Is 30-30 as shit as everyone makes it out to be? It’s a centerfire .30 caliber bullet, it can’t be that shit can it...

Is 30-30 as shit as everyone makes it out to be? It’s a centerfire .30 caliber bullet, it can’t be that shit can it? I want a Marlin 336 as a hunting gun because they’re cool and they’re cheap, but everyone I know is telling me to go .308/30-06 or .243/.270.

Attached: 3B7EAFB6-1246-410E-AFB3-0EE172D5739B.jpg (880x660, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8-L3PMtID0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love my 336w, and 30-30 is a real fun round. The only problem with it is that's it's more expensive now to plink with, but hunting wise its pretty decent.

Non scoped it's a fine ~120 yd hunting round. It's killed more game in this country than any other round.

30-30 will kill anything, i like it, my buddy has an old winchester pre-64 model 94 and its fucking awesome, that thing has some power

It's fine, it only gets a bad rap because of caliber creep and tactifudds that think you need an AR10 chambered in whatever meme of the week to kill a durr

Who makes .30-30 out to be shit? It's like 7.62x39 for leverguns.

Don't overpay for a Marlin 336. You can buy them on Gunbroker for ~$250 if you're not completely retarded. I got two for around $240/ea plus shipping. People don't realize this, though, so I sold the worse of the two for $350 locally.

East of the Mississippi 30-30 will work wonders. Out West the bullet just is not a long distance round. That all.

I have a buddy who blasts on deer all day with one and he has never had issues so can't be too bad.
We are in the far south east though so the deer are small and everything is close together; 30-30 wouldn't be the best choice in wide open spaces or places with larger game. That doesn't mean it's shit just means you have to choose the appropriate tool for the job but that goes for any round.

what are you gonna hunt user

and what state

here you go user

>30-30 as shit as everyone makes it out to be
Who have you been talking to? Everytime we have a levergat thread on here fags are whacking off to 30-30 and it literally never comes up else wise

It seems like a family tradition for me to own a 30-30 lever action. All my relatives on my Dad's side own one. I better get on it. Ballistics are kinda meh when you want to reach out though but does well under 300 yards.

>Is 30-30 as shit as everyone makes it out to be?
maybe you should choose a different sub-reddit, kid

perhaps you are confusing it with .30 carbine

>The only problem with it is that's it's more expensive now to plink with
Learn to reload. Shit gets cheap to shoot

The ultimate Fudd gun? No insult intended. Where I live damn near every home has a 30-30 deer rifle in the collection. Grampa's gun.

30-30 has killed more durr than any other caliber son yessir. Did you know that 30-30 was the first cartridge in the US to utilize smokeless powder? Yessir. It worked back in 18-something-something and it still works fine today yes sir.

>Did you know that 30-30 was the first cartridge in the US to utilize smokeless powder
The 6mm Navy beat it by a year.

Has anyone tried the buffalo bore stuff?

For 30-30 no. I have bought other calibers from Buffalo Bore. Excellent stuff.