What sort of knives do you carry on you Jow Forums?

What sort of knives do you carry on you Jow Forums?

Attached: 39F05A31-D85A-4E34-A6FF-8E1545E20EF8.jpg (320x267, 13K)

The grind on those homemade knives are trash.

They’re prison shanks genius

And I usually carry a 3 inch butterfly knife.

Keep em in muh lunch box

Attached: 9EE2D669-392E-42B1-8E3C-5159514768F8.jpg (1350x1740, 221K)

I do not carry a knife - as I lack 'good reason' it would be illegal to do so - and frankly immoral given the tremendous trouble with knife crime among our disadvantaged urban youth.
In fact I urge all of you to bin your knives and replace them with blunt, non-pointed alternatives :)

ive done better in a couple hours on a concrete floor

>This edgy

I only have two requirements for a knife

>one-hand opening
>pocket clip

this has pliers and screwdrivers and is super handy overall. 154cm is a nice steel too

Attached: lt830849.jpg (1000x1000, 134K)

Prison shanks are utter brilliance. You use what material you have around you in such a lock down setting. And guys can create little shivs made from melted plastic. To scraping pieces of a jail cell door or rust and creating a lethal dagger.

And to full out black smiting a combat knife like in the middle blade in the thumbnail. So fucking fascinating and amazing.

I carry a 4inch pocket Gerber knife for EDC and work. Although i work in the healthcare industry and as a medical provider I actually use it quite often and it has become in handy for everyday use, now..innnawoods or doing army shit on a drill weekend I'll carry my small 7inch ka bar.

ok dude we get it, you watch forged in fire

>OI M8

>one-hand opening
>pocket clip

Check
Check

Attached: 176414.jpg (880x660, 37K)

It's a rotation. Sometimes modern materials and handles. Sometimes traditional. Sometimes multitool. But always something. A person should always have a blade.

Illegal in finland but is still pretty common, I have been planning of making an small survival kit with multitool and basic knife to keep in backpack.
Why are city folks so afraid of all weapons?

a shitty chink swiss knife I got for by birthday years back

has a nice service record

People are afraid of weapons because a weapon is anything that is BEING used in a violent manner to inflict harm or cause death.
Objects are not weapons until they are used that way. Design intent is irrelevant. You can plow a field with a tank, you can prune a tree with a calvary sword. You can kill with a stone. Action is what makes something a weapon.

>MFW my high school had metal detectors year round and constant security

>MFW kids started crafting shanks from items smuggled out of shop classes and other day to day shit even making shanks in shop class on the side
>Kids on their way home were getting jumped simply for racial reasons

>Blacks vs Mexican fights were so severe people were getting desperate on buying shanks for defense and then stashing them in their lockers
>my shank was crafted from a piece of a branch and attached to it was a piece of a aluminum can sharpened to the max
>Cost me 12$
>Shanks were sold anywhere between 5$-50$ depending on how flashy and big
>Ironically the shanks were what kept peace once it became common knowledge that everyone was packing daggers or 9 inch blades in their backpacks
>Staff didn’t care as long as the school was quiet with no fights or unnecessary bullshit to ruin funding and attendance
>There was a rumor going around the shop teacher was in on it with the master kid crafters
>He’d let them craft the weapons in exchange he’d get 60% of the profits
>But it was never proven and nobody ever really accused him

>chink Swiss

How rusted is it?

Douk Douk for tactical French cheese slicing and box opening.

Attached: Header_1500495052.jpg (1200x750, 226K)

surprisingly isn't, just sticking from an old sticker that got stuck to it

dulls quick, though

>I shiggy

Attached: 20190125_191808.jpg (4032x2268, 1.67M)

I have a tiki and my GOD is the action hard to work. Rigid as fuck.

Attached: 310N9072MGL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 12K)

>Dubz checked

What the hell?? Where did you go to school at?!

This is AMERIKKKA

Post hurricane Katrina 2008-2011 in Houston.

I work construction so it comes in handy when I don’t have my tool pouch on me. Also i live in the ghetto so it’s nice to have.

Attached: 0A8BBEE5-9124-4F0A-A484-DB2D207652D8.jpg (1000x1000, 43K)

butterfly knives are garbage. keep your toys at home and carry a fixed blade knife. full tang.

Spyderco Centofante daily, the Gerber when in the woods. Planning on getting a new edc, either a Spyerco Para II or a Benchmade Griptillian probably. Just bought a Jeep last week though so not spending any unnecessary money for a bit.

Attached: Knives.jpg (2160x2160, 1.38M)

checked, very good story

Attached: 1531843887453.png (455x455, 293K)

Like a maul or hammer?

Innawoods yeah but does your knife double as a 3edgy5me fidget spinner.

Ontario Rat 2. Everyday for about 3 years now. Before that, Spyderco before I realized how cringey expensive transformer knives are.

Attached: 1539488014360.jpg (404x405, 32K)

Attached: knives.jpg.jpg (1920x1080, 958K)

Can someone explain to me the significance of curved blades?

Pic related

Attached: B37400A7-504D-4987-9C08-9BAA8DE38B56.jpg (500x500, 20K)

I think the one on the right is actually some sort of crack pipe and scraper

for gutting and skinning. Also if your opponent is unarmed that could be devastating. If armed you're at an extreme disadvantage vs any other fighter knife; as that is not a fighting knife.

>Pic related
> Karambit
> Not fighting knife

>reverse grip by default
>fighting knife
Yeah.... No.

excuse you? where is the reach, the hand protection or any other things that make this a 'fighting knife'

leatherman sidekick every day no matter what and a kershaw ken onion blur whenever im not at school

Attached: kershaw.jpg (1000x201, 23K)

Spyderco delica these says. Previously carried an endura. Now, for my small hands the delica is fine, but I wish spyderco would make an in-between sized. The endura is just slightly overly long, and the endura is slightly on the small side.

Waved or no?

I like the waved endura - carried it for a good while till I got an emerson as a gift.

Meh, I don't work in a manual job so I don't really have any use for a EDC knife. CC a gun takes care of self defense, if I carried one it'd just be for cool points I guess

No wave. I did carry one of those knock off emersons made by kershaw tho. It was cool for a while, but then it just kinda got annoying when it would catch my pocket when drawing when I didn't want it to.

Honestly, if you want the fastest draw possible in your knife for defensive purposes, just carry a small fixed blade.

I don't carry a pocket knife for defensive purposes anyways, so there's that.

a $5 walmart folding pocket knife. works great like a knife should

this knife is the best knife for the money, the k55k knife is amazing

>The grind on those homemade knives are trash.
Grinding an edge with a bastard file is a huge pain in the ass as it is. I can only imagine what the guy who made that used.

seconded. Amazing quality and awesome for almost any task.

It renders the knife inferior for all tasks other than being used as a claw. Only dipshits buy these. Also see the poorly designed pistol angle handle knives carried by law enforcement and internet operators as another example of how not to design a knife.

Buck knife. Well, more like a buck and a half.

>peasants defend themselves with farming tools because they can't afford actual weapons
>retards hear about bandits being fought off with "exotic weapons"
>thinks it's the ultimate weapon

Why did the tip on mine come so thick

Home made grinds you say?

It’s double edged but single bevel like an Ak bayonet

Attached: BEBF865E-C310-447B-8CE1-9DBCDB65EE27.jpg (4032x3024, 1.65M)

Carbon steel blade, it is really nice to grip, it needs a bit more sharpening, but otherwhise it works just fine as a utility or weapon

Attached: 20190203_013651.jpg (4160x3120, 2.41M)

Throw in a tomboy crush and this would be my new favorite comic

Fucking fag

Attached: 05B6610E-A9ED-4645-AFB1-9EF18FF47403.png (576x590, 337K)

Primarily carried an Ontario Knife Company XM1-DS for the last 10 years and thrashed the shit out of it. Bought a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with anodized titanium scales a few weeks ago - kind of disappointed in the scales but I guess I'll roll with it - nice knife otherwise. If not those then I bring my Bear OPS B-500-LD.
>abloobloobloo I got a boo-boo trying to play with balisongs! they're junk!

Attached: IMG_20190202_151116770-Re4ch.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)