Has anyone here ever been hit by a ricochet or witnessed soneone getting hit?

Has anyone here ever been hit by a ricochet or witnessed soneone getting hit?

youtu.be/0ABGIJwiGBc

Attached: images.jpeg-13.jpg (405x270, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G7nEchdCTAA
youtu.be/964u2fQ2zYo
youtu.be/0ABGIJwiGBc
youtu.be/PcJBJYH7Xi8
youtu.be/UxCpgOkMY-I
youtu.be/rJyKyyX7YG8
youtu.be/g0DEZTKGZ78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I caught a .45 round in my left pec taking my CHL test.
>using 1911 cause why not
>tuck gun into gut and hip fire rapidly as part of the test
>last round goes low and hits the base of the back stop
>a second or two later theres a mushroomed out fmj stuck to my shirt
Didn't even scuff the shirt, left a welt for a few weeks about like getting hit by a paintball. Didn't tell the RO though. I wish I would have kept the round but I just flicked it off down range.

>shooting bb gun at target in basement as young child
>bb bounces back and hits me right in the glasses
How I learned you always protect eyes.

In MCT, a piece of hot brass from the guy next to me went between my glasses and my eye and got stuck there. The burn was minor and the corpsman was a chick, so it was worth it.

all the time shooting cowboy action matches. that's what eye protection is for homeboy

>Has anyone here ever been hit by a ricochet or witnessed soneone getting hit?
I almost took my own eye out with a bow and arrow when the arrow actually bounced right back from target, scratched my face just few centimeters from my eye

Attached: 67_.jpg (890x890, 327K)

addendum: thank god there was no one to see it, was quite embarrassing as it was

Caught a .50cal ricochet to my chest, I had an IOTV on so no big D, still a surprise though

8mm in the thigh, birdshot in the neck, 38 super to the chest. I'm sure there are others

We had pellet gun wars and some used to wear swimming goggles sometimes
Tfw all those times wearing lame goggles saves your eye
Also saw a bb ricochet off a fence and slow mo curveball come right at me and hit me on the upper cheek.

not really a ricochet, but I've had guy and his GF at the range had their brass casing ejected at me every single time. Didn't help that they were no guns and only rented for the day. was literally covered in fucking brass casings because these fucktards.

Attached: 1546320230056.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Went shootin with group of buddies few years ago

One guy had a shotgun
One guy had a .50 beowulf
I had a 22
Other dude had his ar

Found a dead tree, trunk was only as thick as maybe a softball
>lets cut the fucker down with bullets
We stood there going ham on this dead tree from about 15 feet Away then suddenly shotgunman flinches

The tree didnt even threaten to topple over, we blasted the fuck out of the trunk yet it was still FIRM

SHOTGUNbuddy said sometheing definately flew back and hit him in the eye, he didnt get injured but we think it was a piece of bird shot

I once used one of those gay knockoff compensators on my WASR 10, and while a friend was shooting I could feel bullet fragments slapping me in the face from a few feet away.

The shit wasn't centered properly by the threads and was actually shearing parts of bullets off as they left the barrel.

Also we once shot a 1911 into a craggy, rocky ravine and got a few buzzers flying past us, never had the urge to try that shit again.

10mm bit to the cheek

.357 to the right foot.
It was like getting slapped with a belt but there was no permanent damage.
I always thought that people getting grazed was Hollywood bullshit but I was very very lucky because it really grazed the side of muh shoe and didn't blow a hole in my foot.
Gotta say, I took it pretty well. I'm fairly confident based upon that that in a real gunfight I wouldn't be too skeered, since I knew I had been hit for a sec but didn't know I was lucky.

shit this makes me nervous about taking my family out shootng. We just slap rounds into the bare hillside

I had a 9mm ricochet and hit me on the top of my head, either that or a rock but I was pretty far for it to have been a rock. IIRC my target was about 15-20 yards away.

Had a piece of a 7.62x39 bounce back and hit me in the upper chest while passing a bay.
Didn't hurt that much, no damage.

holding my range bag, and it takes a round to the strap. too close for comfort

Some retard was using a handcannon and a small thing hit my shoulder. I still don't know what was that but didn't get injured at least

Yep. Always wear eyepro

Lead and copper fragments from my wheel gun that had a shitty forcing cone.

That's very similar to the story I was going to tell.
>be 8 y.o. me
>shooting bb gun at target in basement
>metal bb bounces back and hits me in the left cheek
About two inches higher, and I would've been fucked (wasn't wearing glasses).

Yeah, it happens a lot at IPSC matches. Feels like airsoft usually. One time a piece of jacket got embedded in a guy's chest just above his shirt and he went OW and completed the stage with blood running down his shirt lmao.

Was at the 100yd range that's next to the pistol range at my local range. There's a 10ft high berm separating the two. I was walking down from checking my target with my buddy and we hear a pop and zing and I felt something hit my right arm between us and he goes wtf. The nogs shooting in the pistol bays had richocheted a 9mm over the berm and into my arm. Just left a bruise.
In airsoft in high school I saw a guy lift his glasses to rub his eye. BB threaded the needle and lodged between his eye and lower eyelid. His sight wasn't damaged but it swelled up like he was an abused housewife.
Friend caught a piece of brass like that while spotting shots. Ejected right into his left eye.

Shoulda listened to santa, bitch.

Ricochets that come back and hit you have how much velocity? Seems like it shouldnt be enough to really hurt you

Bullet splash, yes at a indoor range. Full bullet, no.

Guy next to me decided to shoot poorly angled steel with his AR at about 10 yards.

I was wearing shorts and after a mag I decided I didn't want to be next to him anymore.

It varies. And taking out an eye or so doesn't require much.

Ricocheted birdshot twice into my face. Been hit with a few copper jackets as well

Buckshot yes but it was going maybe 200fps at most
Birdshot yes, pierced my thin shit and slightly cut me (long story)
Somehow dodged a .303 British round, was shooting at my plate and one hit god knows what, bounced back and landed about 10 feet directly in front of me. Thank god for the mud, I feel like if it wasn't so thick and freshly rained on I could've been in trouble still

I learnt from smashing some slag from arc welding right after I did it, took the visor up to stop it getting ruined but the slag was hot as F U C K i'm really lucky it didn't do anything long-term

I've had quite a few times where I was reminded to keep wearing my eye pro.
Once I was at the range and a jagged piece of jacket came flying back through my target. Wasn't going fast but definitely would have been bad news for my eyes.

Once in middle school my friends and I were having a backyard airshit war. I started to sprint around the back yard and got flanked by a friend who shot me point blank in the face exactly where my eye would have been exposed if I weren't wearing glasses. Hit me so hard it actually half way knocked the glasses off my face.

Now I'm a welding student and on stick I've already had a couple hot pieces of slag fly back and hit me in the face. I don't want that shit in my eyes.

How did you explain icicles in your basement?

my father, a bb in the balls, he had to go to the hospital

I once got hit in the thigh by a .50 BMG richochet. Left a fist-sized bruise that took about 2 months to go away. Still have the bullet here somewhere.

Attached: 465991_325315160861927_1605168530_o.jpg (2032x1520, 309K)

Attached: Immune to Ammo.png (1624x4492, 3.34M)

I hope you believe in God now

I brought my friend to the range so he could experience firearms for the first time. He took about 25 minutes to take his first shot because nerves. After shooting my G43 once, I guess he got hit by ricochet from the steel target hanger. He threw himself on the ground while crying, and asked me if he got shot like 6 times. I will never go to the range with him again. He owns 3 handguns now and has never fired a single one of them last time I asked.

What sort of angle were you shooting at?

Divine intervention is unlikely

Friend was shooting his 12ga, had some buck shot come back and hit me. Had 3 in my abdomen and 2 in my leg. The leg ones I got out on my own. The ones in my abdomen I didn't get out till years later when I had a hernia repaired.

I've already decided on faking a mountain lion attack with bodymod scarring if I lose an eye, but if I managed to do what you almost did I may not bother and just use the real story. How the hell can you bounce an arrow 180° and still keep it stabilized enough to be pointy-bit first?

The guy I sold coke for for a few years shot himself in the leg while taking a shit while I was in the next room talking to his wife.
That was pretty funny.
He was more mad than he was hurt, had one of my clients drive him to the hospital for an 8-ball.

You'll be fine. Wear glasses and ear muffs.

Cyilder gap

My wife got hit by a ricochet in Kuwait
Apparently marines are actually stupid enough to accidentally shoot their own corpsman

Shooting steel at 15 yards with hand gun in the desert, went to pack up and my whole bed cover was full of jackets and mushroomed lead, my buddy got hit with some #8 bird shot ricochets dug them out with a knife not deep at all.

had this happen with .22lr

Is a ricochet no big deal?

My brother (hey Kenny) shot a rock up hill in my direction with an sks. The bullet glanced it and went by my ear and I could hear it wobble and felt the heat. It sure sounded like it wes going fast enough to kill my ass.

Me and a buddy were shooting some abandoned cars when his .223 ricocheted and hit me in the finger. It was probably just the jacket, but it drew blood

Pic related

Attached: 20190103_195252.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

yeah stop doing dumb shit like shooting guns in the same direction as your brother

so you were on top of a hill and your brother was shooting in your direction but at the base of the hill? are you both total retards or what? with a 7.62 rifle round no less. wow some people dont deserve gun rights for sure

youtu.be/G7nEchdCTAA

youtu.be/964u2fQ2zYo

youtu.be/0ABGIJwiGBc

youtu.be/PcJBJYH7Xi8

youtu.be/UxCpgOkMY-I

youtu.be/rJyKyyX7YG8

youtu.be/g0DEZTKGZ78

I did not realize that i got up and posted last night whilst sleeping. Ever had a 30-40 Krag let go into a few pieces? Crazy 8 and 38 soup are mainstays.

>10 years old
>shooting at county fair bb gun booth thing
>they didn't give out glasses
>ricochet his me in cheek just below eye
the 90's were fucking metal

>How the hell can you bounce an arrow 180° and still keep it stabilized enough to be pointy-bit first?
I was shooting at some kind of a foam target and decided to step closer to see how deep into the target I could penetrate

Well it failed to penetrate at all and instead simply bounced

Attached: 129118033223453.jpg (480x360, 11K)

ricochets only happen when retards shoot things that are dense enough to put the force back, but soft enough not to shear the bullet into pieces.

hit with a ricochet the first range trip? damn that fucking sucks.

We were done and going back to the car. How the fuck is it my fault that the fucker shot at me? I had nothing to do with it and I was pretty pissed. What did I do wrong and can that be deadly or was I over reacting??? Seems like its not a big deal for some guys in here. I never saw it coming and had no expectations that it might happen. And yesThats how it was. Now I'm gonna check video but I didn't shoot at anyone or get in a shooter way.

Saw a very very stupid lady at the range have a jam in her brand new glock. She then tried to fish out the round with a cleaning rod. She then pulled the trigger again, and the cleaning rod went through two of her fingers. LOTS OF BLOOD. Paramedics come.....everyone is like dafuck???? How do you do that?

Stay away from new shooters at closed ranges.

Eyebrow almost got clipped by a piece of brass that bounced off the wall.
Wear eyepro

If he didn't squeeze his eyes shut before shooting he might have hit paper instead.

I know that feeling.
I went to the range with my dad a few days ago and some fuckboi and is GF were mag dumping like nuts. And of course all the casings were flying at me and my pops. had to go down the back of my shirt.

Similar story here except it hit the back of my hand about an inch below my eye

Was shooting steel shot 12g in an abandoned sheet metal airplane hanger.
Had a bb come back and hit me in the stomach, broke the skin but didn’t go in.

>be around 12, the stupid age
>sister and I both get battery powered airsoft guns
>since our parents wanted us to be safe, they got us these huge safety masks
>figured out it looks really nifty when you get shot in the visor and can see the bb ricochet away
>proceed to take turns magdumping into each others faces at like 10 feet
>mom pulls into the driveway to see this
>no more airsoft for us

What the fuck, greentext now.

Yeah, caught a .22 ricochet to the dome in my buddy’s indoor basement “range”

It felt like someone threw a decent sized river rock at my face at a pretty decent speed. A lot of energy in that little .22.

AMA?

Attached: 7C4E567F-5597-4D86-B813-262462691906.jpg (1233x1212, 359K)

Did that experience make you reconsider any of your life choices?

When i was a kid my grandpa let me run around with a .22short rifle on his propery and pay me for all the squirells i shot and one day couldnt find any so i start shooting at all the old farm equipment then all of a sudden i feel a smack on my upper lip and something in my mouth i had caught a riccochet to my lip and knocked out one of my front teeth