Steyr M9 or Glock

I am thinking about getting my first gun and because I am Austrian its between steyr and glock and if glock than which one?

Attached: Steyr-M9-A1-1.jpg (661x496, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

waffengebraucht.at/waffen/pistolen/steyr-m9-a1-kaliber-9mm-para--109756
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you're happy with exactly how the m9 is stock, get that and harder to find mags, go for it.

if you want cheap mags and the 90's honda civic of the gun world. get the g19.

Other Austrian here, what are you aiming for? Self Defense or Sport Shoting?

I own a Steyr M9A1 and will soon be purchasing a Glock 19 Gen 5. They’re both great but different. The M9A1 is is larger (G17ish) and arguably more ergonomic. The sights take some getting used to but are very precise once mastered. The Glock is far more modular, but the Gen 5 is quite good out of the box. I would get the Steyr for fun and the G19 for carry/defense. Although either will fill both roles if needed.

Sport shooting and maybe I'll start collecting if I like it.
Also do you know how the law works because I did zivildienst instead of military conscription. Officially I am not allowed to own guns for another 10 years or so but some people I know said that it doesn't matter as long as I say it's for self defense.

The law is bypassable with a bit of effort, I went for conscription to avoid that situation.

Check the Pulverdampf Forum / NFVÖ / IWÖ for information regarding obtaining a WBK as a Civi.

For Selfdefense its what ever you are compfy with, Glock is a classic nothing wrong with it, the M9 just came out in a new A2 version and is generally rather inexpensive on Waffengebraucht

Sold for 485 waffengebraucht.at/waffen/pistolen/steyr-m9-a1-kaliber-9mm-para--109756

For anything regarding presion 12.5m I would recommand you something along the line of a CZ75

Thanks I'm gonna check out the forum.
Also I didn't even know they have a new version. It's great because the a1 is already pretty old. I hope steyr gets more attention with it because almost nobody knows of steyr mannlicher (apart from the AUG) but everyone who uses their guns says they are amazing.

People like you should not be allowed to own guns!

I like my Steyr very much. Good trigger, ergonomic, low bore axis. And I like not being part of the crowd. BUT it will never have the aftermarket of the Glock.

Steyr.

Attached: 1510892386012.jpg (259x195, 8K)

A new version of that Steyr is coming out. That potentially means you get a better pistol or you get a discount on the A1.

Either gun will need new sights, your sight/holster options are much bigger with Glock, as is the aftermarket if you decide to change it up a bit. So Glock.

Glock if you want something that is has tons of aftermarket support, proven track record, cheap accessories, and just works. The iconic tactical Tupperware block, love it or hate it.

Steyr if you just want to be an eccentric dink who likes steampunk shit and can't be seen drinking anything that isn't craft beer.

Attached: fluxdefense_49564981_403711660401413_2386388012800950104_n.jpg (1080x585, 99K)

I unironically want one of those. I've heard they shoot very flat and they look great. I'm going to try one out soon. That said, if you go with a glock I would try out a 17 and a 19 and figure out which one feels best to you.

>steyr
>the entire point of the gun is the novelty that is the trapezoid sights
>you need to replace the sights just so you can turn it into a glock with a different grip angle

glock 26. kann alles was die 19er oder 17er können und passt auch in die hosentasche in der not.

Attached: 1487850746118.jpg (661x496, 103K)

>>the entire point of the gun is the novelty that is the trapezoid sights

rly? I though it was the low bore axis which is even lower than that of the Glk which already is very, very low (VP9 for comparison still has a higher BA than a Glk).

bore axis is negligible between those guns, the steyr sights are fucking garbage (as are the glock plastic sights)

>I want a gun
>what gun
>not a glock
>but something with little to no proven track record, lack of aftermarket and meh ergos compared to alternatives like a VP9, M&P 2.0 or PPQ

If this sounds like you, get the Steyr!

>bore axis

Doesn’t mean shit. The faggots who say this are unable to properly grip let alone shoot a pistol.

I've got an M9A1 and it's great. The trapezoid sights are fantastic.
As soon as the M9A2 hits distributors I'll have that one too.

Get the P10C

it gud

I don't think you bought the right bullets for your glock, nigger

Attached: 1548786242396.jpg (200x200, 10K)

>The Steyr needs new sights

Attached: 1526305648912.jpg (808x960, 102K)

Master race reporting in, get the Steyr.

Attached: 1515417033115.jpg (1024x1024, 464K)