Bought a gun online through sportsman's guide

>bought a gun online through sportsman's guide
>selected one of their "star" retailers for the FFL transfer
>forgot to contact the FFL

Am I gonna cause an issue because of that? I figured because it was a big box store and also a star retailer in their system, I could just select the FFL and order. Didn't really dawn upon me until tonight. They're closed until tomorrow, can I just call and let them know they have a gun coming to them? Please help my autism is starting to leak

Attached: 49343374_279312299385534_772725879963910144_n.jpg (240x221, 6K)

Yes, just give them a call.

The box will most likely have your name on it. Just track it and show up the day its delivered.

this please. i work in a gun store and sometimes people call to tell us they are shipping guns here and were like... okay.. we dont make a list or anything, in fact, those people are almost all idiots.

No, you do not need to call up. The box the rifle is in contains everything they need, from paperwork to all your details. Once they gets all the work done (your dealer), they will ring you and tell you it's ready for pick up. I never call my dealer, i just send guns to them and they call me when it's ready for pickup.

Also autism here, but Australian.

Attached: tfw nazi.jpg (403x211, 16K)

Also, please do not go to the dealer when they get the gun delivered (when you see on the tracking details). Wait UNTIL they contact you.

I made this mistake and they all seemed pissed off.

depends on the place. i've seen some that will even charge you extra if you don't call in, but that is shitty and most good places don't require you to tell them.

Fellow brainlet here. So does this mean ordering online is is just

>find nearest FFL
>have rifle shipped there
>go pick it up when they call you

Or do you need to contact them before you order?

It's usually polite to give them a heads up that you've sent a gun their way.

no no no. this is bullshit. t he day it arrives they only need a couple minutes before we can give you a 4473 to fill out. its not like some long drawn out process or something, i guess this could vary state to state, but if they were bitching about it (but still did it) there is a 99% chance they are lazy retards.

Not all gun shops are as shit as yours, my dealers do roughly 100's of firearm applications a day. You go in when they are done with your gun.

Bucko.

Attached: a_ov_pepe_160928.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg (1067x600, 47K)

even if your give your phone number when buying it doesnt guarantee the dealer will get this number, sometimes we just get a name. literally just show up when tracking says it was delivered, maybe give them an hour or two, dont be like waiting inside when its out for delivery or anything but same day its delivered you should have no problem picking it up, they may be busy or have some weird store policy or something like that, but they should politely tell you when you can fill out the paper work

OP here from what I've gathered, gun stores don't really care too much if you don't call, but if it's a home-based FFL or a pawn shop or something it's probably good to let them know beforehand.

Either way I'm pretty excited for my Kel Tec CMR-30.

>AKA "I want an MP7 but my government won't let me"

Thanks for the advice anons. I guess this can be a general "whatcha buyin/recent purchases" thread

Attached: hmmm yes.jpg (4032x2268, 1.75M)

I just email my guy with the receipt and tracking number and he just replied thanks for the heads up... He apparently is retried and does like 10+ a day so just having the right contact info is half the battle... If they have his FFL on file and you know what he charges, that's good enough usually.

transfers.. retard.

and I highly doubt that the Bass Pro Shop you work for sells that many guns

>buy gun online
>get it shipped to one of their preferred retailers
>that store closed down a week ago

Attached: 1540360818234.png (658x662, 112K)

those guns are trash

>Thinks everyone is the same
>Thinks every goes to the same shop as yours

Sorry kiddo, my dealer is someone everyone in like a 100 mile radius uses. Biggest gun shop I've seen, and has roughly (been told) around 3.5k guns in stock.

Attached: 1442783928725.jpg (222x216, 6K)

Typically I call ahead. But in your case i would just call to give a heads up. What gun did you buy user. Their 4 month pay system is why I'm a member. You cant beat it for ammo and guns. I'm waiting on my 1k rounds of .380 to come in.

sent 15 guns to my gun shop without calling once
always went through
always messages when it arrived
never got upset
never cared

Literally what everyone does.. don't call and waste peoples time unless it's a very very small 1 man run shop.

so OP, this just means dont ship it to some walmart gun dealer if you dont want to have to deal with miserable employees trying to fuck your day up out of sheer laziness or mismanagement

More baseless assumptions, no wonder your gun shop you slave for does shit, first uneducated morons working, and people with no customer service skills.

or one-man operation (70 years old) running an FFL out of his condo

I sign for every gun that comes in. its logged, a 4473 is given to the customer. end of story

Yes, the secretary of the shop. Do they make you wear tight skirts as well?

I'm guessing they just dont trust you.

I heard they were pretty decent as long as you kept me clean, used 40gr ammo and above, and tapped the mags while you loaded them occasionally. Not something to take to war but a cool little gun to LARP as Gordon Freeman with

This is stupid. It's fine to go the day it shows. I've never had issues going before them contacting me. Just give them a minute if they need time to find it and similar.