Consider the following:

Consider the following:

>society has collapsed
>government has collapsed
>your location is densely populated
>your location is mostly without firearms
>your environment is liable to ebb and flow in civil unrest

Do you value a larger calibre in a straight pull mechanism or a smaller calibre in semi? State your reasoning.

Attached: British-5.56-L2A2-close-up.jpg (678x381, 54K)

small caliber in semi auto
my argument is jut the small unit tatics used by the reds in stalingrad
smg was king in urban warfare before intermediates came in to use. the best option would be an Ar 15 with a short barrel a suppressor and a coat-hanger

Consider the following:

>not having both
If you don't have both you've fucked everything up.

Semi auto

Zero benefit of bolt actions. My cbc AR is more accurate than my Savage 10 .308.

That is a pretty good setup

>My cbc AR is more accurate than my Savage 10 .308.
details
what scope
what stock
have you tried rebedding the rifle
that should honestly not be possible
unless you got a lemon youre fucking this up

Attached: 853586.jpg (285x475, 31K)

It's an option but then you're running two rifles and resources are going to be scarce given the environment.

Some rifles dont shoot as well others user. Some shoot really well that you wouldnt expect when the parts come together right.
I have a 16" m249 chrome lined FN barrel in one of my rifles and it happens to shoot around half minute of angle with the right ammunition which is far better than I would expect to ever get again in another barrel like it. Maybe his was another lucky barrel.

Yes, only onions drinkers will disagree.

if i bought a bolt gun 300-500$ and it didnt shoot at least 1.5 moa i would cal the manufacturer
if i actually spent 1k on a bolt rifle it better shoot .75 moa at the very least
this isnt 1954 and that shit just isnt acceptable in terms of quality control

Attached: Cricket-Precision-Rifle.jpg (1000x560, 37K)

Consider the following:

>infrastructure collapses, therefore manufacturing does also
>all of Jow Forums lives in perpetual dissonance because they couldn't bear to think their only hope of survival is inherently unreliable

time to hit the gym fatty

Attached: nwh.png (1006x503, 1003K)

It's a good point. I raised a point earlier about supplies being scarce. I'm actually fairly fit but having to rely on one rifle is the challenge. Sounds like the semi is winning on the versatility front?

and if semi-auto is not legal ?
Australia.
I do have 6 .30 cal milsurp bolt actions , a .22LR bolt action and a U/O 12 gauge shotgun.
best I can do within the confines of the law.

Pretty good for increasing hit probability considering most targets in an urban environment will only show for a few seconds.

small caliber in semi auto
ammo is cheaper and you can carry more besides i dont plan on hunting engine blocks

since the main goal in that scenario is to remove yourself from a dense population in the first place, your ammo/weapon type shouldnt be your priority anyway. ammunition quantity should be the least of your concerns, figuring out how to never use it should be

semi auto .308 will reign supreme

Fucking kek

and what about armour/cover defeating capability ?

Good point. I have assumed you would be stuck in the densely populated area based on the parameters of the challenge, especially with the flaring of civil unrest but I agree, escape would be the goal.

how often do you really plan on punching through cinder block walls or people wearing rifle level armor. in either situation better off fucking off then fighting it out in urban areas you arent peace keeping you are just trying to A leave the city or B not die

I guess it isn't about penetration to reach a hidden target, as there are too many obstacles for moving targets. It's more about increasing hit opportunity when you can.

This.

what about car windows then ?

even a 22LR can pierce a car window and if you are shooting at a car that has armored windows once again you shouldnt be fucking shooting at it in the situation given by OP

> And a coat hanger.

FULL FREEDOM MODE

Small caliber semi auto rifle.
Carry more boolets, easier to handle.
Odds are you will not come across anything armored, if you do then avoid it or lay a trap for it.

>my argument is jut the small unit tatics
I hope you have a militia.

I'd value packing up and getting the fuck out of dense populated areas.

AR-15 semi auto 5.56 with freedom switch installed
It's what's most likely to be around in the US
Also this if possible. If i was able to high tail it out of there in time then I'd take at least an SKS too.

Attached: 1540053737977.jpg (500x375, 38K)

fpbp

5.56 is ubiquitous, sufficient to kill a human, and easy to carry/conceal/store in massive quantities.

I would of course also have a dedicated hunting rifle, and a sidearm as well. But if I had to have one it'd be an AR. MAYBE a 9mm carbine if I had a 9mm pistol as well.

Smaller caliber semi, what kinda of a fucking question is this?

I'd take the semi.

if 3 bad men come through your door it's better to have all 3 injured and on the floor than two dead and one raping your corpse.

>densely populated
>limited firearms
You done goofed boy-o. Key to survival is not being in this situation when it happens.

Semi-auto anything by miles.

Pretty much no matter what you need to do it ends up being better.
Need to just survive? Keep it light, avoid trouble as much as possible, if it finds you put down suppressive fire and break contact. There is little need to engage beyond the range of a 16" 5.56 rifle.
Need to play soldier with a militia and take or hold ground? You do this at the increased risk of getting slotted, but having more ammo on tap that you can dispense faster is still critical for suppression, taking buildings or just out-maneuvering someone else in a fight.

A bolt-action rifle is still useful of course, but mostly as a reserve weapon or if you're going the sniper route for area denial. Even then within most ranges you'll see in urban combat a $300 AR can be used as a sniper rifle if need be.
A bolt-action can also be used for going innawoods and doing some hunting, but again .223 can take more game than people usually think and battle rifles exist too.
The only fighting rifle I own is a BR but I actually disagree. It simply isn't as handy or maneuverable as an AR or AK.

For me it's just that I like having a BR and don't think it'll be that much of a disadvantage in a highly unlikely scenario that I'll live long enough to use it in combat.