/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Barracks Lawyer Edition

OLD:
LAEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
LAEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BIG NO

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 49858643_1079233585587946_1678559420626703382_n.jpg (1080x977, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Complete-SIFT-Study-Guide-Preparation/dp/1539592669?SubscriptionId=AKIAJW4YOJSKUYHLNNAA&tag=mftne-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1539592669
amazon.com/SIFT-Study-Guide-2018-2019-Instrument/dp/1635302277?SubscriptionId=AKIAJW4YOJSKUYHLNNAA&tag=mftne-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1635302277
discord.gg/hmnCCTb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"R-raise your right hand... user"

Attached: 1548831982634.jpg (750x937, 97K)

just found out I'm going back to MEPS to renegotiate contract from 19D to 19K. pretty happy guys, feels good

my dick needs to be all over that right fucking now

what are my chances for a top secret clearance with a parent who’s not a US citizen, but a permanent resident. anyone have experience with that? i have no other issues besides that. i don’t wanna wait a fuckin year for my clearance so i’m thinking of just taking a job with a secret clearance instead

have any pictures of her ass?

Native country? It's not off the table, heck I know a guy with an Iranian dad who had no problem. Helped that his dad left during the revolution because he hated the new govt.
know some chinks who got theirs, however they weren't allowed to do super spoopy stuff

mexico. i’ve heared of cases like that too, even with chinese people. but i don’t wanna sign up for some super secret shit, get denied, and end up scrubbing shitters

chinks shouldnt be allowed in the military. they shouldnt be allowed in the country. period.

>what are my chances for a top secret clearance with a parent who’s not a US citizen, but
i know a literal chinaman with friends and family in The Party who got his TS before I did

Should be fine unless your dad was a government official. Not a lot of Mexicans or Hispanics in Intel so I don't think I ever met anyone like you but I've met worse.
worst case you get a clearance but not specific caveats for a more classified role and so just get assigned another role. You won't be painting rocks regardless and desu you should be good to go on all fronts.

Yeah I agree they should be denied clearances especially after a big guy got all them there Cia nigger necked who operated in China. He was ethnically Chinese but born here

fucking kek
nope not a govt official, thanks for the info, didn’t know that was a possibility. i figured it was either you got fully approved, or denied and sent to some shitty job

this ist is fully reasonable and fully okay to deny 100% of nonwhites to the military because they might be spies + therefore are fully the enemy

Chinks exclusively. There is data to back up that they are targeted by the Chinese govt, rewarded handomsely for betraying us, and have a history of doing so to the point where imo it's justified. I understand it won't happen cuz that's "racist" but it's not just 1st or 2nd generation guys doing this. It's gotten people killed and millions lost in assets

The US Marines should all be white! White!!!

this is that level of fat where you would tell your homies you wouldn't touch that bitch but secretly every person in the conversation would.

Fuck no, I'm not ashamed to say I would bury my dick so deep in that slamhog brappig's asshole they would never find me again

then there would only be about a platoon worth
>unless you're counting mexicans as white
then you'd have about 2/3rds
the rest are flips and nigs.

Marine corps is the whitest branch. 2nd is Hispanics ofc which are super common

Despite any achievements and the ease of making further strides, but also any hardships overcome and any promises of assistance or insistances that things get easier, I still feel bad (as in hopeless or uncertain or outright shaken) most of the time about the things I do, am doing, or may/can/will do!

Attached: ac_whatajoke.jpg (578x446, 22K)

Found this in my dad's old Army jacket, anyone know what it is or what it means?

Attached: 20190106_130703.jpg (4032x2268, 2.46M)

kys fag

Redpill me on the Marines.

They are proper White Warriors... What America needs...

he scored 26 on the ASVAB

If you need this then don't join cuz it'll suck. Less funding for training n what not

why dont we just get everyone to collectively treat chinks like shit so they wont bother joining?

Any advice for someone that's socially maladjusted from a botched childhood that's looking to join the military because he's a failure and has no where else to go?

joke = joining the marines
woke = joining the air force

Pick a job that will help you longterm in case you don't wanna stay in the military forever.
If you do join, try to go out with people. If you don't drink l, politely try it. You can stop there but it builds bridge with that crowd and you'll start to make buds.
you can be autistic as long as you're good at what you do and no one will mind

>you can be autistic as long as you're good at what you do and no one will mind
this is absolutely wrong and i can tell you're a shut-in mommys boy who has never held a real job or even attended post-secondary education

Yeah if you arent a complete shithead and want a job that translates well to civilian side with certs look at army watercraft field. Only military school that is accredited by the USCG to give you MMC and for free and sea time.

Passed MEPS yesterday and already have a date scheduled for the PAST test. I guess the airforce is really hurting for people wanting to do special operations. Anyways I'm really excited. /blog end

CCT or PJ?

I drink. Probably too much. I'll keep what you said in mind.
Thank's, I'll look into that.

what happens if you can’t pass one of the obstales they have you do in boot camp? i want to join the marines and i can pass the PFT and everything just fine, but let’s say i can’t climb a rope or rappel down that big ass tower, what happens then? do i just not graduate?

Wrong but ok.

they beat you with machine guns until you can.

How hard is EOD school... anyone who's either EOD or a washout?

u fail instantly

Half the SF dropouts in my state end up in EOD. So medium.

Which state is that desu

They teach you how and even if you suck its not a graduation requirement.

Alabama, 20th group, but there's dets in like 8 different states.

I just hate hot humid weather (which I've heard Lackland has in the summer) and would like to avoid running in it. I actually want a bunch of immature kids in my flight so I look like less of a fuckup by comparison.

SERE

you keep trying until you pass,

They WILL motivate you to succeed. I know we all think of our DS/DI/TI's as absolute dicks but believe in the system... they're only hard on you because you're going to be one of them. Even more so in combat... do you really want to be next to someone that keeps going "oh I know I can't do that"

It's air force holy shit it's not hard

Where is your job?

>They WILL motivate you to succeed.
wrong

Did 5 years sigint in the marines but ended at a support battalion doing cyber

I disagree but keep typing keyboard warrior

Tanks haven’t done anything since 1991, and probably won’t do anything until another 10-20 years when China finally kicks off

You guys sound like crayon eating facebook-group posting hicks

and i did 4 doing comms and my career manager tells me cyber is too new and isnt worth trying to get into, and its not like my current job has much going on of value and every time i try to add some value i get told to stop so maybe you can fuck off with your positivity bullshit

Speaking on this, I’m from Northern PA so I dont really do Well in excessive heat. I was wondering if I should ship out to Paris Island this summer or wait until fall?

Summer is the best time to go, trust me

Whys that?

wtf is wrong with you? I'm with

Cool

Don't let the seasons dictate anything. Sooner the better if you intend to do it.

That’s what I’ve been thinking, but I heard in South Carolina the weather can get over 110 degrees in the summer, while here it’s like 70-80 at most. I’ll probably fucking die

Yeah well you may very well get stationed there for years too. Suck it up, the body will get used to it. It's designed to acclimate you to it. It's not going to be fucking comfy any time of the year, parris Island hates you

Dude go during the summer, you'll get to say you got the real experience.

Muh sand fleas

What are those like?

So here's an odd question. I was at JRTC last year and saw a platoon's worth of fancy high speed guys wearing knee braces I've never seen before. Not kneepads, but braces. Shit was camouflaged, and they seemed to be running and training just fine, they weren't injured.

I can only assume they were issued to them, but that got me thinking about how much I worry about my knees. I'm going Airborne and that's only going to damage them more. What do you do to protect yourself from destroying your knees? Does anyone wear any fancy shit like picrelated to protect themselves, or do you do any fancy exercises? I pack light and wear my gear properly but I wonder if anyone has any extra advice.

Attached: 660468a2-6e1b-488f-a019-7e9c25c9f872.jpg._CB302818530_.jpg (300x300, 13K)

They nip ya

I have thought about this as well.
I ride a motorcycle and there are motocross/offroad knee braces that are pretty substantial looking.
I'm also seeing knee braces being worn by football players, so there's definitely some merit to the idea.
pic related attaches to the boot as well, not sure how useful that would be for running or squats though.
I have been in the Army(6active 6guard) for twelve years and my knees are starting to feel it.

forgot pic.

Attached: motokneebrace.jpg (468x576, 129K)

Interesting. I was gonna just suck it up but I figured I can't be the only one who thought about it on here. Those football ones look interesting, and they seem to be used more.

Attached: 5ad3fec1ad6e7.image.jpg (1200x800, 128K)

Chinese businesses send spies to work in major U.S corporations to siphon their secrets, and you think the Chinese fucking government is above spying on our military? Chinese nationalists are little rats who should scurry back to their trashpile country.

六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre

反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward

文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution

人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system

民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行

法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗

胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨

獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官

黑社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩

台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama

新疆維吾爾自治區

The Хinjiang Uyghur Αutοnοmοus Region 新疆维吾尔自治区

When the WBGT is over 90 they're limited in how much outdoor activity they can make you do, one perk is that you just walk everywhere in formation instead of needing to keep time marching.
At BEAST you don't have to worry about mopp gear: every drill will be level 0 and you only have to wear the helmet/vest during night guard duty, and again because of the WBGT work-rest cycles you get breaks.
Your graduation ceremonies may be cut short so more time with your family.
PT is in the morning instead of afternoon.

How do I become the guy who plays Taps?

Accepted into the Street to Seat WOFT program for the army. Currently DEPping. AMA.

Attached: E15D2D64-14D4-494D-B7F8-CABC34FEF24A.jpg (640x550, 61K)

Gz

What's your previous aviation experience? What's the medical examination like? How did you study for SIFT?

hey Jow Forums i want to be a marine. any advice?

Jow Forums?

Do it fag

I've been around General Aviation aircraft most of my life. Worked at an airport FBO for a bit too right before board.
35 Hours Fixed SEL (hours towards PPL, but didnt even solo)
1.2 Rotary (to help for the SIFT in the sense of understanding the mechanicals of it, as well as have some time (technically) in a helicopter to look good for the board)

Medical Exam sucks, but was to be expected. If you're hiding ANYTHING, they will find it. Some interesting aspects to it though. I had to read an oddly worded paragraph aloud "to check if i could use a radio".
You pay for shit like food and hotel and then Army reimburses you, so have a few hundred bucks when you go to a base (if you travel there with a recruiter and stay 2 nights. I went to Campbell).

SIFT wasnt too bad. I got a 66. More aviation experience = better score, among other things. I bought 2 study guides, and i bought the paperback FAA Helicopter Flying Handbook but that one's free PDF online.

amazon.com/Complete-SIFT-Study-Guide-Preparation/dp/1539592669?SubscriptionId=AKIAJW4YOJSKUYHLNNAA&tag=mftne-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1539592669

amazon.com/SIFT-Study-Guide-2018-2019-Instrument/dp/1635302277?SubscriptionId=AKIAJW4YOJSKUYHLNNAA&tag=mftne-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1635302277

Git Gud at spatial recognition, manipulating a shape in your mind and understanding how it would then look from a point of view. I was good at this because I like to fuck around in CAD programs.

Anything else?

When do you start getting BAH? I can go in as an E3 after this last semester.

Any of yall get to get an apartment? How do you look for room mates? Georgia specifically

I'm the WOFT nibba. HMU on the discord for /MEG/

discord.gg/hmnCCTb

Am I a fucking retard for wanting to enlist when I have a nursing degree? And if so will I fit in for being said retard?

Attached: aquila.png (850x850, 1.18M)

ty man

Depends on branch. Generally when you hit staff maybe. Otherwise when you get married or never.
don't count on it

Should I play flight simulator?

That your dad is autistic.

Attached: DmSdSWEVAAAMSju.jpg (960x600, 44K)

If you've got one of those two-year nursing degrees then do whatever. But if you've got a BSN you're a moron if you want to serve but don't just commission as an RN.

E-6 or get married.

What fucking branch
I'm about to start getting BAH as a single E-3 in the AF. Also depends on your duty station

>BAH as a single E-3 in the AF
wew lad

>being stuck in the dorms until E-6

Attached: 1420356010772.jpg (520x678, 69K)

>E-3 with no dependents getting BAH
how in the fuck did you pull that off

Shipping out in less than a month and I don't know what to do with my car when I ship for basic. None of my family or friend want to take it. Anyone here ever stored their car in a self-service storage? Or anyone have suggestions?

Attached: 1518475109668.png (696x704, 536K)

give it to me

No user give it to me. I'm closer gauranteed and i can pick it up

Armee, I want to get out of barracks and carry ASAP I figure I can make an 80% 1911 and bribe the platoon daddy.

Are things different if your a ranger?
Is that weird? Isnt it kinda hard to date while innamilitsry?Jow Forums tells me all the womens arent worth it

Attached: 1548471935107.jpg (888x960, 199K)

Low/no impact cardio when possible. Biking, stair climber, ellipticals, and rowing are all great ways to train endurance without fucking your joints permenantly.

That being said, they are not 100% substitutes for running. You will need to pull a few miles on the road each week to maintain your unit/branch standards.