Is the Walther PPK in .32acp (7.65 Browning) the perfect ccw for a woman?

Is the Walther PPK in .32acp (7.65 Browning) the perfect ccw for a woman?

>slightly smaller in every way than a Glock 43
>relatively heavy (helps with recoil)
>modest caliber to reduce recoil, noise, and fireball

Attached: file.png (1000x744, 953K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0FXHVjXPtJk
waltherarms.com/handguns/ppk/ppk/
tactical-life.com/firearms/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>slightly smaller in every way than a Glock 43
Talking about the Euro PPK, not the cucked PPK/S shit.

If she likes DA/SA, it's the most stylish one, I think.

I'm teaching her Israeli carry; empty chamber carry.

.32 has a suboptimal stopping rate. Plus it's heavy and has a small capacity for what it is.

>.32 has a suboptimal stopping rate.
I think shot placement is more important than raw stopping power.
Especially for a woman, reduced recoil, noise, and fireball help with that.

>small capacity
7 sounds about right for a single-stack pistol that size.

Do you want her to die? I get that a woman is stupid and might shoot something but also consider that under stress even firearm savvy people might not be able to chamber a round, let alone a woman who probably doesn't care about guns that much to train seriously. Just carry da/sa decocked with a round chambered.

.32 statistically falls short, way short on the list of common rounds used in defensive scenarios. Get her a kel tec p-whatever in .32 if you must but my advice is a minimum of .380

Get her hands on some dick

Attached: makarov_gun_pistolet_160315[1].jpg (1200x900, 185K)

>DA/SA pistol with a manual safety
>Israeli carry

user, what the fuck?

Turns it into a single action, does't it?

>PPK, not the cucked PPK/S shit.
I don't own any walthers, is there really that big of a difference?
also the captcha thinks ups truck is a bus, lol

No?

Except it do.

Grip's longer.

The thing is it will add a substantial amount of time for her to get her first shot on target if she's gotta take the step to rack the slide back. Also, what if she doesn't have her extra hand free to get it into the action? The other arm may be pinned down by her assailant or something. There's a youtube vid somewhere where it shows a dude dying because he lost enough time racking the slide because the robber got to him first.

youtube.com/watch?v=0FXHVjXPtJk

I'm well aware.
I'm just not going to teach her to become a quickdraw, so the compromise is Israeli carry.
We're both very busy people, and as a result we're both constantly having brainfarts, as I imagine anyone does.

Not to mention she's likely almost never going to actually carry.
It's more of a home defense thing, for at night when I'm away for work.

You still have to rack the slide to chamber a round you blithering idiot.

I could think of worse choices but consider a .38 snub. Tougher to shoot because of the light weight but simpler to use and judging from she isn't going to put a lot of time into practice.

I doubt it to be honest. Mine is .380, but it's far and away the least pleasant gun I own to shoot. Not just the recoil, the slide will bite you and it's very difficult to rack a round into the chamber. First time I tried I jammed the shit out of it and I have unusually strong hands. Pretty sure your average woman would struggle with the slide a ton.

That being said, they are pretty and shoot as accurate as I can, so they have that going for them. The .32 might be better for a woman, but I doubt it's all that different.

If the woman in question likes it and can't handle a modern CCW gun like a Shield or even a Glock 42, then sure. .32 ACP has a reputation for being anemic (to the point where some recommend you carry FMJs rather than JHPs), but it'll do the job with good shot placement.

... and you don't with a single action?

Yeah, being a simple blowback action the spring is stiffer than with modern short recoil-operated handguns.
That's a concern.

Any experience with M&P Shield or a Glock 43, or a similar 9mm ccw pistol?
Think those might shoot and rack more gently than your .380 PPK?

A single action you keep condition one like someone who owns a brain.

>heavy as fuck
>snappy as fuck to shoot
>fte all the fucking time
>7 rnds
yea if you want ur wife to leave it at home

Probably going to be pretty damn hard for her to rack the slide, not a lot to grab on to and the recoil spring its kind of stiff

Or you could just not be a retard
Round in the chamber
Safery on
It has a service weighted DA trigger
It really is safer this way

if you fuck up with a DA/SA gun with a super easy to use safety/decocker and a loaded chamber indicator, you're too stupid to own a gun

The Walther PP is a very concealable weapon. Perfect for a purse.

Yeah no, do you own one? They're great range toys but there's a million and a half guns I'd rather have on me than my Walther PP. One reason is that if I actually have to use it I'd be heart broken when it got 'lost' in evidence. Buy a used shield and not think twice about it.

>>relatively heavy (helps with recoil)
You don't know what you're talking about, user. The Walther PP is a lightweight weapon.

>>modest caliber to reduce recoil, noise, and fireball
It just as noisy as any other pistol. The calibre doesn't reduce recoil that much. As a matter of fact, many larger caliber pistols have lower recoil.
Fireball? What fireball?

t. I carry a Walther PP daily due to it's lighter weight and concealability.

It's my daily concealed carry

OP, have you actually shot a PPK? They have the worst DA triggers I have ever seen. I think only the Nagant revolver has a worse DA pull than a PPK.

>perfect ccw for a woman?
And a 14 pound fucking trigger pull. Have you shot one user?

And a shields mine? What's your point? There's hundreds of better options out there than that .32 brick and don't reply with your reasons why.

>become a quickdraw
Ah, I see, the ol' tactical "slowly rummage around in purse for gun components, assemble gun, put primer, powder and bullet in case, load into magazine, rack slide, disengage safety pull trigger" kind of carry.
I hope you hate your wife and are just trying to get her killed so you get her life insurance, because nobody who loves somebody would teach them what you are.

>service weighted DA
waltherarms.com/handguns/ppk/ppk/
>13.4 pound trigger pull
I've actually shot one. I can max out a 200lbs grip strength gauge. Its a heavy trigger. Its hard to hold on target for the first shot. God help a woman (who score about half of men's grip strength) try and shoot that thing.

Blah, blah, blah.......
It's what I have, it's what I train with. IDC what our opinion is.

Wrong. Women are too stupid to manipulate a slide, safety or whatever.

A double action only revolver is the way to go, and this is assuming a bird knows how to open the cylinder in the first placd.

Attached: 8C084650-6EA6-4CCF-9D8B-FDA76EB5F492.jpg (685x514, 78K)

>t. has never shot a ppk

k tough guy.

>advising a chick to use the DA on a fucking PPK

Attached: 1546196568536.jpg (1994x3000, 728K)

>the PPK isn't very concealable because I don't want to get my PP lost in evidence

>The Walther PP is a lightweight weapon
It's all steel, it's about as heavy as guns get in that size.
Compare that to the common CCW pistols out there like the Shield, Glock 42/43, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec .380, etc.

Hence why Israeli carry is a good idea with this particular gun.

triggers too heavy and recoil is too snappy for most females

Every single action semi auto I'm aware of has a safety. So you keep the hammer cocked, round in the chamber, safety on.

>rack the slide, pull trigger
>slowly rummage around in purse for gun components, assemble gun, put primer, powder and bullet in case, load into magazine, rack slide, disengage safety pull trigger
These are not the same.

>believing a woman will have the presence of mind to draw and rack a slide in a life or death scenario

I'd rather take my chances with a one-in-a-million situation where I'm both being assaulted AND incapable of racking a slide, than with the constant daily threat of ND.

There's good reason to argue that a precise thumb movement like flicking a safety is harder to do under duress than a large movement like racking a slide.

How would you get a ND with the safety on, genius?

>There's good reason to argue that a precise thumb movement like flicking a safety is harder to do under duress than a large movement like racking a slide.
Except one is accomplished with the same hand you hold the gun with and the other requires 2 hands. Enjoy riding the slide or something else that fails to make a round feed properly. There is no reason to israeli carry on a da/sa.

No. The PPK has stupid recoil for what it is, at least in 380. Felt like a snappy 9 compared to the P238.

>There's good reason to argue that a precise thumb movement like flicking a safety is harder to do under duress than a large movement like racking a slide.
I see you have come to articulate the many reasons why she should carry a DA revolver. Fascinating please tell me more.

except it isn't easy for a lot of women to rack slides, because the grip problem. Honestly, if you are going to carry something in suicidal-israeli-carry get something with a gas system so that the slide isn't as stiff. Like a CCP, a lot of women actually hugely like the CCP for that reason exactly. Or, like I suspect, you are trying to get her killed, carry on.

>genius
Because he obviously isn't a genius. I'm impressed by this thread, pretty much all of Jow Forums is in agreement with carrying a PPK isn't a great idea for a woman, and israeli carry is fucking retarded.

Israeli carry is only a good idea if the only pistol you have access to is something like a TT33 with a shitty/no safety.

That is literally the only reason to do it.

>ppk
>for home defense
>no round in chamber
user you are retard

It was good enough for James Bond, it's good enough for me, and I'm used to having 7 rounds anyway

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 8K)

>condition one

Attached: images(9).jpg (253x199, 9K)

Right now my EDC is a Smith bodyguard in the pocket, it's smaller than the ppk and I'm not exactly supposed to be armed at work, but fuck that. It is MUCH easier to manipulate than the walther, and just generally more ergonomic and modern. The slide runs like butter, but the trigger sucks balls. Ultimately I might replace it with a sig p238, but I haven't decided if I'm cool with carrying cocked and locked in a pocket.

I still like the ppk better, but it only comes out on weekends and after work now as it prints a ton more. I don't care about getting outed at the grocery or whatever (has never happened though) but I can't risk it at work.

>safeties can't get flipped by accident
k

>Except one is accomplished with the same hand you hold the gun with and the other requires 2 hands.
Which is part of the reason why it's in some ways an easier thing to do under duress.

A DA revolver is a dumb idea for a woman.
Those heavy trigger pulls make it extremely difficult to get any good shot placement, especially for people with minimal hand strength and size like women.

>this fucking thread
Wait until these "condition 1 or you're dead" autists read about the Israelis using Israeli carry AND .22 pistols to fight terrorists.

Or about how Browning designed the 1911 without safety because he felt they were supposed to be carried condition 2.

Attached: 1544659951705.jpg (530x600, 223K)

It's a quite good option at least.

>fires .32 ACP
It may not be the world most powerful cartridge, but at least it does what pistol rounds do : it pokes holes in people and do that well. With FMJs you'll get enough penetration. This cartridge has been used during WW1, WW2, in between by at least the german police forces, it was very popular among civilians back then and after the war it remained a quite common cartridge in more than a few police forces across Europe. All that shows at least one thing : it's a cartridge perfectly capable of killing men.

Furthermore, the relative low recoil produced by this cartridge enables the shooter to fire followed-up shots and also one-handed. And this really shouldn't be overlooked.

Absolutley retarded its da/sa

>its da/sa
And?

God, what a retard. The dad pulled a fucking unchambered gun on someone who was already pointing his gun at him and he got himself and his fucking son killed.

>not knowing that israelis carry on an empty chamber because they're retarded conscripts who can't be trusted to not shoot themselves.
>not knowing those same retards chose .22lr as a less than lethal crowd control tool.
Nice try, Shapiro.

its safe to carried chambered, dipshit

tactical-life.com/firearms/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/

Even elite operatives carried empty-chamber .22 handguns to take on heavily armed terrorists.

>carrying a DA gun chambered is as safe as carrying it unchambered
no