hearing from you autists that every fucking gun is shit, so, without blowing a fuckload of money on a prebuilt AR, is a PSA parts kit and 80% lower going to function properly if I do a kit build?

Hardly.

How is Larue shit?

>a fuckload of money for a pre build
>550 dollars is a fuckload
Jesus christ.
I would trust an AR556 or M&P sport 2 over what you're planning any day.

It's not, what he's saying is "I can't afford this item, but if I say it's bad, I won't feel as bad that I don't have it"

just get UTG you faggot, it'll match the rest of your gun you pretend to have

But Ive been hearing how it eats up the rails on their mounts or it gets loose? Does this apply to the T2 mount as well?

Incorrect premise aside, the Bobro OEM mount for Trijicon. The one with milled recoil lugs, not the commercial Bobro with screwed on lugs.

The people who say this can't read a 3x5 instructions card

>pretend to have
Why would I do that?

Attached: 20190201_091559-3991x2986.jpg (3991x2986, 1.7M)

With you making it, no. Anyone with a brain making, then yes. PSA makes functional weapons and parts of course or else they wouldn't be in business or regarded highly by fudds.

lmt stock vs dd. lmt is amazing

Attached: LMTvsDD.jpg (1069x1106, 261K)

Geissele to match your shit rail.

So geissele makes the absolute best ACOG mount?

MK4/8 is as tanky as ever, not even him. It's the URGI and the new barrel nut design that has issues

Hes just sour grapey

I meant a fuckload of money on AR's like brownells sells which are north of $1,000 which, is a fuckload of money.

So dont buy from overpriced ass brownells you dummi boi.
Go to a gun shop and buy one of the others I mentioned.

Soon

My favorite ACOG mount is Bobro

Tango Down still not backing mlok, we're they right all along bros?

>want a lightweight rifle
>look at M1 carbines
>"just get an AR-15!"
>try to piece together something in the 5.5 lb range
>end up with $1800 part list

Just wait for kdg QD mlok TD stubby VFG

Attached: CB5D93B3-2EC1-47C8-B936-135C3F6D0967.jpg (3289x1682, 2.02M)

What barrel should I buy in the $200 range? I am perfectly willing to wait months for a sale.

do you like dual illum rmr?

Attached: 1524507919591.jpg (2620x4656, 2.92M)

I unironically hate it

Attached: 85868294-A225-4849-B5EC-3BE348FADBED.jpg (1484x1258, 382K)