My handgun groupings are shit. this is 32 rounds worth

My handgun groupings are shit. this is 32 rounds worth.
>already tried slow trigger pull
>if my trigger pull is too slow, my hands shake
Should my grip be tight or relaxed? How do i control recoil?

Attached: 20190120_130250.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ep9ZGaqZxTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, pic accidentally posted sideways. The left is the top. Distance was 25 ft.

If you aren't leaving the range with your support hand exhausted, you're doing it wrong. Strong hand grip must be as light as possible to enable the most supple trigger movement you can muster.

Don't sweat it too much. It gets better.

How are you holding your handgun? What type of handgun is it?

We were all new once. At least you had the balls to post your pic, most guys here shoot the target at close distance then write longer distances to get invisible pats on the back.

Cz-75B, 9mm. And yes, I'm doing the proper thumbs-forward grip and choking up on the beaver tail.
I also have the trigger guard resting in the crook of my middle knuckle.

practice, practice, practice

Should I be fighting the recoil with a death grip, or let it flip some and readjust with every shot? I usually have my shooting hand tight.

I'm no pro by any means but my grouping ain't bad. I always just try to focus my attention on keeping the sights where I want them and not focus on trigger pull. Have you tried another ammo?

Okay. You've got a decent gun, and the right grip.

I'd do some dry fire practice until your flunch goes away. I have a sneaking suspicion that's what your culprit is.

God that is pretty bad. You may want to up the gay handjobs or get a boyfriend that can shoot.

I always keep it relaxed and let the barrell kick up. If your going for grouping its not a race.

If I lie about it, I'm only cheating myself for when the time to do business comes. And I have learned, as a general life lesson, that it's perfectly okay to admit you suck at something.

I like you, user. You're going to be a great shooter one day.

Grip the gun, pull the trigger in a face pace but bot too fast, don't think, aim one inch higher so the iron sight is over the target and pull trigger. It's pretty easy actually hell go grab pipe and stick firework and ain as it goes off and booms in distance it's so easy just go grab stick and beat your gead with it. Just follow my instructions and you be shooting good in no time just like the time you took your biggest shit and wiped your own ass for the first time just like the ants that crawls on the woman's face as she is melting to her doom in the never ending afterlife. Math sucks and i hate basic math because it makes my head hurt and my father tried to help me understand math but he passed from old age in his 70's i miss him he was good guy he served in vietnam war i still suck with math so forever stuck with calculator fuck you school! Mama I'm coming home don't worry baby boy is qlright yeah that's it I'm alright i need to go fuck a tree and beat a liberal woman to death and lose my virginity in my head onto her dead heart to continue on the day i must run people over to make the day fly faster. Fuck you go shoot gun and make sure god is watching for he is our holiest father and our secret friend and make sure to not masturbate because you turn into faggot in range only masturbate when you kill deer but masturbate inside deer and finish off inside but you must eat the deer for good luck. Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy we are all good people for shepherds of life go to hell get fucked sjw cunts your not the boss of me now and I'm not afraid go get fucked let's get drunk it is the final countdown dananandaaaaan dand dand daaaand daaaaand dand daaand daaaaaaaaaaaand bush bush buuusssshhhh happy go lucky charms!!! Kill those goddamn children and fuck that rabbit's ass like it is Hillary's husband's ass god bless Arkansas the natural state.

In God's name amen.

based

Here is what I tell newbs
no target piece of paper, shoot first hole in paper
then aim for that first hole as your target. Instead of focusing on a huge orange circle you zoom your focus to one small hole...try it
quit wasting money on targets

Antman?

>quit wasting money on targets
OP here, I buy those targets in 12-packs at Shartmart

you're missing the point

just try what I said, you will notice an improvement almost instantly

>fighting the recoil with a death grip,
Supporting hand, yes, but if you're squezing so hard it's shaking the FSP, ease back. If you death grip your trigger hand, it's going to difficult to pull the trigger smoothly. This isn't a deadlift and the grip is not a barbell.

Locked wrists, push/pull (this point is contentious because it implies modified isoceles or weaver), and shoulders in front of hips have done more for me to tame recoil than anything my hands can.

Okay
Should I move it up a little, maybe to 20 ft as opposed to 25? My eyesight isn't wonderful (I wear contacts) and need to see the hole

Seconding this. Do it within 10 feet if you can. If you're like 80% of most right handed shooters, you will pull shots down and left because you're jerking the trigger in anticipation of recoil.

start at a comfortable distance and as it gets easy start moving back to increase difficulty. Ive taught many people to improve their grouping this way.

> 25ft
Try 10, bro. Remove bad eyes or sight alignment from the equation and see if you have trigger press problems. Then move out until it breaks down ago, determine the problem, and solve it. Rinse and repeat.

I'll also note that as you focus harder on that small hole you will take your mind off of recoil. Same as when you pull your 300 winmag down on a huge buck...you forget real fast about recoil...but when sighting a scope thats all you think about...keep shooting you'll get it

also push out with grip hand pull back with support hand will steady weapon better

....thank me later

Hows your stance, a wise man once told me, if you dont feel silly and over exaggerating while your standing in your shooting stance, your doing it wrong

Attached: isosceles3-1.jpg (800x375, 201K)

Usually Iso, but I tried Weaver last time.

Notice he leans forward, shoulders in front of the hips and hunched up, wide base and knees slightly bent

Stance....Do what feels natural and comfortable
most importantly do it the same every time
To each his own on this one. If you shoot in an akward stance all day you'll get sore and tired

Example:
Lady is learning to play golf and keeps dubbing the ball
The instructor says, " relax, hold the club like you do your husbands willy"
Lady takes another swing and drives it 200 yds straight as a string
Instructors says, "OMG that was awesome but please take the club out of your mouth and try using your hands next time"....outa here stay safe guys

Assuming nothing is horrorably wrong with the barrel or ammo that gun should be able to blow out the bulleyes. Work on you flinch. It affected me when I first started shooting handguns.

this
achieved with many rounds down range and good hearing protection

>trigger guard resting in the middle knuckle
What?
Anyways, accurate handgun shooting is all about trigger pull. With my glock I can hold the 9 ring at 25 meters when I focus on trigger pull, but when I'm not 100% there mentally I'll sprey the whole target.

Contribooting with one of my best handgun groups (25m again)

Attached: IMG_4260.jpg (3984x2656, 2.41M)

When I get flinchy I go out and shoot a fuckton of .22 just to reset my mechanics and then go back to a real gun.

OP this video might help you a ton. youtu.be/Ep9ZGaqZxTk

Also bring it in close and work your way out. You get rid of that distress and second guessing yourself when you get a nice group at 3 yards and then keep moving back until you suck again and then come up close and shoot more there. Some other guy mentioned too that you can shoot the first hole then aim for that. If you aim small you miss small, I like to aim at the numbers instead of the bullseye.

Ride the recoil, don’t try to arm wrestle it. Don’t change your grip between shots.

Check your grip alignment, you can do this at home. Settle into your normal grip. Sight in on something across the room. Then let go with your support hand and straighten your strong side arm. The axis of your bore should be parallel to the axis of your arm. If it’s not, adjust your grip so both axes are aligned. Then, without changing your grip, come back into your regular hold and sight in on the thing across the room. Do that enough times that you start to get an idea of how an aligned grip feels. Practice at home for a week or so, then start doing the same thing at the range.

Next, focus on the fundamentals. Aim each shot, with exactly the same sight picture each time. Worry about bullseyes later, you’re trying for groups right now. Steady squeeze on the trigger until it goes, then line up the next shot. Take your time with each shot. Use the same ammo every time. Shorten your distance to 7 yards for now.

Keep everything exactly the same, change one thing at a time until you find what the bug is. Once you correct it, then you can start working on speed and distance.

Dry fire and focus on the slight movement you create when you pull the trigger. If you can eliminate that movement the bullet will go exactly where the sights are.

That looks like you took a hole punch to it.

Why are those holes so perfectly round?

see

Look at the bullets children. Those are SWC.

I've never shot them, that's neat.

They're called wadcutters for a reason.

They have interesting effects on soft tissue and are pretty cheap.

>Distance was 25 ft

Attached: michael-j-fox.jpg (1955x2000, 1.04M)

Kek
>.t OP

The first step to being great at something is admitting you suck at something. You're on track.

Wikipedia says they're more aerodynamic and the weight difference between a conical bullet and the SWC reduces felt recoil. I thought they weighed the same. It does go on to say the SWC displays more efficient terminal ballistics. I don't know enough about bullets.

It doesn't need to be awkward. Knees slightly bent, shoulders forward of hips isn't awkward. It's just a little exaggerated.

Good choice of pistol user

Do not try to out grip or out muscle recoil. You can't. Focus on returning to the same sight picture, grip, alignment after every shot. Your support have should provide 60-70% of grip with the strong hand providing the rest. I stand for COMFORT and raise the gun to my eyes. I don't roll my shoulders or duck my head.

Also, dry fire practice is extremely beneficial and costs nothing. I recommend you dry fire every night with a penny or piece of brass on the end of your slide. Focus on pulling the trigger without the penny/brass moving.

This is going to sound sarcastic - it's not. I've seen a lot of new shooters do this.
Are you closing your eyes right before/after the shot? If so, force yourself to keep them open. You're wearing eyepro - you'll be fine.

Bruh get a staple gun and a fuck load of paper plates. Shit changed my life. Also consider getting dummy round and have a friend load you mags for you so you dont know if the gun will go off or not. Or just have your friend switch between giving you the gun with or without a round in the chamber

This looks like a trigger control issue. Don't slap the trigger. Balance a coin on the slide and dry fire.

Don't worry OP, me too.
>tfw limpwristed and cross-dominant

Stance doesnt mean shit neither does grip you can shoot a pistol accurately any way you want

Press the trigger smoothly in one action. When the shot breaks, pin the trigger to the rear and focus on watching your sights come back into alignment after the recoil. Slowly reset the trigger to where you hear and feel a click then fire again. Once you’re used to pinning the trigger and finding the reset, stop pinning the trigger and reset it as the sights are coming back into alignment. This will help to stop you from dramatically moving your sights under recoil and you will not only group better but shoot faster. You should also be practicing slow fire and focusing on sight alignment sight picture. The most important thing is to keep your focus on the front sight, watch the recoil impulse and smooth press on the trigger. Don’t look over your sights to see where your shots landed after you’ve fired.

>Not point shooting with your side arm
Shiggy diggy

I do dry fire often, with snap caps. However, I'm usually just playing and tinkering, not consciously practicing.

Practice.
Can get laser snap cap for feedback if you desire.

Bump

Buy a Ruger Mk IV (or another good 22 pistol like an S&W Victory or Buckmark, whatever floats your boat. I just believe the Mk IV is the best overall 22 pistol on the market, due to price point, cheap magazines, optics mounting out of the box, and dead simple field strip), and practice with that. If your budget won't allow for that right now, you can still practice with your CZ (nice gun, btw!), just pay even more attention to these tips.

Move back to 10 feet and grip the gun about as tightly as you would a baseball bat, or a hammer. You want a solid hold on the gun, but not a death grip. Push with your dominant hand; pull with your weak hand; wrap the 4 fingers of your weak hand over the 3 fingers of your dominant hand. Thumbs should be high up.

Fire slowly. Bring your sights on target, inhale deeply, and exhale about half the breath. In that several-second window, press the trigger evenly back until the shot breaks. Don't try and fight the recoil; keep your eye on the front sight and track it through recoil and back on target.

Using these tips, I shot pic related. 48 shots: 12 from 7 yards, 24 from 15 yards, and 12 from 25 yards. The X ring in this pic, for reference, is about 3 inches across and 4 inches tall. Used a Colt .22 Woodsman. I'm far from the best shot (hence those flyers), but paying attention to the fundamentals helps a lot with consistency.

Attached: muh_target.png (608x877, 330K)

Ben stoeger has a good book of drills