What does Jow Forums think of this rifle action?

soldiersystems.net/2018/10/16/tennessee-arms-company-omega-rifle/

Attached: tennessee arms omega rifle action.jpg (372x269, 19K)

bump

Does it hold six types of bullet?

>internal toggle action to reduce recoil

Attached: 1548086838891.jpg (882x960, 85K)

Attached: Suspicion.png (441x361, 92K)

Looks a lot like like the action on a Vector, which I sure don't hate, but I'm pretty sure they still have that under a bunch of patents.

Stupid question time. Wouldn't this have the same inherent flaws as a tilting bolt?

Attached: 1548992214825.png (771x669, 382K)

No, the locking mechanism is still an AR-18 derived rotating bolt it seems. The only thing this gun does is change the position and direction of the recoil spring and some of the recoiling mass. Imagine it being like an over-exaggerated carrier tail for angling the recoil spring into the stock, but rather into the pistol grip.

no, its still an AR pattern rotaring bolt. It's just a AR-18 action that directs recoil impulse downwards, like the Kriss Vector.

I mean it looks cool, probably won't go anywhere.

Looks like very little space for fcg and the bolt going down the pistol grip is just dumb. Don't see any pros over an ar-18 type rifle, especially over that new brownells upper.

This type of muzzle rise mitigation system has always been retarded, even when it was on the Vector. It's only even more retarded in a 5.56 rifle.

Dumb. It adds a shit ton of complexity, cost, and potential parts breakages with for a meaningless slightly shorter receiver and a "recoil reduction" that most likely amounts to fuck-all.

It's doing things differently for no other reasons than to be different.

By the time the bolt starts moving in a DGI, the recoil has basically already happened, so the Vector-style movement does pretty much nothing for that.
Here's another image of how they actually expect the gun to come apart for servicing. The OP image is a cutaway specifically made for explaining the system.
I'm not really sure if it's really better than a plain AR, but it isn't really worse either.

Attached: download.jpg (901x538, 64K)

The AR18 style design already solved the issue of putting a bolt in a small space so this is pointless and needlessly overcomplicated.

Isn't this basically the same idea as the KRISS?

I think being able to use a folding stock is more important than any recoil mitigation this may or may not have.

Several years ago the TN armsco guys were posting here and seemed pretty cool. I ended up buying one of their lowers but never built anything on it

It's the same as an AR, and therefore, good.

I don't understand it at all. If I'm reading this right, the recoil spring is already up above the bolt carrier, so the entire point of the uppy-downy slidy bit is just to increase the bolt carrier mass to acceptable levels.

But if that's the case, why not just go full fucking long-stroke gas piston, AK style? You get your weight, your spring guide, and no extra up/down recoil component all in one stop.

10 years iso-cubes for asking stupid questions, Citizen.

>why not just go full fucking long-stroke gas piston, AK style?
Because it was designed by someone whose only prior education in firearm design was Le Four Winds XD, that's why.

Oh, god. The future is here and it's terrible.