Handguns general

I suddenly got this primal urge to buy/own a handgun, but since i live in sweden this dream won't come true without buerocratic problems and delay's.
either way i'll be joining a Target shooting club and hopefully within one year i'll be able to buy my first handgun. question is what's a good gun to start with?
Another problem is the fact that i'm left handed, so how much of a problem will that be?
i hunt and own rifles but i have never shot a handgun so i know literally nothing about handguns

Attached: CZ_75_SP-01.jpg (3234x2587, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Z2VTw
ar15.com/forums/handguns/M9A3-owners--Get-in-here--final-update-in-OP/15-184622/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>glock
its goat as a duty gun but the trigger might leave something to be desired for a target shooter
>1911 a bit dated as a SD but with training and knowing your gun it could be better than a glock
>cz
i own a cz and im tempted to tell you this is the way to go a also own like 20 handguns
ultimately what you want to figure out is what kind of trigger you want SA, SA/DA, DAO, or Striker fired (google these).then figure out what feels good in your hands.you really will have an easier time leaning with a rifle first, but handgun shooting is doable for a noob.

Attached: rakeday.jpg (192x262, 7K)

What, do you like your pic? Does it fill you with yearning to own?

Bought on a whim because I was bored. Took me 5 minutes. Man, being American is great some days.

Attached: burgerland.jpg (3483x2345, 2.11M)

i've been mentally jacking off to this gun for the last week, partly because it looks so good, and partly because there's not that many guns to choose from in sweden, and this one's quite easy to get hold of. And i dont want to pay 300 bucks extra to import something from the US

I'm rubbing my dick on it right now

>then figure out what feels good in your hands

This is crap advice. Novice shooters will not understand how to properly grip a pistol. Even then, the way a gun ‘feels’ in your hand is not an accurate representation of how it will shoot.

As for OP, completely do with Glocks as they’re mediocre for anything other than duty/self defense. I say this as someone who carries and competes with Glocks.

Consider hammer fired or metal framed handguns.
>1911
>Beretta 92
>various CZ models

It all depends on what you want to do. If you’re just going to shoot at the range, it’s almost irrelevant. If you wish to shoot IPSC, gun selection will definately matter more.

Welp, can't say im not envious.
Just out of curiosity, how much did that one cost in the us? in sweden it costs about 1000 bucks for the standard SP-01 with 3 mags, and that's considered cheap

Cost me $575 freedom dollars new, plus additional 17 round mag because I like the flush fitting ones (comes with 2 19 round)

Minus light

Attached: pewpewmuhfreedom.jpg (3606x2571, 2.11M)

M@P vs Glock, which do you prefer and why cause I cant decide

Attached: smith-wesson-m-p-40-pro.jpg (800x719, 121K)

cz p10c

VP9

Walterborg in Stockholm has two auctions per year. You can usually find CZ75, Glocks and Tanfoglios in good condition for good prices. You can see previous auctions on their website. I got a used Tanfoglio Stock 3 for under 700 USD at another shop. If you want a plastic gun I'd get Glock or CZ P10, steel go for CZ or Tanfoglio. DAE in Stockholm are Tanfo dealers so the support is good there, Sportec are CZ dealers so if you live in the south I'd get CZ.

This

Attached: eventual spacegat.jpg (3351x3024, 1.62M)

p30 v3

you guys arent following the rules

Attached: 1430627796647.png (700x700, 90K)

I like my p10 better than both.

Do you want a gun you can Barbie doll? Glock. Want to save money to spend on ammo? M&p 2.0. Both are practically identical in function and reliability, and enough PDs carry both to attest to this.

But the vp9, p30, and P10c all do those same things, and, have a few benefits the m&p/glock don't. And at similar price points.

Fine, I'll give a serious answer. Glock is a better gun, M&P is a better value. It's hard to go wrong with either, but with M&P's going for as low as $350 on sale, it's hard to argue in a Glock's favor. M&P also has some advantages over the glock, notably having factory metal sights and a grip angle many people prefer.

there's an actual general up dude. join it and make sure to not ask burt anything as he's a fat retard who never shoots.

Fucking Czechs. I got royally jewed when ordering wood grips for my Shadow. "Pay extra for 3-4 day shipping" they say.

Purchased the Friday before last, only dispatched on Monday, and no fucking sight of them.

>lives in no guns shithole
>left handed too
Jesus christ you're a fucking mess

EBay, senpai

HK 45 compact or Sig p226? Ive got an inordinate amount of money (pharma rep) and i need something concealable under a suit but with the mag capacity for any cleetuses who think they can get at the samples for doctors offices

How do an M&P 2.0, VP9, and P10 compare to each other?
Does the P10 still have an issue with stiff magazine releases or was that an edge case?

Hk45c

VP9 has best stock trigger, sights, and ergonomics in my opinion. P10 I have no firsthand experience with. M&P is alright. Trigger isn't as bad as people would have you believe, but it's still not good. It has pricing massively in its favor though. I carry a vp9sk, it is easily my favorite striker fired handgun. Like it more than the fullsize.

p30sk

Why would you give me a 3rd choice and make this harder lol

buy an 80% and just build it yourself? that's what I did, muricin btw.

Because it's smaller for better concealability under a suit, has better capacity, is still very shootable and reliable.

Are you going to be IWB carrying or OWB carrying? if IWB I would suggest none of the guns discussed. Suits, at least if it fitted right, are a bit slimmer than more casual clothes. You need a singlestack.

should I buy a desert eagle in .44 or .357?

Iwb and im not on board with fashionable tight cut suits and pants. My clothes are cut so they dont hug my body.

I think .44 can easily convert to take .50, so that.

P10c trigger beats the vp9 trigger hands down.

Only competition is the PPQ as far as strikers go.

Some flavor of cz75, shadows are nice.

Attached: 50790815_380408576026759_2950952405652471808_n.jpg (2048x995, 217K)

Disagree. I say no experience with it, but I have handled in a gunstore. Trigger felt better than a Glock, but nothing superb.

Ya, I'll call bullshit as an owner. Had an early vp9, sold it, used the money to buy the sp01 you see above. Started carrying the p10c December of 17, and have 2,500-3,000 rounds through it. P10c has the better trigger stock, and even better after break in. Vp9 is above an m&p, slightly worse than a broken in 509, not as clean or crisp as a p10c though, thanks to the striker/seer geometry.

I know you have some loyalty, but the trigger is one of the few universal pluses people give the p10

>slightly worse than a broken in 509
Not a chance.
>few universal plusses
I was curious so I searched, and I see plenty of people on both sides. I've seen a fair few point out they prefer the simplicity of the p10c's trigger, which I do appreciate. So, I wouldn't say it's universal at all. The only universal points I've ever seen on striker triggers are that M&P is shit, Glock is bad, and PPQ is God's gift to shooters, and no one knows what steyr's are like because only hipsters buy them.
>I know you have some loyalty
Maybe. HKs alter your brain chemistry, it's a fact.

SP01 vs M9A3?

-t. Has never worn a suit before

Just get an fnx in a caliber youre comfortable with

-t. retard who has never worn tailored clothing before

squishy squishy

>what's a good gun to start with?
literally the one you posted, buddy

Join us user, you will be very happy with literally any CZ you buy.

HK45(C/CT)s are a good choice as well.

Attached: 20190120_183142.jpg (2016x1134, 524K)

get a handgun that has marine coating on it so the next cuck faggot born in sweden might be able to defend himself against the hordes of homosexual mu slum clans now the majority in sweden

Attached: IMG_0744.jpg (640x486, 66K)

chiming in, i've had an sp-01 for years. taken courses with it, shot it a lot at the range. it feels great to shoot and has never let me down

SP-01 because it costs less. But both are great guns, honestly you should buy the one that fits your hands better, or which one is less risky to your finances.

Please follow the /hg/ format as it makes searching the catalog eadier and reduces duplicate threads. Potentially good threads get slid off into 404 by shit generals enough we don't need to make it worse.

Short version
>The good
It's a cowitness mount, using the factory sights, which is definitely nice. It's a very clean looking assembly with the adapter plate being contoured instead of a sinple block.
The RMR is held in place very firmly with full contact front and rear to the sight body which helps relieve recoil stress from the mounting screws. The mounting screws themselves are also run clear through into the slide body, not the adapter plate (system used on the Glock MOS). In general it's very solid and I think it's appropriate for the Mk23, I have about 1800 rounds through mine (including some high pressure 230 and 255gr 45 super) with the RMR and it has maintained a perfect zero. I also have not had to use loctite or adjust the screws (torqued to whatever the recommend in/lbs was, I believe it was 12 or 13 but don't quote me) all screws and hardware were supplied when I had the work done (L&M will mount and boresight your RMR if you mail it in with the slide).

>(I just wrote a 700 character followup on the bad aspects and my phone fucking deleted it, I'll rewrite it but I'm going to be a while)

Attached: 20181018_151550-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 547K)

Every person I've let shoot my vp9 tactical have accidentally double tapped with it 2 were noobs 2 were once a month shooters. Seems unsafe never had this issue with glocks or m&ps.

I'm from Norway myself op. I know the feel.
What you should get kinda depends on what you wanna do.
Ipsc are basically tanfos and cz in Europe.
Feltskytte would be some kind of target 9mm: cz, tanfo, target sigs, pardini etc, 1911s are nice for that too.
Ppc is the same as Feltskytte I guess.

The general tip is to get a steel framed hammergun, da/sa or SAO
And I would recommend a cz shadow 1 or 2. Or a tanfo stock 2

Kinda pissed at my phone right now so this isn't going to be done with a lot of effort.

>The bad
Mk23 wasn't supposed to have a red dot, mounting plate makes it wide enough for the unsealed RMR base, makes the mount more complex and expensive.

L&M decided to use a backing plate inside the slideso the screws would have more material to mount to, the available slide thickness was still thicker than a Glock MOS plate but L&M decided they wanted longer screws fir durability. It's not contoured to fit flush and looks unsightly. Works though.

The adapter plate doesn't have the RMR revoil/indexing studs (little lego block studs). Personally I don't care but there have been concerns expressed that it is important for durability and holding zero. Mine has retained zero like I said before, but I haven't shot a ton with it and sample size of one, it's something to be aware of and some people feel it's a dealbreaker.

When the firing pin and extractor roll pins were pressed back in the tool they used had a knurled face and marred the top of the pins. It looks bad but has zero affect on function, it's totally concealed by the RMR.

Sorry if that's a shit overview but fuck this phone.

Attached: 20181018_144446-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 485K)

Attached: 20190203_013340.jpg (833x2194, 583K)

Attached: 20181018_144944-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 465K)

You should get a aimpoint acro for it

Note, these short screws just hold the plate on, the longer screws in are the actual RMR mounting screws. It's rock solid on the gun.

Attached: 20181115_021529-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 548K)

I don't really want to put a $600 mailbox on my gun.

You can see here how snug the slide to sight body fit is

Attached: 20190109_144250-955x1964.jpg (955x1964, 273K)

Zero test at 50 yards (off a bench rest) at about the 1700 round mark

Attached: 20190120_053535.jpg (3512x3478, 3.58M)

Thanks man. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about the sight. I’m probably going to go for it once the money rolls around

Cool, hope you like it if you do man.

Fun target, 20 rounds at 50 yards, 10 from the bench and two 5 round groups standing unsupported.
The red backed holes were the final standing group with a center to center spread of 2.73" (I was switching out a white backing paper every group because I only had one B-8 target left)

It makes the Mk23 an absolute joy to shoot at distances where the front sight used to obscure the entire target.

Attached: 20190130_134519-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 764K)

Not a big fan of the chrome(or nickel?) trigger on the 75 B. Is the SP-01 my best choice then? Trying to choose my first handgun

Does anyone have experience with the different Hogue G10 patterns? Specifically Piranha and Chain Link, I'm trying to decide between the two.

Attached: g10_prianha_chainlink.jpg (941x688, 167K)

glocks are for pussies.

Attached: HKsteelhasnothingonthis.jpg (780x438, 49K)

neither. get a 92A1

Attached: Beretta92A1Tactical.jpg (1024x683, 320K)

You're Swedish and probably care about language so this might actually help you. The word bureau-cratic is derived from French (office/desk). The apostrophe you used in delay's is meaningless because 's denotes either a singular noun's ownership (like this) or it is a contraction of a word + is. You didn't need an apostrophe. When writing in English we avoid ending sentences with adverbs like "with" but it's fine in casual spoken English.

Now if you're left-handed you probably want an ambidextrous or left-handed pistol, yes? The leftie model of the CZ75 is the CZ85. Some pistols are also easy to manipulate from the left with your index finger, but the Beretta 92 has this slide mounted lever and you will never have a thumb on that side unless you use your other hand. The Walther PPQ is one of my favorite full size ambi pistols and the M1 paddle release is very easy to use. A Sig P226/229 might work for you.

>rail
cringe

Attached: 20190203_085000.jpg (3059x1692, 3.72M)

Neither. P226

M9A3 quality, even Italian made ones, is shit anyhow.

imgur.com/a/Z2VTw

>those pictures

Attached: 1500061164168.png (1201x919, 1.23M)

The fuck is going on there? Is that a blem gun or something? New out of the box? Used? Give context.

NIB. Story is the original owner had an issue with the barrel and Beretta replaced the entire pistol. This is what they sent him.

oh and found this on arfcom. paints a nice picture of their CS

ar15.com/forums/handguns/M9A3-owners--Get-in-here--final-update-in-OP/15-184622/

Wow, it took him a YEAR to notice. Fucking ARfcom

>Both are practically identical in function and reliability

M&P have cast barrels and the Glock is forged. Glock is infinitely better than the M&P. I got the M&P like a dumb ass to "try something new" and the barrel cracked off at the chamber on the 1st box of ammo. I own dozens and dozens of guns and its the only one I regret buying. Oh yeah, and their AR10 which I sold years back. Stay away from S&W... its poverty tier trash

>seething Glock fanboy hatred

Christ. And people talk shit about nusig.

Damn. And I considered getting a Shield. I guess either G26 or P10s it is.

I have that same setup. Great gun. I've got about 2k rounds through it and no issues.

You're a tard if you took that at face value. Just get a Glock, you're too stupid for anything else.

Post pics.

Otherwise, I call bullshit on the anecdotes. It's an incredibly wide spread handgun in duty use and standard citizen use (tens if thousands are used for Police Academy guns sunday abused to shit, for instance) yet your story isn't a known one. The P320 shit came out almost immediately. Meanwhile m&p 2.0 ist still gtg in virtually everyone's eyes.

In other words, prove it, and prove it wasn't your doing.

t. M&P hater.

I genuinely think they are ugly and should have a Glock or P10 style take down, and I hate the trigger, but even I know they're completely fine guns.

Attached: 1548321978520.jpg (361x468, 58K)

After handling a lot of handguns and doing as much research as I could, I have come down to two handguns that interest me the most. CZ's P-01 Omega and whichever PX-4 is the closest in size. I haven't handled that exact CZ but I really like the ergonomics of the other CZ compacts that I have held, and it seems to combine that with a trigger/decocker/safety system that I would really like. The PX4 feels almost as good and I actually prefer the slide and mag release locations on the spaghetti gat. I am not a huge fan of the slide mounted decocker/safety but I think I could get used to it. Overall both feel good and have controls I like, and both would be within about $50 of each other where I live. Unfortunately no range near me has either available to rent since they are both slightly obscure to rural Idahoans. Can someone who owns or has shot both offer me any insight into what I am getting myself into? I recognize 9mm is not a particularly recoil-intense cartridge in this firearm segment but I am a newer shooter and want all the crutches I can get. This is a handgun I plan on practicing with a lot; doing my CCW classes, carrying, but also using as a range toy so I envision putting thousands of rounds through it over its lifetime.

Love mine. Though I grabbed the Cajun gun works tool steel striker just for the extra reliability.

Attached: p10lewd.jpg (3100x2792, 1.85M)

I was considering getting that too. Do you think it makes a difference? I still have the stock recoil spring. What weight spring did you put on?

Kept the recoil spring stock. Only thing I changed was a Dawson front sight, blacked out the rear, CGW striker, and then toyed around with striker springs. Running 4lb, no light strikes. Though I had to swap out the spring cups for glock spring cups to better fit the after market spring.

Fun fact though, if you want to play with the recoil spring, gen3 glock 19 guide rods fit the p10 like it was made for it. So you can grab a steel Gen 3 g19 guide rod, and some Wolff springs and go nuts.

That’s too much

You can find used M&P 40s for almost $200 cheaper than that

Follow your dream friend.
You are going to need a sports shooting membership. And if you already have rifles, I'm not going to bother you with the red tape, most of it is easy when you are already a gun owner. And shooting purely for the fun of it is, you know, FUN.
Now the membership may seem a bit of a hazzle, but look at it this way. The club will have a wide variety of small arms, which as a member you can try out. All of them.
This, more than anything else, will let you know what to buy for yourself in the fullness of time.

Should I go with a shield 2.0 or so p365 for my subcompact edc gun?

Shield 2.0 or G26 or cz Raami for cute

Anything that isn't a 365. Sig's QC has been laughably bad recently

Attached: 1547431135342.png (1000x1000, 205K)

>shitty DAO vs top tier striker
>plastic trigger that flexes or break vs godly metal
>LOL no front serrations
>brick grip vs heavenly comfort
>shitty recoil vs smooth like glass
stay mad poorfag

G26

>When writing in English we avoid ending sentences with adverbs like "with"
You mean prepositions, but no, we don't.
That's a bullshit rule made up by faggots who want English to use Latin grammar. And as long as it's painful, I have no specific requirements what they can go fuck themselves with.

A CUTE!

Attached: GSb8Y9T.jpg (480x640, 44K)

I really like the 2075BD as it’s steel frame, DA/SA, and appears to be plenty concealable. Does anyone have experience with one? It’s ease of concealability, trigger, and muzzle flip are my big three areas of concern
>thanks!

The sights and trigger are far better on the Sig. It appears the beta test is over and they’re actually ready for non brainlets to purchase them

Having rented the PX4 I can tell you it has incredibly soft recoil, my experience is mirrored by almost anyone whos ever shot one before. I would recommend for CCW the Px4 compact, as it’s more in line with he P01 in size and still has 15+1. The slide mounted decocker/safety is much maligned but with actual use it’s really not a problem at all

a range worker just posted a picture yesterday of a dec 2018 produced 365 exhibiting significant striker drag. I wouldn't say the beta test is over.

Darn

post the pic then

Purchased this yesterday. How'd I do k?

Attached: 20190203_142419.jpg (2880x2160, 1.99M)

Was thinking of picking up one of these and swapping the fire pin. Talk me out of it.

Attached: CZ52-BRNO.jpg (800x500, 43K)

>implying rails aren't beautiful and practical
Dont get me wrong, berettas look great without rails too

Attached: 15492221510883010679121632132216.jpg (2880x2160, 2.19M)

Not to be that guy, but where's the proof that the Glock is actually better? The 9mm M&P 1.0 had some issues (slide unlocking too early being the biggest) that were corrected later on in production, but, then again, so did Glock (brass to the face, slides cracking at the rear with higher round counts). I don't think you're wrong, but I'm just wondering what evidence you have for the Glock Gen 5 being better than the M&P 2.0.