Dots on pistols is overrated

>Dots on pistols is overrated
>prove me wrong
>protip; you cant

Attached: images(4).jpg (299x168, 10K)

How could getting a faster sight picture possibly be overrated? I mean it ruins the aesthetics of a gun, but that absolutely doesn't matter when it's a combat arm.

Anyone else take significantly longer to find pistol red dot than iron sights? Im guessing it's a practice thing since there are a lot of fast people with dots.
It also makes it harder for me to front post aim which Im pretty good at and slow with a dot on

There might be an argument that they're overrated for what a good pistol optic costs if you shoot well without one, but that far from a blanket statement like in OP.

Practice and get proficient with point shoot. Use body mechanics, not sights

>>protip; you cant
How is this a pro tip? Are you retarded?

It's all on presentation. Try to tilt the bore slightly up on presentation. It's a bit funny and not natural, takes a bit to get used to. I just sit in my house (with a cleared weapon) pick a spot on wall, ps4 controller, magnet on fridge, whatever, draw and get used to a slightly awkward grip and bore angle. After a few days of dry fire and live fire, it becomes very natural

Because I'm a self proclaimed pro and I gave you a tip. Are YOU retarded?

That's why you install high irons. The irons let you index, then you transition to the dot.

Tell that to berreta. Releases APX combat variant. Suppressor/muzzle device ready. Optics ready with cowitness. Proprietary sights, doesnt off suppressor height sights atm. Claims it's coming soon

>here is a tip; you can't
That isn't a tip you mong

Doesnt offer**

It was a tip. Do you not 5chin? I gave you a tip that you cant prove me wrong. Welcome to 5chin newfriend. Please take a few weeks to peruse our various boards and content. Please remember to always lurk moar and tawk less

>This new to the chans
Everyone can tell it's your first month here. Take the advice of and spend 6 months lurking before you post again.

>13 replies
>6 posters
>arguing with yourself so you feel like you made a successful thread on Jow Forums
Jesus Christ dude.

Attached: r43tvv9qgvo11.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

It's been proven time and time again that a dot helps in faster and easier target acquisition and follow-up shots.
If you're x good at 'body mechanics', it can only be improved by the addition of a force multiplier.

I'm sure the inrange tv boys did a video on this recently but I can't see it now, maybe it was supposed to be patreon only but they accidentally listed it for a while or something.
Anyway they think really highly of the red dot, so much so that they expect it to become ubiquitous on cop and carry handguns within the next five ten years.

jokes on you i have astigmatism and i can't use red dots anyway lmao got em

Because nobody gave two shits about putting red dots on pistols, even when there were red dots being made for pistols, until instagram operators started doing it and stroking each other with "cool optic bro" posts and all the noguns started parroting it as the next best thing.

It hasn't been long since ars all had quad rails, both a vfg and afg, a bipod, 60 lumen flashlight with pressure switch taped to vfg, a separate visible laser on the other side of the rail, and a 3x knock off scope

And your dumb ass would've instead been saying
>How could being ready for possibly any situation possibly be overrated?

protip I've been here longer than both of you

>Sights on pistols are useless because nobody uses them
>prove me wrong
>protip; you can't

Attached: 6a00d8341c6e1553ef014e61028374970c.jpg (1600x1200, 686K)

Not him but the protip would be that dots are overrated, not the two words "you can't". You can't even meme right.

its still a retarded fucking meme, and anyone who uses it was a single digit IQ mongoloid

Yeah but they're faggots

Your comparison isn’t really valid. All that shit on the average AR has always been for idiots. A better comparison would be people with their tricked out Glock 19 or 26 with a huge muzzle brake, red dot, light, laser, flared magwell, custom slide, and extended baseplates. That stuff makes certain situations better but is mostly for posing. A red dot on a pistol is same as a red dot on a rifle. It makes it easier to shoot follow up shots quicker and at distance compared to irons

This. I notice it a lot with even the younger virgin vs chad meme; people totally misunderstand what it's intended to convey.

For a carry gun? Yes. Greatly overrated.

For competition? Absolutely not.

Attached: 1546534443717.gif (217x272, 3.68M)

my red dot helps me shoot with both eyes open. My right eye doesn't focus properly that close, so I have to close it with regular sights. With the red dot, I can focus through the lens with both eyes open.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it helps me.

Attached: 0G4kAb9dwnS1VVdNi9oza7VcnDc=.gif (480x360, 640K)

Literally no one cares. And no, they are not an excuse to be lazy and not practice the basics

Cringe and redditoilled

>cringe
And you say I'm from leddit. How about you go back?

Except that 99% of videos and "reviews" are done on a single day at the range, maybe 2 mags shot total, and it's a clear day without rain or snow or humidity or dust or anything.
>this thing is bomb proof

Nice theory, doesn't work. Feel free to prove me wrong. Take the sights off a handgun and enter some kind of pistol shooting competition and whoop ass and I'll be damn impressed. Teach other to do the same like Jack Weaver could and I'll proclaim you the new king of pistol shooting.

Than you're a baiting shithead and you should still refrain from posting.

I tend to agree, however, that doesn't have anything to do with my post, or

>you don't post the way I want to so stop
>I agree with you user about the thing you and the user I'm telling to stop posting but it doesn't apply to me because of my mental gymnastics
lmaoing @ your life

>This level or reading comprehension
I'll explain this very slowly so you can understand it.

Op posts tired meme(that I dislike):
>protip; you cant

Newfag responds, not understanding that it's ironic:
>How is this a pro tip? Are you retarded?

I call him a newfag for not knowing something so commonly posted here, as anyone who's spent more than a month here will have seen this at least once:
>Everyone can tell it's your first month here. Lurk moar

Realize that I responded to him not knowing the phrase, and did not say anything related to the phrase being funny or intelligent.

You make post saying it's a retarded meme, and I agree. I point out that your post has nothing to do with what I said, or what originally said.
>its still a retarded fucking meme
>I tend to agree, however, that doesn't have anything to do with my post, or ...

You demonstrate your subhuman status by completely failing to follow the train of posts:
>das like totaly a contradicktion
>lmaoing @ your life

Pic related, it's you.

Attached: Jackie5_tx700.jpg (782x700, 119K)

>expecting anyone to read all that shit
still laffin, stay mad faggot

>I'm btfo'd and can't respond
>u-um a-as if an-yone would read all th-that!
>ha ha st-stay mad!

Attached: istockphoto-155392602-1024x1024.jpg (1024x681, 325K)

>so mad he writes an essay
>expects anyone to care enough to respond to it
He's right user, it's kind of pathetic

Bro-science...

>Responding to that post
Wow lmao, ur so pathetic, what kinda fag argues on an image board

Damn got to say, this user has a point

Attached: Hands-thumbs-up.jpg (640x428, 20K)

This is really embarrassing...

These are some intelligent anons :^)

Jerry uses them, but to credit he also discusses using body mechanics as part of fundamentals.

Attached: mavrick miculek.jpg (436x327, 21K)

go watch your stories, old man seecamp

Samefag, also you can't reply except to repeat what that user said

Yeah, no fucking shit retard. I was making a point about (probably you) samefagging with the:
>He's right user

Attached: no fucking shit - Copy.jpg (489x119, 12K)

You are the same type of fag who bitched about red dot optics on ARs. Now they are ubiquitous.

On a RDS piatol need backup irons because, unlike a rifle, there is no fixed index point. You aim down iron sights first and then use the red dot for follow up shots. With practice this hybrid system becomes a second nature, and will significantly increase your speed and accuracy with a handgun.

Yeah lots of the reviews are dumb. I agree with that. But how do shitty videos negate the actual advantages of being able to shoot faster and farther?

Trips and actual drills.

You are too good for this thread.

Have to adjust for day or night use. If wrong. setting is used sight is useless.

I'm not talki g about competition shooting. I'm referring to combat or defensive shooting

Thanks. I'm OP and that was me as well

go away paul herrell

No. I parrot from my perch

>not just using a dual illustrated rmr

Not sure if troll or actually doesn't know what hes talking about.....this may come as a surprise but many models offer a variety of features such as auto adjust, auto off after X number of hours or X number of hrs in dark. Also auto turn on when motion is detected