In June 2017...

>In June 2017, a gas turbine systems technician named Peter Mims thought to have been lost at sea was found after seven days hiding in the engine room.[6][7] Following the Mims incident, several sailors contacted the Navy Times about severe morale problems on the ship to which they attributed the Mims incident. The Navy Times requested "command climate surveys" through a Freedom of Information Act request.

These surveys, completed voluntarily by sailors on the ship, reported extensive morale problems universally blamed on the CO, Captain Adam M. Aycock. Among the complaints were widespread depression and suicidality, a dysfunctional ship that sailors felt was ill-prepared for combat, an overworked and deeply stressed crew, and a constant worry of extreme punishment for minor infractions. Sailors were dismayed that despite a significant number of the ship's crew filing severely critical complaints of Aycock's leadership in the command climate surveys, the only action taken by the Navy was to counsel him. Capt. Aycock was relieved of command after completing his full 26-month tour.[8] [9]

Why are ship captains such fucking douchbags?

Attached: tico.jpg (1920x1275, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/12/30/exclusive-how-peter-mims-spent-a-week-hiding-in-a-warships-engine-room/
youtube.com/watch?v=-hFbewJttNI
navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/uss-bread-and-water-punishment-loomed-over-a-demoralized-crew/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old news but you should read the full report it's incredibly interesting how fucked up that guy was and how he hid so well.

wait, did he hide because he felt bullied by the CEO?

tell me more

Ayy cock

Link it or tell us more user

Attached: 51075878_2384811444926964_4422854895040724992_n.png (536x954, 585K)

It really looks like USN is on the level it was right before WW2 started. So a complete mess.

if you google mims incident aycock you get a lot of stuff
either the navy is incompetent as hell or the quality of sailors are going down the toilet, or some combination of the two

>Be Aycock
>be a giant dick
Pottery.

>mims incident aycock
Mims himself is pretty Jow Forums
>Before he disappeared from the cruiser Shiloh on June 8, Mims was known for making crazy[] yet[] sincere claims. Shipmates recalled him saying he had been to space, and that he could shoot fireballs out of his hands.
>Mims ... told the ship's command master chief that he believed another sailor "had a poisoning scheme against him that involved injecting him with a needle,"
>The command counseled him in 2015 for being late on qualifications. Yet that same year, he was listed as "must promote" in his annual evaluation.
>"His enthusiasm and motivation are contagious!" a supervisor wrote on his eval. "A rock-solid performer with unlimited potential!"

Is this the right Captain Adam M. Aycock?

Attached: 1538680044641.jpg (2400x3000, 1.57M)

>Sailors aboard the cruiser Shiloh during the 26-month command of Capt. Adam M. Aycock often worried about the CO’s use of one of the Navy’s most arcane punishments: confinement for three days in the brig while being fed only bread and water.

Looks like a faggot.

wtf was his problem
did he just want to LARP as some master and commander style nigga or what

Kinda seems that way.

>be lower enlisted groundcrew in Air Cav unit
>one of the troop (company) commanders is an incompetent, overly cocky, raging asshole
>CO manages to ND helicopter's .50 machinegun into the fuel point
>blame it on an electrical malfunction despite your copilot submitting a sworn affidavit that he argued about putting the weapon system into standby mode according to procedure with the CO, and being told to shut up or be punched
>literally a week later, ND a rocket into the DFAC, minorly injuring 6 TCNs and a reservist SSG
>in post-incident interview says on official record "who the fuck cares about reservists? They're not people"
>3 weeks later leaves his M4 in the cockpit while he goes to debrief after a flight
>2 hours later realizes he lost his rifle
>comes back out
>rifle is off safe, has his third ND in 5 weeks through all the avionics and into the E4 maintainer working under the helicopter
>shoot's maintainer's right ring finger clear off
>maintainer gets up and starts doing the "I'm hurt" dance and swearing
>CO openly derides him and calls him a pussy, even though he's the one that pulled the trigger
>maintainer decks him
>CO detains him at gunpoint, refuses to let medics treat his injuries for 11 hours, is on official record as yelling that he had every right to execute him for treason and "Give me one fucking reason to put a bullet in you you fucking enlisted scumbag, ONE FUCKING REASON and I will blow your brains all over this flight line, and walk away scot free!" and demands that he be court martialed for striking an officer
CO was not reprimanded in any way, shape, or form for this. He received a below-grade promotion to Major from Captain and got a "rehabilitative transfer" to a super beneficial posting.

>naval officer
That's like holding an orange and saying that it looks like a fruit.

>Sailor falls from mast and dies on the mid-ship quarterdeck
>10 years later a sailor falls from the bridge wing into a dry dock and dies.
>First woman to command a cruiser is Capt. Holly Graf
>Is a royal bitch that yells at everyone and makes crew walk he dogs
>nicknamed "horrible Holly"
>Relieved of command in 2010 for cruelty, mistreatment of crew and conduct unbecoming.
>Capt. Robert marin replaces her.
>is relieved of command after 2 years for having an affair with another officers wife
>Marin is replaced by Capt. Gregory Gompert
>He nearly has a collison with a chinese landing ship.
>Falls ill during the cruise and stays in his cabin for 3 months
>While this is happening CHENG is running the ship
>CMDCM doesn't report this strangeness
>turns out Gompert was faking being sick and was fucking CHENG.
>all 3 are relieved of command
>XO is relieved in 2014 because of DUI.
The USS Cowpens CG-63 ladies and gents

Attached: US_Navy_031015-N-5821P-001_USS_Cowpens_(CG_63)_pulls_alongside_USS_Kitty_Hawk_(CV_63)_for_replenishm (1920x1260, 298K)

I meant faggot in the sense of "dumbass" not in the literal sense but yeah he's probably a literal faggot as well.

I cant believe Chang was right!

Attached: USN vs PLAN officer and enlisted.jpg (1280x1191, 261K)

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/12/30/exclusive-how-peter-mims-spent-a-week-hiding-in-a-warships-engine-room/

implessive

First those piss-bottles in the CIC and then this.

Did the USN become a fucking NEET organization?

I wish I had such a bitching dagger or sword after academy.

The absolute state.

sounds like aycock was a cock

>I meant faggot in the sense of "dumbass" not in the literal sense
Let me repeat:
>naval officer
That's like holding an orange and saying it looks like a fruit.

Oh god, this needs to be a movie

There seems to be a tendency that people go crazy if they spend too much time at sea. Something with power and very little oversight perhaps.

t. merchant mariner

I don't want to believe this

>A week after he disappeared a search crew found him hiding in an escape passage leading out of a sweltering engine room.
>He was covered in urine and feces, and had a camelback, a multi-tool, Peeps candy and an empty peanut butter jar with him.
>Mims could have been apprehended prior to his discovery when another sailor spotted him in the middle of the night, days earlier. But that sailor just went back to sleep instead of sounding the alarm.

I just don't even.

fake and gay

3 days of bread and water is way better than getting maxed out on Restriction

.... That's the kind of shitbag that deserves a trip overboard.

A trp 1/17 Air Cav. Mosul, 2007.

>He was covered in urine and feces, and had a camelback, a multi-tool, Peeps candy and an empty peanut butter jar with him.
I can't stop imagining this and laughing my ass off
>I AM THE HACKER MAN
>YOU BOYS LIKE CANDY?
>I'LL SHIV YOU WITH MY FLAT HEAD!

at this point, I really want to become a PLAN mariner instead of serving this:
Rather dance to techno tunes than to be mistreated by a she-male with paranoid male-hating tendencies

youtube.com/watch?v=-hFbewJttNI

I would have just shot him. Punch him in the face, grab his gun, then shoot him in the gut.

Basically every officer, warrant officer, and senior enlisted in the entire task force was petitioning for him to be relieved of command. The B Trp CO attempted on multiple times to charge him with dereliction of duty but was shut down by the SCO.

A trp CO was a West Pointer. SCO was a West Pointer from 2 years ahead of him and had known him for 10+ years. SCO was relieved for cause some 3 years later, in part because he admitted to lying under oath, slandering other officers to protect the A Trp CO, and trashing multiple sworn statements about the A trp CO during an IG investigation.

>"who the fuck cares about reservists? They're not people"

He's not wrong on that part

>He nearly has a collison with a chinese landing ship.
WHAT?
HOLY SHIT I NEED THIS STORY.

He pulled a gun on the he ND'd??? Holy shit!

>Cowpens is tailing the chink carrier
>Landing ship is with the carrier.
>They get to close.
thats about it desu

>bread and water

Nah..That ain't cruel. Being in the brig and fed only with bread, VEGEMITE and water. That's cruel.

Attached: 71xgSHMN6vL._SL1500_.jpg (602x1500, 84K)

Needs a big war in order to square some of this shit up, innit.

how is the military supposed to handle this sort of thing?
i understand there's going to be normal friction between a commander and the people below him, what's the proper procedure for letting the authorities know your co is wackjob without being a snitch?

Useless spoonfed niggers

Attached: 1548826032530.jpg (272x479, 30K)

Frag the fag

I call bullshit.

how do you even get a grenade on a ship

The dude I was referring to was the air cav officer as for a grenade on a ship where there is a will there is a way

from the armory? dont know about smaller ships but they probably have some on carriers.

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/10/09/uss-bread-and-water-punishment-loomed-over-a-demoralized-crew/
>only slept for 3 hours a day
what the fuck was up with this captain

Thats a normal naval sleep schedule tho

i feel a commander like this would've been shot or at least been "reprimanded" by some of his soldiers

Women have absolutely no place anywhere near the military. Fucking liberals, I swear to god.

No, he ND'd pulling the rifle out of the dash scabbard, THEN he drew down on the guy after getting decked for ND'ing.

So assuming the various checks and balances are working as intended:
>go up the chain of command
If the SCO wasn't actively trying to cover for him, it should have first and foremost been the SCO to take action. The step above him would be the brigade commander. Unfortunately, the SCO was implicit and the BC basically just took the SCO's word on the matter, which is pretty much standard even though it's the wrong thing to do.
>contact the Inspector General (IG)
It's a supposedly neutral party whose sole job is to investigate complaints of command abuse..but it's made up of senior officers.
>contact CID in event of actual crime and not just someone abusing authority
But, again, the people in CID that decide what CID does and doesn't investigate are senior officers.

Okay boyo's ill let you in on a little secret, these "you can't make this shit up" stories are mostly true. I'm currently serving in JP at a land-side post and it gets as bad as the ships on Naval bases. Our station has had two suicides and FUCKING EIGHT ATTEMPTED SUICIDES last year alone. Three of witch I was lucky to respond to (I'm joking). My own command is toxic and makes me want to slam my hand in our 500lb armory door just to get away from these fucks. But again, they overreact to minor issues and always throw the jr enlisted under the bus. EAOS is JAN2020 and it can't come fast enough.

>EAOS is JAN2020

explain pls

I still try to attempt to cling on some hope

>Implying any of these happened

As a PLAN officer, I actually feel bad for you.

Luckily, we still only do sail-by stuff with you guys.

End
of
Active
Obligated
Service

EAOS
For those of us who truly want out the EAOS and DD214 is exodus. Dont get me wrong, I've made great friends and met fellow Jow Forums sailors but the state of the Navy is very poor. And i don't see an end in sight since its Continuing to transition into business style operation.

“Yeah I’ll walk your dogs ma’am. Walk these little bitches right off the bow.”

Bullshit. Guy would "go missing" on the sea and somebody would mention they saw him walking around the deck at night.

That's how this shit works.

The entire government culture, from the military down to school teachers, is about encouraging malignant narcissists and asscoverers and making sure noone ever gets any clever ideas about fighting back

All for farming a more effective apparatus to further the opression of white americans

I thought Mad Dog was supposed to use the power of his testosterone to fix everything. What happened? When did our Navy break, and why?

Fuckoff. Vegemite is good.

What are the issues? A good friend's kid is signing up for the Navy next week and he's on the fence, but he's being encouraged because he's pretty much guaranteed to be a zoomer fuckup if he doesn't have some structure in his life.

Trump wasnt based, and we basically need a civil war and a Stalinist purge to clear the ranks, the training infrastructure, and mil ind complex

I honestly dont think there even are enough decent worthwhile officers to run even a quarter of the military at this point, however, if a good civil war were thrown, then as long as the text, picture and video information were preserved, we could regenerate said capabilities in a decade

The only think I would fear losing is technical capacity, but thats fairly broad so the odds of losing everyone who can remember how to do anything are extremely low

The Saint has moved on to greener pastures, i believe he left do to the disagreement he had with POTUS on Syria. Trust me, we all wanted him to. But I think what the Navy needs is less lingering senior enlisted and officers living comfortably in messes they make.

It definitely will give him structure if he wants it. But if he lets the bullshit get to him early on and doesn't adapt hell be eaten alive. I say adapt because i'm pointing to the bull-shit going on in our branch right now. Sink or swim.

Is that guy US Navy hide and seek champion or something?

Much like Vietnam, decades of constant war turninf away potential combined with the realization that the US military doesn't fight for the American people but rather corporate interests. Except this time add in a big dose of politically motivated social justice shit from the Frankfurt School.

Watch a movie called "The Bedford Incident"

Attached: Bedford Incident - 10.jpg (283x226, 15K)

not hard to hide in the inner bottoms. no sane man will look for you there

Stalin purged all of the competent officers. In a military as large as the US, you will have a larger number of psychos but I imagine the percentage is similar to any other militaries.

I served with a chief who was on Cowpens under Holly. Said she was unnaturally abominable toward her JOs. She’d line them up in her cabin, ensigns and JGs, and just scream up and down the line the most horrendous, personal insults until one of them would cry, then just zero in on them and demean them for it in front of the others.
Also heard that when she was relieved rousing cries of “the witch is gone” went up throughout the ship. Sad to hear things didn’t get better for them.

Stalin didn't purge all the competent officers, he purged the politically inconvenient ones, competence or not

That exact thing has happened, albiet slowly and more surely, already in the US/Fair is fair, we can can them right back

All Mattis cared about was fighting wars for Israel.

Tell him to join the Air Force. It has the highest standard of living. Living on a ship in port sucks. being out to sea for six months is much worse.

Unironically send him to the Coast Guard, at least they have a real mission

Attached: nP29Vhx.png (1403x1964, 1.47M)

Are you sure they aren't checking bottoms? It is navy after all.

Yes, and then the lizard men from the hollow Moon will come and steal all of our precious semen reserves so that Dagon can return to this mortal plane.

lel

>compare propaganda photos to candid shots
sasuga yuropoor

kek

>>Mims could have been apprehended prior to his discovery when another sailor spotted him in the middle of the night, days earlier. But that sailor just went back to sleep instead of sounding the alarm
>be in rack
>woken up by something, lay there quietly, not sure what it was
>hear it again, a slight scuffing over the distant whine of the turbines and sloshing of the sea
>pull back curtain and peak blearily into the dim space beyond
>you can just make him out on the far side of the berthing, bathed in the eerie red glow of the ship’s lanterns
>it’s fucking Mims
>his coveralls are filthy, hair disheveled, and an unholy stench greets your nose as he rifles through a locker
>it can’t be
>he went overboard days ago, didn’t he?
>to your horror, he perks up, head swiveling in your direction before you can retreat to the safety of your rack
>his eyes are wild and unnerving as he slowly holds a single finger to his shit-smeared lips
>you nod weakly; this has to be a nightmare
>reclining back into your pillow, you lay motionless for what feels like an eternity before hesitantly teaching for the curtain again
>he’s gone, only the gentle swaying of your shipmate’s curtains to be seen in the quiet berthing
>you need more sleep

>clear the military industrial complex

fuck off libtard commie scum. We need our military to be as powerful and equipped as it is. Freedom hating cucks like you need to fuck off with trying to defund the military

>A command at sea ring

Confirmed child molester

Ayy COCK.

Jesus. Thanks all.

wheres pic from

>Shipmates described him as small but strong,
when will manlets learn

>>Mims could have been apprehended prior to his discovery when another sailor spotted him in the middle of the night, days earlier. But that sailor just went back to sleep instead of sounding the alarm.
This is what always gets me. You could fall overboard and be dying of hypothermia, or you could just stop going to work in favor of hiding in a vent. In the middle of the ocean, to the rest of your department, there's no real difference.

And they say that there's "camraderie" and "safety" and shit in the military!

read further

Mims also told the sailor he believed there were hidden messages in the movie titles listed in the June 8 plan of the day, and that he expected the sailor to tell someone about their encounter.

“(The sailor) stated he was scared of (Mims) and that GSM3 Mims could physically beat him in a fight,” according to the summary.

Mims walked off, and the sailor went back to the berthing area to sleep for about 90 minutes. At about 6 a.m., the sailor woke and told the command about seeing Mims.

But that sailor was in the midst of being disciplined for an unrelated matter, which caused “credibility problems” with his account, according to the investigation.

That chad beer gut

Attached: IMG_2480.jpg (3000x1980, 1.39M)

>But that sailor was in the midst of being disciplined for an unrelated matter, which caused “credibility problems”
hmmmmmmm
>"I Fucking saw Mims!! He looked crazy and smelled like shit, like he was hanging out in a bilge or inside the funnels or something. He'd do that, he's an engy, he has access. But I saw him. He was in Zone D4e7. Where the big grate into that fan room is!
>But you were late the week we sailed. Why should we believe you?
>"But we thought he went overboard! He's just been hiding! How does Mims being around even matter to my case? Don't you care that one of your sailors is alive and still onboard, but has gone fucking bonkers!?"
>no, kys yourself masted retard

sounds like a competent command team. 8/8 triad right there

whomst is that actual crackhead US officer general or whatever